Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The entry on evolution is one sentence long: The Celestials did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
For most of this Tabby had been absent, having gone back to her room to presumably put away her files and get stuff ready for the next school day. But she returns quickly enough to hear the various bitchings of her Blue girls.

"You won't be getting too much homework from my class at least, so count yourselves lucky on that." Tabby tells her girls, leaning on the kitchen bench-top and sipping from her glass of water. "We're mostly going to have in class discussions and talk things though. Maybe debate subject if they get heated enough."

She takes another sip. "And I heard Emma saying something about a doctor so I think that shed is just a stopgap until everything gets settled." She waits a beat, looking at Sarah's leg. "I hope. Are you sure that's okay? I could take a look at it if you'd want. You pick up more than a little first aid when you fight off cops and capes for a living." She offers to Sarah. "You'd think she'd put more effort on getting everything ready for you guys rather than landscaping the grounds." Tabby notes with a hint of annoyance, shrugging.

Flicking to the biology section of their science textbooks, there is indeed no mention of intelligent design. And there is also indeed a small boxed section to one side under evolution.

quote:

While this does not invalidate the scientific discoveries relating to evolution and the causes behind it, the base cause of it all are the Celestials. One of these Celestials in particular, the Dreaming Celestial, is thought to have influenced human development over a period of millennia. It is currently standing over San Francisco for unknown reasons.

1HP for bie for that!

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

Sarah shrugs. "Sure, knock yourself out. Least you'd be trying - not like Ms. Frost can be expected to spend money on important things like proper health care, not when there's giant rooms full of lasers to build."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
"To be fair I think Val just built that on her own." Tabby shrugs, putting her drink down and getting Sarah to put her leg up on the coffee table. The big red bandage wasn't exactly subtle, so Tabby gets to it lickty quick. She puts her hand over it and then the bandage just slides off Sarah's leg and falls away. "This is why it pays to shave your legs." She half smiles at Sarah. "Not everyone just makes adhesive stop… well, adhesiving."

But with the bandage off everybody could now see her leg. Which looked… fine? It was still quite red and looked sore, but the burn wound was gone an the numbness Sarah still felt kept it from aching or anything. "Well." Tabby puts a hand on the table and pushes herself back up. "Might put an ice pack on it or something, but it doesn't look too bad at all."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

"Does nobody have any control over her? Because she seems pretty..." Crystal gestures near her temple, indicating crazy. She makes a winces and a look towards Sarah. "Got some hair in a wound of mine, once, fell off a horse. Not fun. Had to get it redone and sutured and stuff. Small favor I don't havetah worry about that again," she says. Crystal slaps her books and bangs her head against them. "Done!" she declares. "I'm gonna go get some sleep, girls," she says, getting up from the table and gathering her things.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

"Yeah, she's definitely got a screw or two loose." Sarah frowns at her newly healed leg. "Cheers Tabby. Guess I can't fault her bandaids though." She flexes her leg slightly.

"See you in the morning." Spurred on by her own desire to get some shut-eye, Sarah puts down her book and pulls out her homework. Time to see how much she actually remembered...

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Tara

"I still think you should have tried the spider venom. Assuming you're not allergic it could have maybe possibly worked, kind of."

Banking my PP until I can figure out what to do with it. Maybe Create Spiderweb

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

"It's not that I don't appreciate the offer, it's just..." Sarah waves a hand in an uncertain manner. "Venom. I mean, that's usually a bad thing. And at the time, I wasn't really trusting this place to have antivenom on hand, you know? Just more lasers."

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna

Cracking her notebooks, Anna glances down at the, ah, chicken scratch homework reminders scrawled at the top of a page.

Math - Every other question in chapter 1.
Science - Read ch 1+2, q 3, 7, 8, 14 in ch 1.

Oh, gods.

Due for next wk.

Okay, that's not as bad. There's no way she'd chew through all of those math questions in one night. Anna grabs her math textbook and counts the number of exercises, then divides them by five for the weekdays. The result is still more than she'd like to tackle a night, but that's Math since homework became a thing. Best to get a start on it, so she can ask questions in class when something doesn't work. Science will be easier. Tonight, that's just some reading. It's not lit, but that'd just make things more complicated right now.

"Night, Crystal," Anna calls, looking up from checking one of her answers against the key in the back of the book. That one was right, at least. Go her!

---
And go mie! Addinge the HP to my sheet. :)

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
"I'm not a doctor, but that sounds like a bad idea." Tabby taps Tara on the shoulder and tells her. "Anything in the 'fighting fire with fire' school of thought never works out the way you want it to." Taking a deeper swill of her drink, Tabby heads towards her room. "Don't stay up too late, girls. G'night."

There was homework to do, and books to read, music to listen to, rooms to lock yourself in and general chatting and rumour mongering to get to. But by the early hours of the morning the dormitories had fallen silent in slumber, and the school had survived its first day. Just a whole semester left to go and this experiment might be called a success.

TUESDAY

PERIOD 3

PHYS ED

Having gym after the other two morning classes seemed to make more sense. You could use some lunch time to take a shower and change without having to rush to next class. Now, if only gym wasn't run by Blunt Trauma it might be a pleasurable experience.

Class started exactly like Ms. Sanders said on Monday. Five laps around the gym, twenty push-ups, and thirty sit-ups. It's not one lick easier than Monday, but Blue House get through it again. Gold House do as well, despite Kristin getting warned with a death stare bad enough to stop the Hulk in his tracks about using her stretchiness during the sit-ups.

But unlike Monday, they move right into the next activity this time. Which was some basketball. "You all know the rules." Ms. Sanders declares, getting a classic orange B'Ball from the ball bin. "Five a side, and full court. I'm not interested in who wins, just to see where you are athletically." She sets out clearly.

"Michelle, sit out." She calls to the space case, which was probably for the best all things considered. "Patricia, sit out." She equals it out on the Blues. Which was also probably for the best, because seriously she's pretty tiny. Also she was sweating like nothing else, and pools of multicoloured sweat on court might be downright dangerous

The match starts off almost normally, and stays that way as Ms. Sanders' warning about keeping powers out of her class rings clearly in their heads. The game wasn't going to set the world on fire, most of the girls couldn't shoot to save their lives. Crystal, being the sporty Blue, isn't too bad overall. And on the other side Tara seems almost decent. Rosa flinching and having the ball pass through her every time she gets a pass gets her shouted at by Blunt Trauma, but the match goes on about as well as a force high school basketball match would.

But then it happens.

The pass to Tara is a little high, and she jumps to grab it. But her footing coming down is all wrong. She trips, she falls, she crashes down on the court. The wooden floor stands no chance against her, and cracks under her weight and strength. As her head rebounds off the floor her hair slices up the court even more, sending splinters and debris flying everywhere. A deep gash now covers almost half the basketball court, with the metallic Tara right in the middle of it.

Ms. Sanders begins to walk very slowly, very deliberately from the sidelines towards the mess. And she looks outright mad.

A No way was that fair, it's not Tara's fault she fell. Or that her body cut up the court. Speak up for her!
B No way was that fair, but Tara did wreck the basketball court. Out in the real world something worse might have even happened, and she needs to learn about her new body. Plus Blunt Trauma is scary. Let's just keep our mouths shut.
C That was fair, Tara trashed the whole drat court. And agreeing with the teacher might get us some bonus TV points! Let's lay on the blame.

Okay team, great job so far. This is the first time the Frost franchise has gotten this far, so everybody take 2pp! Record on your sheets as usual. Staggy, if at any point you want to start inventing you'll need to complete the design stage and gather the parts you need. Which may or may not be found in Ratbots. At the end of the day / week you can spend them to increase your stats, or for a hero point you can do it in the middle of a live scene to bust out a crazy secondary mutation or whatever.

I've decided that to fill the rest of the week, as there will be a proper event on the friday, we will have little sort of CYOA sections for the rest of the days in the week. I'll give you the situation then a list of options to react to it. You can either just vote on that or write a post that says your vote, which would influence stuff too. Simple majority wins. But, for the cost of a hero point and a suitably awesome post, you can sieze the vote and declare which option/s is/are going to happen. For things that your kid would be doing or want to do across the week, just go a head and say that and it'll happen, no biggie.

This is a bit of an experiment so I hope it turns out fun for everybody involved!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna

The laps and the situps stink, and she loses a few feathers to the latter again, but basketball is kind of fun. It's a bit awkward having to be careful of her nails, and once she almost tries to catch it with a wing, but it's generally kind of fun. Until it's not.

Realization comes early, but still too late, a twist of fate that twists an ankle and leads to... it's almost like a cartoon earthquake opening the ground underneath Gold Tara, or someone using a garden weasel as a cue stick. Tara's definitely behind the eight ball, too, with Blunt Trauma bearing down on her, and the shittiest thing is...

"It wasn't her fault."

A moment passes as Anna realizes that yes, that was her voice.

"Ma'am," she adds.

Then she plunges on. Gotta keep waving the red cape to keep the bull's attention.

"It was an accident! She tripped and fell. It could have happened to any of us. And if it happened anywhere else... there are weights in the other room I bet the Hulk couldn't lift, and the other classrooms are all reinforced, even though nobody's expecting us to do more than sit down hard there, but the gym floor breaks when somebody trips? That's stupid!"

"And it's still not her fault, because who would think it could happen in a place that's supposed to be safe enough for us and from us to teach us how to use our powers. And if we have to worry about tripping and falling and wrecking everything there..."

Anna shakes her head, lips pursed, eyebrows knotted with frustration.

"And Ma'am, I'm not trying to sass or throw anything in your face, but you were the one who told us we had to look out for each other and for our fellow mutants. I'm just trying to do that now."

---
Whee! Votin' A, addin' 2 pp to the sheet.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

A whole semester left to go? It's gonna be a long, long semester.

Tuesday. The forgotten day. It doesn't have the shock value of Monday, the fun of the weekend, or the good television of Thursday. Nope, Tuesday's a day for settling in and getting about things. Which is, rather to Crystal's surprise, starting to come about. She manages not to get lost on her way to any classes and, more importantly, goes to greet third-period gym with some actual excitement.

"Pass it!" she calls.

A flail of her arms. "No! Ugh! Traveling!" she protests, getting only a whistle for her effort.

"What the hell!?" Crystal exclaims, as Gold Tara hits the deck and rips up the court in the process. "Tara, you okay?" Crystal asks. As the closest blue, she's quickly at Gold Tara's side. "Kristin," Tara says, waving to the closest gold, "Here, help me get her up." She tugs on Gold Tara to try to get her back on her feet. Anna goes all rant on Blunt Trauma, leaving Crystal to slide in second speaking up for her fellow inorganic mutant.

"Seriously! People fall during basketball, not even when they're getting checked!" she exclaims.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

Situps and pushups and laps oh my! Blunt Trauma hadn't been kidding about the work - it wasn't impossible, but man was it hard! The basketball was more fun, even if it was still hard work. Nothing wrong with a bit of B'Ball before lunch to work up an appetite.

Of course once Tara goes down all thoughts of lunch vanish. The fall was brutal - even without the sound of wood tearing and cracking, the cloud of splinters made things pretty hazy and unclear for a few moments. Luckily Crystal got in there almost at once - getting sliced up trying to help Tara up didn't sound lit would make things any better. And Sarah still didn't trust Dr. Shed.

"You ok girl?" Sarah squats down to eye level, her voice full of concern. "You look like you hit your head pretty hard - how many fingers am I holding up?"* That was how you checked for concussion, as far as she could remember. In movies, anyway.

"Yeah Ms. Sanders," she calls over her shoulder, "can you forget about some stupid court floor for a moment?"

*Three fingers. The answer is three fingers.
Voting A. And banking the PP for now - will probably put one into Inventing at the end of the day.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rickie

On the sidelines, Rickie "chats" with Michelle. It's mostly the artist talking, and considerably more visual than the majority of conversations, even for her. She seems to be under the impression Michelle responds more favorably to images. At one point anyone watching might think she's playing Robot Unicorn Attack.

The crash disrupts her attention, rendering a forest scene into a pea-soup-green fog drifting towards the floor. She's on her feet almost before Tara stops skidding, holding a hand back for Michelle to pull herself up with. Regardless of the space case's reaction, Rickie jogs over to the crash site to lend her own support to the girl who is probably made of adamantium. The others have the verbal portion of the objection well in hand, so Rickie just gives Trauma her best puppy-dog eyes.

---

Voting A, banking the PP.

Persuasion +11 if it matters.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
The last of the Blues and all the Golds pretty much stands still, stunned. Except Michelle, who looked positively delighted as she chatted* with Rickie. When the painter throws back her hand, Michelle takes it and follows behind her as they jog over to the crash site. Kristin does as she is told, and rushes over to help Crystal get Tara up.

Between the two of them, they manage to haul Tara to her knees. But she was extremely heavy, and even Crystal was feeling it as they sweat getting her back to her feet. At least neither of them hurt themselves on the metal girl, who other than looking super dazed didn't seem hurt at all. "Buh…" Is all she says to Sarah to begin with, but after taking a few moments, she says actual words. "Th- three." She tells Sarah's fingers. "I think I'm okay." She says, still unsteady on her feet. And head and hair covered in splinters. And her clothes torn and ripped by the sharp wood.

"I know." She tells the concerned Blues and Golds in a cold and collected tone, silencing the cacophony of complaints and pleadings coming at her. "This isn't gymnastics, she's not in trouble for falling over. This entire gym is supposed to be reinforced so that this can't happen. Like I asked for when this school was being built." Her voice begins to rise and break through with what is clear anger bubbling just below the surface.

"Five points each house for camaraderie." She growls, making for the exit. "Hit the showers, class is over." Blunt Trauma tells her class as she storms out of the building. Tall, proud, and in costume; both houses get some impression of what it must've been like to face her down when she was still a villain. Heavens help whomever she was stomping towards.

With Ms. Sanders' intimidating presence gone, the Golds begin to snap back into action and hurry over to their Tara. Who was extremely unsteady on her feet still. "Thanks for saying that, guys." Kirsten tells them, her big red eyes showing that she really meant it. "Seriously." Kristin agrees, trying to hold up Tara but struggling. Michelle was still holding Rickie's hand.

*Their chat was totally one way, with Rickie doing all the talking. But Michelle was more engaged with the vivid painted pictures and visual style than anybody had seen from her before. She was nodding in agreement and understanding and reaching out and playing with the paint in reply to what Rickie was saying. She didn't say much, but it was the deepest conversation any of the girls had managed with her so far.

4/6 voted A, which means democracy wins! Your prizes include Blue House and Gold House being pretty tight, and Rickie and Michelle being pretty tight personally!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna

Crisis... rerouted? Ms. Sanders is still angry enough to tie a train in a knot, but at least it doesn't look like she's going to take it out on any of the students now. Anna watches her leave, and flicks her gaze back to meet Kirsten's red eyes.

"Welcome," she offers, before looking over to Gold Tara. What's the medical shack going to spit out for her, a flurry of bandages to slap on her head, legs, and wherever else it hurts?

"I think Ms. Sanders should have checked her office for brown M&Ms," she mutters.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

"Dang, Tara," Crystal says, as she works to haul the Gold back to her feet. "You've got it rough." Compared to her, Gold Tara's incredibly dense. Is she actually solid metal? Huh. Good thing it's not precious or she'd have goldbugs chasing her. "You played pretty good," Crystal adds.

"Go us?" Crystal says with some concern, stepping in with the rest of Blue House. "Guess it's good we don't just need to wail on each other," she speculates. "Wonder who'll have a black eye tomorrow," she asks, a bit of a smirk on her face.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

"It's Ms. Sanders." Sarah rolls her eyes. "Whoever's on the receiving end of that is going to be lucky to have a head left tomorrow, let alone a black eye. Still..." She kicks a shard of wood absentmindedly. "Least she got upset for a good reason. This place does seem a bit flimsy now..."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
"Thanks." Gold Tara manages to crack a smile. For the moment the crisis was over, and both houses went to get changed and head over for lunch.

Lunch goes like normal, this time it was sandwiches of every kind imaginable. Ms Sanders was nowhere to be seen here, though. Neither was the headmistress for that matter. But there weren't any bad rumblings around the room as everybody ate, so it couldn't mean anything that bad. Right?

The classes after lunch go about as well as they did on the monday. Powers was a lot more sedate, with both houses being pit up against a hoard of robots. Again. Sarah can hear them again, and they all sound very depressed as they try to kill all the girls. Again.

Orange House looked like they were already pros with their powers, they were just going about robot smashing without even needing to chat about it.

Kimmy was just crash tackling into the bots, and blowing them up doing it. Jacquita was doing much the same, but was running around super fast while doing it.

Willie was jumping in the way of the lasers, and firing back… stuff in return. Most of the time it was an even brighter blast of light, but a couple of times she blew out ear drums again or suddenly rose the temperature of the room by a dozen degrees.

Kaitlyn and Maddy worked together. While Kaitlyn used her tentacle fingers to wrap up a robots arms and keep it still, Maddy turned into some kind of orange-furred feral werewolf thing and clawed them to pieces. They were a pretty effective combo.

And Quadriyyah turned into a huge tree monster thing, and was wrecking bots left right and centre.

On the screens those levels are displayed again. All the Blues are still the same, but at least they get to see Orange Houses'.
pre:
Kimmy Banerjee		Beta
Jacquita Benetti	Beta
Kaitlyn Kilduff		Episilon
Willy Maier		Omega
Quadriyyah Nejem	Alpha
Maddy O'Clery		Alpha
Cecilia was taken to Ms. Frosts office for her lesson again.

Crystal is kept behind in maths again, while the others go back to the house. By the time they notice Crystal having been gone a while now, she comes back in. And looks like she has something important on her mind.

If you want to read Crystal's little adventure, have a look at this!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rickie

Powers went about as Rickie expected. Eager to avoid a repeat of yesterday, Rickie uses her powers sparingly, making a joke about triple-O brushes, which no one laughs at. Still, painting over the eyes of the robots works until the robot burns off the paint with its laser eyes. Only mildly disappointed, Rickie proceeds to get in a scenery-chewing contest with Professor Gloom.

"Gloom really needs some new material," Rickie is griping as Crystal returns to Blue House, "I was alternating between Truth, Justice, and the American Way, but Gloom basically has two talking points: Robots and lasers. You can't shoot a laser at freedom! Someone needs to introduce her to mind cont- wait, gently caress, no, bad idea, bad idea. Hey, Crys. ..." the artist does a double take. "What's up? You're in a blue period."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

Crystal looks about as dour as any of the others have seen her. Not angry, but dour and serious, hands in pockets, her step heavy and shoulders just a touch hunched. "Hey girls," she says, frowning. Her foot hooks a chair and Crystal drops into it heavily, leaning forward, hands on table. "I ran into Sam, from Red House. The lava girl," she says, trying to refresh everybody's memory. "I saw her out on the quad and...." Crystal slouches a bit more. "She's tried to kill herself," Crystal says in a faint and serious voice. "I don't want to tell the teachers," she glances furtively to ensure their house mother isn't around, "What should we do?"

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

"What can we do?" Sarah pushes her plate to one side, leaning in and lowering her voice. "We're not psychiatrists. We're not professionals. We're not trained to deal with that full stop. I mean, what if we do something and that just makes things worse?"

She glances up as a few girls walk past, then drops her gaze again.

"Ms. Frost has got to know about this already, right? I mean -" She swallows a sudden lump in her throat. "- I'm guessing that it's not exactly unheard of. Given the reasons people are in here and all. She certainly knew enough about me..."

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rickie

"Fuuuuck." Rickie's shirt goes a flat beige. "Miss Frost probably knows, yeah, but..." She lets out a breath through her teeth. "It feels like we should help, yeah? It's... it's the good thing to do. Right?"

"D'you know why she's..." She drops her voice, despite there being no one around to hear, "Suicidal? I'd guess just being a mutant, but..." Small paisley patterns jitter confusedly around her shirtsleeves, visibly indicating her distress, if not in such an obvious manner as Sam's chameleon skin.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Tara

"We could, uh..." Tara looks around, spiders twirling down from her hair. She plucks the thread, nervously letting the little house spider run from finger to finger. "I know a therapist. I mean, my therapist. He specializes in fr--people like us. Maybe we could call him and ask for help."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

Crystal tugs out a chair and takes a seat at the table, slouching forward with her elbows on the table and her chin in her hands. Doing so lets her pin Rickie in her gaze. "Because she's not human anymore. Not living. A walking, talking piece of animated c...lava. Everything's been taken away from her so..." Crystal's hands drop and hit the table with a clunk.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna

The bird-girl's feathers puff and ruffle. "Bull," she tells the tabletop, then swivels her head to regard Crystal... who is looking at Rickie.

"She's still a person. She thinks, she feels, she obviously hurts. She's alive, otherwise she wouldn't have tried to kill herself. And she's human. Everyone here is. I don't care what you bleed, or don't. The second we give that up, or it gets taken away, we're objects. Property. And that? That's bull."1

Anna presses her fingertips down on the table hard enough to make them go white. "She hasn't lost that, but say she's lost about everything else. What've we got to give her? People who'll keep an eye out for her? Who'll listen? That sounds like the best we can do, other than Tara's therapist, which I think is a good idea. I mean... you've got to be in a really scary, hosed-up place to seriously try it."

---
1Go go ranks in Theology/Philosophy!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Just a reminder that this is entirely on you guys here, so either come to a decision or leave the girl to top herself.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

"That's us!" Crystal says with a wave of her arms. "We're watching out for her. This is mere, right here, watching out for her." Crystal insists. She ughs faintly and slumps forward. "I tried to," she says, looking at Anna. "I still think about it. I just..." she shrugs. "Maybe we should to talk to Miss Frost?" Crystal suggests. Sure, she's an authority figure, but she's the headmistress and a psychic to boot. "Go right to the top, yeah?" Crystal sits up straighter. "Yeah, that's what I'll do. Let's find Sam first."

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

"Couldn't hurt. Well, I don't think it could..." Sarah shrugs. "Unless you want to go through Tabby first - 'chain of command', and all that."

As much as it irked her to admit it, even internally, this was where the 'experts' were useful. Not that they'd necessarily be much help, but at least it'd give them time to think up Plan B. Which at the moment was looking like a makeshift phone built of roborats and - if TV had taught a much younger Sarah anything - coconuts, so Sam could call up Tara's therapist.

She really hoped it didn't come to Plan B.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna

Anna cocks her head slightly, looking at Crystal. It's not quite 'deer caught in headlights', and not quite 'raptor staring inscrutably'. She frowns softly and her gaze dips.

Did she just...?

"Sorry," she says, before closing her eyes. "Hit a nerve." Or two.

"I think we should tell Tabby first. Or somebody should. We're supposed to be able to trust her, right?"

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rickie

"It, uh, it could." Rickie spreads her hands. "I'm just going off stereotypes here, but we're teenagers and convicts. Two big points against going along with authority. Could wind up pushing her further." She scratches her nose as she thinks. Her entire wardrobe brightens as she comes to a realization, a cherry tree branch blossoming across the front of her shirt.

"I've got an idea. Come on, let's go find Kristen. I'm starting the art club, and I know just who we should get for the first members."

---

The plan as Rickie envisions it:
1) Get Kristen, sell her on the art club.
2) Get Sam, sell/??? her into the art club. If she thinks Crystal blabbed, admit it, but it's only half the reason.
3) Go see Ms. Frost about the art club. If someone wishes to bring up Sam's situation privately while they're at it, well, that's an interesting development.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Tara

"You want to save her with arts and crafts?" She stares at Rickie for a minute and nods. "...I approve. We're going to need a lot of glitter."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

"I'm not sure it'll be that easy, Rickie," Crystal says.

"I....hope it'll be that easy. Okay, let's go."

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Hey all, just wanted to check in. Been busy but I think I finally have it under control. I'd love to bring Cecilia back if everyone is okay with it, but if you don't want me making GBS threads up again I totally understand.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That's what this thread's been missing! Yes please, come back. No making GBS threads, honest.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Cecilia

"Hello?"

Darkness.

"Is anybody there?"

No response.

"This isn't funny, okay?"

Cecilia frowns. She furrows her brow, trying to remember. Is she in class? Or... still asleep? Is this a dream? She glances around, trying to make sense of her surroundings.

Almost utter blackness surrounds her, and floor beneath her seems to merge into the very thick black fog. She takes a deep breath, again calling out, "Is this a test?"

A faint chuckle echoes through the air, bouncing off of nothing and spinning Cecilia in circles as she searches for the source. The sound fades, but as it did, a faint light appears in the distance. She squints her eyes... a tunnel? It seems to be getting brighter... but then it fades out and dies.

Another chuckle, this time directly behind her. Cecilia spins on her heel, holding out her arms to protect her. Instead, she meets with a strikingly familiar sight.

It's the desk. The one from her vision, with the same papers stacked high, a hopeless mess. But this time, there is somebody else in the seat... in a way.

Opening her eyes wide, Cecilia locks eyes with another Cecilia. An exact duplicate... only this one smirking at her reaction. Cecilia stammers, "Are you... me?"

Cecilia at the desk smiles, putting her pen down onto the desk. "No," she says matter-of-factly, "I'm not. I'm the Cecilia that Writes." Cecilia on her feet rocks back on her heels, as the other Cecilia continues, "And you, my dear, are the Cecilia who Rights."

Cecilia at the desk picks up the pen, returning to her papers, "One day we may be the same, dear, but today is not that day. You'll have to wake up first."

Standing Cecilia blinks, trying to process this information, "How do I... wake up?"

Cecilia at the desk laughs, "You wake up! Wake up!" Fog begins pouring into the scene, obscuring the desk. "Wake up!"

"Wake up!"

"Wake up!" Ms. Frost shouts at her from across the desk. Cecilia lifts her head suddenly, aware that she had been drifting off. In front of her, Ms. Frost had placed a piece of paper to do an assignment. The words "Wake Up" had been scrawled across the page, continuing onto the wooden desktop. Cecilia gasps in shock, dropping the pen, while Ms. Frost stands.

"In the future, Cecilia, I would appreciate if you didn't nod off during our exercises. Regardless, class is over."

Cecilia shakes her head, still drowsy from her nap, then scrambles to her feet. "Apologies, Ms. Frost. Won't happen again." She grabs her bag and bolts for the door.

As the door closes behind her, Ms. Frost smiles slyly, "Oh, I doubt that."

--

Cecilia spots her friends gathering after Powers class. She catches up just in time to hear Crystal's dilemma. She nods as the group comes to a consensus, "Yeah, I think that would be really helpful. We should at least go talk to her."

Spending a hero point to have a ~vision~ that doesn't really stick with Cecilia

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Okay, for this next scene a bit of a montage may be the best thing. They way I see it things are cut up the following way:

1) Get Kristin of Gold House on board with the art plan.

1a) Kaitlyn of Orange House is also into the arty stuff, so you might want to talk to her too.

2) Get to Samantha of Red House and talk her around into joining the art club.

3) Go to Ms. Frost and get the art club all official.

So given this, and pbp being slow, montage with all of it going along at once seems to be the best way to fun this stuff up. Divide yourselves into groups to tackle each option and lets go!

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

"I'll go talk to Miss Frost," Crystal volunteers. "Meet y'll back here in...a couple hours?" she suggests. A pause. "Be careful with Sam, whoever's talking to her. She's on edge."

And it's off to the administrative wing of the school. Crystal tries to puff herself up, build her confidence and come up with a solid plan to boot. That leads to a rap of crystalline knuckles on Miss Frost's door.

"Miss Frost?" Crystal asks.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Cecilia

Cecilia shrugs, "I can go talk to Sam. I've... been there." She says, staring down at her feet. "Rejection sucks... we need to make sure she knows we accept her, whether she's a lava ball or a human or anything in between. Plenty of people who aren't mutants are horrible assholes, and plenty of mutants are great people."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna

"I could listen," Anna offers. "I'm pretty good at convincing people, too."

"I bet she could use someone to listen, anyway."

• Locked thread