Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Honkbalers
Deck Chairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
champs retain.

Been way over 24 hours since Beet's pick, so I'm taking the bloated corpse of 1921 George Sisler (who will stay in the minors for now).Theosqua is up

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Pick em: Dogs and Deck Chairs.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
the champs are retaining

TheoSqua
Mar 23, 2020
Stick Club selects 1994 Mike Piazza with the 53rd pick of the draft.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Jampact will take 1957 Minnie Minoso

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Milan Mosquitoes have clinched the Snares Division.
The Oklahoma City Bombers have clinched the Adélie Division.

Subpar Week 25 Injury Report

Center Line Sneki Sneks
Sandy Koufax (SP) (Taking next week off) - 7 days/season

Glass Spiders
Gary Sheffield (RF) (Shattered) - 15 days/season

Horny Goats
Tex Hughson (RP) (Doing too good) - 16 days/season
Mace Brown (SP) (Oh that's not good) - 173 days/season
Deacon Phillippe (SP) (Even worse!) - 166 days/season

Krakow Dragons
Babe Adams (SP) (Sick of advanced stats) - 17 days/season

Oklahoma City Bombers
Manny Ramirez (RF) (I swear I'm not doing this on purpose) - 127 days/season

Styx Boatmen
Yogi Berra (C) (Don't remember this injury) - 16 days/season

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Pungry, plz gif Joe DiMaggio and Wil Cordero tim 2 ply plz. Billy Rogell and Lefty O'Doul kin hab de nicest ov bweaks fo' de west ov de season.

(Thanks to Smasher and Pungry both for running the SL and SPL and for the great stories. I'm gonna be out of town this weekend, so just wanted to speak up before I head out.)

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Please replace Adams with my spare Maddux, thanks Pungry.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

CirclMastr posted:

Dogs take, beavers retain

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

The San Juan Senadores de San Juan pick 1961 Don Drysdale

Replace Silver King with Don Drysdale in the SP5 spot, please

DangItBobby is up

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXXI, Week 25: Death

Pungry's Big Adventure, Part Twenty-Five posted:

ALPHA et al

A. Network! It's important for small firms to network! > Mock frankenfreak with puppets! > Flee! > Help TFLlama get to the bottom of this Riddle Joker nonsense! > Roll eyes at strange tropes in Japanese video games! > Interrogate DannoMack, using all available means! > TFLlama is right! We can go no farther! > Play video games instead of making this update longer! > Continue playing Tales of Arise! > A. Keep playing video games! > IGNORE ALL! > Apply for Pro Hac Vice admission!

There was no time to study for a bar exam! The foxes would have to apply for pro hac vice admission!

But that was not as easy as simply typing up the paperwork. No, as was the case in many jurisdictions, in order for such a motion to be proper, the foxes would have the find a member of the Evermark Bar to support the motion.

Making more worse, the foxes could only think of one such person in the vicinity, and it was not a person inclined to do frankenfreak any favors. More to the point, they were certainly not inclined to side with frankenfreak against the Marquis of Evermark. But there were no other options.

Tybalt batted around the ball, watching it dance to and fro and he hit it with his forepaws. Intellectually, he knew that there the ball only appeared to be alive, that it was not truly prey, and yet, as he watched it move, it seemed so much like a mouse or rat, some tiny animal that veered back and forth, trying to evade Tybalt's claws. In that sense, Tybalt found playing with the ball to be incredibly satisfying. What he did not find satisfying, or, more accurately, what he knew would not be satisfying, was talking with the foxes and frankenfreak, who he could hear approaching. "What?" Tybalt said, focusing on playing with the ball.

"We need your help." frankenfreak said.

"But I'm so busy!" Tybalt said. "I have to make sure that someone is playing with this ball! It's incredibly important. If the ball is left to its own devices, every universe might end."

"Really?" frankenfreak said, alarmed.

"Sure. We don't know that won't happen. And we'd better not risk it." Tybalt said, pawing at the ball once again. "Could be dangerous."

"I need an attorney." frankenfreak said.

"I think the foxes count as one attorney if you add them together." Tybalt said. The foxes didn't care for the way he had said that, even if it was an accurate assessment. "So, there you go."

"I need an attorney licensed in Evermark to get him in." frankenfreak said.

Tybalt stopped for a second and looked at frankenfreak, "Is this about the Marquis' lawsuit?"

"Yes." frankenfreak admitted.

"I'm definitely not going to cross him on that one." Tybalt said. "If he wants someone dead, I'm not going to, as they say, get between the dragon and his wrath."

The foxes rolled their eyes. That was a line originally spoken by the title character in King Lear, and was said in the context of showing the king's lack of perspective and wisdom regarding his relationships with the loyal members of his court. "What if I were to tell you that habeasdorkus has come onto the case as counsel for the Plaintiff."

"drat it." There were few things that could motivate Tybalt, Prince of Cats, to help frankenfreak, but that happened to be one of them. "Then I guess we're doing this."

"Motion to Admit [i posted:

Pro Hac Vice[/i]"]

IN THE HIGH COURT OF EVERMARK
ASSIZE OF FALL - LINTON

THE MARQUIS OF EVERMARK,
Plaintiff

v.

FRANKENFREAK,
Defendant

Comes now THREE FENNEC FOXES, movant herein, and represents the following:

1. Movant resides in the Super-League.

2. Movant is an attorney and a member of the law firm of Foxes & Associates, LLC.

3. Movant has been retained personally or as a member of the above named law firm by FRANKENFREAK to provide legal representation in connection with the above-captioned matter now pending before the above-named court in the Marquisiate of Evermark.

4. Since Super-League XXIX, movant has been, and presently is, a member of good standing of the Bar of the highest court of the Super-League, where movant regularly practices law.

5. Movant presently is not subject to any disbarment proceedings.

6. Movant presently is not subject to any suspension proceedings.

7. Movant never has been subject to any disbarment proceedings.

8. Movant never has been subject to any suspension proceedings.

9. Movant never has had any certificate or privilege to appear and practice before any administrative body suspended or revoked.

11. Movant, either by resignation, withdrawal, or otherwise, never has terminated or attempted to terminate movant's office as an attorney in order to avoid administrative, disciplinary, disbarment, or suspension proceedings.

12. Local counsel or record associate with applicant in this matter is TYBALT, PRINCE OF CATS.

13. Movant agrees to comply with the provisions of the Evermark Rules of Professional Conduct, and movant consents to the jurisdiction of the courts and disciplinary boards of the Marquisiate of Evermark.

14. Movant respectfully requests to be admitted to practice in the above named court or administrative agency for this cause only.

Dated this 25th Week of Super-League XXXI

/s/Three Fennec Foxes

I, THREE FENNEC FOXES, do hereby swear or affirm under penalty of perjury that I am the applicant in the above-styled matter; that I have read the foregoing application and know the contents thereof, and that the contents are true of my own knowledge, except as to those matters stated on information and belief, and that as to those matters I believe them to be true.

/s/Three Fennec Foxes

I hereby consent, as local counsel of record, to the association of movant in this cause pursuant to Rule VII of the Rules Governing Admissition to the Evermark Bar.

Dated this 25th Week of Super-League XXXI

/s/Tybalt, Prince of Cats

NOTICE OF HEARING

This motion for admission is set for hearing by the Marquis on the 25th Week of Super-League XXXI

/s/Tybalt, Prince of Cats

TO BE CONTINUED IN TIMELINE PI!

PI

B. Turn the radio on his nightstand to 86.7 KKIX: The Thunder > Buy a new radio! A better radio! > Attempt to listen to the HulkaChannel! > McFreeze has been dead for five year! > WAIT! There is a logical inconsistency here! > Buy a glove to cover his metal hand! > ALL OF THE COLORS! > Play video games! > Zero Time Dilemma! > Push both buttons! > NO! > Pungry will simply choose to no longer need an atmosphere to live! > A scrivener! > Go to the knife-boxing fight! > Respect the sanctity of knife-boxing! > Encourage Storg to believe in himself! > Feel very sad about getting Storg killed and accomplishing nothing. > Allow Storg's body to be reclaimed by nature! > Use his smarts to make frankenfreak love the Pi timeline, and thus make the Marquis not want to kill frankenfreak! > Wasn't the manifest Super-League supposed to be planning to kill everyone? Shouldn't Pungry do something about that?

"Let's get this over with." The Marquis said, sitting in his chambers. "What is it you want, Tybalt?"

"I want to have the foxes here admitted pro hac vice for the purposes of defending frankenfreak." Tybalt said.

"Why?" The Marquis asked.

"Because I have a soul." Tybalt said, "And because I have a soul, I can't just sit by and watch something good happen to habaesdorkus. I have to at least help a little."

"Yes, everyone does seem to have a bone to pick with this habeasdorkus." The Marquis said. "Very well, the foxes may represent frankenfreak in this matter. Now, then, to trial!"

The foxes stared over at habeasdorkus, who was setting out some papers on the table on the other side of the courtroom. They did not know what habeasdorkus' game was, but it was almost certainly not good for anyone or anything except habeasdorkus.

The foxes' puzzling was interrupted by the Marquis of Evermark, who took a seat on the bench. The foxes raised their paws to object. "What is this?" The Marquis asked.

"I think they're trying to say something." frankenfreak said. "But, as they are foxes, they can't speak."

The Marquis was unimpressed. "We're in a generic fantasy world. I can just use a spell." He pointed his fingers at the foxes. "There, is that better."

"Y-yes?" The foxes nervously said. "Wait, we can talk?" That would at least make things go a little more smoothly. The foxes looked around the room at the various people. "Not that there is a single person in this room we want to have a conversation with." They said, bitterly. "That said, your honor, I don't think it's appropriate for you to be the judge in a case where you are also the plaintiff."

"Nonsense." The Marquis waved them off. "I'm the judge in my official function as the Marquis of Evermark, but I'm only the plaintiff in my personal role of Roderic, who just happens to be the Marquis of Evermark."

"We see." The foxes took a moment to discuss a new strategy. "In that case, your honor, Defendant moves for a substitution of judge as a matter of right. As you know, we need not state a basis for such a motion, and one has not previously been filed in this matter."

"Any objection, counsel?" The Marquis turned to habeasdorkus.

"I do object. The foxes have already tested the waters, even if you haven't made a formal, substantive ruling on any matter yet. At this point, it's judge-shopping, and that should not be allowed." habeasdorkus said.

"Agreed. Motion denied." The Marquis answered."Are there any other preliminary matters?"

"Your honor, I've filed a motion in limine." habeasdorkus said, tendering a copy to both the judge and the foxes. "I would like to bar all evidence not previously disclosed during discovery, and also to bar frankenfreak from breathing during trial. I believe that the prejudicial harm caused by him unfairly depriving others in this courtroom of oxygen far outweighs any probative value from him remaining alive."

"Your response, counsel?" The Marquis looked at the foxes.

"We don't believe there was discovery in this case. We certainly never received any discovery requests." The foxes said. "But, and, either way, as far as we know, I'm not sure that there are any written exhibits that we would be looking to introduce anyway. I think both sides agree on what was said, the only issue is whether frankenfreak deserves to die for it."

"He definitely does." The Marquis said. "Any other pre-trial matters."

"Yes." The foxes said, "I want any evidence regarding any other German owners in the Super-League excluded."

habeasdorkus gave an angry grunt, "That's not reasonable. If I were to introduce that sort of evidence, I would have a good-faith basis for doing so."

"No, you just want to remind everyone about TheMcD's many anime-related crimes." The foxes knew habeasdorkus well enough to see the likely avenue of attack.

"I think the trier of fact has the right to consider that frankenfreak lives in close geographic proximity to known anime monster TheMcD." habeasdorkus said. "It is my contention that proximity to an anime monster is what drove frankenfreak to his criminal acts."

"Your honor." The foxes started, "No. TheMcD is not on trial here, frankenfreak is on trial. If habeasdorkus is using a proximity argument, wouldn't that mean that every German is evil?"

"Can you name one non-evil German?" habeasdorkus asked.

"Jurgen Klopp doesn't seem that evil." The foxes answered.

"He kills kittens." habeasdorkus said. "Probably. Can you prove he doesn't?"

"I don't know how you'd begin to prove that. Put him in a room full of kittens and then see what happens?" The foxes asked.

"That sounds like a great idea, if you want to see a room full of dead kittens." habeasdorkus answered. "But maybe that is what you want."

"Why would I want that?" The foxes asked.

"Because I think you also kill kittens for fun." habeasdorkus said. "It's not uncommon among foxes."

"It is uncommon among Fennec foxes." The foxes argued. "We're not much bigger than kittens, plus, we live in the desert, where there aren't a lot of kittens."

Pungry, who had been sitting on a bench watching the entire time, suddenly remembered something. "Wait a minute! The Super-League has manifested itself and plans to destroy every timeline!" He announced.

"You weren't in any timeline where you met the manifest Super-League, so you don't know that." habeasdorkus said dismissively. "Now, back the kitten issue-"

Before habeasdorkus could continue, the Super-League, still using DannoMack's body as a host, materialized. "The time has come for you all to die!" It said, as energy crackled forth from its body.

"Okay, fine, now you would know about the evil Super-League, or whatever." habeasdorkus said.

What will Pungry do?

A. Defeat the Super-League through cunning!

B. Defeat the Super-League through brute force!

C. Defeat the Super-League through dancing! Come on! It's clearly all been leading to this!

XI

The greatest therapy will be the season ending.

RHO

B. Acquire a pet kitten > Attempt to defuse tensions with an emotional dance > Dance a dance of grief > Prove them all wrong with the GREATEST DANCE! > Let's try dancing just one more time! To be sure! > Clearly, the problem is your shoes. Acquire better shoes! > Stop for lunch! > Smasher Dynamo, do you take me for a fool? Do you think I do not understand the game we are playing? You know drat well what the answer is. You know drat well what the answer has always been! Pungry will get gyros! > French fries! > Did you remember to order a drink? Order a drink! > DRINK THE VAULT! > Trust Imaginos! > No! > Don't trust habeasdorkus! > I WILL NEVER TRUST HABEASDORKUS! HE IS THE LORD OF LIES! > HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SAY NO?! > ESCAPE!

-. Network! It's important for small firms to network! > Mock frankenfreak with puppets! > Flee! > Help TFLlama get to the bottom of this Riddle Joker nonsense! > Roll eyes at strange tropes in Japanese video games! > Try and restore DannoMack's sanity, to get this information! > Go to the Tim Horton's behind them! > Get coffee. It may not be a real Tim Horton's, but there must be coffee somewhere, right? > Continue searching for coffee! > Return to the real world (remember, they were in a sensory deprivation tank), and save the day! > ECTO COOLER! > gently caress IT, MIX THEM ALL TOGETHER!

Pungry made the final adjustments, and then looked on with wonder and what he had wrought. "ECTO COOLER HAS COME!" He said excitedly, "The drink of drinks!"

"That's great." TFLlama said. "Now, what is the next part of this plan?"

"The next phase is your death." Pander appeared in a flash of light. "All Pungries must die!"

"But I'm one of 'all Pungries'!" Pungry said, genuinely distraught. "And I would prefer not to die!"

"One of your counterparts tried to shoot me! And for what? All I did was turn one timeline into a dystopian hellscape where all mankind has become nothing more than cogs in my corporate empire, without any real agency or hopes for the future. Is that so wrong?" Pander asked.

"Yes." TFLlama said. "That is wrong."

"But when Jeff Bezos does it, then it's fine?" Pander was unconvinced.

"No, it's still wrong." TFLlama said.

"Well, regardless, I'm here to kill this Pungry as well. And before things get stupid, let me just point out that the last four Pungries that attempted to dance their way out of their problems ended up dead." Pander drew a revolver. "I chose this gun because it makes me look cool."

"It doesn't really make you look that cool." TFLlama protested.

Pander pointed the gun at TFLlama, "Are you quite sure about that?"

"I retract my earlier comment." TFLlama said, putting his hands in the air.

"Now wait, Pander." Pungry poured a glass of Ecto Cooler, "Did you know that, right now, the Super-League is in grave danger? The Super-League itself has manifested in physical form, and even now is plotting to destroy itself rather than continue to exist!"

"I'm aware." Pander said. "The Super-League may want to die, but it will only die on my terms, after I have conquered the Macho Men, and not a second before. Any alliance I may have with the Super-League is premised on that understanding."

"Maybe." Pungry said, "But if the Super-League does succeed in destroying itself, and everyone inside it, then it doesn't really have to worry about not living up to its promises."

Pander turned the idea over in his mind, "I have control of the situation."

"Are you familiar with Ecto Cooler, Pander?" Pungry stared at a glass of the neon green concoction.

"Of course." He said. "What of it? Like most things from that time period, it's best left forgotten."

"They say that Ecto Cooler can cleanse a man of any sin!" Pungry insisted, "It is no coincidence that these current bad times we live in all have taken place in an era mostly devoid of Ecto Cooler."

"I think any reasonable person would say that the problems of today had their origins in a time when Ecto Cooler was still being sold." Pander said.

"I believe that the manifested Super-League has only one weakness." Pungry said. "And that is that it is ultimately that it is bound to DannoMack. If we can sever that connection, we can force the Super-League away from the physical plane. We have to give DannoMack some sort of power to fight back against the Super-League, something that he loves, something that he wants. I personally don't know that much about DannoMack. I know that he loves Riddle Joker, but we don't have any Riddle Joker to give him, and I don't think that would be good to do anyway. I know that he loves the Toronto Maple Leafs, but it's impossible for them to give him anything worth living for. But he is a man in his 30s and/or 40s, and he lived in North America. Ecto Cooler, that is something that will let him fight back against the power of the Super-League, and save his soul."

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." Pander said, "Although..."

What will Pander do?

A. Lead Pungry to his death and maintain alliance with the Super-League!

B. Betray Super-League in hopes of material gain!

C. Let things play out, and then emerge like the glorious vulture of destiny!

Games of the Week

Pash, you had one job: save me from having to gently caress around with the banners. YOU HAD ONE JOB!

See, Pash, DannoMack did his job! And that's even after he underwent a super-lobotomy! (We told him that it was to remove his appendix, but that was just a cover.)

The 'thropes didn't start well, but they ended up winning their division in a walk. Neat!

We could argue about where the Crows would be but for New Hoss but, the reality is, the true value of New Hoss is in times like this, when he's single-handedly going to drag the Crows kicking and screaming into the playoffs.

Team Statistics

Standings

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

PI

What will Pungry do?

C. Defeat the Super-League through dancing! Come on! It's clearly all been leading to this!

RHO

What will Pander do?

C. Let things play out, and then emerge like the glorious vulture of destiny!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Why is Barry Bonds still in the minors for Suez, is he still hurt? I asked for him to be returned after his injury was over. If that was an oversight, please demote Shoeless Joe Jackson and make Barry Bonds my DH.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CirclMastr posted:

Dogs take, beavers retain

i had no power and didnt get a chance to read the update yet please count this hulkamatt!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Alpha et al/Pi

Oh come on. You must know that it can't be anything but C. Defeat the Super-League through dancing! Come on! It's clearly all been leading to this!

Rho

I hate all of these options! Can't I make Pander admit that he's wrong for wanting me to kill myself? No? Fine. C. Let things play out, and then emerge like the glorious vulture of destiny!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
C.

A.

That looks like a wrap for the Warriors this season. Incredibly disappointing but a lot of things that could have gone wrong did. Let us never speak of it again.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Pi: C
Rho: C

Chamale posted:

Why is Barry Bonds still in the minors for Suez, is he still hurt? I asked for him to be returned after his injury was over. If that was an oversight, please demote Shoeless Joe Jackson and make Barry Bonds my DH.

You have to do that yourself when his injury is done, unfortunately. Also you have a draft pick to make!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Pi: C, obviously.
Rho: C, obviously.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Let's see if we can't eliminate the Crows with minimal changes.

Send down Walter Johnson for Roger Clemens
Send down Joe Morgan for Ryne Sandberg
Send down Manny Ramirez for Bob Johnson

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

C
C
because there was no other outcome, is there?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

A
A

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Please send Wanderlei Bolton down to AAA, replace him with Hod Eller

DangitBobby
Aug 23, 2018
1960 ernie Banks

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Suez Tugboats take 1950 Joe DiMaggio.

Also, to give him some rest at the end of the season, demote Kenny Lofton and call up Duke Snider to play center field. (In addition to demoting Jackson and calling up Bonds as designated hitter)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Glass Spiders are up.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Spiders take 1982 Rickey Henderson, which puts Forzelt on the clock

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.
The Goats select 1906 Babe Adams. Goog is on the clock.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I will also go with

C

C

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
The London Calling select 1985 Ryne Sandberg. No roster changes at this time.

KungFu Grip and the Buntsville Bastards are now on the clock.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Subpar Season XIX, Week 25, Betrayal in the Triad

Games of the Week

quote:

HEDGEHOGS STYMIE GARREG MACH’S QUEST, DEFEAT SHEPARD, FORCE HARD RESET

“Dammit! Where is Saint Rheal?” yelled shepard. “We’ve been looking for him all season, and we’re running out of time. Has Fodlan been forsaken by the Goddess after all?” The Golden Deer were exhausted. They had been searching in the forests of Japan for Saint Rheal after trying basically everywhere else. “This is the tenth loving time we’ve been on this map!” yelled Pedro Martinez. “Why the gently caress are we here again? We know Saint Rheal isn’t here!” “But I received an anonymous tip from a very cute hedgehog made out of rice that we might find Saint Rheal here…” explained shepard. “I can’t loving believe this. How are you this stupid?” said Pedro. “Excuse me? Who captained the team before the Golden Deer to the Macho Men? This stupid guy!” said shepard. “Oh, sure, you might’ve been good at one point, but your brain is absolutely gone. Recognize this mask?” Pedro held up the Flame Emperor’s mask.

“Oh, great job, Pedro! You finally killed the Flame Emperor. Hated that guy,” said shepard. “No, you loving moron, I am the Flame Emperor! I’ve been working with GVOLTT all this time!” said Pedro. “Wait, what? Then that means… that month you were injured and left for the minors… you actually went—“ said shepard. “That’s right, I went to Milan to give his Pedro a break,” said Pedro. “But their Pedro is actually good!” replied shepard. “Heh, of course he is, every Pedro in the league put all their effort into helping the Mosquitoes win the division. And you poor saps didn’t even realize it. We all had our own Flame Emperor masks whenever we needed to do business,” said Pedro. “This is very disturbing news. I must let my right-hand man know that the Golden Deer have been betrayed. Pedro! Wait. gently caress. You’re Pedro,” said shepard. “Yep. Your loyal right-hand man. With the 7.33 ERA and injury during the stretch of games you got buried by the Mosquitoes,” said Pedro. “You fiend! Why’d you do this?” said shepard. “Eh, it’s kinda fun to help a new owner win something?” said Pedro.

Suddenly, a twig snapped. Shepard held out a torch, brought to combat the forest’s notorious fog of war. “Who’s there?” said shepard. A figure emerged from the fog holding a cute hedgehog made out of rice. “Welcome, Garreg Mach. I am Izzy, the boss of this map,” said Izzysaurus. “Yeah, we know, we’ve beaten you more often than not,” said shepard. “Not this time! This time… I have a special surprise for you poor deers… One of your teammates… is actually on my side!” said Izzysaurus. “Yeah, I know Pedro’s been posing as this Flame Emperor dude that’s been colluding with all the other Pedros to win the Mosquitoes the division,” said shepard. “Wait, really? drat. That explains what happened to the Corgis, I guess,” said Izzysaurus. “Huh? But if you’re not referring to Pedro… who else could possibly betray me?” said shepard. “Oh I have everyone on my side basically, just mainly for helping the Mosquitoes win. I don’t remember anyone working for these cute hedgehogs,” said Pedro. “You’re not helping,” said shepard.

“Heh heh heh… let’s just say their name rhymes with… ‘Hed’…” said Izzysaurus. “That’s just loving Pedro Martinez again! I knew it was only him!” said shepard. “Think what you want. I give you this warning before the game starts. Beware what happens in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th inning…” said Izzysaurus before walking back into the fog. “Oh god dammit, I knew I should’ve brought a thief. Well, whatever, we ain’t finding Saint Rheal today. Let’s just go play baseball,” said shepard.

And so the bottom of the 9th came, and Duke Snider hit a walkoff home run to win the game for the Hedgehogs. “Wait a loving minute, Duke Snider doesn’t rhyme with ‘Hed’! Izzy just wanted me to worry about whoever this traitor was instead of the game! gently caress!” said shepard. Izzysaurus somehow appeared out of the fog again. “Oh, no, I was intending Ted Williams to betray you and win the game for us, not Duke Snider. Whoops! Silly me. Anyway, Saint Rheal is definitely not here, and you guys are out of time and Divine Pulse charges. See you all next season,” said Izzysaurus. “I should go,” said shepard.

Game Notes: Walter Johnson was competent for the Hedgehogs today, and that’s worth celebrating.

quote:

OKLAHOMA CITY BULLIES SAN JUAN, OTF’S COOKING, TO CLINCH ADELIE

“Where the gently caress are the cheesesteaks?” demanded mentholmoose. Oystertoadfish looked bewildered, as he had just welcomed the Oklahoma City Bombers’ owner to a feast prior to today’s game in San Juan that, if the Bombers won, would clinch them the Adélie division title. “Cheese… steak? I know what those two words are separately, but I wouldn’t put cheese on steak… and I didn’t think that was a staple of American BBQ either when I visited Arlen,” said oystertoadfish. “You loving moron. I’m talking about the Philly Cheesesteak,” mentholmoose said, as if it explained anything. “I’m sorry, moose, but I don’t know what that is. Besides, I think you’ll enjoy all the great San Juan barbecue I cooked up for this moment! Check this out, coffee-rubbed brisket with fresh pico de gallo!” said oystertoadfish.

“gently caress you, cheesesteak now,” said mentholmoose. Oystertoadfish started getting put off, but was determined that his guest enjoy the local flavors of San Juan. “Uh, I’m sorry, moose, but I’m not putting cheese on that. It’d ruin the recipe,” said oystertoadfish. “Well, I don’t care, because it also doesn’t have peppers,” said mentholmoose. “Oh, you like peppers and meat with cheese? I have a treat for you!” said oystertoadfish. Mentholmoose started getting his hopes up for a cheesesteak. “Taking inspiration from those stuffed bell peppers you folks in America love, I put together this!” said oystertoadfish, revealing a stuffed avocado with brisket, cheese, and salsa. “This isn’t a cheesesteak, gently caress you,” said mentholmoose.

“What is wrong with you?” oystertoadfish snapped. “I’m out here, slaving away in the kitchen all day, cooking up a nice feast for you and your team even though they might’ve killed mine, and instead of saying ‘thank you’, you’re insulting me and demanding cheesesteaks without telling me what the hell that is!” said oystertoadfish. Mentholmoose stood up and got his face right up to oystertoadfish’s face. “Cheese. Steak. It’s in the loving name,” said mentholmoose. “That doesn’t loving mean anything!” oystertoadfish spat back. “You told me you went to America and wanted to serve me a traditional American meal, and you don’t even know what loving Philly cheesesteak is? loving pathetic,” said mentholmoose, not backing down. “That’s it! If you want a Philly cheesesteak so bad, why don’t you loving make one yourself?!” said oystertoadfish. “I will,” said mentholmoose.

mentholmoose walked into the kitchen filled with freshly cooked meats, and grabbed the worst-looking beef left. Oystertoadfish could only watch in anger as mentholmoose began cutting up the meat into thin slices. Then, mentholmoose turned on oystertoadfish’s grill and began cooking some onions and bell peppers. “You got any bread?” asked mentholmoose. “Yes, I have some waterbread over there,” said oystertoadfish. “Y’all think water is bread? San Juan is hosed up,” said mentholmoose. Oystertoadfish rolled his eyes and explained “no, water is used in the baking process. It’s like a French baguette.” “I ain’t using no French poo poo,” said mentholmoose. “It’s not French. San Juan is American,” said oystertoadfish, very much at the end of his rope. “Oh, okay,” said mentholmoose.

mentholmoose cut the waterbread loaf in half, and threw all the beef, onions, and peppers between the loaves of bread. “Ey yo, you got any Cheez Whiz to go on top of this?” asked mentholmoose. “I’m sorry, what?” replied oystertoadfish. “You know, Cheez Whiz. The cheese spray,” said mentholmoose. “I only cook with the best ingredients possible, and those are usually things in their purest form. No, I don’t have cheese spray. I have, like, queso blanco, I guess,” said oystertoadfish. “Good enough,” replied mentholmoose, as he threw the white cheese on top of both cheesesteaks. He brought them over to the table that he and oystertoadfish were sitting at. “Now this is fine eating, fucker,” said mentholmoose. “That’s a cheesesteak? Looks pretty delicious, I must say,” said oystertoadfish. “Too bad for you, only winners get to eat them,” said mentholmoose, as he ate both cheesesteaks and left oystertoadfish alone at the table.

And then the Bombers won the game 6-2 to clinch the division.

Game Notes: See, this team doesn’t need Manny Ramirez at all!

quote:

FORZELT BETRAYED AT LAST SECOND BY ZODIAC, MISSES CHANCE TO CLINCH AGAINST ARLEN

The Horny Goats had the chance to fully clinch the mercurial Rockhopper Division by simply sweeping the Arlen Propane Sellers. And the series got off to a good start when the Goats went into the bottom of the 9th holding a 7-2 lead. However, Joe Nathan nearly melted down, and it took Tex Hughson to mop up the final out and preserve a 7-5 win for the Goats. It turned out to be a bad omen for forzelt’s squad, as the Propane Sellers came out on fire in the second game of the series. Yogi Berra clobbered a three-run double in the five-run first. But, just as the Goats came back to overtake the Bokononists after they had a perfect week, so too would the Goats slowly and methodically come back in this game.

Vern Stephens started the comeback in the second with a two-run dinger. Then, The Final Donslaught, who has been relentlessly criticized by the custom-player loving Twin Cities Triad as being not good enough as a custom player, proved the haters wrong with a two-run double in the 5th to make it 6-4, Arlen. In the 7th, Arky Vaughan joined the party with a two-run double of his own to cut the deficit to 7-6, and the Goats felt like they had all the momentum. Still, the score remained 7-6 going into the 9th. But after Ted Williams and The Final Donslaught led off the inning with singles, a tie felt inevitable. Vaughan again hit a double, but poor Donslaught’s legs were too slow to score, so only Williams came around to score. Amazingly, Mariano Rivera held the fort after that, and got Vern Stephens, Willie Mays, and George Brett all out to end the threat. “No matter,” forzelt thought. “The momentum is completely on my side! Nothing could stop me now!”

A text message popped up on forzelt’s watch the second after that thought. It read “Hey, could you please pick me up from the bar? I’m drunk. Love, Zodiac5000 < 3”. “Why does Zodiac think 5000 is less than 3?” thought forzelt, clearly distracted from the game, as Jonathan Papelbon was sent in instead of the much more reliable Tex Hughson. “He must be really drunk, since I know Sodak math taught him better than this. Sigh. Only problem now is what bar is he actually drunk at. Would’ve been nice of him to tell me that in the first place…” forzelt said to designated hitter George Brett, who was on the bench with him. “Oh, does your friend need more alcohol? Because I’ve got a great vintage with a cork in it right here,” said Brett, pointing at his bat. “George, that’s a baseball bat, not a bottle of wine. It has no liquor,” said forzelt, as he tried writing his text back to Zodiac. “Wrong! Check this out,” said Brett, as he twisted off the top of the bat, revealing that the bat was hollow and thus filled with wine. “Isn’t that the bat you used in the 8th?” asked forzelt, distraught. “Yeah, it didn’t work out too well since I grounded back to the pitcher, but hey, gotta make sacrifices,” said Brett.

“Sacrifices? Oh no! I left Jonathan Papelbon in too long!” exclaimed forzelt. The next pitch was crushed by Barry Bonds over the fence to win the game for Arlen, 8-7. “God drat it. This is all Zodiac5000 and his terrible math’s fault!” said forzelt. Meanwhile, the Propane Sellers started gathering around home plate and started laying out their traditional walk-off potluck for Bonds to feast on. DangItBobby of course brought a bunch of medium-rare steaks. The other Bonds brought some nice potato salad which got awkward when Craig Biggio also brought potato salad. The four had to be separated, but not before yet another Bonds had to be placed on the injured list. The Goats’ George Brett tried sneaking in to the celebration claiming he was the Propane Seller’s George Brett and that he had brought a nice bottle of wine, but DangItBobby shooed him away before he could uncork his bat.

Game Notes: Great work done by Trevor Hoffman and Aroldis Chapman today. They earned their medium-rare steaks.

Playing spoiler, as it should be.

Finishing over .500 is a nice win for this team. Just two more wins!

Back out of last place!

The final battle for cuteness, you guys versus the Sneks, is upcoming.

Out of the woods and into the frying pan.

Still possible to finish over .500…

Really tough week, but the magic number is 2. And the Bokononists play the Bombers again. So, yeah.

I just unlocked Spyro the Dragon in Crash Team Racing’s remake and all I can think about when I see the word is his victory quote: “You could win if you stopped dragon your feet!”

Oh wow. Poisoned by the Sneks. Still in it.

Congrats.

Congrats.

Woodland superiority.

Ouch. Technically in it, but you have to beat the Bombers.

An unceremonious end.

Gonna be fun to see if Andrew Miller decides to pitch in the gauntlet.

Just need to go 6-1 to avoid 100 losses! EZ.

Very doable to win the division.

Stick clubbed into last…

Please please please finish .500 or better.

Betrayed by Texas.

Standings

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

LET'S GO GOOOOOG!!!! ONE LAST PUSH! TAKE THAT DIVISION!!!!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
In terms of scheduling, my thought is to do the playoffs, then the tag team tournament, then the Gauntlet, fitting in the EC whenever we actually get a feeder team list. I

Super-League XXXI, Week 26 Injury Report

Algonquin Park Handybeavers
Andrelton Simmons (IF) - Out for Wildcard Game!
Tris Speaker (OF) - Out for Wildcard Game!

Kobe Crows
Ozzie Smith (SS) - 29 days

Mexico City Machine Elves
Ken Williams (OF) - 7 days

Minnesota Gov't Dogs
Dazzy Vance (SP) - 5 days

Pick 'em: Final and Appealable

Omni-Titles
The Hague Honkbalers (c) @ Kobe Crows

Grand Slam Championships
Algonquin Park Handybeavers (c) @ Titanic Deck Chairs

Pash