Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Buffalochickencheese best chickencheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

NosmoKing posted:

Only if you use blue cheese.

It'd be heresy if you didn't.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Jazzahn posted:

Proper term is Chickencheese and I'll have no other discussion about it.

EDIT: I think tonight is going to be Buffalochickenbluecheese night.

I'm jealous. We'll see how productive I am tonight after work to see if I go grocery shopping. If so, perhaps we can compare our buffalo chicken cheesesteaks (buffalochickenbluecheese).

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Jazzahn posted:

EDIT:
Doh004 if you do make one tonight, please post pictures of the results!

Will do my best :chef:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Damnit. Camera battery is dead! Gotta let it charge up while I cook.

Also, glad to see your sandwich is different from what mine will be. Should be good fun :)

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Oh hey ingredients, whatcha doing there? Just chillen I see.

We're going to make a blue cheese spread? Why yes, this wouldn't be Somethingawful.com if we didn't slather mayo on everything.

But really, this is super tasty. Equal parts mayo and sour cream. Blue cheese crumbles, garlic, salt and lots of fresh cracked pepper. Let this bad boy sit in your fridge while you prepare everything else. This stuff is even better the next day after everything mingles together.

It isn't a buffalo sauce unless you use Frank's. Combine franks with about 3tb of butter and I added in some ancho chili powder (couldn't find any dried ones) and cayenne pepper because I like more heat. Heat it up to combine.

What do you mean I have to clean my apartment and take out the recycling? Well I might as well kill off this bottle of wine. Not sure how it made it into these pictures, but I love me inexpensive Italian montepulcianos.

Cook dat chicken.

Shred dat chicken.

Add dat saaaaawwwwwce

Super special close up shot of buffalo chicken goodness. What up macro mode.

This wouldn't be a cheesesteak without provolone (cheese wiz can go eat poo poo). Might as well finish off my remaining 1/4lb of it.

Yep. Load up the bread with delicious blue cheese spread.

Bread it!

Flip it and eat!

Next time, I'll make sure to get a better bread. You need something pretty strong to hold up to all the extra sauce and weight of everything :chef:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Wanna eat that buffalochickencheese.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Jazzahn posted:

poo poo looks delicious. Ok Buffalochickenbluecheese has been done, we need some fresh chickencheese ideas up in here.

Pesto chicken, mozzarella (mabe feta), tomatoes?
BBQ Chicken Cheese
Chicken Parm Sub (pretty much the same thing)

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
The last time I had eaten a Buffalobluechickencheese was well over two years ago in college. After eating mine last week, I can safely say my stomach can no longer handle the damage that I used to put it through.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Magnatux posted:

Yo I'm all sad and stuff because Sensei Doh004's images, they be broken and stuff, anybody else?

Sorry about that! I went away on vacation and the moment I stepped away from a computer, my webserver decided to eat poo poo. Don't worry, everything is back up now :)

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

the_american_dream posted:

Hey seriously not to poo poo post because these recipes are great and look good but is this "black folks imitation" a hilarious GWS inside joke or what? Its kind of not cool tbh. But again, good thread besides that :)

What about this is necessarily black? I believe DD would like to have a word with you :colbert:

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

No, this thread just sucks and you're a racist shithead.

Wanna know what else sucks? Not eating the eggs.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

scuz posted:

Thanks dudes, that whole ordeal took about 3 hours so I couldn't not post it. Next time I'll have a hot pepper relish cuz it needs a little more zing.

Oh, Cassidy: I put an egg wash on that bread, started the oven at 500, then dropped it to 450 when the dough went in.

That bread looks really awesome and obviously holds up to the enormity of a proper chickencheese.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Chilichickencheese?

Hhhhhhnnnnnnnnggggggghhhhhhhhh :getin:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Quick guys, we can't taint the sanctity of GWS with this thread anymore. I guess there isn't enough :spergin: going on up in here.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
I came :awesome:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Troll trying to take this thread down.

:frogout: narc.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

the littlest prince posted:

I made a chickencheese. The photo I took is terrible. Coincidentally, the sandwich was also not very good, so I guess it's appropriate.

Proper chickencheese is an art. Clearly you haven't mastered it yet young grasshopper.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Can't wait until the state of New York legalizes the right to marry between a man and chickencheese. I'm ready to propose.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Pepperjack cheese with marinera sauce? :stonk:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
I will defend the honor of the chickencheese.

Except for the chickenmug. gently caress that abortion.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
I'm still not sure if we need to limit it to just sandwiches - jury's still out on that one. Sensei Jazzahn had posted some tasty chickencheese earlier.

Perhaps I will make a post-Sandy chickencheese tonight, we shall see.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

signalnoise posted:

I don't even know why I posted that, its not as though this is worth getting in a fake argument about it

Aren't fake arguments are the point of internet forums?

Chickencheesemug is the only thing that is stopping this thread from being a complete failure.

You would know about things being a complete failure in GWS, wouldn't you? :colbert:

*edit* drat, beaten. I should refresh pages.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Manuel Calavera posted:

He ate the eggs, at least :smug:

I actually never had to eat the eggs :smithmouth:

Also holy poo poo, you guys get angry. You should chill and eat a chickencheese.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
If people feel so inclined to hate this thread and everything it "stands" for, please vote 1 and move on. We get that chicken + cheese + maybe veggies + maybe (but most definitely) bread make you angry, but really it's just a sandwich.

*edit* Not trying to backseat-mod, just asking :shobon:.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
And no I don't think Ricola is a failure. I was merely busting his balls because he came in here busting our balls. I thought that's what bros (ha) did.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Doh004: I would like to call out your lovely posting and garbageposts and challenge you to a cooking contest.

Name the terms and I will gently caress your poo poo up, loser suffers whatever consequences Happy Hat decides are reasonable.

No thank you, I respectfully decline. I would get absolutely demolished :)

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Semisponge posted:

But son, you are shameful. If you truly love chickencheese, you should take your contest on the chin. No chickening out. No cheesing the rules. Just do the best you can, and you'll be a better person for it.

Naw I'm good, thanks though :)

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Semisponge posted:

You are literally the worst. :(

Not the first time I've been called that in this thread!

:smith:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Ugh, if I did the challenge it would be so anticlimactic.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Thread's up.

drat peer pressure.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

mindphlux posted:

If people feel so inclined to hate this thread and everything it "stands" for, please vote 1 and move on. We get that chicken + cheese + maybe veggies + maybe (but most definitely) bread make you angry, but really it's just a sandwich.

Hey this looks familiar :monocle:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Man that's some kind o fancy chickencheese. Bravo :golfclap:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Jazzahn posted:

My faith in Doh004 is unwavering.

I hope I didn't disappoint!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515276&pagenumber=2#post409490833

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Get a couple more carcasses and a pound or two of chicken feet, as well as roughly 5 pounds of chicken skin.

Finely chop and render the chicken skin.

Remove the meat from your chicken and braise it until it is pullable. Pull it much more finely than you would for pulled chicken, more like you would for rillettes.

Make very gelatinous chicken stock. Reduce to the point where it sets like hard jello.

Mix in your pulled chicken, pour into a cookie sheet, and allow to set. The texture should be about the same as that of head cheese (good head cheese, not that cubes-in-jello stuff at the grocery store deli). Chill in the fridge until well set.

Slice into fry-shapes. Batter the fries with chicken skin and panko. Deep fry.

Top with squeaky cheese curds and maybe a port demiglace.

Get up to go to sleep after two or three bites.

Now you're in the spirit! :D

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
I don't think PI realizes they need to cook their pets first before they eat them. Wouldn't want them to get food poisoning :ohdear:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

NovemberMike posted:

I think I have those things.

Actually, I might just be sticking Sriracha on my chickencheese. Hope it goes well with Blue Cheese.

If you have the blue, you might as well go with a buffalobluechickencheese.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

NovemberMike posted:

I have blue cheese and I have muenster. I'm not sure if it's correct to mix these or if I should make two chickencheeses or what. Also, what kind of buffalo sauce would be recommended for something like this?

Check out the first page for both my and ColHannibal's recipes.

Franks + butter is your traditional, delicious, buffalo sauce.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Jazzahn posted:

I don't know what you're talking about bro, the chickencheeses I made were pretty drat tasty.

Don't mind him, clearly he's just in a pissy mood because he hasn't ever had a proper chickencheese.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Or just use a food processor to shred it. Takes all of a minute.

Not all of us can be part of the 1% and afford a fancy schmancy food processor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

GrAviTy84 posted:

I see them all the time at goodwill for like 15-25 bux.

It was a (bad) joke :ssh: