Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Pope Mobile posted:

I just thought of another one: The Zune. I knew I shouldn't have gotten one after my dad did (given his tracked record) but I loved mine. It was a great music player, and I really liked the market. I was sad when it got water damaged :(

I loved my Creative Zen but I'm going to be really sad when all my Zunes die. They are the best MP3 players I've ever used and I've yet to feel like it's the same experience playing music on a phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

MindlessHavok posted:

If it's because of the IU and you have an Android there's a music player modeled after it called UberMusic that you should try:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uberdroidstudio.ubermusic&hl=en

Yeah, that's as close as I can get, but part of it is that I just like having a separate device. I can run the battery down on my Zune and not care, I can use all the storage space, etc.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Plinkey posted:

All this talk of small phones reminds me of this dumb thing I had for a year or so before getting a 'smart' windows phone.

The Siemens SL55

It was so stupidly small that it was almost impossible to type/text on without hitting multiple keys at the same time. Barely had any storage for numbers/texts and wasn't even a good form factor. But hey, I had the smallest phone out of all of my friends. :smug: Also all the buttons started breaking after about 12 months.

I think that was the first "slider" phone I ever remember seeing. I loved that format, at least back in the days before everyone wanted smartphones.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Dick Trauma posted:

I am saddened that my elite mouse cleaning skills have become worthless. I used to enjoy coming across a mouse that felt like it was rolling over cobblestones and clean it really well.

Optical mice made such a massive difference. I think it was Razer that still made ball mice for a while and tried to act like it somehow was better for gaming, but it was so universally better to have an optical mouse.