Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagnumLode
Apr 10, 2004

Have some Kool-Aid, dipshit.

AlternateAccount posted:

Wait, I remember BBSes only allowing 20-60 mins/day per user, was this not typically the case?

If I remember correctly, you had to maintain a certain ratio of what you uploaded to what you downloaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagnumLode
Apr 10, 2004

SimplyCosmic posted:

9v batteries seem pretty uncommonly used these days as well, outside of garage door openers and clock radios.

Not exactly a common use, but a lot of the moisture meters we use at work take 9v.

MagnumLode
Apr 10, 2004

I just dug out my old Zip 100 USB. It still works, surprisingly better than I remember.

MagnumLode
Apr 10, 2004

I used to work in construction and I found a few of those razor blade caches. I always wondered why there was a ton of blades piled up inside the wall.

Interesting. Now I know.

MagnumLode
Apr 10, 2004

DreamingApe posted:

I'm still using the Logitech m570, all the kids in the library think i'm a computer wizard for using it. :3:

A trackball wizard? Is your name Tommy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagnumLode
Apr 10, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Saves plastic on the unnecessary bit.

What, the person? Polyester and such?