Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

mrkillboy posted:

This is my first mobile phone which I got in 2000, the a1018, made by Ericsson before they became Sony Ericsson and before they dropped the Ericsson name all together. I got it as part of a prepaid package, which cost me a cool AUD$200 at the time.

Fun fact: when I got this early 2000, text messaging was unavailable for pre-paid plan customers on the network I was on. They only got around to making it available for everyone later that year.

Remember when SMS's first started and you could only send them to people if they were on the same network as you? Then cross network SMSing came along and it blew everyones minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Fozaldo posted:

When I was a kid if you wanted to play games it was all about vacuum fluorescent table top arcade games. I guess the most popular were these bad boys:

I have one of those! It still works perfectly, I'm gonna have to hunt down some C batteries to play it now.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Multi-carts ruled. I remember going to Singapore for the first time and me and my brother both getting a Gameboy.

There were heaps.of bootleg 3 in 1 and 5 in 1 game carts.

I wish I still had my one with Dr Mario, SMB and the Araknoid clone. It was the only cart we needed alongside Tetris.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

WebDog posted:

Oh I guess you might have forgotten this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sAQDko-R1s

There was the triple cheese one too.

No video I can find but it was get a free triple cheese burger if you could say, 'I choose the triple cheese, the triple cheese lovers choose when they choose the cheese, cheese, cheese, that the triple cheese lovers choose.'