Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
CURRENTLY $3.39 ON STEAM! It's $10.00 Again But Buy It Anyways

The mostly-dormant-for-some-reason thread for the PS3 and XBOX360 versions is this way.

Awesomenauts is a 2D sidescrolling MOBA from developer Ronimo Games with beautiful cartoon graphics. If you're a fan of DOTA but wish the game was more straight-up fun, or a fan of Smash Bros but wish it had some sort of coordinated team play, Awesomenauts is the game for you!

The objective is the same as any MOBA - you have a team of heroes that pushes with a wave of NPC "creeps" towards the enemy base. You must destroy 2 towers to get the enemy base. Destroy the base to win!

» Get it on Steam for $10 Right Now

» Join the goon Steam group!

» Awesomenauts Wiki

• Simple, fun 2D action, but with the potential for deep team tactics and whatnot
  • You can do split screen on your PC!! Neat!!
  • The characters are pretty great and have a lot of personality. Each one has a theme song that plays when you get a killing spree!
  • When you die, you play a neat minigame that can net you extra gold, so you're never just staring at a timer
  • Games generally last 10-20 minutes, so you never have those typical miserable MOBA experiences where you have to sit and watch your team slowly lose for 45 minutes
  • It is among the best-looking 2D games ever made. Very well-polished!
  • Less heroes than a game like DOTA, each of which has 1 attack and 2 skills, and item shopping is infinitely easier than DOTA, so the learning curve is fast and painless
  • It's really fun

When you first play the game, it forces you to do a Really loving Stupid tutorial level that is just awful. You will be tempted to say "wow, this is garbage" and uninstall the game. The tutorial only lasts 5 minutes or so, so please just slog through it. Immediately after finishing the level, you can play normal practice games and see what the "real" game is about.

Here's a 21-minute gameplay video of a full match. This is the console version - the PC version looks a little better (much better GUI), plus the camera is a bit more zoomed out on PC (that's a good thing).

Lonestar is a terrific jack of all trades. He's a little OP at the moment, so expect some light nerfs in coming patches.

Jumping: Double jump, upgradeable to triple jump
Main Weapon: Pistol, can launch two homing missles if upgraded
Skill One: Lonestar throws sticks of dynamite.
Skill Two: Lonestar summons a holographic bull that pushes enemies back.

Typical strategies: Upgrading Lonestar's pistol so that it fires two homing missles is extremely effective and turns him into a huge damage dealer. His bull has several slowing upgrades, and if you invest in them all, enemies that get hit by your bull slow to an absolute crawl that lasts a long time. If you upgrade his dynamite so that you throw 3 sticks at once, you can deal 75 instant damage to enemies if you throw the dynamite while in close range.

My personal favorite, Froggy G is a fast rushing character who can stunlock enemies and deal hard damage. He's a dash-in-dash-out kind of guy.

Jumping: One high jump, can be upgraded to an Absurdly High Jump
Main Weapon: Water pistol, can be upgraded to shoot multiple bullets at once
Skill One: Froggy dashes in any direction, stunning any enemy he hits
Skill Two: Froggy spins like a tornado and deals heavy damage to all surrounding enemies

Typical strategies: If you upgrade your dash's stun duration and cooldown time, you can dash every 3 seconds and deal 1.5 seconds of stun with each dash. Since you're invulnerable while dashing, you become an absolute menace, and almost impossible to catch. His water pistol is ridiculously strong when upgraded with damage and a second bullet.

Leon is a backstabbing, often-invisible assassin-guy who deals heavy damage in close range.

Jumping: Normal single jump
Main Weapon: Blade, which can be upgraded to slow enemies
Skill One: Leon's tongue shoots out and can pull in distant enemies
Skill Two: Leon turns invisible and leaves a decoy where he last stood. He can stay invisible indefinitely, until he attacks

Typical strategies: There are a few ways to play Leon. You can rack up lots of kills with skillful use of the tongue. The most popular play style is to abuse the decoys he leaves when he goes invisible - they can be upgraded to attack and move around, so you can basically raise an army of attacking decoys.

Voltar is a healer who can also deal good damage with his drones.

Jumping: Single jump, but can then hover (think Peach in Mario 2)
Main Weapon: No main weapon, instead shoots a beam that heals allies
Skill One: Summon 1-3 drones that surround you and attack enemies with lasers
Skill Two: Drop a healing totem that heals all allies in a certain radius

Typical strategies: Voltar is usually most effective when he focuses completely on healing his teammates. He can also heal creeps, so a good Voltar can push turrets with a huge wave of creeps. Hot new tactic everyone is using: upgrading drone explosion, using his drones as a burst AoE.

Yuri is a great support / harrassment hero that can slow enemies, cover the arena with deadly mines, and slowly chip away at turrets from a safe distance.

Jumping: Can fly freely (has a jetpack) but easily knocked out of air
Main Weapon: Laser which deals more damage the longer it is activated
Skill One: Drop a mine (or several mines) on the field
Skill Two: A large bubble surrounds Yuri which can slow enemies and heal allies.

Typical strategies: Since Yuri is the only character that can fly freely and his mines can do huge damage, the most popular way to play Yuri is to stay as high as possible and drop mines everywhere. However, going for full bubble + laser is probably the more effective tactic if you have a team that works well together — if everyone stays in the bubble, they can be unstoppable.

Clunk is a heavy tank that can absorb a lot of damage and deal lots of damage in close range.

Jumping: Can fly for a short amount of time
Main Weapon: Shoots missles slowly that deal heavy damage
Skill One: Bite an enemy, which can stun it or steal life
Skill Two: Self destruct. Does huge damage in a big radius, but also deals damage to Clunk.

Typical strategies: Clunk's self-destruct is huge. The most typical way to play him is to rush into groups of enemies, bite to stun if possible, and blow yourself up. If you upgrade your self destruct so it does less damage to yourself and upgrade your maximum health, you can survive a lot of abuse.

Coco is one of the two new heroes. She's mainly a fast support hero, but can deal big damage to turrets.

Jumping: Normal single jump, goes pretty high
Main Weapon: Psychic melee damage which is continual, great against turrets
Skill One: Leave a trail of electricity behind you as you move
Skill Two: Shoot a ball of energy that you can explode at will.

Typical strategies: Coco's melee attack when upgraded can deal tremendous damage to turrets - a lot of players focus on mobility and taking down turrets quickly, leading to quick victory. If enemies try to chase her down, her electric blaze is terrific at slowing them and preventing chasing.

Derpl is a weird damage dealer who can transform into a stationary siege mode, giving him a powerful machine gun and a nuke. When he was first added to the game, he was considered pretty OP, so Ronimo nerfed him hastily. Expect lots of more changes to his skills in the future.

Jumping: Can fly for a short amount of time
Main Weapon: Shoots weak bouncing projectiles in standard mode and heavy damage bullets in siege mode
Skill One: Drop traps behind you that stun enemies for a few seconds. In siege mode, this skill slot shoots a nuke
Skill Two: Allows transformation into siege mode

Typical strategies: Drop stun traps everywhere, then when an enemy becomes trapped get into siege mode and go nuts with your machine gun and nuke.

Gnaw deals in poison attacks and can drop mini turrets that damage enemies.

Jumping: Normal single jump
Main Weapon: Bite enemies to gather growth parts, then use those to grow a weedling.
Skill One: Spit out a sticky spray of acid goo that damages enemies over time.
Skill Two: Gnaw bites his enemies with his filthy maw, dealing damage over time.

Typical strategies: Steal creep kills with your weedling mini-turrets! Increase your poison bite! Kill lots of dudes with poison!

Skolldir is a space viking voiced by one of the horrible human beings behind "The Yogscast." He uses his fists to throw enemies and rear end to smash!

Jumping: Double Jump, via Farts (this is official canon)
Main Weapon: Fists, which can be upgraded to slow or stun.
Skill One: Forcefully throw an enemy behind you.
Skill Two: While jumping, slam down into the ground, like in Mario 64! Creates a line of earthquake fire that does big damage.

Raelynn is an interesting sniper assassin who specializes in really annoying the enemy team. She can run quickly when out of combat, but is slow in combat zones.

Jumping: Single jump
Main Weapon: Pistol, mostly similar to Lonestar's
Skill One: Long distance snipe that deals moderate damage
Skill Two: Throw a time-rift grenade that slows time in a small radius

Typical strategies: Snipe like crazy. The time rift grenade can be upgraded to spawn a droid, which is incredible for pushing lanes.

Vinnie & Spike are a weird flying hero voiced by horrible YouTube celebrity TotalBiscuit. A lot of his skills can be tweaked via holding money (deal more damage if you're holding more than 100 gold, etc).

Jumping: Can fly for what feels like a billion years
Main Weapon: Bubble Gun, shoots 3 bubbles in quick bursts
Skill One: Dash into an opponent, shooting spikes and dealing damage in a radius
Skill Two: Release a smoke screen, which hides you from enemies and can be upgraded to do a variety of things.

Genji is a weird larvae support hero who can trap enemies and shield teammates. Great for defense.

Jumping: Hitting jump a second time allows him to fly for a limited amount of time
Main Weapon: Shoots a weird electric butterfly thing, which boomerangs back to him. Can be upgraded to heal!
Skill One: Ensnare an enemy in a cocoon for a few seconds. Extremely annoying and effective! Can be upgraded to convert enemy droids into friendly droids, which is fantastic for pushing lanes.
Skill Two: Instantly pop a shield onto yourself and nearby allies that blocks some damage. Can be upgraded to heal!

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Q: How do I deal with Leon? He seems overpowered!
A: Leon can be annoying, but he's never unstoppable. Firstly, you can hit him while he's invisible. If you shoot your gun at nothing and see damage numbers appear, you've hit an invisible Leon. So part of battling him effectively involves predicting when he'll ambush you. If you're pushing a turret solo, shoot behind you every few shots to see if he's approaching. If he is, his element of surprise is gone! Lots of Leons will retreat immediately when they think you see them.

Q: How do I deal with Lonestar? He seems overpowered!
A: He is. Use teamwork. Also, harrass him at every turn, because if you allow him to get all of his upgrades easily he will wreck you late-game. Try to end the game as early as possible — push turrets and gank other players.

Q: How do I deal with Yuri when he spams mines everywhere?
A: Lonestar's bull and Froggy's splash dash can set off mines. Leon's slash, froggy's dash, and any attack that explodes or stuns will knock him to the ground. Once he's on the ground, go insane on him. If you have no way of knocking him out of the air, just ignore him and push another lane. He won't get any kills that way and will spend his time hovering around empty zones uselessly.

Q: Which upgrades are worth slotting in my bottom row?
Piggy Bank is terrific - allows you to get lots of early ganks if you're good, giving your team a strong head start. Solar Tree is considered not worth buying, since it takes a while to make your money on your investment and experienced teams will have won the game before then. Regen is generally not worth it, as experienced players should be constantly jumping back and forth to the jungle to net extra gold and health. Generally, go for health, walking speed, and piggy bank in your bottom row.

Q: How come I keep falling behind in levels?
There are lots of potential reasons. Firstly, make sure you're always walking around and collecting silver — it adds up. Secondly, farm the jungles nonstop, even if you don't need health — the health orbs that neutral enemies drop give you 5 gold apiece, which also really adds up. Thirdly, if you start with the Piggy Bank upgrade, you'll instantly shoot up to almost level 3. Finally, you shouldn't worry about levels much in this game anyways - Being 2 levels behind only means you're 200 gold behind, which means almost nothing.

Q: Is this peer-to-peer?
Yes, sorry!! Fortunately the netcode isn't bad, and if the host disconnects the game migrates to a new host.

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 22, 2012

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Heh, I remember seeing this at Eurogamer a year or so ago, and when I asked the onhand dev about a PC port (at the time, it was being presented on a PC but with a xbox controller, and all the promo stuff said XBLA), he said there were no plans. Glad to see they got round to it.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
In case you missed it in the other thread, here is TB's WTF of the PC version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzhBEPsgQQw

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm jealous of the PC version's skill-shop UI, in the console version it doesn't ever really tell you what kind of numbers the different bonuses tweak.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Conot posted:

Heh, I remember seeing this at Eurogamer a year or so ago, and when I asked the onhand dev about a PC port (at the time, it was being presented on a PC but with a xbox controller, and all the promo stuff said XBLA), he said there were no plans. Glad to see they got round to it.

Ronimo is acting like "You Guys Asked For It On PC, So Here It Is!" But the truth is that it didn't sell well on consoles. Hardcore MOBA fans won't give it a chance because of the cartoon graphics and because Dota2 exists... also, most MOBA fans are on the PC. And then the casuals who downloaded the demo because of the cartoon graphics are turned off because of the tough, competitive nature of MOBAs. It's a hard sell.

Berk Berkly posted:

In case you missed it in the other thread, here is TB's WTF of the PC version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzhBEPsgQQw

I purposely didn't post this because his framerate is garbage and makes the game look bad. Makes me wonder what PC he's using - Awesomenauts runs smooth as butter on the totally average, mid-range Sony laptop in our apartment.

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 29, 2012

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
I didn't buy this purely because it wasn't on PC and XBLA games lose their multiplayer community after two weeks. I'm in!

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
I've been playing Awesomenauts on the PS3 since launch and have loved it. I just got the PC beta and it really looks fantastic. The UI especially is a vast improvement.

For me, it's been a pretty big learning curve adapting to the PC version. I play as Clunk 95% of the time and it's hard adjusting to the 'aim wherever you want' mechanic on the PC. Don't get me wrong--that function is great, I've just found that I'll actually miss creeps sometimes because I'm so used to aiming to the right or left and hitting them no prob on the PS3. On the PC, you really do shoot wherever the mouse is, and I actually miss them sometimes! Also, I might be facing in one direction and decide to use 'bite' but mistakenly bite in the other direction because my mouse was there. I'm really not used to that since on the console, if I'm facing a direction, I'll attack in that direction no matter what.

Anyway, this is just me bitching about my own shortcoming with the PC version when really I loving love this game, it rocks, I'll play it till I die and so should you.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Polo-Rican posted:

I purposely didn't post it because his framerate is garbage and makes the game look bad. Makes me wonder what PC he's using - Awesomenauts runs smooth as butter on the totally average, mid-range Sony laptop in our apartment.

Not sure specifically but he has mentioned he has quite a beefy rig with a GTX680 and ridiculous amounts of RAM. I would assume a higher end i7 core as well since he does so much video editing/production.

I don't really notice too much issue with the frame-rate on the video. TB's enthusiasm was pretty contagious and I cheered a little when he got his first kill.

Regardless, it looks excessively fun and I can't wait for Wednesday.

Berk Berkly fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 29, 2012

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
This game owns, the only thing that kept me from it was the obnoxious XBL community. I'm gonna be all over this poo poo come Wednesday.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

miscellaneous14 posted:

This game owns, the only thing that kept me from it was the obnoxious XBL community. I'm gonna be all over this poo poo come Wednesday.
This makes no sense; you never bought a game because the people you never interacted with in-game (since you never played it,) would be terrible? I met only one annoying pubby and I've played easily 20-30 hours of this game, probably half-again or twice that. I guess I'm glad I never had to deal with your insufferable self, at least! :D

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

coyo7e posted:

This makes no sense; you never bought a game because the people you never interacted with in-game (since you never played it,) would be terrible? I met only one annoying pubby and I've played easily 20-30 hours of this game, probably half-again or twice that. I guess I'm glad I never had to deal with your insufferable self, at least! :D

No, I bought the game and played quite a bit of it, but couldn't compel myself to keep playing for whatever reason (I think my Gold subscription ran out around that time). I came back a while later and the only ones left were the really annoying ones; the last game I played was with some dude called "iheartchainsaw" who kept screaming at me because I wasn't hitting literally every shot 100% of the time.

Not trying to blanket-judge you here, I just have a tendency to fall into games with people like that guy, and it really kills my motivation to keep playing. v:shobon:v

Orv
May 4, 2011
Should we get a Steam group up for this? My experience so far has been somewhat dismal as I got matched with a few people who were utterly clueless but I would hope (hahaa) goon teams might alleviate that.

E: Look at that. Here one is.

Going to leave it open for the foreseeable future, maybe close it in a week or two. Anyone who wants to schedule events let me know and I'll give you admin.

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 29, 2012

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

miscellaneous14 posted:

No, I bought the game and played quite a bit of it, but couldn't compel myself to keep playing for whatever reason (I think my Gold subscription ran out around that time). I came back a while later and the only ones left were the really annoying ones; the last game I played was with some dude called "iheartchainsaw" who kept screaming at me because I wasn't hitting literally every shot 100% of the time.

Not trying to blanket-judge you here, I just have a tendency to fall into games with people like that guy, and it really kills my motivation to keep playing. v:shobon:v
No worries, sorry to make assumptions; I've bumped into tons of goons who constantly harp about the "terrible playerbase" on xbox live however, after playing with them online, they're generally the kind of person I end up blocking or at least avoiding the majority of the time.

"Everybody's terrible," falls in the same category as, "gently caress, my life is boring!" to me - both are nobody's responsibility except the person making the complaint, in my experience. :(

igtenos55
Jun 14, 2001

Has Ronimo announced a price for the PC version yet? I'd assume $10 but with the release on Wednesday and still no price on Steam, it's just making me wonder. I've been playing the beta though and having a lot of fun, though I feel Coco does a bit too much damage.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Orv posted:

Should we get a Steam group up for this? My experience so far has been somewhat dismal as I got matched with a few people who were utterly clueless but I would hope (hahaa) goon teams might alleviate that.

E: Look at that. Here one is.

Going to leave it open for the foreseeable future, maybe close it in a week or two. Anyone who wants to schedule events let me know and I'll give you admin.

I'll have to try to play with goons at some point because I can't tell if this game has borderline broken netcode or if it's just really awful at picking hosts.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Are there bots so I can practice in offline mod?

igtenos55
Jun 14, 2001

Fishmonkey posted:

Yes there are.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Fishmonkey posted:

Yes. Opposing bots will mirror match the characters on your team in ALL game modes, until a player joins - they won't change class mid-match until someone ragequits and is replaced.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
So if I'm understanding this right, they've implemented a new control system where you can aim in any direction while moving in any direction? It sounds really interesting, but I'm worried it might cause balance issues in the same way that Monday Night Combat did when it got ported to PC.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

miscellaneous14 posted:

So if I'm understanding this right, they've implemented a new control system where you can aim in any direction while moving in any direction? It sounds really interesting, but I'm worried it might cause balance issues in the same way that Monday Night Combat did when it got ported to PC.

Kinda, not not quiiiite... If you're running left and have your cursor to your right, every time you attack your character will pop around for a split second, which stops your running speed. So you can't exactly run in one direction while shooting in another.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Yes, besides, constantly firing slows down your movement speed no matter which direction you aim.

Aug
Sep 8, 2004

Got Smuff?
gently caress the healer/artillery setup. It's dumb, overused, and loving boring to fight against. And gently caress watching some team pick their guys, and then drop&invite to repick their team mid-fight.

The balance in this so terrible. They need to flat out remove the artillary guy. He's ridiculously broken.

An artillary shot that hits and damages through walls and also tracks people. It can be fired point blank for extra rage-quitting action.

I'm sorry, I'd rather fight against bots than deal with the loving repicks mid-game.

Oh and don't forget that the artillery guy can set up and shoot behind himself without having to face the loving direction.

Aug fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 29, 2012

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I imagine it'll be a lot easier for them to manage balance issues like that on the PC platform.

Didn't Monday Night Combat work out some deal with Microsoft where they could put out micro-patches without having to pay their exorbitant submission fee? I can't imagine it would have been difficult to set up for this game.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
The artillary guy, Derpl has already been nerfed big time in the PC beta. I wouldn't say he's fixed but, definately not so OP anymore. This is why the PC version rocks, they can update it frequently and quickly.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That said, I think drop-in/drop-out DotA is a terrible, terrible idea.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

miscellaneous14 posted:

I imagine it'll be a lot easier for them to manage balance issues like that on the PC platform.

Didn't Monday Night Combat work out some deal with Microsoft where they could put out micro-patches without having to pay their exorbitant submission fee? I can't imagine it would have been difficult to set up for this game.

They actually just bypassed it entirely by having the game sync what amounted to a .txt file full of values for weapon damage, rate of fire, player health, skill recharges, etc with the multiplayer servers every time you went into online play. It was pretty clever! And very minimal on bandwidth. Though when they added new maps and stuff they had to do real patches for that.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Orv posted:

It's not a bad idea for people playing solo games with pubbies. After playing tons of DOTA back in the day, where 2/3 of my games would end with one of the teams disconnecting one-by-one, I welcome a drop-in system like the one Awesomenauts has.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Aug posted:

I'm sorry, I'd rather fight against bots than deal with the loving repicks mid-game.
Doesn't really happen on console.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

:siren: Game is out today!! Too bad nobody on earth cares about Awesomenauts except for me, apparently!!

Only $10.00!

edit: Whoops turns out it's not out for a few hours.

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 1, 2012

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

coyo7e posted:

I'm jealous of the PC version's skill-shop UI, in the console version it doesn't ever really tell you what kind of numbers the different bonuses tweak.

I believe if you hit Y while over a skill in the shop it will scroll through details.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Polo-Rican posted:

:siren: Game is out!! Too bad nobody on earth cares about Awesomenauts except for me, apparently!!

Only $10.00!

Not out for me yet, but I'm pretty pumped for the game. It's going to be released on Gamersgate also ($8.50 with IGN discount)

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Polo-Rican posted:

:siren: Game is out!! Too bad nobody on earth cares about Awesomenauts except for me, apparently!!

Only $10.00!

It's not out yet on Steam, therefore most people don't care.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
With a game this niche I'm surprised it they didn't go free to play. Still, :10bux: isn't bad at all for a game this fun, though I worry about it retaining a functional player base if it doesn't take off in a big way.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
It's now officially up at $10. The 3-pack is available for $20, so that seems like a good deal.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
If an US buyer is going for a 3pack I'd be in, can pay via paypal.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I'm really liking the quality of this port, other than the weird latency issues. They've done a really great job with it.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Is this game still peer-to-peer?

igtenos55
Jun 14, 2001

Kill All Humans posted:

Is this game still peer-to-peer?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Orv posted:

It was in Monday Night Combat. People would ragequit so fast when they were losing so it would suddenly be 2v5 five minutes in. I don't really get why people quit so fast anyway, because MNC matches had a hard time limit of like 15-20 minutes anyway thanks to sudden death. There was no penalty for leaving, and by the time other people joined to fill in the empty slots on your team, the other team was already camping your base and killing you the instant you came out.

• Locked thread