Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

I give you: Snappy Video Snapshot.

You could hook up a video source (via RCA) and take stills from it.
I remember using this to make avatars for members of a George Romero / horror film forum in the early 2000s, screencapping my two-tape Anchor Bay Director's Cut VHS copy of Dawn of the Dead.

And speaking of VHS, I just recently completed my dead-format tower of power:

S-VHS, Betamax, CED, and Laserdisc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

I was in the thrift store the other day and thought I saw a LaserDisc player, but it turned out to just be a 5-disc CD player.

This would happen to me so much when I still on my quest for a LD player. I feel your pain.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Oh, weird. My mom just found one of these (in white) that I had back in like 1992-- it apparently annoyed her so much that she took it from me and put it on top of one of our kitchen cabinets to ensure I wouldn't be able to get at it. Annnnd it stayed there till Nov 2013, when she finally found it again and gave it back to me. The original batteries somehow still work, even. It's insane.

And yeah, the thing is crazy irritating. It even vibrates/rattles loudly as it emits the noises..

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

DNova posted:

I would have bought some of those from you :(