Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Axeman Jim posted:

Crap British Trains of the 1950s

You two need to get together with Nebakenezzer and write a book about poorly designed vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Just use Wi-Fi to listen to them at home, then.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

MisterBibs posted:

Sorry for bringing this post back from a page ago, but I've read this story a few times since it first appeared and I've never really understood what the story was trying to tell and/or make me feel. It's a total non-story. Man remembers old game from his youth he couldn't finish, seeks out the creator. Creator turns out to be Randomly Crazy, but gives him a version of the game that has two extra screens, one of which is an ending screen. Was it just that the guy didn't know the right answer as a kid?

I think the point of the story is to be a counterpoint to others like it. Sometimes what seems like a mystery isn't, sometimes great effort only bring disappointment, and sometimes not knowing is more enjoyable than learning the truth.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

peter gabriel posted:

I print out important emails and put them in front of me so I don't forget about them :3:

Oh god, the IT thread tales were true.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Slanderer posted:

I have literally never heard of anyone carrying their phone charger regularly because that is probably insane for one reason or another. I have one in my laptop back for travel and that's it.

Did humanity collectively forget backpacks exist at some point? I've got a charger, an umbrella, a water bottle, sunglasses, shopping bags, earbuds, a toothbrush with toothpaste, earmuffs, a hat, gloves, and glasses cleaning supplies with me all the time. It's like two pounds, tops.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Little collapsible ones. Texas can get surprisingly chilly and windy in winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Dick Trauma posted:

But it is summer! Shouldn't you swap out the muffs and gloves for sunscreen and a swell visor?
I use the umbrella as a parasol. Or the hat. Plus the gloves are thin ones that don't take up much room.

Dick Trauma posted:

EDIT: I have to ask: why is this guy carrying a Fluke and a sidearm? And lockpicks? What the hell?
I think you know why.