Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Terrible Robot posted:

Was this the crash where he told police that a German man named Dieter had been driving and had run away after the crash? My friend and I still make jokes about that, but I never bothered to find out what the full story was.

I have a friend who still to this day constantly curses Dieter for pretty much anything not favorable.

DIEEEETERRRRRRRR! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

This motherfucker right here was AMAZING. Those corners are a real bouncy rubber too. You could install RockBox and do all sorts of snazzy poo poo with it.

Edit : Also, it ran on AA batteries.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Boxman posted:

If you can win one of these battles, you get to reap the rewards for ages in licensing fees. Think about how much money a company Apple makes licensing its 30 pin/lightning connector. For media storage, odd formats also nominally help prevent piracy. Did anyone ever pirate GameCube games? How would that even work?

If you had Phantasy Star Online and a Network Adapter you could set up some sort of server to "stream" an iso to the system. Got bored one day and tried it out. It worked, but not well.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

torjus posted:

As far as I know replacements for the plastic surrounding the discs were manufactured so you could swap out the stock one and fit standard DVDs in the GameCube.

or, you could drop the cash for the sweet Panasonic Q Gamecube.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

WebDog posted:

Awesome Soviet X-Ray Record Factoids

I want to sincerely thank you for this loving amazing post. Showed that to my wife, who is a high school history teacher, and she's very excited to work that stuff in to one of her world history classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

SHAM BAM BAMINA posted:

I wouldn't say that something that only exists as an archive is "alive and kicking".

well, the Dole/Kemp one is at least.