Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hm. I marked you down as done for some reason, HiKaizer. Turns out that it's because I wrote your review but didn't paste it in with the others. Naturally, I am infallible and therefore terrorists are to blame. Vote to continue the war forever.

HiKaizer's Confucius Says: Don't Wake Up!

This blurb is a little run-on and stilted. It gets the game's concepts across, but not entirely clearly or quickly. If we look at it as a customer in a store, it's not a blurb that hooks me quickly or that is entirely simple to read. There is also the bit on stealing into other people's dreams, which is a bit of a weird solution to the proposed problem that isn't really explained.
Ad Blurb score: 3

I am counting the "final document" as a plan of the modules in this instance, albeit not a very detailed one. Now the fortune cookie mechanic, that hooks me as a concept more than the blurb did! This is likely to involve some crazy fortune-cookie dream logic. Along with an overview of how play is expected to proceed, this is a fairly complete but undetailed outline that suffers a little bit from misplacement of the common comma.
Outline score: 4

Final score: 3+4 +1 Sportacus = 8. Confucius says, this game earned itself an elf bonus.

Hope the bonus was worth the wait.

e: There was also one last thing, now that I think of it. One blurb I left undone and could not remember why. But now I do!

A shameful display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
I've decided to start with a strong base for my system and do the Parcours du Combattant system in one fell swoop. As such, I have modeled out my "modules" as such:

Stage 1: Chapter 1, which is primarily an introduction to the game, creating a character, the philosophy of Parkour, and most importantly, the Parcours du Combattant system itself. That should be plenty to do for 10 August (only two days away!).

Module 2: Will cover Chapters 3, 4, and 5, the meat of the mechanics of the game: Exploration, Running, and Consequences. This will be the most difficult module, but I should be able to get it together for 17 August.

Section 3: Plays cleanup with Chapter 2 (Setting fluff), 6 (Player Turn/Downtime), and 7 (GM Advice and creating missions). I also hope to include a short sample mission, for playtesting - just in case this goal wasn't ambitious enough for 24 August.

Playtesting is going to be tricky. Are there any dicebots that handle playing cards, hands, and drawing/discarding? Is this a thing?

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!
Well Rulebook, I'm terribly, terribly sorry.

The laptop I use to do all my RPG writing at work has given up the ghost and won't be fixable anytime soon. I won't be able to make the deadline on the 10th for Something Wicked This Way Comes.

My free time at home is dedicated to working on Treasure Hunters because I need to have it done before the end of this month and work Treasure Hunters must take precedence.

I do believe that the premise behind Something Wicked This Way Comes is fairly solid (though in obvious need of refinement) and although it is no longer a candidate for the August contest, future development (likely without the Coinbukkit System) may very well happen. If only to offer up a rare game where fighting isn't the focus.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hey, guess what I got!

A first module!

This one is mostly character creation, but I'm going to keep working on it right up to the deadline. So keep watching that space!

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
Alright, I should probably set up some goals.

By August 10, I'll have quickie playable rules done.

By August 17 I will have finished characters.

By August 24, I will have the sample Pitches and advice done.

At this point, I have the first draft of the first module done. I'll be going over it up until the deadline. For the 90's Smug bonus, can I be self-depreciating or do I have to be serious?

EDIT: Module ready for submission.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

It's begun, though not yet known. Anabar Thy'lend. Chain of Dogs in the Malazan tongue.

Slor The Destroyer
Aug 4, 2012
Reminder: 'That's Hollywood' is not an official entry into the August Design Contest and need not be reviewed.

First off, it is an honor simply to not-officially-participate. When I heard about this challenge, this game rushed into my head almost all at once.

Below are the game mechanics and first adventure via Google docs. I tried to write it up as though I were unrolling a carpet, one foot at a time until you can look back and see the whole thing stretch behind you. I have read too many rule-books that either jump around with concepts like a meth-addled monkey or hide important parts in obscure places (Battlelords of the 23rd century comes to mind).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A8APT0R3OWgot973-Za4QU0662VPxoUNUFQO150xWBE/edit

There is also an attached smug 90's article about how awesome this game must be. I lived through the nineties; I still have flashbacks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZBC7LPxDmh0F8EtHtrSDTlg3Kc4XsdRmIncJei42E98/edit

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
There is a website dedicated to Fortune Cookies fortunes! I am not entirely surprised (although somewhat amused) that such a thing exists. It is amazingly useful for my project however! If you want to see for yourself.

Seeing as everyone wants to see the resolution, I'll work on that module first. Being sick and working full time, as well as studying sure isn't helping my time on these things. But I'll stick in until the end. I'm assuming that I've got until 24:00 on the 10th in an American time zone (judging from what), but if I've got that wrong please let me know!

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Pacific Daylight Time is GMT-7, which means I have until 17:00 (5 pm) on Friday to post my poo poo. You can adjust your American sensibilities from there, I trust.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Well that would make it 17:00 PM on Saturday for me I think? As I'm GMT+10

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Yeah, that seems right.

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I think of your opinion.

Gau posted:

I've decided to start with a strong base for my system and do the Parcours du Combattant system in one fell swoop. As such, I have modeled out my "modules" as such:

Stage 1: Chapter 1, which is primarily an introduction to the game, creating a character, the philosophy of Parkour, and most importantly, the Parcours du Combattant system itself. That should be plenty to do for 10 August (only two days away!).

Module 2: Will cover Chapters 3, 4, and 5, the meat of the mechanics of the game: Exploration, Running, and Consequences. This will be the most difficult module, but I should be able to get it together for 17 August.

Section 3: Plays cleanup with Chapter 2 (Setting fluff), 6 (Player Turn/Downtime), and 7 (GM Advice and creating missions). I also hope to include a short sample mission, for playtesting - just in case this goal wasn't ambitious enough for 24 August.

Playtesting is going to be tricky. Are there any dicebots that handle playing cards, hands, and drawing/discarding? Is this a thing?

http://www.random.org/playing-cards/ is what I've been using, but I don't have "hands" in my game for this very reason - keeping track of it on a computer seems to be a pain and I can't find anywhere that does it well.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

sc4rs posted:

http://www.random.org/playing-cards/ is what I've been using, but I don't have "hands" in my game for this very reason - keeping track of it on a computer seems to be a pain and I can't find anywhere that does it well.

You could just have people draw from the thing, then keep track of what cards they have. What's a little extra scratchpaper on a computer?

If you have duplicates, keep hitting the button until you get a clean draw.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
Here is a rough diagram of the course of Intersector, from the rightfulness of seperation to the mixitudinal end. Unfortunately, it's in a language not yet born, but I think the rest speaks for itself.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HiKaizer posted:

Well that would make it 17:00 PM on Saturday for me I think? As I'm GMT+10

It's 1am Saturday GMT +1, so no, it is not 5pm Saturday GMT +10. I am not sure how you got 22 from 7+10.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

sc4rs posted:

FlakyBiscuit kicks serious rear end and is making me a cardbot so that I game is, you know, playtestable at all. Seriously. He rocks.

I'm sure anyone else would be welcome to use it.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's 1am Saturday GMT +1, so no, it is not 5pm Saturday GMT +10. I am not sure how you got 22 from 7+10.

Let the aussie bastard burn.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
It's -5 to + 10, so + 17 in total, or at least that's how my mind figured it at the time. But there should be 15 hours difference between GMT -5 and GMT +10 unless I am truly failing at time math...

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
This module encompasses the Basic setting and how to make characters.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36352351/DisUnity_02_Setting.docx
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1KQ_-XJT9MhvH74y8kiYduAjyhPA3_Ijt7Pdl7-GaCLU

Next module will be the game mechanics and the process of play.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

As we creep into the last day before the deadline, my prototypes for the page design are going well:

But the concept art for my BONUS honestly has me slightly more excited!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Well, my car just got totaled, and I've spent the entire day doing insurance stuff, and I'm going to try and find an affordable car tomorrow so I can go to work.

So, Wall of Shame, here I come! At least I have an excuse this time.

self_invention
Dec 25, 2010

Got surprised by a room change move that's gone hideously pear-shaped, so I'm not going to make the deadline on the 10th.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I'm going to try and find the time to make a Bonus Objective drawing, but for the time being, here's The Mage-Lords of Arymavon, Module 1: Some Rules and Some Examples!

Justification: I think this satisfies the "Enough rules to run a game" module. More GM advice will come with the "Running the playtest" module. I wanted to do more, but I left it a bit late and things are crazy at work so I wanted to bang it out. I need to see about running a playtest to find the optimum hand size/token pool. Right now those are just gut numbers. The module is the way it is because I needed to settle on some actual concrete rules in order to progress on any front, so I started with how I envisioned a round of play and then piled everything up around that. I already had the spell lists, as those were actually something I did before I even wrote the outline.

I want to see someone use "Turn into a giant snake" or "Set yourself on fire for an entire day" spells in order to complete a "Buy the Grand Magus a cup of coffee" task.

I'm considering a variant option where the players are apprentices, they have a much smaller selection of spells at any one time, teamwork becomes necessary, and all the screwing-over flows from the GM to the players instead of from the players to eachother.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Your Honor, I'd like to submit to the court as evidence the rules module for Justice is Blind. I intend to use this piece of evidence to prove, once and for all, the innocence of my client!

TAKE THAT!

Yes, I'm perfectly aware I just submitted Phoenix Wright: When They Cry as my submission.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Well, tomorrow is going to be a busy day, so here's my alpha version of the first module of Traceuse:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8x8cpjxTQQjUExTaVE4WndlUTA

It's a lot less writing than I had originally intended to do, as I spent far too long trying to make the system work right. I think there's something really good here for a foundation. I'm happy with it, even if it's shorter than I had hoped. If I get time before the deadline together, I'll throw the character creation rules into this. If not, they will be in the next module.

And, here's my BONUS! (A GIRL FRIEND of mine whipped it up on short notice. It's based on a photo of me jumping around in ridiculous gear.)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thanthos
Mar 22, 2001

Module Submission for Lil' Eldritch Horrors

I decided to work on the rules module first so that I can structure every other module - game setup, character creation (and powers), setting and sample adventure - around the rules. Once the mechanical framework is in place, I can then dedicate the rest of my time to doing fun things like thinking up crazy powers for demon infants, writing up setting-specific lore and designing imaginary monsters for them to do battle with.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Alright. I realised that everyone was making their own ideas for modules, so I went ahead and came up with my own.

By August 10, the general gameplay module for the last days of the meek will be complete, hopefully with more bonus points this time.

By august 17, most of the fluff should be done, well written or otherwise.

By August 24, thats when hopefully images and layout will be finally complete.

Anyway, for August 10th, here is the Gameplay Module for The Last Days of the Meek NOTE: Still being edited until august 10th.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ENTRY TO JURASSIC CENTRAL PARK

I don't need my own words to tell you that Jurassic Central Park is winning this thing. I'll use the words of my competitors.

Red_Mage posted:

This is genius, and if you drop out I will cry. This is geniunely the greatest thing I have heard in years of RPGs.

Fenarisk posted:

Oh. My. God.

I need the rules to playtest this so hard next weekend with friends coming to town.

Gau posted:

This is seriously amazing. If your game isn't set up to be as fun as Jurassic Central Park appears to be, you should probably drop out at once and spare yourself the embarrassment.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

What can I say? This game, its concept and its blurb has captured the hearts and mouths of hungry gamers already.

With JCP I've shifted away from that bane of dissociation mechanics of dice or cards. JCP gives you that tactile feel you've been missing from gaming the whole time. Your fate is literally in your hands and mouth as you chew and eat your way to an immersive role playing experience. Notice I didn't say game, because game has connotations that belittle what JPC sets out and does. No game to date has you eating actual food. No game to date uses our provocative idea of a timed session as a means to control player spotlight and pace. This game might be about dinosaurs, but its causing all other systems to become the dinosaur.

/smug

Is a partial artistic bonus thing. My actual submission module also contains art sprinkled throughout. You can find that here . This module contains the rules of play and dinosaur generation, everything you'd technically need for an early play. I wanted to get the rules module and character generation out first because those were the strongest formed in my head, and having a strong mechanical backing will help inform the sample adventure (module 2) and the GM advice and world fluff (module 3)

I also want to announce that I will be putting out a bounty for a record playtest of the cost enough chicken wings and celery to play the game for five people Basically the first person who can get me a recorded playtest (audio or video), I will compensate the cost* of the wings and celery. PM me before you run out and do that though, because I have specific instructions. I'm going to want at least a 3 player + 1 GM playtest, and audio/video has to be usable.

*hard limit of $50 please

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

That was so smug I'm choking on your hubris. Good job.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

As your contest overlord, it pleases me to announce that I will be entering a debauched weekend retreat of gaming and other sundry pleasures today. If I do not post specifically about the outline, know that I will still know if you're past.

Googling "greenwich mean time" may assist the chronologically challenged.

There may be a short delay in new bonus objectives, but it will not prove onerous. If you're posting your submission, remember what I asked for already (if you do not) and, for the sake of convenience, I also ask all non-shameful contestants to post any relevant works of art in their submission post.

Post well.

alakath
Nov 3, 2007

The green knight gets all the princesses.
What's that? Is it the only game that went to 11 in the first round? Did someone just break the scoring rubric?

Oh wait. It's only ThU/D: Deathrow LIVE!

It's hard to follow mediocrity *ahem, Jurassic Central Park* but something has to do it.

What better than the highest-rated TV show of the future, pitting convicts head-to-head in reality TV competitions? Clearly, Deathrow LIVE! is the true frontrunner of this competition.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

I advise everyone to check this document out if you haven't already.

And now, it's time to check out the ThU/D Core Rulebook.

I have structured my first submission as a universal guide to the ThU/D system: a “Core Rulebook,” if you will. My ultimate goal is to create an easily adaptable system, one which can accommodate multiple settings and modules.

The attached document begins with an introduction to the ThU/D system, written in the inimitable style of 90’s bad-rear end game designers, crossed with the “Play Like You’ve Got a Pair” ‘tude of Warmachine.

The submission then progresses to an overview of the ThU/D system, before launching into a break down of individual systems. Lastly, we offer tips to play, GM, and design modules for ThU/D system games.

This document does not contain any information related to the Deathrow LIVE! setting. The setting module will follow in my Aug. 17 submission, with adventure documents in the Aug. 24 module.

I understand this may be a disappointment to all you wannabe convicts, but again, I hope to create a universal system with ThU/D and this seemed to be the best way to go about it.

Oh! Also. In the future, drawing is for retards. Yet poetry has made a comeback as the preferred artwork style! (It's my gameworld, don't gently caress with me!)

Behold, a hipster poem about the power wielded by each thumb in the ThU/D system, written with fountain pen, in small-batch ink, on a Moleskine, in a Starbucks!

alakath
Nov 3, 2007

The green knight gets all the princesses.
Thoughts on other games!

The Mage-Lords of Arymavon, by PublicOpinion: I really like your mechanic. It's kind of like reverse Hearts, followed by War, if that makes sense. It sounds like a blast. The only mechanical thing I'm not in love with is the rock-paper-scissors to break ties. Maybe use cards somehow? Force them to play another spell?

I also genuinely appreciate the humor in your example cards, especially the bit about pulling the apprentice from the hat and the footnote about Rumpelstiltskin.

Justice is Blind, by blastron: For some reason I found the Resolve system difficult to understand. Maybe add some examples? Actually, examples would be appreciated throughout the document. I feel like I'd end up playing wrong, even though I'd have fun.

I like Knox's Ten. I feel like they'll really guide cases in the direction you want them to go.

Otherwise, the game sounds fun! Keep at it.

Traceuse, by Gau: Short, but sweet. Whenever I see your game I'm left wanting more. That's a good thing, I think.

I would love to see an example of gameplay, though. I'm a sucker for examples.

Lil' Eldritch Horrors, by thantos: Easy to read, interesting mechanic. One suggestion: I'd argue for restructuring the document a bit. The bit about how you draw cards equal to your Ante seems buried, and it's a really key point.

I don't quite get what Major Arcana or Veil Tokens are, though. Also, an example!

The Last Days of the Meek, by Druggeddwarf: I like it! Lots of examples, and I'm a sucker for high school drama.

My only suggestion is to perhaps consider merging the Courage and the Fear meters. They seem pretty strongly linked, as is.

And you're not nearly smug enough.

Jurassic Central Park, by Ulta: In short, a work of brilliance. My vegetarian GIRLFRIEND even wants to play.

My only question: Did you actually scarf wings and celery to create an accurate success table?

edit: It's been brought to my attention I missed a few entries! I'll post my thoughts on those in a bit.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY
Preface: You people are all polemic and promoting bad game design and teaching bad hobbies with your games. My game (Amp 2 Amp) eschews traditional methods of "randomization" in favor of a more compelling game experience. Interactivity.

While most games make you a passive slave to dice, cards, or chicken wings, only my game actually puts you in control of your destiny. Your performance in Amp 2 Amp is based entirely on your skill and acumen as well as your party's skill and acumen, and you know that your resolution to your individual plot and your bands plot is actually up to you and not some idiotic random ineffable law of the universe.

Your games cause brain damage and are responsible for the malformed youth of this generation who insist that everything is the fault of society, or insist that they be handed their experience on a platter, you have taught them that the universe is outside their control. Cards on a table that were dealt in advance or that their fate is literally carved into the wood of the table they sit down at. You also promote laziness with your "tabletop" play, whereas Amp 2 Amp encourages you to get up and move, to enjoy life and to rock out. Amp 2 Amp is active, engaging, innovative, and the best drat game in this thread. It will even be layed out for index cards in its final revision so that you need never sit at some basement table and peer at a book again.

In conclusion:
PLAY AMP 2 AMP
http://sdrv.ms/My9eLZ

Apologies for the lack of formatting, as you can see below formatting is the last concern on my list, I intend to improve it, as right now my game BLOWS past the 20 page bonus objective by being 77 pages.

Outline: A basic framework - done
Module 1: Working rules draft - done
Module 2: A full example of play that can be cribbed from
Module 3: Layout and formatting and fluf

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

alakath posted:

Thoughts on other games!

Justice is Blind, by blastron: For some reason I found the Resolve system difficult to understand. Maybe add some examples? Actually, examples would be appreciated throughout the document. I feel like I'd end up playing wrong, even though I'd have fun.

I like Knox's Ten. I feel like they'll really guide cases in the direction you want them to go.

Otherwise, the game sounds fun! Keep at it.

Thanks! I'm definitely going to be adding plenty of examples as part of the second module, which is going to include character creation and the game example. I may also revise the wording in some places, as I put together most of the document in one final three-hour stretch late last night so it might be a little confusing in parts.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

alakath posted:

Jurassic Central Park, by Ulta: In short, a work of brilliance. My vegetarian GIRLFRIEND even wants to play.

My only question: Did you actually scarf wings and celery to create an accurate success table?

I did! I timed how fast I could eat a wing and some celery, and I timed how fast it took to count. This is probably where playtesting will do the heavy lifting.

willing to settle
Apr 13, 2011
Okay! Here's our character creation module. It introduces a number of concepts that are only really dealt with in depth in the rules section, but it's pretty self-contained overall.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ICts8VOcgzxOFvI4O3lDuMz6cKuq_h9MV3Yz-tpSymc/edit

And my traditional art is this wizard head made out of raisins.

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I think of your opinion.
Module #1 for Arenaball: Rules and Procedures

I chose to present the Rules and Procedures as a rules manual for a sport, because I like when rules documents have a bit of flavor attached to them, but abandon that when they actually get to the nitty-gritty rules. I think the small flavor in the Letter from the Commissioner is just enough to get a taste for how the game will play out, without beating the players (who this manual is more aimed towards) over the head with it before they even start playing. I also am not particularly skilled with digital manipulation mumbo jumbo, and so I thought this was a nice way to up the production values a little bit without getting in over my head.

This module is more or less exclusively the structured parts of the rules. As my rules sections are fairly long in order to make the game strategic and nuanced while also reminiscent of actual sports play, I wanted to make sure there weren't too many fiddly bits attached that weren't necessary obfuscating the nuts and bolts that are presented here.

On the other hand, I envision the Coach's Manual (the second module, which I will be presenting next week) as being for all of the modular parts of the game, like Abilities, Social Contacts, Formations, Calamities, etc. All of those could have infinite different examples and variations, and the Coach's Manual will present some of those and ideas for a Coach (the player running the game) to take them further. I intend to have the sample season & other teams included in the Coach's Manual as well, and to only have two modules, but we'll see how that goes. :)

Also, from earlier, my poem for the Bonus.

self_invention
Dec 25, 2010

Not only did I get facehugged by my living arrangement shift, I lost my piece of original art for the game, though I have a picture of it at an early stage..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25140352@N03/7755211810/

My smug essay was also a rickroll, because :regd08:

Thank you Mors and Rulebook for the reviews and criticism, and thanks for putting up the contest!

..so much shame.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Dungeon Manager: A King's Reward: Module 1: Managing the Dungeon

I will not bother to smugly assert my superiority over all of your with some kind of ad blurb. Instead, allow this hand drawn work of beauty to catch your eyes, and let my superiority be made self evident through the clarity and ingenuity of Dungeon Manager: A King's Reward: Module 1: Managing the Dungeon.

The game is essentially already fully playable at this stage. Future modules will add character customization options and alternate settings/rules. Unfortunately, I cannot see any way you could possibly play this online, so if you want to playtest this game, you'll need to grab some local friends to do so. I've done a run through once already and it took under 2 hours, so it's not too time consuming an adventure.

Module 2 will consist of: Character Action Customization, and a deck of cards with all Gain/Lose actions printed on them, for print and play usage! As per the standard rules, if you print and play multiple decks, you will want to give them different sleeve backs, so they'll be easier to divide later.

Module 3 will consist of: Alternative play modes! There is a reason that setting is barely touched upon in this game, and that reason will be out in full force in this module. Play as inheritors of a vast fortune, or space explorers conquering a lost colony, instead of just dungeon delving fantasy heroes.

EDIT: 100% COMPLETE

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.
No art, just the first module for World Serpent, split into two parts, and given with a handy glossary of terms.

Hero and Team Creation

Temperaments, Powers, and Bonds

Glossary

And also the first module for The Rookies, albeit in a very rough form.

Mechanics

Why I did Hero and Team Creation for World Serpent: I envision World Serpent as a game very much about interesting heroes, and a well-knit team, and the fire step for that seems to be players working together to build characters, and make them a team. I tried to make each singular part of the mechanics for both characters and teams important and interesting, and to stress the importance of teamwork and group synergy. I could have done better, but this seems passable for now.

Why I did Mechanics for The Rookies: I won't lie, I'm trying to get The Rookies as simple and as rule light as possible by the deadline, so part of that is starting with a simple core, and working my way out from there. I did things a little busier than I'd like for this rough draft, and I didn't get to include the changes I made after a play test, but it still exists in it's most basic form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
Here's the first Intersector module, which details Praxes. These are the core gameplay aspect of the game - important and varied enough that they take up their own (20 page) module.

Also, another art thing, representing the Hand, the Eye, and the Sun.