Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veth
May 13, 2002
Homeless Pariah
Contact Info - PM or veth9000 at gmail
City/State/Country - South Seattle, WA
Do you have a group now? - No.
What are you willing to play? - I'd prefer to play/run 4E D&D or Shadowrun, but am open to other stuff, as long as someone else runs it.
Availability - Weekends preferred. Weekday evenings other than Wednesdays are possible depending on where we're playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chessic
Oct 10, 2012
User Name - Chessic

Contact Info - PM or email chessic at hotmail.

City/State/Country - Springfield, MO

Do you have a group? No group. I have a few contacts if more people are needed. My group of 12 years is over and I'm hoping to find another long-term group.

What are you willing to play? I'm primarily looking for DnD 1st-3.5 edition, or old school Gamma World, Boot Hill, Top Secret, etc. But I don't mind playing newer systems as well.

John Kenpon
Jul 2, 2011
User Name - John Kenpon
Contact Info - john.kenpon at gmail.com
City/State/Country San Diego, California, United States. (Encinitas, specifically.)
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? I don't have a play-group right now.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I'm looking for a group for any fantasy RPG or playing Magic: The Gathering (drafting or one-on-one play; I hate multiplayer). I have a cube and I'm thinking about getting a Space: The Convergence or Aintrazi Cube printed.

I am available Fridays, Saturday evenings and Sunday.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Please tell me I'm not the only Wisconsin RPG goon. I feel so alone.

User Name: RickVoid
Contact Info: rickvoid 6 2 7 at yahoo dot com
City/State/Country: Green Bay, WI, USA
Do you have a group now?: No. I've tried the local hobby shops but the CatPissMan presence is strong. :(
What are you willing to play: God, anything. Personally I've got D&D 3.5 and 4, D20 Modern, and Paranoia. I'm big into 40K and would love to try Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader. I've got a fair collection of boardgames (DOOM, Arkham Horror, Zombies!!!, etc). I've played Mafia before and I love diceless games (Everybody is John, anyone?).
Hell, I'd even give LARPing a go, at this point. (And my Wife has expressed an interest in this as well, so there's that.)

I'm available weekends and most days after 7pm central time.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Hahaha, everyone is so far from everyone it makes me laugh.

User Name - Cassa
Contact Info - I have Platinum or *username*61@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Northside of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Currently got a group of 4-5 who meet once a month,.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Keen to try anything, D&D4E has been our go to RPG for the year we've been doing this and so I'm desperate to not be in a generic fantasy realm. Also we've been doing the boardgame thing a fair bit too. Personally I've got but haven't played: Deathwatch/Dark Heresy/Black Crusade, Last Stand, Nights Black Agents, Call of Cthulhu D20, Dinosaurs in Space!, Gamma World, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying. Happy to run or play in these or other games.

Also play a fair bit at the local hobby shop The Dice Spot which has boardgames Thursday nights, Warhammer 40k/Fantasy on the weekends and Magic all the time.

Broand
Oct 13, 2011
User Name - Broand
Contact Info - phatman@live.ie
City/State/Country - Kildare, Ireland
Do you have a group now - Nope
What are you willing to play - Anything really if it isn't FATAL. I've been wanting to play Paranoia forever though.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!

UberChair posted:

Contact Info: changeroftheways at gmail
City/State/Country: San Diego, California, USA
Do I Have A Group Now? Yes, but meetings are irregular. Looking for another one.
What Am I Willing To Play? DnD4E/Pathfinder are the ones I'm most familiar with, but I'm willing to learn anything. I've got an interest in the 40k RPGs out there as well.

Re-upping this. Had a goon contact me for a SR4E group, had a blast but time constraints and distance/gas cost led to me ultimately having to drop (mainly distance/gas).

Just figured I'd try again now that classes are slightly less insane and hope for someone closer. For reference, I live in Rancho Penasquitos, near Poway.

I'll also mention that I've been looking at 13th Age for a while and I find interesting so add that to the list of systems.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
User Name: signalnoise
Contact Info: signoise@gmail.com
City/State/Country: Lilburn, GA, USA (eastside Atlanta)
Do you have a group now?: No
What are you willing to play: Board games, wargames, whatever. I'll buy into a new game if I have to, but would prefer Warmachine or some other (relatively) low cost game.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

User Name: Tekopo
City/State/Country: London, UK
Do you have a group now?: Yes
What are you willing to play: My group is a public meetup group but I'm looking for someone to play wargaming board games with since the person I used to play them with moved out. Things I play are No Retreat, any CDG, block games (Napoleon's triumph etc), but I'm trying to get into hex and counter games as well.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

USERNAME: HereticMIND
CONTACT INFORMATION: PM, hauptmannfrost@gmail.com
CITY/STATE/COUNTRY: Columbia, MD, USA
DO YOU HAVE A GROUP NOW? No, but I am searching for one
WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO PLAY? Any of the FFG 40k RPG books, D&D 4e/4.5e, board games, MTG; looking to get into L5R, Call of Cthulhu
ANYTHING ELSE? Don't have a car of my own, but I can definitely help pay for snacks and stuff in return; also, I'm currently job-hunting, so my schedule is almost always clear.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

User Name (because you're too lazy to look slightly to the left of this sentence) - Ezzer
Contact Info - Forums PM works
City/State/Country - Dallas/Fort Worth area
Do you have a group now - Nada
What are you willing to play - No preference. I'm not that familiar with many RPG systems (but am definitely willing to learn), but I did play a bit of DnD (3.5e) a few years back.

Ezzer fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 10, 2012

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind
User Name - Argali
Contact Info - Email me at quirkjames at gmail
City/State/Country - I live near Princeton, NJ. Willing to head out to stuff in Philly.
Do you have a group now - No. Looking to play, since I'm almost always DM.
What are you willing to play - I'd say anything other than 4E. I've played mostly D&D and some Warhammer Fantasy, which sucked.
Availability - Weekends.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
User Name - Safety Factor
Contact Info - PMs are the easiest way to get in contact with me.
City/State/Country - Houston, TX
Group - No
What are you willing to play - I've been playing 40k on and off since 3rd edition and I'm looking to get back into it at a casual level instead of just reading about it on the internet and now that I have more money than sense. Think beerhammer, basically. I have Dark Angels and Tyranids and I'm somewhat familiar with 6th edition, but haven't played more than a couple of games. I am also interested in Warhammer Fantasy (Lizardmen) and pretty much any boardgame or wargame. Not big into RPGs though.
Availability - Availability will really depend on my work schedule. It is supposed to be 30 on/30 off, but can be pretty variable. Give me some notice and I can let you know if I can make it. Alternatively, I can let you know when I'm in town.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
User Name - Unzealous
Contact Info - PM or unzealous@gmail.com
Location - Tacoma, WA
Willing to Play - Anything really, if I don't know it already I'm willing to learn it
Availability - Mainly evenings, weekends or weekdays.

Ballpoint Penguin
Feb 12, 2004

Awakening the survivor from his frozen bacta prison, he learned a Deathstar had destroyed Dagobah long ago. He took it well, I guess.
User Name - Ballpoint Penguin
Contact Info - PM or ballpoint.penguin42@gmail.com
Location - Corvallis, OR (I'm willing to drive as far as Salem or Eugene)
Willing to Play - Pathfinder, FATE, 13th Age, Cyberpunk, In Nomine, Star Wars, Iron Kingdoms, Warmachine/Hordes
Do you have a group now?: Nope
Availability - Nights and Evenings mostly, any weekday including Friday. I'd be looking for a weekly game, and I'd be willing to play or run any of the games listed above.

Ballpoint Penguin fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 5, 2013

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

User Name - hcenvirons
Contact Info - PM, or hcenvirons at google's chat program
City/State/Country - Allentown, PA, occasionally get out to the Philadelphia area

Do you have a group now? Nope my friends are all musicians who have actual skill based activities
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Pretty much anything that doesn't involve spending hundreds on plastic mans

Availability: Early afternoons, weekends. I have a weirdass second shift schedule.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
User Name - Saint Darwin
Contact Info - PM, std@divinitatus.com
City/State/Country - Silver Spring, MD

Do you have a group now? Sort of. I have some friends who play MTG. They only know 3rd/Revised rules and freak out at newer rules. They insist on such things as mana burn, damage is on the stack, and by god Wall of Shadow absorbs every single point of damage that would Trample over and I'm just being a dick by saying that it doesn't work that way.

What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? MTG please play Magic with me. I prefer Pauper so a person or people who are into that format would be outstanding. I don't know of any real card stores around here.

I'm also into playing any other kind of non-collectable card game. I want to try them all.

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 7, 2012

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
User Name: piL
Contact Info: I have PM!
Group: Not really, though I do have a friend or two who might be interested, depending on the details.
What are you willing to play: That friend and I both desperately want to play Shadowrun. Iron Kingdoms would be amazing too. But I'm mostly into just getting into an RPG group of some sort, one that I'm not running (I haven't gotten to be a player for a while). A side effect of my employment as a server is that my only regularly available evenings are Sundays and Wednesdays.

piL fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 12, 2012

Bad WolfZxc
Jul 28, 2009
User Name - Bad Wolfzxc
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Wernersville, Pa. Hour or so outside philly. Would drive.
Do you have a group now: Nothing.
What are you willing to play: I haven't played. I like the idea of it and I would like to give it a try. I'm very interested in playing whatever. So being new I'm sure to ask questions but I'd pick it up quickly.

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007
User Name - Nightwatcher
Contact Info - dasangrygerman(at)hotmail.com
City/State/Country - Los Angeles (Studio City) California
Do you have a group now: Yes, there are 3 of us
What are you willing to play: Mostly play Ehite Eolf (VTM) or Shadowrun but we are pretty flexible as far as system goes. Looking for a few more people to play in a longer running game. Had a lot of problems with flaky players and no shows.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

I can't seem to PM either of you from my phone, but the Philly goons have this meetup going.

http://www.meetup.com/Philadelphia-Traditional-Games-Group/

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Nightwatcher posted:

User Name - Nightwatcher
What are you willing to play: Mostly play Ehite Eolf (VTM) or Shadowrun but we are pretty flexible as far as system goes. Looking for a few more people to play in a longer running game. Had a lot of problems with flaky players and no shows.

Shot you an email.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

BrainParasite posted:

I can't seem to PM either of you from my phone, but the Philly goons have this meetup going.

Awesome! Are there any weekend meetups? Weekday nights are a no-go for me.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Contact Info - pm, artlessmeat at gmail or artlessmeat on synirc
City/State/Country - Woodbridge va (Would travel to wherever in nova pretty much)
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have?) Currently my girlfriend and maybe one other goon
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Pretty much whatever. I have very little experience with table top RPGs and what not, and would like to change that. I also have a ton of warhams, but haven't played in years.

Artless Meat fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 30, 2012

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Contact info- pm, Arrrthritis at gmail or Arrrthritis on Skype
City/State/Country- Minneapolis/MN (USA baby)
Do you have a group now- Nope.
What are you willing to play- Dungeon World, 4th edition D&D, WFRP, Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Deathwatch.

I'm down for some weekend gaming.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

hcenvirons posted:

Awesome! Are there any weekend meetups? Weekday nights are a no-go for me.

We've had one indie RPG Saturday. I'm trying to schedule another one. The group allows anyone to schedule events ATM so you could try to get some people together. I'll put together a bigger post when I'm not on my phone.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
jjjj

angel opportunity fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 8, 2015

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

User Name - WINNERSH TRIANGLE

Contact Info - PMs are fine; you can also reach me at london.nwod@live.com.

Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Currently putting together a group with a friend on another forum; so far we have 4 interested parties and an ST, but it'd be good to look for more to ensure that we can keep a constant group size.

What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? We're currently looking at something in the nWoD - we're currently open to suggestions about what line would be best to play, but current guesses suggest that there's a lot of interest in Mage, Hunter, and Promethean.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Philadelphia Traditional Game Group

The group is composed of goons, Drexel physics students, and random internet strangers. Nobody weird or stinky has showed up yet! We currently have a regular Thursday board game night and intermittent indie RPG Saturday afternoon. These days were set way back and maybe aren't optimal anymore. The meetup group is open to let people schedule events.

Edit: Oh yeah, a lot of the people in the group don't live in the city, but the people who live in the city mostly don't have cars. That's something to keep in mind.

BrainParasite fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Dec 21, 2012

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Hey that's awesome! Do the non city people have a place to get together separate outside the city? I live a little over an hour away but that doubles if I'm going to be sitting on 95.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

moths posted:

Hey that's awesome! Do the non city people have a place to get together separate outside the city? I live a little over an hour away but that doubles if I'm going to be sitting on 95.

I have space in King of Prussia. You could see if anybody else wants to host. Some of the guys from the last Indie RPG were out in South Jersey I think.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
User Name: DeathSandwich

Location: Hutchinson KS (Can travel to Wichita or Salina or anywhere in between )

Do you have a group now: No, I'm looking to start a new group or join an existing one.

What I'm willing to play: WoD (I just got M:tA and really want to try it), Paranoia, WH40k RPs (Dark heresy, Rogue trader ect). I would like to try WH40k but I don't have an army built so would have to use a loaner army, this area seems kind of dead on anyone playing 40k. I would rather avoid D&D as I want to something different than what I've only ever been able to play with local dudes.

I work a pretty constant 8-5 mon-fri job. If the game is local in town I can play any night of the week. If I'm traveling to Salina or Wichita to play, I'd rather keep it to Friday, Saturday, or Sundays to get the most of my play time.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

Nightwatcher posted:

User Name - Nightwatcher

Threw you an email.

Should've probably added it when I made the post.

User Name - HellishWhiskers
Contact Info - PM's, maxolius@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Lakewood, CA
Do you have a group now: Not quite - the group I play with does exclusively tabletop stuff, and I would love to move over into RPGs but don't know any people who are interested in that.
What are you willing to play: Very much interested in White Wolf and 40k stuff (particularly Black Crusade and Only War), but fairly open to pretty much everything.

HellishWhiskers fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 27, 2012

Bionic
May 6, 2007

I beg to remain, Sir, your most humble and obedient servant, A Ridiculous Beard.
User Name: Bionic

Do you have a group now: No, I'm looking to start a new group or join an existing one.

What I'm willing to play: Just bought the Star Wars Edge of the Empire Beginner Set and beta rulebook, hoping to try them out with 2-4 others. Board game-wise, I really enjoy Space Alert, Libertalia, Game of Thrones Board Game, The Resistance, Flash Duel, Puzzle Strike, X-Wing Miniatures Game, and PitchCar.

Sears Poncho
Oct 8, 2011
Contact Info - PM or sasearsponcho@gmail.com

City/State/Country - Syracuse, NY. Don't mind a little traveling.

Do you have a group now - sort of, but not consistently. I'm hoping to find a once a week type thing. I'm good for most nights except wednesday.

What are you willing to play - DUNGEON WORLD. Willing to do most anything else really, but that is easily my first choice. Some other stuff I'm particularly keen on - Fiasco, Microscope, Mouseguard, 2e, 4e, Shadowrun, Paranoia. I'll try anything though, and I'm more concerned about who I'm playing with than what I'm playing. But seriously, Dungeon World. I also enjoy board games.

Sears Poncho fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 27, 2012

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Contact Info - PM

City/State/Country - Minneapolis, MN, I'll travel about 30 minutes

Do you have a group now - not really, just a number of card shops I play at.

What are you willing to play - I really like board games and TCGs. I'm huge into Magic, but also am interested in both Lord of the Rings TCG and the new Star Wars TCG. I've always been a little interested in RPGs and might consider playing one, but haven't really done it since high school.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Gross Dude posted:

Contact Info - PM

City/State/Country - Minneapolis, MN, I'll travel about 30 minutes

Do you have a group now - not really, just a number of card shops I play at.

What are you willing to play - I really like board games and TCGs. I'm huge into Magic, but also am interested in both Lord of the Rings TCG and the new Star Wars TCG. I've always been a little interested in RPGs and might consider playing one, but haven't really done it since high school.

I'm in Bloomington, so fairly close to you, and looking for someone to play board games/TCGs with, but I don't have PM's. You can email me at freemarketcommunist at gmail though. Also, I've exchanged a few emails with Arrrthritis from a couple posts up and we were looking for some more people for an RPG group if you'd be interested in that.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

blackmongoose posted:

I'm in Bloomington, so fairly close to you, and looking for someone to play board games/TCGs with, but I don't have PM's. You can email me at freemarketcommunist at gmail though. Also, I've exchanged a few emails with Arrrthritis from a couple posts up and we were looking for some more people for an RPG group if you'd be interested in that.

I just wrote to you (so, might be in your Spam filter) and Gross Dude (via PM). If you two and Arrrthritis haven't already filled your own group, I'd love to meet up, just to see if it would be a good fit.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Contact Info - danhurt AT gmail
City/State/Country - San Diego, CA (Mira Mesa)
Do you have a group now - No, but it is the wife and I who are looking for a few others to play regularly with.
What are you willing to play - Boardgames. I have some experience in L5R and Magic, but Netrunner and Dominion scratch that itch. No real interest in RPGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Wobbuffet! Wobbuffet!! WHERE!?
Contact Info - PM or brian.register AT gmail

City/State - Portland, OR

Do you have a group now? - Yes, though most of them are very irregular. Also, we are VERY casual about it. We generally always play at my house since I have the room and the games. Drinking is always involved.

What are you willing to play? - Pretty much only boardgames. A couple of us are open to the idea of a light RPG, though the irregularity of each individual may be a problem.
Some of the games we have: Space Alert, Galaxy Trucker, Twilight Imperium, Dungeon Lords, Netrunner, Carcassone, Dune, A Game of Thrones board game, The Resistance, Doctor Who card game, plus a lot more.