Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Time fo' some Greek chickencheese!

Get dat feta. Get dat roll. Get dat home muthufucking made tzatzeeeeekeeee and marinate some chicken titties in some oregano, rosemary, onion powder and muhfuckin' mint.

Grill dat chicken and grill dat bread while you at it.

Chop dat chicken up good.

Thow dat tzatziki all over dat bread(both sides bitch!), put some chicken on it, and then put the cheese in dat chickencheese!

Eat dat chickencheese!

Yeah dawg, you right. Dat chickencheese look lonely as a mufucka. We need a side dish! Today's side dish is a second chickencheese!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

amishbuttermaster posted:

I'm afraid not. Since it's Cuban it's pork, pork and more pork.

Pork is the other white meat. Can we let it be posted here for the sake of delicious sandwich diversity? Judges ruling?

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

KlavoHunter posted:

Now this thread needs the world's most haute cuisine chickencheese, with like truffles and caviar and such, served on fine china with the real silverware.

I feel like I need to do this to balance out my Chickenmug.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

the littlest prince posted:

I made a chickencheese. The photo I took is terrible. Coincidentally, the sandwich was also not very good, so I guess it's appropriate.

Rather eat the chickenmug.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Hi Goons. I'm Troy McLure Doom Rooster. You may remember me from such hit posts as: "The Devil's Fridge", and "Chickenmug". Well today, I'm here to take you inside the wonderful world of the Chickencheese.

Lemon Basil Sous Vide Chicken, with Black Truffle Brie, Italian Fontal, Deconstructed Shitake Duxelle, crispy chicken skin and a Shitload of Duck Fat
Served with roasted asparagus topped by lemon champagne vinaigrette and duck cracklins.

Rather than a standard duxelle with mushrooms, onions and garlic, I went with mushroom paste, caramelized onions and garlic confit. Sorry for the pics. The girlfriend left my camera at her sister's, so I had to do the best I could with an iPhone and a desk lamp.

Stuff:

Fresh "pasture roaming" organic chicken
Fresh "pasture roaming" organic duck
Fromager D'Affinois Triple Cream Brie with black truffles
Italian Fontal cheese
Fresh baguette
Onion
Garlic
Asparagus
Shitake mushrooms
Butter
Rosemary
Basil
Olive oil
Lemon
Champagne vinegar
Egg yolk
Salt

Defat your duck

Render the fat

End up with this

Confit your garlic

Make cracklins

Toss thinly sliced onions into the pan you crackled

Caramelize them. They should look like this. (I added a shot of Cognac to the onions after they were caramelized to add flavor, and soften them back up)

Make your mushroom paste (Half duck fat, half butter)

Vacuum your chicken breasts with lemon zest and basil. Proceed to puddle them (148 for 90 minutes).

Crisp your chicken skin.

Take some of the oil from your garlic confit, put it into a mortar, and crush fresh rosemary with pestle. Make vinaigrette using this oil, lemon juice and champagne vinegar.

Brush your baguette with duck fat then toast. Spread caramelized onions on the bottom half, and mushroom paste on the top half. Melt cheese over them.

Remove puddle chicken and slice. Construct sandwich, plate broiled asparagus with vinaigrette and duck cracklins. Spoon on garlic confit for spreading on individual bites.

It was good.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Thanks much for the compliments all. It was a lot of fun, and drat tasty. I only hope that our holy Chickencheese prophet, Jazzahn comes back to see what his creation has become.

Saint Darwin posted:

I don't know guys. It looks awesome and follows the letter of ChickenCheese but not the spirit.

Jazzahn the arbiter of Chickencheese posted:

Bro every chickencheese counts.

Jazzahn the arbiter of Chickencheese posted:

Dude all forms of chickencheese are welcome.

:colbert:

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

pointsofdata posted:

Yes, but this thread doesn't seem to be about making superior (or even good, for the first 10 pages) food.

Excuse me? What are you talking about? There is some amazing stuff in the first 10 pages. Just because something isn't fancy, doesn't mean that it is bad, or trashy. If you do want fancy though, start off with my Greek Chickencheese on page 2, then my latest Chickencheese, which is the last post of page 8. I DARE you to say that that isn't good with a straight face. :colbert:

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Decided to up the HP of my chickencheese. Jamaican Jerk chicken, habanero jack cheese, with chipotle pineapple crema. I found that replacing the bread with a newer, streamlined tortilla chassis really helped cut down the weight, and drastically improved performance.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
My chickencheese is on page 8. Can someone please work out the macros so that I know how many I need to eat per day to get swole? tyia

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Shine posted:

No matter the macros of your chickencheese, the answer is four. Four chickencheese.

If that doesn't work then I dunno drink a gallon of milk a day or some poo poo.

Holy poo poo. That's like $200 per day on chickencheese. Getting swole is expensive. Can I save cash by not renewing my gym membership? Will that much chickencheese allow me to get sick lats without actually having to work out?

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Jazzahn posted:

Is there somewhere to petition for a card to be created?

This is amazing.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

DrakeriderCa posted:

If you think moustaches repel gay men I have something I have to tell you

He was saying that up until recently, he didn't have a mustache, which is why he has not been courted by any gay men. He hints that now that he has a mustache, that is likely to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Would have LOVED to see this go through D&D, ADTRW and TCC, but overall, great showing. Thanks all who were involved.