Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Last video, we became a Pro Rider, and we unlocked the Pro 2 challenge on every level. We've been through seven levels by this point. That's seven challenges, all of which get you two more stat points. I think we need to go back and complete them all.

Pro 2 Challenges (Levels 1-7)
Raw footage length: 23:58
Footage used: 17:18
Percent used: 72.2%

Overall, these weren't too bad. The footage cut out includes the loading and stuff I removed, but there were a few failed attempts. Especially on the Slopestyle level, it feels like that one is harder than it should be. It feels like you have to miss a couple, like HAVE TO miss one trick to make sure you complete the ones before and after. Otherwise, you extend beyond your reach and miss two tricks, which you wouldn't be able to afford. This is where you need to understand how to get higher multipliers or work the trick points for all they're worth. When I played the game, I tried to throw a bunch of different tweaks into a single jump because I thought that got me more points. In the sequel, it's preferred to do one grab in a jump. Maybe that's the same case in the first game and I was really making things harder on myself. In that case, well, poo poo, maybe that should be something the player is told. Maybe the Pro 3 challenges wouldn't have been so bad.

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 8: Pro Challenges (Levels 1-7)

Text Link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Croccers posted:

I just remembered that the devs that made the Amped series also made all of the Links golf games.

Golf is dad game, not extreme, this ain't no place for dads.

Snow Summit 2:
Raw footage length: 20:59
Footage used: 13:50
Percent used: 65.9%

Snow Summit 2 is actually where the game gets a bit easier, at least in my recordings. We have the Pro Rider equipment that boost all our stats, and we have gone back and done enough Pro 2 challenges to bump up the stats that matter (IE all but speed). The cuts in the footage length were mainly from me trying to get a good high score run to show off the big point opportunities, and maybe there were a few restarts along the way. Ultimately, though, nothing was too bad.

Snow Summit is probably my favorite area, though. It gives you good jumps, as well as long rails, while Stratton and Altibahn shift heavily in one direction or the other. We have stopped caring about Brighton until the Pro 3 video.

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 9: Snow Summit 2

Text Link

Insetik fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 5, 2015

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Croccers posted:

:colbert:
Play this game next.

Deeeeyum. Well, maybe I'll grab the Xbox one. Though, all I see when I look at that cover is this game:

Alright, on this episode, we go back to Stratton and play the full thing with a new guest, Gokipwn. This level is not that fun, let's put it that way. Maybe I'm taking a bad route down the mountain, but aside from the one big point opportunity, there is not enough here to get you enough points to pass the highest of the point requirements. Also, the Pro challenges are long, tedious, and can screw you right at the end. The sponsor challenges are alright, though. Again, even if you get a mild response, it will fill, like, a whole section of your Amped bar. But you'll see how long Stratton took me right below this.

Level 9: Stratton 2
Raw footage length: 38:28
Footage used: 16:34
Percent used: 43.1%

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 10: Stratton 2

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Croccers posted:

It doesn't help that for the most part the trick scores are pretty inconsistent too. Small scores on large jumps, large scores on small jumps, small scores on a small rail then a midding score on another large jump.

Getting any pro trick on a rail is basically a free pass. It's only going to get worse on the levels which are all big jumps. Case in point: Altibahn. The high score challenge was easier than Stratton, and the sponsors were just as easy, but the Pro challenges can really hurt if you don't get good jumps. A jump that can get you 70,000 points can just as easily get you only, like, 30,000.

Level 10: Altibahn 2
Raw footage length: 16:54
Footage used: 14:14
Percent used: 84.2 %

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 11: Altibahn 2

Test Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Today, we go to the last competition level. We hit a ton of points off one big combo, steamroll through the sponsor challenge, then get completely hosed by the Pro challenges. How many times have I written variations of that exact line?

Well, at least the levels are over. We have passed them all. On the other hand, passing this level unlocks all the Pro 3 challenges across the levels. We're about to have a lot of fun.

Level 11: Nixon Jibfest
Raw footage length: 13:05
Footage used: 9:01
Percent used: 68.9 %
(I can guarantee the cut footage was all from failing the Pro 2 challenge)

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 12: Nixon Jibfest

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Overall, the Pro 3 challenges were a complete gauntlet of pain that relied on the inconsistent, invisible landing bonuses. Jump after jump would get me a thousand extra points one time and ten thousand the next. Other jumps would be far too soon after the previous one to bust anything out, expect you to do a perfect jump onto a rail or such, or be in a halfpipe and be subject to halfpipe physics. It's not pretty, but it is now available for you all to see. Aside from a bonus video, this is the last vid for Amped 1.

Pro 3 Challenges:
Raw footage length: 1:32:00
Footage used: 24:48
Percent used: 27.0 %

I wasted over an hour trying and failing, over and over again.

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 13: Pro 3 Challenges

Text Link

In that video, I summarized what I felt about Amped 1. It was a fairly standard game with standard mechanics implemented and displayed poorly. You had flips, spins, grabs and grinds, but the bonus points you needed to get were hard to reach and impossible to see before you landed. The score challenges weren't too bad, though the later levels felt like success was more based around finding one or two big opportunities rather than getting good points throughout your run. The sponsor challenges had an odd moment where the sponsors became stone cold for a few levels in the middle of the game, but before and after that, if you did what they liked, they liked it a lot.

The Pro challenges are an interesting idea but bring out the worst parts of the game, mainly the hidden landing bonuses. However, I have to praise the game for its incredible leniency, allowing three full misses per run before it failed you. The sequel limits you to two (as in, three strikes you're out) and if that were the case, this Pro 3 vid might not have been done.

What do you guys think about Amped? If you haven't played the series, do you agree with my assessment? Did you notice anything I did not? If you played the sequel but not this one, like some people have, do you see what I mentioned? And do you feel they did a better job the second time around?

Well, I will have a bonus video showing some of the extras off coming up, but after that, I have no choice but to dive headfirst into Amped 2. And it is a different beast. A very, very different beast.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
And finally, a bonus video to cap off Amped 1. In this one, we load up a few cheats and have a little bit of fun breaking the game over our knee. Not literally, of course (though that is an option).

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Bonus: Chilling With Steezy

Text Link

I'm going to look at the rest of the games I have or could do, because I'm feeling like this thread is getting old. I'm just worried that I might not have enough LEFT at this point to warrant starting a new thread up. But if I did so, it would get me quite a bit more room in the first posts, plus maybe it might attract some more people. I don't know, I'll keep thinking about it. Amped 2 will start Monday or Tuesday, depending on how much I can get recorded by then.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

SelenicMartian posted:

You beat all the pros until they gave you their boards. Amped is over!

Is there anything to unlock by getting the rank to #1?

From what I've heard, you get, like, a board that gives you full stats on everything or something like that. I don't think that would be enough to warrant finding all those snowmen. I'd rather MOVE ON TO THE NEXT GAME!

A Double-shot of getting Amped: Let's Play Amped 2

What is this game?
Amped 2 is a snowboarding game, developed exclusively for the original Xbox. Create a character and run down several mountains, aiming to get high scores, do level-specific gaps/tricks, and compete a bunch of recurring challenges. It features a more realistic style of gameplay than other snowboarding games, and does ask you to maintain a higher level of skill than some other games might.

The game is centered around its style system, where tricking slower than normal gets you bonus points for your trick. You may do spin/flip styles, grab tweak styles, or rail tweak styles. All of these boost the points you can get from a trick, but add a fair deal of risk to them. If you quit spinning, or spin faster to land your trick, you start losing the style. You gotta be smooth, baby, no matter the circumstances.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how good is the game?
Amped 2 is a well-regarded game in the eyes of many older Xbox fanboys, and, coming off of playing the first game right before this, I can see a lot of good things this game does. It tightens everything up and adds a layer of...flow, really, to the entire thing. While just riding around, it feels smooth and enjoyable.

However, when the game asks anything of you to work with precision, it becomes a hot mess. The Photoshoot challenges, where you must follow a narrow path while meeting a score requirement, feel unplaytested or feel like they were beaten once and given the green light. The Pro challenges are made harder, where you can only miss 2 tricks before you fail, along with...another restriction, as we'll see. There was at least one moment per level where I stopped having fun, and some of the later challenges were absolute torture. I can not say I liked doing this LP.

But I have recorded everything, so I made it through it, and maybe other people had no problems with these issues of the game. Still, expect to see a lot of failures and a lot of attempting something over and over. That is why I am giving the game two scores.

Rating of game from gameplay in high score/Sponsor challenges: 8 out of 10.
Rating of game from gameplay in Photoshoot/Pro challenges: 3 out of 10.

Amped 2 is a very mixed bag, and also one some of you have probably played. I want to know what you think. Also, the "footage length vs episode length" thing might return, but not for a bit.

Amped 2 Part 1: Millicent 1

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Pengu! posted:

I agree with you completely. The snowboarding definitely feels tighter and more fun than in Amped 1, but the pro challenges and photos shoots drag the game down. I believe it was actually one of the photo shoots that made me put the game down, because they were so relentlessly difficult, and absolutely required to finish the game. As a fun fact, this was also the first game in ten or so years that made me throw my controller in frustration.

Let me guess, Millicent (night version) Photoshoot 3?

I remember that one challenge for taking literally over an hour and a half my first time through the level. And then the Pro line takes you to that same spot to do the same bullshit.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Well, we're going to keep cruising along in Amped 2, and it turns out I had enough things to still cover that it took up most of this second video. So once you get out of the first level, relatively unscathed, it's time to head to Breckenridge. It's another nice, decent, fun slope that doesn't throw anything too tough at you, up until it suddenly does.

The PhotoShoot 3 challenge on this level is the first that will really sink in as "surprisingly terrible". On paper, it doesn't sound too bad: A small jump up to a tree branch, where you then jump to a fallen branch that takes you down a combo of grinds. However, the jump up to the first branch requires a near-perfect jump or a very awkward angling of your rider to hit, at which point any speed you had is gone. Then, the drop onto the next branch requires you to jump off to the side, which seems to provide a different flightpath at almost every pixel you jump from. Factor these both in, and you've got a challenge that might keep you stuck for longer than you'd want.

That type of thing happens with stuff in other levels, more frequently as you go through the game. For any challenge that meets the criteria, where I get stuck on it for far too long, I will have a separate video documenting my unedited attempts to pass it, no matter how long that takes, while we talk about the challenge and what exactly causes it to be so hard. These will be called Anatomy of a Challenge, and the first one is released here along with the main video.

It's sad, because Breckenridge is a great level up until the second and third Photoshoots. The Pro challenges don't even give me much trouble here. There are too many levels which are ruined right at the end by something that should definitely have been tweaked a little more.

Amped 2 Part 2: Breckenridge

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 2 Extra: Anatomy of a Challenge (Breckenridge)

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Glazius posted:

Absolutely no way to get more speed? Like, none at all? No acceleration, even?

They learned from the last game a little too hard, I think.

It really feels like one of the Good Idea Bad Idea segments.

Good Idea: Remove a useless stat and keep the range of speed constant, allowing you to build each level and challenge around the same sense of speed and having better control around the difficulty of a jump or challenge.

Bad Idea: Overestimate that speed and create many challenges involving (now) very difficult jumps from the very beginning.

I've subscribed to the "someone beat it once, so it's fair enough" type of thinking for how this game was created. You've seen the photoshoots, which are admittedly the worst of the worst when it comes to that regard, but now we're about to unlock the Pro challenges again, and those will provide their own sense of difficulty in due time. So now, let's get to the first event level and rank up in the world! We don't want to be riding for free tacos and I.O.U's only for much longer.

Also, we have a new guest who will join us for the next three videos. He's played Amped 2 and he likes it more than we do, so now you guys have someone on your side!

Amped 2 Part 3: Event 1

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Bear Mountain, overall, has probably the least fluctuation in difficulty across its two levels. It still varies some, but overall, I didn't have many real bad moments. Like, really, this level is just a nice one without many issues overall. It has fun lines and plenty of cool opportunities. And this video, with a guest commentator that has actually played the game and actually thinks better of it, we really should sit down and have a good discussion of the game where we can present our statements and get some responses to those. That's what we really *should* do.

Amped 2 Part 4: Bear Mtn. 1

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
So, there are going to be a lot of updates for this game. Well, 'a lot' means, like, fifteen or sixteen, but that's still quite a bit coming in every couple days. I think going forward, I'll wait to go through two levels and then put them both in one post. Like here, this will be levels 5 and 6, Mt. Hood and Laax 1, along with another Anatomy of a Challenge video.

For part 5, we finally get the discussion you may have been looking for before, and in part 6, we cruise down a Swiss slope to get to our room at a mental asylum.

Amped 2 Part 5: Mt. Hood

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 6: Laax 1

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 6 Extra: Anatomy of a Challenge

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

SelenicMartian posted:

With the character outfit in part 5 "The sponsor liked what he saw" takes on a whole new meaning.

They missed a big opportunity here by not letting me rock a speedo. drat, now I'm mad.

Speaking of getting mad, after we beat Event 2 and unlock the Pro 2 challenges, it's time to grind our face against a very sharp, spikey wall. You've seen the Pro challenges in the last few videos, but you only saw the first level of difficulty. The Pro 2's ramp that up, of course, and due to the 'refined' systems, feel like the Pro 3 challenges from the last game. And you guys all remember those, right?

Le'ts just say that I recorded over thirty minutes of footage to bring you a ten minute video. And about 12 minutes of that is featured in today's "Anatomy of a Challenge" video.

Amped 2 Part 7: Event 2 (Trigger BBQ)

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 8: Pro 2 Challenges (Levels 1-7)

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 8 Extra: Anatomy of a Challenge

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
We're hitting the second half of the game, so while the levels give you bigger jumps and longer lines, they also start filling up with bullshit more and more. Both levels today have an Anatomy of video, and the one for video 9 involves all three photoshoots, not just one of them.

Mt. Buller is the "city" level, somewhat. The right side of the level rides down the middle of Main Street, down rails and staircases and other man-made objects (not like most of these jumps are 'natural', per se, but still...). The left side features more of what we've seen before, as well as the area you just rode through in Event 2. It would also be the token "night level" if it weren't for Laax 1, but the time of day on Mt. Buller never changes.

Meanwhile, New Zealand is the exact opposite. It is the most open, most natural-looking level. Like Altibahn from Amped 1, it features large areas of untouched powder, dotted only with camping tents to show it had been explored before. It has some of the biggest jumps in the whole game, and is the place you want to visit if you like triple backflips or, like, 100,000 point tricks.

Amped 2 Part 9: Mt. Buller

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 9 Extra: Anatomy of a Challenge

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 10: New Zealand

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 10 Extra: Anatomy of a Challenge

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

SelenicMartian posted:

drat, New Zealand actually looks and feels different, like a Downhill Domination level.

Hmm. Downhill Domination wasn't really a game that came to mind when I thought about these levels, but it's a pretty good fit. Though, it is sort of comparing different sides of the coin, though - if Downhill Domination had rails and stuff all over to run into, I'd be getting pretty angry. It is nice, though, to take a small little break from these complex, branching-paths levels to focus on dropping off big cliffs. There's some of that in this next level as well, though it is not the focus of the video. Oh, no, not at all.

Let me tell you guys about Millicent.

The first time going through the game, I hit a couple brick walls. They all seemed to be on similar challenges, though they all took different amounts of time to get through. Millicent has a bad challenge. Millicent has a really bad challenge, with its Photoshoot 3. That challenge took me an HOUR AND A HALF to complete the first time through. An hour and a half of missing jumps, restarting, missing jumps, then restarting again. Trying to do anything differently, thinking maybe this time it would be the one. And when I finally beat the challenge, I just sort of...did. If that makes any sense. I didn't feel like I did anything different, just that the stars eventually aligned. The second time around, I get it in under ten minutes, but that first time around, it was the biggest waste of time I have felt so far playing the game.

Knowing that, let's get into the level! Also, the Event 3 video is after those but again, I just roll through the event no problem.

Amped 2 Part 11: Millicent

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 11 Extra: Anatomy of a Challenge

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 12: Event 3 (Nixon Jibfest)

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Glazius posted:

That was weird. Two halfpipes next to each other -- the right one is in-bounds, the left one is out-of-bounds?

Yeah man, come on. Wouldn't want you using that one, would we?

That's really the only time the level boundaries feel weird like that. I mean, by default, the Event levels are different than the full levels, but in the other cases, you are given the full boundaries of the sub-path you're on. This is the one time you're not, I guess.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Soooo I forgot to update last time. Well, now I guess you guys get a 3-level special to ride through the end of the game.

After the toil and turmoil of going back to Millicent, Bear Mountain is a nice break and a return to enjoyable challenges and lines that make sense. It is just a drat good level, where every Photoshoot and Pro challenge tests you in reasonable and interesting ways. One or two challenges still feel awkward, but none reach the heights of stopping any sense of progress.

And then we go back to Laax for the last main level, and it goes right back to being bullshit. This level features the second-worst challenge in the game, and some of the other Photo or Pro ones are no fun as well. The level is nice as a finale of busting as many points as you can, but holy hell did they not test certain parts of this. Well, that's par for the course, and that leads to the final Anatomy of a Challenge video.

Last, we have another Event to end the game on. Pretty simple stuff there.

Amped 2 Part 13: Bear Mountain

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 14: Laax

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 14 Extra: Anatomy of a Challenge

Text Link

Amped 2 Part 15: Event 4 (Plus #1 Rank Clip and Credits)

Text Link

After these videos, I'll have a bonus video and another riffing video, and I'll decide what to do with this thread. Looking over at my games list, I have about 15 games there I still need to do, but most of those are probably Let's NOT Plays and some of them drift a ways from the "extreme sports" formula. The thread is getting a bit long and inactive, and I don't want to drag it on for months more at the current pace. Maybe I'll start a second thread, but I'll need a big out-of-the-gate game to do that. Maybe an ATV Offroad Fury game or something like that?

Insetik fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 25, 2015

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
So blanktester got really mad at me for suggesting I close this thread.

What do you guys think about this? Maybe there are a bunch who follow every video posted here, and maybe the thread's just bloated. I could keep this thread going, or start a new one that would basically just be a fresher slate. Maybe this one's size is starting to weight it down. Like I said, I have a bunch of Ps2/Xbox games left with a few PS3/360 games I could cover as well, so it's not that I'm running out of stuff. Just yesterday, I loaded a game up expecting it to be a one-video thing and had enough fun that I'll record the whole game. So yeah, what do you guys think about continuing this thread/starting a new one/leaving and never coming back?

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

SelenicMartian posted:

You could finish this one and prepare a submission for the LP Archive. Not sure if each game individually or as a mega thread.

And while baldurk is sweating over that, start a new one where the OP is not completely bloated and unable to hold links to the rest of the thread.

Honestly, even if I could link to every video in that post, would you want me to? One thing I didn't think of until now is linking to the post that is the start of each game for each game. But man, there are so many games that if each one were archived separately, we'd have, like, 30 new games on the page. I'll have to think about it.

Croccers posted:

Are you ever going to do that run of SSX?

Maaaaaaan, if I do a legit good game, what will I follow it up with?

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Tajuh posted:

Just popping in to say I've been following the LPs for at least a year, and even if the challenges are bullshit I have enjoyed the thread.

Segue time!

This is super short notice, but I've been talking about going back through Amped 2 on stream, making my way through all those poo poo challenges once again, this time in real-time. Well, I'm going to do that tonight (Friday the 27th) starting around 5:30 Central time (soooo about 30 minutes from posting this). Like I said, short notice, but if you're interested, it will probably run a while. I won't be blitzing back through the game.

If you're interested, then my twitch page is http://www.twitch.tv/Insetik47.

EDIT: Done. And that's exactly why I'm not showing off any more of the Legend challenges. Because holy poo poo. Also, whoever recommended Links 2004, thanks man. blanktester and I had a lot of fun with it.

Insetik fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 28, 2015

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Daigerus posted:

But yeah, Amped 2 looks to be a good game, if not for the majority of badly designed challenges. Also, what's the point of getting all those rank ups if finishing the last event automatically puts you in 1st place anyway?

No prob, and thank you blanktester for sharing your Minecraft skin; it looks really awesome and faithful to the design. :allears:

You still needed to get to Rank 8 to unlock the last event. So you still had to do a good bit of the game. Maybe you could have swapped some Pro 3's out for some Photoshoot 3's if you wanted to. Or maybe you could have got all the gap and explore challenges and skipped a couple of the later challenges. There isn't a ton of wiggle room.

So today will be the last update for Amped 2, featuring a bonus video and the piping-hot return of my attempts at riffing on bad kids. After that, I might put in a one-shot or two, but otherwise I think it is time for a new thread. Things will continue the absolute same, meaning I'll be moving right on with some weird game with very odd physics. We might just keep on snowboarding for a bit longer, mainly so I can run through one more Xbox only game that has its own weird system of balancing difficulty, or I could present the game that BioEnchanted is talking about with me. So yeah, maybe next week a new thread will go up.

Amped 2 Bonus: Chilling With Shiny (Cheat Codes, Hidden Characters, and Strange Glitches)

Text Link

Amped 2 retsupurae

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Also, uhh, I made those posts without really checking my list of "games to still play", and when I finally did, I came up short...real short. I think blanktester and I are just going to run this game out of this thread then call it a good experience.

But hey, if it's last, you know it's gotta be good, right? What game could possible be kept back as a swan song to all the flippin', flyin', trickin' and racin' we've been doing for almost three years now? I think you guy know.

The most extreme memes you'll ever see: Let's Play Petz Dogz 2!

What is this game?
Petz Dogz 2 is a Wii/PS2 game 'pup'lished by Ubisoft featuring some extreme dogs doing extremely cute things. At least, that's what you'd expect.

I'm not making GBS threads you guys when I tell you there's a dramatic story in here. You play as [A DOG], whose family is (doing a really bad job at) guarding the magic hat, a hat that lets you...I dunno, have superpowers. Unfortunately, the magic hat falls into the EVIL HANDS PAWS of the wolf Ivlet, who straight up, like, causes an apocalypse that you have to fix. But along with that, there are multiplayer minigames, which of course is what blanktester and I really want to do.

10 out of 10.

Petz Dogz 2 Episode 1: Intro and Tutorials (Part 1 of ??????)

Text Link

So yeah we'll be pushing new stuff out SOON<

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Ah man, could close things out with that, could I? Well, here is one more one-shot for a game I picked up and tried because I was curious about it. I will be starting a full-length game next (maybe even running another one as well), but here is one video for a game that only needed one. I'm not calling this a Let's Not Play because this game is actually pretty fun, or at least fun to watch.

Cars are your enemy (and so are the pedestrians) in Smashing Drive!

What is this game?

Smashing Drive is an arcade game ported to the Xbox and Gamecube in 2002. In it, you are a taxi driver trying to make your way to the destination without running out of time. That's all you care about. No amount of ambulances, firetrucks or schoolbuses will stop you from getting those powerups and blazing your way through New York City. There are three sets of tracks, an Easy, Medium, and Hard set, and then a bonus set if you do well enough. I didn't do well enough. Ahh, who cares about that, though?

Also, the music that plays over the three sets is so weird, but is mostly covered up by our talking. That is what, in the videos, I have annotations to the music when I reach the next set. I strongly encourage you to listen along. Now, let's get to it and smash this town.

Smashing Drive: The Full Saga

Text Link

Alright, this will be the final update for this thread. Look out for the next thread going up Wednesday probably, with a new title and new flair. Probably with the same PS2 tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Alright, guys, head over to the second iteration of this thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712302

Insetik fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 8, 2015

• Locked thread