Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm going to try and enter this. I've got a game idea it's just that I'm struggling with coming up with a non-dice randomizer that would work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Gau posted:

:dance: I'm so excited!

I specifically cordoned this contest off in my brain so that I wouldn't start putting together ideas until I saw the rules. Now that I have, I am really stoked. Going to cook some ideas in my head and see what comes out on the 31st.

Decks of cards are very easy to use and ubiquitous.

The diceless thing is, ironically, the most challenging part of this. Dice are just such convenient randomizers. All the more need to challenge that precept of RPGs!

I thought about cards but then I worried about being far too similar to The Fortune System. The Diceless thing is a bit of a doozy.

EDIT: A bit of my game idea. Not exactly concise but it's just how I explained it to a friend. http://pastebin.com/mVwkpDzK

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tentatively Signing up with
Cityscape: Runners in the BackAlleys.

What a lovely name.

EDIT: Some confusion. My pastebin link was a copy of a steam chat. WE ARE AMPLIFIED was my steam name at the time.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Though this might annoy Rulebook a tiny bit, I've got a name change for my game.

You had my game as this, and I realized it's a much cooler and less generic name then what I had come up with.

EDIT: Saw the edited list. You were right, Rulebook, but that doesn't mean I have to like it :cheeky:.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Well poo poo, I misread the time zone we were basing the contest off of. I won't be able to finish it in time but will still post the outline cause I'm still gonna get this game done. As long as that doesn't anger Rulebook too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rulebook Heavily posted:

To become unstuck in time is no mean feat. But you may post and discuss it as you like anyway!

Thanks. I'll get it posted by tomorrow. Even if it's not for the contest I would love your opinion on it once it's up.