Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Glottis posted:

I loved my Creative Zen but I'm going to be really sad when all my Zunes die. They are the best MP3 players I've ever used and I've yet to feel like it's the same experience playing music on a phone.

If it's because of the IU and you have an Android there's a music player modeled after it called UberMusic that you should try:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uberdroidstudio.ubermusic&hl=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VelveetaAvenger posted:

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=12746
I've played this thing before. You stick your head in the helmet, but there's a second screen for people to watch on. I think it was a pretty popular machine, and there were always lots of spectators because you looked pretty dumb spinning around.

This reminds me of this thing they had in the mall near me. It wasn't in the arcade but just out in the main area where the kiosks would sit. You stepped up onto this round platform thing and they gave you a helmet that looked like that thing plus a couple of handheld "guns". One controlled your movement and the other was your gun. The point was to play against other people or the computer in a gladiator style battle. There was also a dragon or pterodactyl that flew around that was impossible to hit but apparently if you did you got a load of points or free game or something.

Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

edit: The Plague was playing one in Hackers; or one that looked like it anyway.

Joey Freshwater has a new favorite as of 17:25 on Sep 5, 2012

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

If it was one of the VR games I recall, it was called Dactyl Nightmare.

Yeah that's it. drat, that was a hell of a flashback

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Neito posted:

This is probably a bit of a crossover with the "TV Episodes that didn't age well" thread, but remember when there was a huge plot point in an episode of Friends that Chandler and dinosaur divorce guy lost all the disposable cameras at a wedding, like it was just this assumed cultural touchpoint that they'd be there?

I went to two weddings last year that had disposable cameras on the table. I know the one that was at my table had several (not mine) dick pics on it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Krispy Wafer posted:

So you're the one who took the dick pics, but you didn't pose in them.

....is that not what the best man's job is?