Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
I've been playing Awesomenauts on the PS3 since launch and have loved it. I just got the PC beta and it really looks fantastic. The UI especially is a vast improvement.

For me, it's been a pretty big learning curve adapting to the PC version. I play as Clunk 95% of the time and it's hard adjusting to the 'aim wherever you want' mechanic on the PC. Don't get me wrong--that function is great, I've just found that I'll actually miss creeps sometimes because I'm so used to aiming to the right or left and hitting them no prob on the PS3. On the PC, you really do shoot wherever the mouse is, and I actually miss them sometimes! Also, I might be facing in one direction and decide to use 'bite' but mistakenly bite in the other direction because my mouse was there. I'm really not used to that since on the console, if I'm facing a direction, I'll attack in that direction no matter what.

Anyway, this is just me bitching about my own shortcoming with the PC version when really I loving love this game, it rocks, I'll play it till I die and so should you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
The artillary guy, Derpl has already been nerfed big time in the PC beta. I wouldn't say he's fixed but, definately not so OP anymore. This is why the PC version rocks, they can update it frequently and quickly.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

Kikka posted:

Clunk is the best. Eat people everyday. Also gently caress players who are good with stealth characters.

I too loving love Clunk, I've been playing him since the game came out on PS3 a while back.

Nothing beats exploding on the opposite team when they're all grouped together. Happens a lot on the 404 station map. Even better if you stun-bite them first so they CAN'T ESCAPE.

Also, this taunt from Clunk gets me every time: "Activating derogatory statement"

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

Kikka posted:

That said, some thoughts:

1. Three players is not very good for a multiplayer team experience.
2. Leon and Lonestar need nerfs.

I agree, it would be fun if they made a huge map for maybe a 5v5 or more. This would also really help out teams in case one side gets one lovely player who brings the whole team down. In a 3v3, it's terrible, but at least in a 5v5 it won't matter as much.

Believe it or not, but Leon and Lonestar already got nerfs from the console versions. Leon used to be able to take on turrets no problem by making a ton of clones of himself. Now, the clones do minimal damage to turrets.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
If anyone cares, I've come up with some good Clunk Tips after playing him 95% of the time on the console + now PC. I'm by no means the best player, but this might help some of you fresh nubs to the game:

• Always buy "Multi hose" on the map 404 Station. There will always be a ton of enemies on this map to bite which means more damage done to them and more health for you.

• The most common (and fun) strategy is Bite (with "Screamer engine" upgrade) to stun and explode right afterwards. They'll be stuck while you have the time to start exploding. Great fun.

• In fact, the "Screamer engine" upgrade is always worth it and usually a great upgrade to get early game. Helps too if someone is chasing your slow rear end and you need to get out of there, just bite-stun them.

• Playing as Clunk, it's really great to stick around fellow teammates who stun a lot. Wait for them to stun an enemy and jump right in for the explode. Teamwork!!!

• Inversely, be mindful of teammate Lonestars who don't know what they're doing. A poo poo-Lonestar might use his bull ALL OF THE TIME which no one should be doing. You might be relying on biting a couple of baddies to get health only to have them pushed away by the rear end in a top hat Lonestar. Thankfully in the PC version, you can actually chat with the poo poo player to knock if off!

• Clunk is big and you can effectively roadblock people into getting stuck somewhere they don't want to be. See someone pushing your turret? Get them between you and the turret and make sure they can't leave. Jump, bite, whatever. I've been on the receiving end of this and it's the worst.

• Health is your ammo, keep it stocked! Buy health upgrades to increase your health bar, buy upgrades to your bite to gain more heath. In doing so, you can be sure you're set to safely explode any time.

• Edit: Something I didn't learn until not too long ago: If you upgrade the damage of your explode, it will not only increase the damage done to others but, it will also increase the damage done to yourself too. I've seen nub Clunks explode with what they probably think is enough health to survive with, when really it's not after upgrading. Don't go dying on me, Clunks.

• Edit Edit Part II: If you are blessed with a Voltar who has decided to make it his job to heal you, protect that 3-eyed-brain-jar-man. Make sure you're in the line of fire, not him. If he's being chased by an enemy, go after that enemy, stun him, whatever. This, of course, all relies on whether or not your Voltar actually knows what he's doing.

Apple Jax fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 2, 2012

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

AxeManiac posted:

That is a bummer, I'm enjoying the game so far, but really would like a change of scenery.

In fairness to Ronimo, the 3 levels they did make are loving beautiful.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
Here's a thing I made:

Enjoy.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
Anyone know specifics of what they're nerfing with Leon?

On the PC I haven't found him terribly OP, he's an assassin character and meant to do a lot of damage. What I hope they do instead of just nerf his damage is make his health bar even smaller. Make him easier to kill and force Leon players to play more cautiously.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

teknologik posted:

Kind of wondering why they didn't op for a f2p game with purchasing of characters like LoL though.

I've been hearing this a lot and I don't get why anyone is against spending :10bux: for a full game rather than spend small amounts along the way to get the full game bit by bit.

If it's simply to have a larger player base, I can understand that. But, $10 isn't that much to deter someone who might be vaguely interested in the game and I don't think the amount of players is suffering from it.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

IcePhoenix posted:

Can other people hear your music when you go on a killing spree or is it just your local?

Nah, you just hear your own theme music, unfortunately. I was disappointed when I learned this, everyone should be forced to hear your song after your killing spree.

Apple Jax fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 7, 2012

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
Polo-Rican and I were creeeaaaming the other team and their Leon says:

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

FrickenMoron posted:

Clunk can no longer bite upgrade his hp but gains a much more efficient healing.

I'm very excited for this since I rarely used the upgrade-your-health-bite anyway.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

victorious posted:

I just saw this thread randomly today and picked the game up. It's fun! What's the stat on the far right at the end of the game? Is that your ping relative to the other players or something? Also Lonestar is ridiculous. Spam bulls all day and push, push push...

Yup, the # to the far right is your ping.

Also, while spamming your bull sounds like a good idea, it actually isn't. Sometimes everyone is in close quarters and say maybe a Clunk on your team decides to explode on the enemy. If you're just spamming your bull, it'll push everyone away.

Use the bull wisely! Please, PLEASE. I wish I could tell all Lonestars that.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
It was mentioned a few posts back, but the community for Awesomenauts (on PC) is some sort of bizzaro internet community. I've encountered NICE people. People who congratulate me on my kills and generally communicate in a civil manner without mentioning or commenting on my mother once and almost always say "gg" at the end. What is going on here?

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
Romino just posted this to their facebook page:

Looks like different skins/costumes for the characters. I wonder if it'll be free or if it'll be micro-payments or something.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

miscellaneous14 posted:

It looks like they added the costume DLC they've been hinting at.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/16795/

The costumes are pretty lame. Yuri's isn't bad since it's just an alternate on his normal look. But the others are really lovely. Gnaw as a bee? Voltar with a disco head? Both of those are just lazy. Besides not making any sense it doesn't mesh with the rest of the game. Also, what is Froggy's even supposed to be?

Why they're spending the time on that and not a new map or hero is a little confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
Also, they supposedly added a new platform to the 404 Station map and fixed the lovely AI for the flying bots. I'm curious about what changed.

• Locked thread