Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.

College Slice

I was one of those kids with the Casio universal remote watch. It was a mayhem machine. I memorized the codes for different brands so I could crank the volume up on entire displays of TVs at the stores. At school I drove several teachers to a nervous breakdown.

One of them was this poor old home economics teacher who was a year from retirement anyway. Between every single tape she played going totally bugfuck and throwing pistachio pudding in the washing machines she just got a 1000 yard stare one day and walked out. She never taught again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Forever and always my favorite keyboard...

They are getting rare and pricey, especially for a new one.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

MageMage posted:

I feel dumb for asking this but what makes this so special?

Its just a really nice keyboard. Its drat near indestructible, the keys have a really solid, smooth feel to them and it looks super cool. It also has 2 usb's on it but they're only V.1 slow ports. Perfectly good for a mouse though.

My last one died to drink spillage and I went with a nice saitek backlit keyboard when I saw that the used apple pros were commanding unreasonable prices.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Phanatic posted:

I'll go into some detail on the gun itself, since it's neat, and obsolete/failed as hell. Here's what it would look like all cleaned up:

Great post! This sort of stuff is very interesting. I'd love to hear more about obsolete and/or terrible guns weapons and military equipment.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

That armored car rocks. One of my favorites is the Vespa 150 TAP. It's basically a scooter with a 75mm cannon strapped to it.

Designed during the cold war for French paratroopers. Unfortunately the gun is meant to be removed and mounted on a tripod before use. I prefer to imagine hundreds of screaming Frenchmen hurtling out of the clouds raining scooter death down on the enemy.

Sadly the wiki on this magnificent beast isnt very detailed.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vespa_150_TAP

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

EPG's "My tank is fight" front page articles and book covered a lot of the more well known examples of military insanity. Definitely worth looking up.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

I'm lucky enough to have a drive in right up the road from my house. Nostalgia aside its a great place to watch a movie. They have a nice modern projector for good image quality and if you have a decent car stereo the sound is awesome. My car has nicer seats than most theaters and on a nice night the fresh breeze makes for a relaxing experience. The only downsides are the aforementioned roving packs of I'll behaved screeching kids and the unpredictability of the weather.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

I don't know much about steampunk but I do know that's a rockin' set of tits.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Teledildonics is probably my favorite word in my vocabulary. Its a drat shame that there are so precious few occasions to break it out during casual conversation.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Going back a page or two, I actually own an SACD capable player. Its an older Sony 5 DVD carousel. I use my bluray player for movies now anyway but I've always wanted to find a few good SACDs to try in it. My stereo is a mish mash of old and new speakers and components that works really well for what it is.

Can anyone recommend any good SACDs to try?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Ron Burgundy posted:

About to give my last revision PowerMac G5 to my mate. Reading all the hype again makes me want to keep it a bit, but it's a bloody dog compared to an i5.

I decided to go hog wild when I switched to a Mac and bought a G5. I got the dual 2.5 which was the top of the line at the time. Those things were monstrous. It probably weighed about 50 lbs. Liquid cooled with about ten fans in it. It served well as a space heater. Unfortunately it aged pretty quickly and loved to burn up the huge and expensive proprietary power supply often.

I gave up on it after the third power supply. I still have the case around somewhere. It really was a beautiful piece of hardware and I'd like to put some modern PC guts in it someday. Has anybody ever attempted that? There's a lot of really thick metal in there that needs to be cut away in order to mount a different mobo.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

WebDog posted:

A mate of mind did just that. It requires a fair bit of sawing to fit in the motherboard, which won't line up out the back correctly, as well as rewiring all of the ports. Someone's done a very good pictorial on what you have to do to get it all to work.

That's about what I was imagining. I may have to attempt it in the near future. My present PC is almost worthy of this thread. I'm still sporting a 2.6 dual core and an old 9600gt. Its showing its age in a bad way. Its noticeably chuggy these days and modern games are pretty much hopeless. Still runs tf2 like a champ though.

Philips screws won't give you as much grief if you use a proper sized, good quality screwdriver. By that I mean the sort with the grippy ridges down in the slots. Less slippage = less stripped screws.

Grumbletron 4000 has a new favorite as of 04:28 on Jun 18, 2014

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

I used to be into car audio back in the late 90's. I still am a little bit but back then having your poo poo stolen was a big problem. It doesn't seem like anybody gives a care about stealing car stereos now. The best solution for stolen car stereos was the removable face plate which most people remember.

Kenwood came up with the motorized revolving self hiding face plate thing. Basically, you turn the car off and the front of the stereo would do a super sweet mechanical dance and flip around to show a plain black panel to tell the stereo thieves to move on. It looked like this...

It actually worked but cause nobody ever stole it. After a year or so it broke and wouldn't flip around anymore. Up to then it was pretty bad rear end because everyone who rode in my car thought my crazy spinning stereo was awesome.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

Has after market car audio progressed past gaudy-as-gently caress head units yet?

I seem to remember the late 90's being all about cramming as many brightly lit buttons onto the deck as you could, and the coolest had animations that played

Late 90's weren't bad until Sony started pushing that Xplod crap out. Then it became flashing, spinning LEDs all over the place. These days Nakamichi, Clarion, Blaupunkt and Pioneer have some rather tasteful single and double DIN units. Pioneer in particular has some nice double DIN sized units that sound great and dont look like an disco nightmare.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

DigitalRaven posted:

All of this is making me nostalgic enough to dig out my first smartphone.

I don't even know if it powers up.

It almost certainly does. I found my old 650 while I was looking through some stuff. It hasn't seen a charger in years but it fired right up.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Dick Trauma posted:

On a similar subject my beloved and woefully out of date How and Why books. This is what childhood information looked like prior to the Internet. It's hard to express the impact these had on me, before I started reading National Geographic around 1977. I love the imagery. It exists in a weird transitional period between the imagination of the 1950s and the realities of the 1960s.

I vaguely remember loving those in grade school. In the 80's. I went to a backwoods and horribly underfunded school district. There were still TRS-80s in use well into the 90's there. Typing was taught on those old IBM typewriters with the golf ball looking type head. The only modern computer in the whole school was one teachers personal machine that he would push from room to room on a big cart. My entire schooling was pretty much one big lesson in obsolescence.

I also had to walk 20 miles to school and back in the snow, up hill both ways. I had to wear a bucket for a hat and hollowed out cats for shoes and gloves.

Grumbletron 4000 has a new favorite as of 04:20 on Jun 4, 2015

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Are the laserdisc versions of the star wars movies still the best ones? By the best I mean the highest quality versions that don't have that goofy extra poo poo Lucas edited into them.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Mister Kingdom posted:

They were the last unmolested versions other than some soundtrack tweaking.

That's a drat shame. I don't go turbo nerd for star wars or anything but I'd like to be able to buy the original versions. Those newer ones really are stupid as poo poo.

I almost bought a LD player with a bunch of movies that was for sale on craigslist. No reason for it aside from nostalgia / novelty. Back when, they really were a shitload nicer looking than VHS. I especially remember the sound being super good.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Yeah, VHS tapes aren't ageing well. I passed all of mine on to my dad about 10 years ago. Mine weren't ever abused but also not exactly preserved. When his VCR finally died last year most of those movies were just plain worn out. I got him a DVD player and passed my disc collection on to him. Hopefully DVDs will endure the rigors of time a little better. I know they won't degrade from repeated viewing but I've heard of cheaply made discs bubbling up on the label side. They can't be any worse than the old tapes.

Zonekeeper posted:

Here's hoping Disney started working on a Blu Ray release of the original cuts as soon as Lucas ceased having a say in the matter.

Part of me thinks they already have an HD remaster of the unmodified originals ready and are holding off until the Episode 7 merch machine kicks into gear to maximize sales.

I was kinda thinking that would happen when I heard Disney took over the franchise. They're gonna want back every last dime of the bajillion $$$ they paid. There's enough people that buy every single new version and old version as well as the people that just want to see the originals without that god damned singing whatever the gently caress that was in jabbas palace to make it worth their while.

Grumbletron 4000 has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Jul 8, 2015

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

There's not many deals to be had at any thrift stores anymore. That whole thing seems to have bled over into the yard sale world too. I used to be able to find all sorts of cool outdated tech at yard sales for next to nothing. Books, records, furniture and all sorts of other poo poo too.

Seems like now all the yard sales I see aren't people just trying to make a buck or two while cleaning out the basement. Its professional yard salesmen that set up shop every weekend with all the poo poo they scooped up at other yard sales and marked up a few hundred percent.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

I was still using a giant RCA console TV up to the late 90's. The picture was actually pretty decent for something from the early 80's. Having a big surface on the top was kind of nice for decorations and stuff. About that same time I was still using a hand me down Technics rack system I got from my mom. It was actually pretty good stuff. Not one of those crummy all in one things, but separate components that just happened to be purchased together in a cabinet. The amp that came with that stuff was a powerhouse.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Collateral Damage posted:

This is why you buy a Nexus. No branded bloatware and no wait for updates.

Not all of the nexus phones are good. The Galaxy Nexus is already a candidate for this thread. That thing was a god awful slug of a phone. It had rotten battery life, poo poo reception and it was built out of the cheapest, greasiest plastic ever. I have a Nexus 6 now and its pretty good. I've since boycotted all Samsung products because of that phone.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Pham Nuwen posted:

Every one of these could be mounted on the shoulders of a mecha and nobody would bat an eye.

Any of those could be replaced by a JVC Kaboom! Box. I had one and it was an amazing piece.

Dual subs, loud as hell and powered by only 10 D-cells and 3 AA's for memory. They seriously rocked so drat hard. It's got a tiny and formidable replacement in the Riva Turbo X now. I've got one of those too and it's louder and clearer than it has any right to be given its size.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Enos Shenk posted:

More "out of style" than obselete, but the El Kameleon.

It was a head unit for your car when when powered off the little control tray slid back inside and the front panel was just flat black. It was billed as an anti-thievery measure, instead of removable faceplate it just looked like you had no radio at all!

Of course that was nonsense, but it still looked rad as gently caress. I bought one when I got my first real job and had the money to spend on such things, it actually lasted quite a while. The typical failure mode was the movement mechanism would jam up, which mine did but I just cracked it open and prodded it back into working order. The CD player finally gave up the ghost and I replaced it, but man was it cool while it lasted.

It's definitely obsolete because car stereo thievery seems to have died out long ago. Used to be that you would be in very real danger of coming out to find your car door jimmied or window smashed and your system stripped, if not your whole car stolen. This was a very real problem in the late 90,s at least.

I remember the Elkameleon well. I had the first Kenwood flip face head unit. There were the first anti theft stereos where the whole unit slid out of its chassis. A flip out handle would allow you to carry it around with you. Nobody could steal your stereo but you looked like a tool toting the thing around. Then there were the removable face plates. Also a pain in the rear end because who wants to carry that thing around. Thieves knew that most people would just chuck them under the seat if they even bothered to remove them at all.

Kenwood came out with a motorized faceplate that would do an elaborate dance that would pop out, revolve and sink back in leaving a blank panel.

I had this one...

Flipped around, this is what you'd see...

There was even a secret soft spot on the front which you could press to make the front flip around if the power was disconnected for too long. Naturally the experienced thief could spot one of these and jack your poo poo but it seemed to work for me. It never got stolen. It did, however break so the face wouldn't flip around anymore. To be expected from something that used an elaborate system of motors and linkages that was made to exist in a hot rear end, or freezing cold car.

It was a product that was ahead of its time that quickly found itself obsolete when people decided that car stereos weren't worth the trouble of a theft charge anymore.

Edit: Just remembered the Kenwood system was called MASK. Neat video of the one I had here. I had the CD version but you get the idea.

https://youtu.be/pDu8mqEb1Cw

Grumbletron 4000 has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Oct 23, 2015

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

KozmoNaut posted:

Yeah, if I was going to buy a new amplifier today, it would probably be class D with a built in DAC. But I honestly think the amplifier and passive speakers type setup is outdated for most users. Amplification is so cheap and compact today that it just makes a lot more sense to build active speakers instead.

For something that's going to be within arms reach that's fine. It seems to me like its just as much of a hassle to provide each speaker with a power source as it is to run a cable from an amp. For a multi speaker theater style setup anyway.

It'll be awesome when we get wireless power figured out. For bigger things than phones that have to sit on their special little pads that we have now.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

KozmoNaut posted:

With passive speakers, the cables have to be relatively beefy when you get into high-power systems. Because it's a relatively low-voltage system, you need a lot of amps to deliver a desired total output power. That means a higher cross section cable is needed, and when you get into real powerful systems, you need some seriously beefy speaker cables, like 8 AWG or even thicker.

As you can probably imagine, that gets unwiedly quickly. With active speakers, you can run two relatively thin power and signal cables instead, with less total copper (and bulk+weight) needed.

Active speakers still need a power source though. Why have a speaker that needs a power cable and an audio cable as well when just one wire will do? Subwoofers aside from all that of course.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

KozmoNaut posted:

I explained that in my post, exactly the part you quoted.

When you get into higher power levels, the speaker cable needs to be very thick and so the power cable and signal cable together will actually end up being thinner and more easily manageable than the speaker cable.

This is because the power cable is running at 120 or 230 volts and consequently a lower amperage for the same total power, compared to speaker cable, where the voltage is lower (maybe 50 volts at most, for high-power setups), so the amperage is higher. More amps need thicker cable.

And of course the signal cable is running at like 2 volts and carries basically no amperage at all, so it can be really thin compared to the power or speaker cable.

I didn't understand at first but I get what you're saying now. Seems like something that's entirely possible now and has been for awhile. Is there any particular reason that the audio industry hasn't embraced the idea?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Cat Hatter posted:

I remember those! My dad had one for his Wrangler so he could keep the radio in the house overnight since soft-top Wranglers were comically easy to break into and stuff would go missing when the neighbors would have a party. He got a second chassis thing for the boat so when we got to the boat launch he could pull the radio out of the Jeep and put it in the boat instead of having to buy a second one.

You reminded me that those stereos were great for Jeep and boat guys. You could just yank the thing out if things were gonna get muddy or splashy.

Non boat related, but back when the pull outs were the thing I knew a guy that had an Alpine CD player and the almost identical cassette player. The chassis was identical for both so he could swap them out on the go. It was amazingly cool at the time.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

There was a B-36 that flew with an operational reactor. It wasn't used for propulsion though. For experimental purposes only. Apparently the lead shielding necessary to prevent the crew from being lethally irradiated was extremely heavy and our government decided the whole thing was a terrible idea.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_NB-36H

There was, however project Pluto. A mad science missile powered by a nuclear reactor. It was a nightmare of a weapon that would use its nuclear ramjet to fly over Russia, drop its arsenal of bombs and then cruise merrily across the countryside spraying insane amounts of radiation out of its rear end. It was tested on the ground quite successfully. The world can be glad that the ICBM came along and made the damned thing obsolete before it ever took the the skies.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pluto

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Thank you so much! I came across a link to that awhile back, maybe in the excellent airpower cold war thread but I haven't been able to find it since. Anybody that likes some good cold war fiction with a heaping helping of eldritch horror on the side needs to read that immediately!

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

On the subject of HDD based mp3 players, I bought in early with a 15gb iPod. Bought it at circuit city for $350. Got it home and realized it was FireWire only. ANOTHER $50 later and it ruled. That was the old monochrome display and touch wheel ipod. 4 orange buttons too.

I loved it. The audio quality was awesome and even though iTunes sucked hard dicks back then it was easier than burning mp3 CDs. The battery was poo poo though. After a year or so I opened it open and put a new battery in only to run it over with a forklift the next week.

About that time phones with memory cards and mp3 capability became commonplace.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Magnus Praeda posted:

I imagine the salesman when these first came out just saying something like, "... sure, so what you're gonna do is you hold the CopyWandŽ in your hand and just hold the paper you're copying with your other hand as you pull the CopyWandŽ across. Then with your other other hand you pull the copy out like this..."

Whips out dick and starts scanning at the root. Scanner runs out of paper.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

sarcastx posted:

Here's some obsolete and failed technology: the entire car purchasing process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs

Tesla's on the right track with the set prices and simple "apple-like" experience, but the problem with what they're doing is that it's not scaleable - that being, it's easy to have this kind of a model when you're selling a niche product at a premium price. I don't think they're going to have the same success in five years or so once (if) production of the Model 3 scales up to the numbers they're talking about. And the thing you need to remember is that many people can't afford (or don't want) to buy a brand new car - how can Tesla's model cope with the varying condition of used cars? If it's 2020, and you have three 2017 Model 3's - how do you price them if they're all different colors, of different mileages, and say, one's been in a small accident?

I don't pretend to have a solution, but I will say this:

Whoever cracks this nut is going to be loving loaded.
Nobody is happy with the status quo of car sales, except for people in car sales - and even then, only some of them.

Saturn tried the no hassle buying experience thing in the early 90's. The people I knew that bought cars from them had nothing but positive things to say. It didn't hurt that the cars themselves were actually pretty decent too. I'm not sure why the rest of the GM brands didn't adopt that sales strategy.

Obviously, Saturn isn't around anymore but I imagine that has more to do with the car lineup becoming a redundant badge engineered mess rather than the buying experience.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Platystemon posted:

Car purchasing works the way it does because of price discrimination.

You can sell cars at low margins to people who are willing to haggle, but for people who are rich enough they don’t give a gently caress, you get full price.

That can be true sometimes. It's also true that most wealthy people didn't become wealthy by spending foolishly and just blindly chucking money around. In my experiences those that have money are more bargain savvy than people who are struggling.

For example, a person that can just write a check and buy a car outright has more power to get a dealer to knock a few bucks off than someone who is living from one paycheck to the next. Mr. Megabucks can just say "If you don't either knock a grand off the top or throw in the nav system for free, gently caress you. I'll take my business over to the dealership that will". Mrs. Emptywallet, who had to take the bus over to the 25% interest Shitshow dealer because her decades old Taurus puked it's transmission out, and she has to get to work and pick the kids up from school, well she's gonna sign the papers to get that car no matter what the Shitshow Bros. Hyundai lays in front of her. She has no time or money to bargain with.

Aside from that poo poo the no haggle model really would be better for almost everyone concerned but I understand why the system is what it is. I just bought a car six months ago and I was fortunate enough to be able to pay for it outright. It was a pretty painless process in that I was able to just say to the salesman, " I want that one, what is the least amount that you will sell it for"? I got $500 knocked off and drove away happy. I imagine things would have gone a little different if I was trying to finance it.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Sentient Data posted:

From what I understand, you actually would have gotten a lower price since the dealers get a commission from the lenders for setting up loans (or just even more direct profit if it's in-house lending), that's why current advice seems to be to let the dealer believe you're trying to finance, then only mention a full payment (even if it's a loan check from your own bank) once the numbers are settled

Thats what I did. I told the salesman I would be financing with my bank. I'm sure they'd rather I financed through them but in the end I dont think it mattered much. With the interest factored in I would have paid a lot more in the end. In my case, my old car had been paid off for awhile and I knew it's days were numbered so I started banking the equivalent of a normal payment every month when I realized my car was on its way out.

I just got lucky that I had enough saved to buy the car I wanted when my old car finally poo poo the bed. I feel like I got more than a fair deal on the car I ended up with.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

JediTalentAgent posted:

ON the subject of disc storage and tech: What is the status on the 100-200-300+ CD disc changers for homes? Looking on Amazon, it seems like almost every model I look at is discontinued.

I had a Sony 200 CD changer back around '99-'00. Used it for a few years after that until I got an iPod and enough hard drive space to make it impractical. It took forever to make a list of the discs in there. The upscale model had a keyboard input so you could enter in song titles and poo poo but gently caress all that.

Been said better by a bunch of people now but with Google music I've got 90% of what is like to listen to available at all times. I've got enough space on every device that isn't connected to my home computer that I'm very, very seldom wanting for something to listen to. I definitely do not miss the bad old days of gigantic CD suitcases.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

"Most people don't give a poo poo" is the best answer to the audio quality argument. I'm not an audiophile by most standards but I do want my music to sound the best it can under whatever circumstances. Given that the majority of people aren't going to be sitting down in a nice sound proof room with high quality audio gear CDs and high quality files/streaming is perfectly fine. And I tend to agree for the most part.

One thing I wish was more popular is multi channel recordings of some stuff. The flaming lips yoshimi album in 5.1 is really loving cool to hear. I realize not a lot of music would benefit from the surround experience but that's an option I'd like to have for certain things.

There was SACD but it didn't really catch on. I'm guessing that most people didn't want to buy the player or yet another copy of their albums. Not to mention you would have to have some pretty decent stereo gear to even be able to tell the difference. It's a shame because I've heard some SACDs on good gear and they really do sound loving amazing.

Grumbletron 4000 has a new favorite as of 05:36 on May 12, 2016

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

I think my SACD experiences had a lot to do with the hardware and speakers hooked up with it being better than most, but I'm still saying that it sounds really good. Gonna have to disagree with the 128kbps thing though. I think 128 definitely sounds noticeably crappier than a the original disc or a good VBR file.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Samizdata posted:

One of my favorite parts of rockabilly/psychobilly.

I saw that bass in person. Nekromantix put on a drat good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Phanatic posted:

Okay, the best individual show I ever saw was Nashville Pussy opening for Hank III opening for Reverend Horton Heat. But I'll always go to a 97s show.

I saw Nashville Pussy open for the Rev once. I think the Nekromantix were the first act. But, hell yes was that a kick rear end, high energy show. Those guys are still fun to listen to any time though. For me, the one that doesn't translate from live to any other medium was GWAR. I was fortunate enough to see them before Cory Smoot and Dave Brockie died. The stage show and unbridled violence was just mind blowing. I still have my blood and jizz stained shirt from that night. I really hope they're still doing it right in their current incarnation.