Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.

leidend posted:

Listened to it in the car with the old cassette adapter. These would break every few months

Couldn't use those fm adapters because there isn't a single "empty" radio station where I live.

When I bought my latest car, an aux port was a must.
My car(stereo) is stuck in technological limbo. It's too new to have a cassette deck, but it's too old for an AUX port. Couple that with living in an area where there's no clear FM bands available for a transmitter, and I'm consigned to Compact Discs in my car :p

I've three of these with me every time I drive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

I loved the insane robotic sounds my 3-disc changer stereo made when switching between trays. I kept The Rock movie soundtrack in tray 3 for the better half of the 90's. Friend of mine still has a 5-disk changer which he still uses, and we give him poo poo for the thing all the time. No idea 51-changers existed, holy poo poo.

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

I was visiting a technology museum recently and they had a microfiche (Microform) machine on display. How commonly is that stuff still used today?

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

The fountain pen discussion made me look up the pens we were issued in elementary school, which was the Lamy ABC:

http://www.amazon.com/Lamy-ABC-Fountain-Blue-Right/dp/B000FA5EII

It's a hell of a lot more expensive then I would have thought, and it explains why school never replaced mine even though I chewed the poo poo out of it.