Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allmightybob
Jun 22, 2004

I'm not saying that I'm Batman. I'm just saying that... Oh, wait, yes I am. Yes, I'm Batman.
Contact Info - Forum PM, or tmq332 at gmail
City/State/Country - Newark, NJ, but willing to travel to NYC or Philly
Do you have a group now? Nope, looking to hook up with one
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Preferred: D&D 3ed, Shadowrun, Star Wars, GURPS, WOD; I can GM if needed, but would prefer to be a player
Will settle for: Pretty much anything else as long as it doesn't involve buying tons of miniatures or dice.

Availability: Saturday nights and Sundays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008
Contact Info - revtobiaz AT gmail DOT com
City/State/Country - Asheville, North Carolina
Do you have a group now? No
What are you willing to play? I want to get a small group of guys together to play a variety of indie/small-press games. I'm thinking games like Dungeon World and The One Ring, but the idea would be that we'd cycle out games and GM's every month or so. I'm also interested in playing more board games.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

User Name - Portals
Contact Info - Forum PMs or redportalblue AT gmail
City/State/Country - UC Riverside, CA. I haven't got a car so I can only meet up on or near campus.
Do you have a group now - No
What are you willing to play - Pretty much anything! I'm looking to broaden my tabletop gaming horizons. I've played a bit of Pathfinder and 4E D&D with previous groups.
Availability - Weekends.

Portals fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 11, 2013

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Contact Info - punpundit at gmail

City/State/Country - Trondheim, Norway

Do you have a group now? Yes. We're looking for up to 3 players.

What are you willing to play? Old World of Darkness Werewolf. Pretty much as soon as the kickstarted Old World of Darkness Werewolf book arrives (in a couple of weeks), we're going to run a campaign, and are looking to fill out our group. We will play in English. Beginners welcome.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
User Name - Xenoletum
Contact Info - I have Plat, so PM me here.
City/State/Country - New Jersey/Philadelphia Metro Area
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No group, but could possibly have up to 3 others interested.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I'm pretty much reserved to the 3.5 or 4th Edition of D&D, but I could possibly get into playing Pathfinder or doing some playtesting of D&DNext if anyone would be interested.

I know that Redcap's Corner does Pathfinder nights on Wednesdays, but I'm not sure if they'd be good people to play with.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
User Name - Kaddish
Contact Info - PM or jwjann @ gmail.com
City/State - South Bend/Mishawaka/Michiana, Indiana
Do you have a group now? - Not really. My wife will play sometimes and I have one friend that will play as well.
What are you willing to play? - Any boardgame really. Not really into the tradtional pen and paper RPG any more but I would be willing to try it. I'm currently into Mage Knight and LoTR Card Game.

I'm really looking for a few chill people to drink some beers and play some games with.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 7, 2013

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

User Name - Otisburg
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Madison, WI (US)
Do you have a group now? Yes, but I could use 1 or 2 more, or even a second.
What are you willing to play? D&D4 is my jam, but I'm down for anything. With D&D I enjoy running, but it would be nice to get to play. I'd like to try out the new FFG Star Wars game as a player. I enjoy Call of Cthulhu/Delta Green a great deal, and would love to get into a regular game of something Mythos-y. On the board game front, I like Dominion, BSG, Robo Rally, bunches more. Pretty much any fiddly thing that takes as long to set up as it does to play.

DeepSpaceBeans
Nov 2, 2005

Let's build us a happy, little cloud that floats around the sky.
User Name - Deepspacebeans
Contact Info - PM or Deepspacebeans at gmail
City/State/Country - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Do you have a group now? Nope
What are you willing to play? Up for pretty much anything (RPGs, Board games, card games). In terms of RPGs, not a big 3.5 or pathfinder fan, but I'd play with the right group.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 4, 2016

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
User Name: Froghammer (I've also been known to go online as Serflak and Oprah Windfury, so if you know me as that, hello)
Contact Info: PM me or best.dp.ever@gmail.com
City/State/Country: Philadelphia
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need?: I am not currently in any sort of group.
What are you willing to play?: Anything! Someone in grognards.txt (I think it was Facts Are Useless) pointed out that breadth rather than depth is what makes for a good gamer, so I'm willing to play pretty much anything under the sun. 4e has been my game of choice for a some time now, and while I've sworn off running 3.X or it's derivatives ever again I'm not entirely averse towards playing it. FATE and Dungeon World both look interesting as well.

Milkman Conspiracy
Jan 29, 2009
User Name: Milkman Conspiracy
Contact Info: matts.ufl (at) gmail
City/State/Country: Austin, TX
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need?: No group as of now
What are you willing to play? Board games (especially Dominion, but interested in learning about others) or card games

Milkman Conspiracy fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 20, 2013

KiloVictorDongs
Apr 12, 2007
SOME PIG
Username: KiloVictorDongs
Contact Info: PM me or kilovictordongs at gmailcom
City/state/country: Atlanta, GA
Group?: Not really. I've been playing in a 3.5 campaign for the past couple of years, and it's approaching it's end quickly. My guess would be that the group is going to disband afterwards, as half of them are planning to play in another campaign with a different group.
What are you willing to play?: Pretty much anything. I think my ideal would be to have a group doing shorter (~ 6 months) campaigns in a variety of different systems, coming back to popular settings/systems as the members dictate. That said, I'm down for longer campaigns, one shots, or board games. I just like sitting around a table with friends, food, and getting up to imaginary shenanigans :unsmith:.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
User Name - Samfucius
Contact Info - PM's or samfucius@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Eugene, OR (Campus Area)
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? I have some friends who play very occasionally.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I am kind of new, and I want to try basically everything. I am admittedly much more of a board/card game person (I don't have a Magic deck, fyi) Preferably things that can be completed in a single night, though, as my time commitments fluctuate. I am particularly interested in trying out Space Alert.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Froghammer posted:

User Name: Froghammer (I've also been known to go online as Serflak and Oprah Windfury, so if you know me as that, hello)
Contact Info: PM me or best.dp.ever@gmail.com
City/State/Country: Philadelphia
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need?: I am not currently in any sort of group.
What are you willing to play?: Anything! Someone in grognards.txt (I think it was Facts Are Useless) pointed out that breadth rather than depth is what makes for a good gamer, so I'm willing to play pretty much anything under the sun. 4e has been my game of choice for a some time now, and while I've sworn off running 3.X or it's derivatives ever again I'm not entirely averse towards playing it. FATE and Dungeon World both look interesting as well.

Good enough reason to repost this:
http://www.meetup.com/Philadelphia-Traditional-Games-Group/

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

User Name - Lord Frisk
Contact Info - rfrisk(at)gmail Put "SA TG" or something similar in the subject line.
City/State/Country - UP Michigan. Seriously, the whole half of the state. Also Greater Lansing Area come August
Do you have a group now? No, not in the UP. I have a few willing players though. I have a decent but interchangeable group in the Lansing Area
What are you willing to play? RPG - D&D 4e, 3.5, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase Card Games - Munchkin, MtG Board Games - Arkham Horror, anything. I'm willing to learn any new system, as well as travel a pretty decent distance provided we get 4+ hours of game time. I will also learn board games and card games (I love new systems, only listed those I'm familiar with enough to GM) provided it doesn't require a large money input from me. I also run some games when I'm in Lansing and I can wrangle a group.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

User Name - Idiot Syncratic
Contact Info - excusemesiriamfromthefuture at gmail dot com
City/State/Country - Madison, WI
Do you have a group now? I do, but I'm looking to meet new players and play more frequently.
What are you willing to play? RPG-wise, I'm a big fan of 4th ed DnD and Burning Wheel, and I have a lot of 3rd ed/Pathfinder experience. I'm willing to try anything once, although I'd particularly love to give nWoD a try. Boardgame-wise, I love Dominion and BSG, and any co-op boardgames (Pandemic, Arkham Horror).

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
Idiot - sending you an email - we do regular Friday Board game nights (if you can brave journey to Middleton, which I know seems like outer Mongolia for some central Madison types).

Sobriquet
Jan 15, 2003

we're on an ice cream safari!
Turning this into the "Madisonian Gamers Seeking Madisonian Gamers" thread...
User Name - Sobriquet
Contact Info - a dot ganders3 at gmail dot com
City/State/Country - Madison, WI
Do you have a group now? Not really - I play board games sporadically with some friends/coworkers from time to time.
What are you willing to play? I am interested in getting into a D&D campaign. I guess 4e? I played a *very tiny* amount of D&D in college (~4 or 5 years ago). I am looking for a group to show me the ropes where I won't be judged for making mistakes or improper role-playing. I'm up for whatever, but I think (at least to start) I'd prefer more game and less role-play, if that makes sense.

Edit: I have my own dice, but that's it.

Sobriquet fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 24, 2013

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

User Name LLSix
Contact Info PMs, I also hang out in #ohgod and #dom3goons in IRC
City/State/Country Lawrence or Kansas City (KC) Kansas (I tend to bounce between the two cities on a daily basis)
Do you have a group now Just me
What are you willing to play? Not D&D. I've played D&D for years and I'd prefer something with more roleplaying.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
User Name: Yawgmoth
Contact Info: PMs, I'm also intermittently on IRC in #L5R (gamesurge) and #pokegoons (synirc).
City/State/Country: Minneapolis, MN
Do you have a group now? Not yet, I'm currently in the process of moving here.
What are you willing to play? nWoD Mage/Changeling/Vampire, L5R 4th, Legends of the Wulin, and I suppose D&D 3.5 if nothing else. I also would love to find some people to play some casual magic with (actual casual, not EDH or "this deck is banned in legacy so I can only play it in casual" BS).

Matte Black
Sep 5, 2006
some guy
User Name - Matte Black
Contact Info - jjmontreuil at gmail dot com.
City/State/Country - Spokane, WA
Do you have a group now? My old group is tentatively talking about starting up again, but we're short-handed, so it'd be nice to bring in another regular or two. I'd also be happy to play in a new group independent of the others.
What are you willing to play? I'm most familiar with 3.5 D&D and other D20 variants, though I haven't played much Pathfinder. 4E is fine too. Willing to give any system a try, though. Board games would be awesome as well.

Matte Black fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 28, 2013

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Clanpot Shake posted:

I have very little time these days, but why not?

Contact Info - I idle in #acolyte and #septemberprocession on SynIRC.
City - Baltimore City, MD
Games - WH40k RPG, FATE, D&D4e, BSG, something I haven't heard of.
Do you have a game right now?: Yes. I'm playing in a weekly DH game near Midtown, CCC accessible. We're looking for more players. We play on Wednesday or Thursday nights, depending on the week.

Updated my post, quoting it here.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
^^^ me too!

P.d0t posted:

User Name - P.d0t

Contact Info - email: ninethreefive@hotmail.com (put SA TG or something similar in the subject line)

City/State/Country - Calgary (CGY, #YYC), Alberta (AB), Canada (CA)

Do you have a group now? - If you are looking for a group in Calgary, then yes, so feel free to hit me up and I will see about getting you into one of them. Currently am in a group that runs GURPS and PF, another that does 3.5 D&D, and a third that does 4e plus potentially any horrible poo poo you could imagine (Hackmaster, Rolemaster, Aces & Eights, Shadowrun, WoD, etc.) Email me for more details
EDIT: I have a pretty awesome 4e D&D group running now, but I am looking for additional players and venues in the north end of town; we have a couple guys from Airdrie, so I would like to reduce travel time for them, and split the campaign into 2 parties based on RL geography.

What are you willing to play? 4e D&D.
Would also be up for trying 13th Age, Sacred BBQ, Dungeon World, Gamma World, WHFRP but have no materials or experience with 'em.
I also own a shitload of Axis & Allies games, some of which I haven't even played.

Context
Sep 11, 2006
User Name - Context
Contact Info - Forum PMs or sforzando87 at gmail
City/State/Country - Cary, NC (or anywhere in the triangle really)
Do you have a group now? Just me and my boyfriend (:gay:) but I'm a little more into this stuff than him so who knows
What are you willing to play? Literally any board game, but I got Space Alert recently and it's still unplayed due to lack of people. I got Mage Knight too and am completely loving it. Also it would be fun to build an Android: Netrunner deck and have someone to play it against. I have a healthy little collection of other games too.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Context posted:

User Name - Context
Do you have a group now? Just me and my boyfriend (:gay:) but I'm a little more into this stuff than him so who knows
What are you willing to play? Literally any board game, but I got Space Alert recently and it's still unplayed due to lack of people. I got Mage Knight too and am completely loving it. Also it would be fun to build an Android: Netrunner deck and have someone to play it against. I have a healthy little collection of other games too.

Sent you an email.

RustedChainsaw
Mar 13, 2006
Liberal Arts Program/Lightly Toasted Whole Grain Oat Cereal
Contact Info

City/State/Country

RustedChainsaw fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 1, 2015

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Context posted:

User Name - Context

If you're in the Triangle area, I'd recommend this store for looking to meet people. Abraham, the guy that usually runs the desk is pretty cool and the staff in general have always been a good group of people. I know they have scheduled events regularly on their meetup site. I haven't been able to go for awhile myself because of work, but its been a good time when I have.

http://www.gametheorystore.com/

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
User Name - Balon
Contact Info - Double_o_Balon at Hotmail since I don't have PMs
City/State/Country - Toronto, ON (willing to travel, currently go to Burlington to play with people)
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? I play very infrequently with friends but I'm looking for a once-a-week playgroup
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I'd really like to play 4E D&D, as I'm currently DMing one as the only person with experience among the group. I also have Dominion Core + An Expansion if we're looking for the occasional "other game" to play too.

e: Unfortunately my wife and I are in an apartment here and I wouldn't be able to host, but I'm willing to travel!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mao posted:

If you're in the Triangle area, I'd recommend this store for looking to meet people. Abraham, the guy that usually runs the desk is pretty cool and the staff in general have always been a good group of people. I know they have scheduled events regularly on their meetup site. I haven't been able to go for awhile myself because of work, but its been a good time when I have.

http://www.gametheorystore.com/

Nice! I live in Wilmington and might drop by this place the next weekend i am up there. Is it hard at all to get a pickup game of 40k there?

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Icon Of Sin posted:

Nice! I live in Wilmington and might drop by this place the next weekend i am up there. Is it hard at all to get a pickup game of 40k there?

There's almost no Warhammer presence there, or at least none that I've seen. Warmachine is what's big there, and to a lesser extent Malifaux. For 40k, you're best bet in Raleigh is likely Endless Gaming off Hillsborough St, across from Meredith College.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

There is some 40k there on occasion, but by far the favored minis game is some form of WarmaHordes.

My advice to you would be to check out their 'Meetup' page to get a schedule on whats going on. According to it, Sunday seems to be the day for 40k. Though at the moment they only have one person signed up on Meetup. I often see a game or two being played, but its not nearly as popular there as I have seen at other locations, nor have I seen them do any of the big GW events.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
User Name - Captain Walker
Contact Info - PMs; pika132@gmail.com; Skype (dead_paragon)
City/State/Country - Thousand Oaks/northern LA County, CA, USA
Do you have a group right now? I'm not running anything, no. But I'm playing a Roll20 game and way the gently caress too many PbPs on these very forums. I literally cannot stop myself from applying.
What are you willing to play? I was introduced to D&D through the version that was most video-gamey, and as such I am of the opinion that 4e is pretty much the greatest tactical combat sim ever. I'd play pretty much anything but when it comes down to it, I prefer more rules and tighter conflict resolution, with the onus on the player to provide strong RP.
Special notes - I want to run D&D. Still trying to nail down people for a Sunday game but if I can get two or three goons I might have enough people. If you are only in this thread for board games, please contact me anyway. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

Matte Black posted:

User Name - Matte Black
Contact Info - jjmontreuil at gmail dot com.
City/State/Country - Spokane, WA
Do you have a group now? My old group is tentatively talking about starting up again, but we're short-handed, so it'd be nice to bring in another regular or two. I'd also be happy to play in a new group independent of the others.
What are you willing to play? I'm most familiar with 3.5 D&D and other D20 variants, though I haven't played much Pathfinder. 4E is fine too. Willing to give any system a try, though. Board games would be awesome as well.

I never actually expected this thread to pay off for a place like Spokane, but I shot you an email!

kenhito
May 7, 2007
User Name - Kenhito
Contact Info - Forum PM as well as my username at gmail. I also use G+.
City/State/Country - Nashville, TN, USA
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Yes - 2 LARP groups with between 5 and 12 players (details below)and we're looking for as many players as we can grab.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? We currently have two WoD/MET LARPs running - Vampire: The Requiem and a nWoD conversion of Werewolf: The Apocalypse. The Werewolf game is the smaller of the two and basically we're taking the fluff from Apocalypse and added nWoD mechanics to it. The ST for the Werewolf game is currently converting the cWoD gifts and such over to nWoD mechanics and we use cards to resolve checks as opposed to RPS. Requiem is pretty much Requiem. We also have a board game night on Wednesday nights at the same location we have the LARPs.

Websites for the games: Music City Frenzy for Werewolf and Nashville Unveiled for Vampire and the email address for the ST staff for the games are listed.

More Details: Games are on alternating Saturdays and the schedules are posted on the sites. Our games are not part of Mind's Eye Society, One World By Night, The Garou Nation or any other org so if you have an org character you want to bring over you'll need to work with the STs to get them brought in and you won't get any MES transferable XP or other perks. Both games have a strong core group of players and are stable - the Werewolf game is nearly 2 years old and Vampire is about to hit its first anniversary. At this point we are looking to ramp up the numbers for both games. I'm a founding member of both games so if you have any questions please feel free to hit me up.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
User Name - attackmole
Contact Info - PM's or attackmole(at)gmail.com
City/State/Country - Waterloo, Canada

I'm a UW student looking to play some board games. I know there's board games on campus Tuesday night but I got a class conflict with that. My collection is non-existant other than a copy of Twilight Struggle, but I'm looking to expand if I actually find some people to play with on a semi-regular basis. I know Just By Chance has an open night on Sunday's that I've love to hit up sometime, and I'd love to get involved with a group and make some friends.

I'm also down to booster draft Magic but I don't really have any decks other than an EDH one that's not on this side of the country.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Username: mcswizzle

Name: Justin

Group: No

Games: D&D 3.5e primarily. I have most of the printed books for 3.5e as well as PDF’s for pretty much every tabletop RPG prior to D&D 4e came out including campaign settings. I also have been getting into the more recreational games like Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride.

I just moved across the country for my job and I’m looking to hopefully get a game night set up. I’d prefer D&D 3.5e but I’m flexible. Oswego is about 40 minutes north of Syracuse NY and an hour east of Rochester NY.

The email is the best way to contact me.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Name: Adam

Location: Stoke-on-Trent, England (but might be moving at some point soon)

Group: Nope

Looking to play: Whatever. I'm interested in old-school swords and sorcery, but I'm a complete newcomer to this and would be willing to give almost anything a go.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
User Name - SlipkPie
Contact Info - rickrowe8 (at) gmail
Location - Cincinnati, OH. I also spend a lot of time up in the Dayton area
Group - Sort of. Just a few friends up in Dayton that I play boardgames with. Anyone would be welcome to join. Though, I suppose I am more so looking for people closer to my area.
Games - Pretty much any boardgame. I am semi-open to RPGs, though I am not very into D&D and more into story games like Fiasco. I own a fair-sized shitload of eurogames, abstracts, card games, and the like.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
User Name - JesusIsTehCool
Contact Info - PMs or MattZarro@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 (south west of LA)
Do you have a group right now? I play Warhammer 40k pretty frequently with a group of friends, and am trying to start a gaming club in the area (read below)
What are you willing to play? I am open to most games if you are willing to teach me to play. I play 40k and am willing to teach people to play that. I have DMed a fair amount of 4e D&D and played some other RPGs like it. I am also down to try out new board games.
Special notes - Some of my friends and I are hosting a Warhammer 40k game night to try and find more local players to game with. The event will be on Saturday March 2nd at my local church (no religious stuff and all are welcome; it’s just the place where I can rent a room for free) from 5:00PM till midnight. We will have two tables set up with homemade terrain (built by yours truly).

The goal of the evening is to meet new people, play few games of 40k, and see if there is any interest in starting a gaming club in the area. If your new to the hobby or haven’t started playing yet I will be bring both my Necrons and Dark Angles armies and would be happy to share and introduce you to the game. If you are not interested in playing 40k but are interested in other games it might we worth while just to pop in and see whats up. I know that most of us play lots of different types of games.

Like I said all are welcome regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion however some behaviors are not welcome. Firstly no recreational drugs or alcohol are allowed (sorry beer-hammer folks). Secondly language must be kept friendly, this means no cursing or offensive language (human being, gay, bitch, retard, ect.). Lastly, this should go without saying, be respectful of other people and be a good sport about gaming. If you want to come please follow these rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
Name- Ograbme
Contact- PM or ogarbme ate gmail. (Note the different spelling)
Location- Riverside, CA
Games- I'm a total novice trying to get into the hobby. I've played a bit of 3.5-4 D&D and a board game or two.