Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colton
Mar 30, 2003

Member of the Kevin Smith look-alikes local #45317
ok, since I'm at work right now I can't post a picture, but here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Traveler_%28video_game%29

Time Traveller. Remember that game? the holographic arcade game about a time travelling cowboy trying to save the universe from an evil scientist? Made by the same guy who came up with the dragon's lair games. It was an FMV game where you had to push the button or move the joystick in certain ways when prompted or you die. Except this game had a "time cube" you could buy with extra quarters and when you activated it it would reverse time like prince of persia so you can replay an FMV sequence.

I remeber this game being expensive as hell (a dollar a credit maybe?) and being a poor kid growing up I would just rush to the game whenever my parents took me to an arcade to watch any other kids playing it or just watch the demo. I thought this was so cool and would revolutionize video games for all time! After reading that wikipedia article 5 minutes ago I was crestfallen to learn that it just used a tv and a concave mirror for the "hologram" effect. God drat I loved that game. Apparently it fell out of favor once street fighter rose in popularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU