Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

miscellaneous14 posted:

I imagine it'll be a lot easier for them to manage balance issues like that on the PC platform.

Didn't Monday Night Combat work out some deal with Microsoft where they could put out micro-patches without having to pay their exorbitant submission fee? I can't imagine it would have been difficult to set up for this game.

They actually just bypassed it entirely by having the game sync what amounted to a .txt file full of values for weapon damage, rate of fire, player health, skill recharges, etc with the multiplayer servers every time you went into online play. It was pretty clever! And very minimal on bandwidth. Though when they added new maps and stuff they had to do real patches for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This scratches a weird itch I didn't know I had. Lots of fun- takes the parts of MOBA games that I enjoy and gets rid of all the annoying, confusing bits. And has some style, aw yeah. Definitely picking this up.

It really needs voice chat though! I feel really disconnected from my teammates without that, and with a game that relies on teamwork as much as this does at times you really want that sort of thing around.

Also Froggy G is a ton of fun. Dashing in and out and jumping all crazy high is pretty satisfying.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I feel like the matchmaking is doing a poor job with me, either dropping me into games against players far more experienced than I am or throwing me up against complete newbies that don't stand a chance. Is this normal for a while? Will the matchmaking work better for me once I've played more matches overall and am sorted a bit more finely or is this just going to be my experience with the game?

I'm having a lot of fun, though, when it's not horribly frustrating.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Jesto posted:

I don't suppose a 'True Random Queue' is coming in the custom games addition as well?

Just a mode that absolutely, positively ensures you'll never run into a premade team and just fight against randomly bunched people?

That kind of queue splitting is what ended up killing SMNC, I'd hope they don't pursue that route.

• Locked thread