Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StickyNavels
Apr 3, 2009
I hit thrift-stores and other second-hand places a lot more often than the libraries. Carrying off a gym bag filled to the brim with books for next to nothing in money is nice, but it's the unexpectedness that's the major appeal: Next to ten identical copies of some Keyes novel you'll find a collection of Russian poems from the '70's, or chance upon a technical introcution to leather-working buried beneath a bunch of The Phantom comics... My bookshelves grow strange and lovely.

That said - here in Malmö I have access to a nice assortment of libraries should the need arise. I'm heading to the city library today to pick up a copy of Color and Light. Some libraries will order books that aren't stocked.

Out current government's done a lot of haphazard cutting to expenditure in all things culture, but at least they've yet to implement the "library fee" they were serving up a couple of years back...

StickyNavels fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread