Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

leidend posted:

"ewwww granite countertops, that's a deal breaker."

Not sure where you are so can't comment too much but granite tops have been more than a little passe for a least 10 years now. You're looking for Corian and reconstituted stones in modern kitchens, through to solid timbers for more traditional country bumpkin ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Last Chance posted:

Wow, I had no idea that obsolete tech like manual transmissions were still in heavy use around the world. Love this thread.

Ask anyone who enjoys driving and at least 90% of them will prefer a manual transmission. My current car is auto and while it's easier in the city where most of my driving is I do miss having a manual transmission, there is a lot more feel and control there. A lot of autos have a manual shift these days however it's just not the same. If the technology was up to it when I bought this car I would've gone with a DSG but I just don't have the money to replace a gearbox if it fails. However give it 5 years and dual clutch transmissions will likely render both Autos and Manuals obsolete.