Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kpenguin
Sep 3, 2011

King Penguin
User Name: kpenguin
Group: Somewhat, couple core/reliable players, looking for a few more reliable players.

What are you willing to play? I own/play a lot of board games, but willing to learn D&D 5E or PF 2nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Username: shwinnebego
Contact Info: Discord shwinnebego#3102
Do you have a group now? Nope.

What are you willing to play? I have never played a TTRPG as an adult and I sure would like to. I'm down for most things, I think I'm slightly more interested in settings that aren't classic D&D/fantasy stuff/generally aren't self serious

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

User Name - Nehru the Damaja
Contact - PM me here or discord it's shoe #0844
Location - Denver, CO, US
Do you have a group now? Not for what I'm looking for.
What are you willing to play? Please give me something that isn't D&D, man. I'm dying out here. (Local games please. Not looking for remote at the moment. Vaxed and masked where necessary.)

Actually, open to remote now, too. I gotta play somethin. Mountain Standard Time, available Sunday through Thursday in evenings.

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
User Name: Non Krampus Mentis
Contact Info: PM
City/State/Country: Washington DC/metro area/remote games ok too
Do you have a group now? Yes, but I’d like to join/form another!
What are you willing to play? I really enjoy DMing (though admittedly I need to learn how to run combat better and could use some pointers), and am currently writing outlines for two Ars Magica 5e adventure/saga arcs. Yes, it’s sort of a fiddly system at times, but the potential to mess with history and roll around in the weird lore of the Middle Ages is fascinating to me. I also love DnD 5e and would be happy to DM or play; other games I’ve played include Ten Candles, Bluebeard’s Bride, Pugmire, Brinkwood, and Oh Dang Bigfoot Stole My Car With My Friend’s Birthday Present Inside. Virtual sessions work better for me but if folks are masked and vaxed I’d love to try out an in-person group again.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
User Name KaiserSchnitzel
Contact Info Forum PM
City/State/Country West Palm Beach, FL
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I haven't played TT in like 30 years, but want to get back into it for an online group video & audio. I just got books for 5E, but I'll gladly get books for Pathfinder/Pathfinder 2E. I'm roughly familiar with both games but my experience is with AD&D 1E. Looking for an adult group & for a group that doesn't take itself too seriously but does have regular games - weekly, biweekly preferred. More "grimdark" than - well; just more "grimdark." Can do Roll20 or any other online platform needed.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
5 year update.

User Name: koreban
Contact Info - PM here or koreban.regime@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Salem/Keizer, Oregon
Do You Have A Group Now? -No.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? - I'd like to get a regular D&D5e game. I also have books for Pathfinder, PF2E, 13th Age and I'd be interested in learning other systems.

I also have models for Warhammer 40k, Age of Sigmar, Dropzone Commander, WarmaHordes, SW:Legion, Battletech, and am willing to look at other games.

I’m also interested in collab groups for game/campaign development, or group miniature painting sessions.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

User Name: Verisimilidude
Contact Info - message me on Discord buttcheeksio#2062
City/State/Country - NJ/NYC (EST)
Do You Have A Group Now? Yes, and I'm looking for players!

Hey everyone, I am looking for players for my bi-weekly D&D 4e game on Fridays from 7PM - 10PM EST. My group has recently finished Keep on the Shadowfell, the first in the Orcus series of modules for 4e. We are currently level 4. We play on Foundry and via voice chat over Discord. The tone of the game is relatively lighthearted; I would say medium roleplaying, medium-high combat, high exploration and investigation.

I am looking for two players to join us, giving us a 5 player group. New players are welcome! Please feel free to reach out to me on Discord.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gejnor posted:

We are currently 3 euro goons on discord looking for more people!
We are once again 3 euro goons on discord looking for more people!

Hit us up at https://discord.gg/45j9MVy7, right now we're playing a casual game of D&D 4E, Keep on the Borderlands, but we're open for other systems and ideas.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I am starting up an Old School Essentials group in Austin that meets on demand on the weekends. We are welcoming all players of all experience levels and commitments and have a public spot to play at. Send me a DM or find me on Discord as fax 9863 if you’re interested in all that!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Username: Elendil004
Contact info: Discord is easiest, Elendil004#1776
City/State/Country: Southeast MA, USA
Details: I am in a few online games, and just looking for some new groups to do stuff with. I'd love to play but can also run Delta Green, Godlike, The One Ring, Aliens, Twilight 2k, Blades in the Dark, Starforged, FFG's Star Wars (one of my all-time favorites), Coyote and Crow. In person would be great but its a blasted hellscape up here so new online stuff is cool too.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

My Lovely Horse posted:

We are once again 3 euro goons on discord looking for more people!

Hit us up at https://discord.gg/45j9MVy7, right now we're playing a casual game of D&D 4E, Keep on the Borderlands, but we're open for other systems and ideas.

Are you still looking for people?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

jarlywarly posted:

Are you still looking for people?
We are! Have a new link, that one will have expired: https://discord.gg/E79BXRSY

We've had a bit of trouble getting off the ground but we're gearing up to continue with the 4E game next week, for now on Tuesdays at 7pm UK time. But stop by and drop us a line even if that's not optimal!

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
Username: Bored Online
Contact info: PM or Discord xpy #2790
City/State/Country: San Jose, CA (SF Bay Area - South Bay)
Details: I started painting Warhammer a few months back, and I am getting to the point where I would like to spectate and/or play some newbie games. I have a vanguard box of Fyreslayers ready, and waiting on an order to bring it to 1000pts. I am also working on 1000pts of imperial fists, and will eventually get to painting the Horus Heresy box. I would say AoS and HH are what I am most interested in. If there are any groups in the south bay area, I am generally flexible on weekday evenings, and usually have a weekend evening open for hobby as well. Thank you!

e: I am also interested in general hang out and hobby for miniatures.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Username: Dexo
Contact info: PM or Discord Dexcellence#3927
City/State/Country: Springfield Illinois
Details: Looking for Online, or In person I guess if any of you unfortunate souls are in Central Illinois. Of PF2E, Lancer, 5E, a or some PBtA games.

I'm pretty much down for anything.

qwewq
Aug 16, 2017
User Name - qwewq
Contact Info - PM or discord qwewq#1577
City/State/Country - Chicago, IL
Do you have a group now: No
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)?

Looking primarily online, pf2e or 5E familiar, but open to other stuff if a spot is available. I've gm'd some pf2e, up for that if we had enough to start a fresh group.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

My Lovely Horse posted:

We are! Have a new link, that one will have expired: https://discord.gg/E79BXRSY

We've had a bit of trouble getting off the ground but we're gearing up to continue with the 4E game next week, for now on Tuesdays at 7pm UK time. But stop by and drop us a line even if that's not optimal!

I'm looking for a 5E game in this timezone, but kinda curious: Any particular reason for 4E?

edit:

User Name - champagne posting
Contact Info - Forums PM or discord at boiledwater#3888
City/State/Country - Denmark, looking to play online via discord or similar in a nearby timezone
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Looking to play some D&D 5E

champagne posting fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jul 21, 2022

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018

Mummy Napkin fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 17, 2024

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

My Lovely Horse posted:

Heyo, I'm a UKgoon looking for some kind of RP experience - and I actually really liked 4E! Also desperate to play Lancer with cool people in an EU timezone if anyone's looking for another player. Can I have a fresh link?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

occluded posted:

Heyo, I'm a UKgoon looking for some kind of RP experience - and I actually really liked 4E! Also desperate to play Lancer with cool people in an EU timezone if anyone's looking for another player. Can I have a fresh link?
Right now the 4E game is full, I'm sad to say. But feel free to drop in for a chat anyway! You'll at least meet another Lancer enthusiast. https://discord.gg/VMT5BkPe

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
User Name - JT Jag

Contact Info - SA PM

City/State/Country - Jacksonville, FL

Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? - No

What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? - I have a decent amount of experience in D&D 5.0, have played a couple games of Rogue Trader/Dark Heresy, am familiar with Shadowrun's and World of Darkness' mechanics and setting and am slightly less familiar with the mechanics and setting of Exalted.

I doubt there's an entire group of goons in NE Florida looking for an in person game though I'd certainly consider it. An online weekly game would work for me---- Sundays and Mondays are my best times, or Tuesday-Friday after 10PM EST. Not entirely against play by post for the right game, but I prefer sessions.

Gothic Rite
Dec 22, 2020

The visions of the elders were oracular, though in their terror they kenned not what they saw. When I triumph in this new combat, this unseen and still place beyond reason and closed eyes, what wonders of knowledge will be my plunder?
User Name: Gothic Rite (Queer Gen-Xer, He/They)
Contact Info: SA PM; Discord: Gothic Rite#6242; @gmail: Gothic.Rite

Group Now?: Starting to play in a Mutants and Masterminds game, still need a slot or two filled. (Wednesdays live @ 7:00 ET)

Willing to Play?: Also looking for other groups to join. Chronicles 2E stan, would like to check out more PbtA. Can do D&D/Pathfinder if the setting is interesting (Ravnica/Strixhaven). Live play Tue/Thurs evenings or Sundays preferred.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
User Name - SeductiveReasoning
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - San Diego, CA (Clairemont).
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Yes, 3 plus the DM. Looking for at least 2 more.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)?. Old-School Essentials

This is not a game I’m running but one I’m joining this Sunday, so can’t really vouch for anything other than DM seems chill enough and we’re going to play classic modules. Two players (a couple) recently dropped so we’d like to get the party back to 5. So, just wanted to drop this here in case anyone was in the area and wanted to play.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
User Name - LiterallyAnything
Contact Info - Forum PM or LiterallyAnything#1327 on Discord
City/State/Country - Denver, Colorado (but I'd prefer remote sessions)
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? - Anything. Hoping to find a D&D group or a group for tabletop games like Gloomhaven, Terraforming Mars, Nemesis, Dead of Winter, etc (I own copies of all of those; Gloomhaven has just been collecting dust). But really I'd love to get into pretty much anything.

LiterallyAnything fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 1, 2022

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

User Name - NieR Occomata
Contact Info - Forum PM/ NieRdrick Occmar#7195 on discord
City/State/Country - Los Angeles, CA
Do you have a group now - No.
What are you willing to play - I’m looking for a local, regular in-person meetup group to play 5E. I’m vaxxed and also a newbie to 5E and TTRPGs in general, but I’m eager to learn and really want to give this a sincere, committed shot.

lordlimpet
Apr 9, 2005
that one in the corner
Fun Shoe
User Name - lordlimpet
Contact Info - Forum PM or Limpet#9298 on Discord
City/State/Country - Sydney/Canberra Australia (but I'm looking for remote sessions)
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? - I've been DM'ing 5e D&D for beginner groups at a local game store in Canberra but am starting a new job that will have me between Canberra (where I live) and Sydney (where I will work) on an ad-hoc basis so can't commit to in-person games and so looking for a group to play with online.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student
User Name - weso12
Contact Info - By discord weso12#9499 works, PMs also work
City/State/Country - San Francisco Bay Area (Concord CA)
Do you have a group now - No.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I kind of want to try something weird but I'm willing to play anything. I have a base knowledge of D&D 3.5, 4e, 5e, GURPs (yes really), and am I willing to learn anything

I kind of want to try in person but online is fine too since in person is a logicalistcal nightmare.

EDIT: I have a found a group for now and not interested in another one right now

weso12 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 2, 2023

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
User Name: Ham Equity
Contact Info - PM me.
City/State/Country - Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
Do you have a group now - No
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? What I really want to play is Lancer (I haven't played before, but I'm an experienced TTRPG player). Willing to do an online game weekday evenings West Coast time, Sundays, or every-other-Saturday.

Edit: in case it's not clear, also more than happy (in fact, preferred) to play in an in-person game.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 28, 2022

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
User Name: CitizenKeen
Contact Info: PM me.
City/State/Country: Beaverton, Oregon, USA
Do you have a group now: Not relevant
What's the Deal: Most of my best board game buddies are all on the east side of the Willamette. I'm looking to put together a cohort of board game buddies on the west side. Meet up at tap rooms in Beaverton/Tigard/Hillsboro. No schedule, no commitments. I'd just like a list of 4-6 cool people who would show up some of the time (and would be reasonably reliable if they said they would come).
Games: Any board game is awesome, but on my personal short list (to give a sense of BGG complexity) - Kemet/Inis/Cyclades, Spirit Island, Keyflower, Concordia, Ark Nova, Dune, Nidavellir, John Company, etc. I've got Stationfall and MIND MGMT showing up soon, would love to play that.

Just looking to drive less to drink a beer and play good games. Happy to join an inclusive table, or do the legwork to put one together.

As this is board games and not an RPG campaign, if you read this six months from now, please reach out.

CitizenKeen fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 27, 2022

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Username: James Woods
Contact info: PM
City/State/Country: San Francisco CA
Details: I DM an in person D&D 5e game Thursday nights at 6pm at a bar in Haight Ashbury. I work there so we get a private room overlooking the bar and a lot of cheap drinks. We're currently half way through The Wild Beyond the Witchlight. Players are currently lvl. 5. Our current group is an even mix of experienced and first time players and at present we have an equal amount of M/F players. It's a fun goofy game. I've been DMing for thirty years and this is one of the most fun groups I've ever played with. We currently have two seats open. Our next session is January 12th and we'll be playing weekly after that. If you're interested you can come to either observe or play an NPC for a session to see if it's for you.

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks
User Name: BrownClown
Contact Info: PM me.
City/State/Country: Paris, France (a long shot, I know)
Do you have a group now: Nope, moved to Paris recently, and getting settled
What are you willing to play: I'd like to play in-person. I have experience with D&D and enjoy board games so I'm fairly open. I also wouldn't mind trying other role playing games

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
User name: MJP
Contact info: forum PM
City/state/country: near Newark, NJ (willing to drive to northern/central NJ within reason)
Do you have a group now: yes, but I'm going independent on this one for the moment
Willing to play: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO D&D OR PATHFINDER. I'm not a fan of swords and sorcery. Been playing 5e by default since it's all my local group really wants to do. Hit me with some of those modern, cyberpunk, or near-future settings. Urban fantasy is cool. I'd love to try the GI Joe RPG or anything d20-based; got lots of dice to flex and roll. Not a fan of miniatures or wargaming; did my time in X-wing and Armada. I love a good theatrical, character-driven campaign. Doesn't have to be combat-heavy but combat is always fun. I like Fate, Spirit of '77, and I played a ton of Old World of Darkness back in the day. I'd do a WoD thing but only if it's not full of pretentious goth jerks - regular goth jerks are fine, just please God don't put me in a party full of Torries and Ventrue again.

I'd do Star Wars or Star Trek, or I'd love to try a mud-and-lasers thing if it's not all wargamey.

Weeknights are best after 6:30-7ish. I'm vaxxed and boosted and would like to play in-person if I can; cafes or bars or diners are fine. If we go to people's houses I'll bring food.

All I ask is if there's a couple or polycule gaming in the group, please don't break up and end the campaign, let others play your characters if need be. LOOKING IN YOUR DIRECTION, BRIAN.

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

Username: The Spookmaster
Contact Info: Email: tylervtassone@gmail.com
Steam:
Discord: ° Uncleo °#6589
Do you have a group now? Not IRL.

What are you willing to play? I've played a good bit of dnd so that's what I'm most familiar with but I've either played one shots or listened to live plays of Shadowrun, WOD, The Knight of the Old Republic, P2e, Delta Green, Coyote and Crow. So I'm interested in those as well.

Available most every weeknight after 5pm cst.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
User Name - King of Solomon
Contact Info - PM or discord at Solomon#6035
City/State/Country - Minneapolis, MN
Do you have a group now? Not relevant
What are you willing to play? I really want to play Lancer. I'm also interested in playing Pathfinder 2E, Shadow of the Demon Lord, or trying out D&D 4E. I'm also open to play almost anything, but those are my primary interests right now.

I'm generally free weeknights and most of the weekend. I am unavailable Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday evening.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 22, 2023

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022

JT Jag posted:

User Name - JT Jag

Contact Info - SA PM

City/State/Country - Jacksonville, FL

What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? - I have a decent amount of experience in D&D 5.0, have played a couple games of Rogue Trader/Dark Heresy, am familiar with Shadowrun's and World of Darkness' mechanics and setting and am slightly less familiar with the mechanics and setting of Exalted.

I doubt there's an entire group of goons in NE Florida looking for an in person game though I'd certainly consider it. An online weekly game would work for me---- Sundays and Mondays are my best times, or Tuesday-Friday after 10PM EST. Not entirely against play by post for the right game, but I prefer sessions.

jacksonville goon here. do you have any interest in playing GURPS?

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
User Name - SaintCelestine
Contact - severine.ck@gmail.com, or discord @ camador#8014
Location - Sea/Tac, WA
Current Group? No
Day/Time - Weeknight evenings, weekends
What are you playing? Board games, I just picked up ISS Vanguard. Battletech and casual wh40k.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

LurchinTard posted:

jacksonville goon here. do you have any interest in playing GURPS?
Only just saw this, lol. I'd PM you but you don't seem to have it. I'm not super familiar with it, but I could potentially learn.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
User Name - Stabbey_the_Clown
Contact Info - Forum PM, or Discord (Stabbey#6583) (I only check that intermittently)
City/State/Country - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (Kanata)
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No. I could do online play as well.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? 5e or the One DnD playtest are the systems I have a general grasp on. I have vague familiarity with DnD 3.5e. Anything else I'd have to learn from scratch.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 30, 2023

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
User Name - Wanderer
Contact Info - I have DMs on here. You can also reach me via Discord at tvswanderer.
City/State/Country - Bellevue, Washington, USA
Do you have a group now? I do.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? -- Hey, goons. I've got a game I'm running on Thursday nights via Discord voice chat at 7 PST/10 EST. It's D&D 5e so I can learn the system, in a relatively low-stakes campaign setting of my own. The characters are currently 4th-level. I've got room for 2 new players.

Games usually run a couple of hours, and go no later than 10 PM PST; ideally they stop earlier than that.

nomadotto
Oct 25, 2010

Body of a Penguin
Soul of a Hero
Mind of a Lazy, Easily Distracted, Waste of Space

User Name - nomadotto
Contact Info - Forum PM or Discord (nomadotto)
City/State/Country - Portland, OR, USA
Do you have a group now / what are you willing to play I'm hosting a board game design meetup quarterly (next event, October 8th) at Guardian Games from 1pm-5pm . If you have a prototype you'd like to test, reach out and I'll get you a sign up link. If you want to test other folks' prototypes, just show up!

nomadotto fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Username - Violet_sky
Contact info - forum PM or discord (violetsky)
City/State/Country - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (could do online play as well)
Do you have a group/what are you willing to play - I'm a complete beginner but am willing to try D&D or Vampire the Masquerade.