Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Datasmurf posted:

Hey now, it's still active in Norway. My maternal grandmother use it often, and I've spent many a day just browsing through it. Sure, it's 15-20 years ago, but hey. If I'm bored and the TV is on, I fire up the old teletext and surf through it. Read the news, see if any of the old games are still active (they usually aren't) et cetera.

They even have online versions as well!

e: Slightly off topic, but what VM setup have you had the most success with for getting old PDA software to work? I have a VTech Helio (with dock and USB-RS232 adapter) and I haven't been able to make it work with QEMU/Windows 98 yet, for some reason.

overeager overeater has a new favorite as of 14:01 on Sep 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

axolotl farmer posted:

[Weird_Al]-[Random_parody_song]-[96kbps].mp3

notbyal.html

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

axolotl farmer posted:

isn't flash still used as middleware for making menus and inteface things in games?

Yeah, a couple of games do that using Scaleform.