Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

As a Paperwhite user, I don't think making page turning more like a real book would be a win. The swipe or tap to change pages is better.

I do agree that having it turn on when you open the cover is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Pilsner posted:

Really. I wonder if/when more people will begin using internet-based chat programs like WhatsApp, where you can spam messages for free (okay, $1 per year). I'd use it more with friends, but I'm too cheap to pay for mobile data, and so are some of the people I talk to. The only good thing about SMS is that it works without an internet connection.

WhatsApp is already bigger than SMS in message volume. In some lower-income countries, you can get data plans that only give you access to WhatsApp for a buck or two a month.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

On the portable Sony Discman subject, they had some ridiculous options in the interface. Like programmable track order which seems pretty pointless looking back.