Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.
Can anyone help me find a game? I'm 90% sure I got it from one of these threads, but I can't find it at all.

It's a vector graphics style Spaceship game, with no music and very basic sound effects. Basically, you built up your own ship from others as well as picking up powerups or something. The design was extremely simple, with just vector lines agains a black screen. I know it's not much to go on, but I'd appreciate if anyone knows what I'm talking about!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
Captain Forever?

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.
Yes, that's it! Thank you!

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008
:siren: Question about a non-flash game ahoy! :siren:

Wasn't sure what other thread to ask this in and I've been helped by folks here before in regards to a non-flash game so I hope it's no big deal to muck up this thread a bit real quick with a request for the name of a game. Here's some vague details:

• 2D overhead view
• Several classes to choose from, swordsman type has a sword and basic attack swings twice
• I _think_ every class has two or three attacks, one range and one melee and one special
• Very difficult to get used to controls, you move like a tank and the block button is a quick block that you must execute within a fraction of a second before getting hit
• god drat hard as balls seriously gently caress the difficulty you get knocked around and cornered and ganked so easily
• korean/anime style graphics
• unique 'channel' type system where leveling up allows you to go to new channels and play tougher levels/arenas
• weird and complicated currency/upgrade systems that I didn't understand, probably due to poor or no-translation
• play coop/solo in quest style stages or pvp in arenas
• town/neutral area to trade stuff
• god I sucked at this game but it was kind of addicting
• might be offline forever now, it's fairly old and had some kind of cash shop-type thing I think, I believe there were even upgraded versions of each class or alternate colors at least

That's about all I can remember but it should be enough to hopefully come up with a name. I spent a couple hours on google but without the exact name I came up empty handed and scarred for life. Help me goons, you're my only hope!

As an aside and actually related to the content of this thread I'd like to thank Wet Bandit for his tireless efforts of keeping track of way too many games.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Never mind I'm wrong. Ignore this post.

God Damn Dam God has a new favorite as of 21:10 on Sep 16, 2012

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

This thread might be able to help.

Or since it sounds co-op-ish maybe the The MMO HMO

In general, people SHOULD search more first but the memories on you guys is insane so yeah. This is a good place for asking. No idea on game (seems generic and you didn't mention if it's a download/PC/Mac/java/ect) but ask in that thread/forum maybe.

Seems like a terrible game that I might wanna play heh.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
I'm looking for a game where you play as the (semi)dead brother of your conjoined twin. You suddenly come to life inside your brothers body, and you want to live. So you eat your brother from the inside out. It kinda spooked me when I first played, and I wanna try it again for fun.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Tyrant now have conquest where alliances fight over map squares to get tokens.

If anyone needs an alliance mine have 12 open slots: Tyrants of Peace

We are lvl 4 with 3 squares (so 2 tokens/23 hours) but need more players to expand.

If this is not OK to post let me know and I´ll remove it.

EDIT: I just got told by the guild leader that the cap for recruits is lvl 30, so sorry for that to those I accepted.

milward has a new favorite as of 00:38 on Sep 21, 2012

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Ludum Dare 24's voting round is over, and the winners are here.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Stelas posted:

Ludum Dare 24's voting round is over, and the winners are here.

Goddamn it was gonna start on NG medals post but here you are twisting my arm. BAD STELAS BAD!

Any favs so we can lounge in timewasting without wasting time?

ed: While I love NG, next post will be only for achievement whores, as there's a lot of dumb stuff with medals on there.

Wet Bandit has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Sep 21, 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Wet Bandit posted:

Goddamn it was gonna start on NG medals post but here you are twisting my arm. BAD STELAS BAD!

I was enjoying number 5 when I should have been paying attention during class.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wet Bandit posted:

Ha haaaaaaaaaa.

I haven't actually had a whole lot of time to look through them yet. The top 50 this time around is chock-full of download-only games, which I can't exactly just pull down and play during lunch at work (the optimum Flash Game Time)

Evoland is pretty neat, but it's a chuckle and a 'oh how clever' rather than an actual game.
Strike of Rage is a very pretty beat-em-up to inspire you to rage.
And yeah, Beetlefield is pretty silly. Try to guess which team of beetles will win a battle, then evolve them.
Tiny Evolution Adventure is a simple platformer but I really like the art.

e: Not Ludum Dare, but Race The Sun might be the best Unity game I've seen yet. Not exactly a high bar, but it's pretty fun.

Stelas has a new favorite as of 09:25 on Sep 21, 2012

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Stelas posted:

e: Not Ludum Dare, but Race The Sun might be the best Unity game I've seen yet. Not exactly a high bar, but it's pretty fun.

This is pretty fun, but as far as Unity games go, I like #337 Jetpack Brontosaurus much more, personally.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Thanks for putting all the work in, OP. I think the blogspot site would be easier to read if all the game links were bold. Just one man's opinion.

flatipus
Nov 12, 2011
I found Portal 2D on Reddit Web Games... it's a new one (not the Portal Flash game released a few years back) and really well made. The only problem is it tends to slow down a bit at later levels but that can be fixed with a reload.

http://www.kanogames.com/play/game/portal-2d

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011

flatipus posted:

I found Portal 2D on Reddit Web Games... it's a new one (not the Portal Flash game released a few years back) and really well made. The only problem is it tends to slow down a bit at later levels but that can be fixed with a reload.

Three times I completed a level and it dropped me back in the same level, I had to do it again to progress. Then I got to the second light bridge level and it bugged so I couldn't progress at all, no matter how I tried to place the portal the bridge wouldn't extend through.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Dogbutt posted:

I'm looking for a game where you play as the (semi)dead brother of your conjoined twin. You suddenly come to life inside your brothers body, and you want to live. So you eat your brother from the inside out. It kinda spooked me when I first played, and I wanna try it again for fun.

Yeah, I'm gonna second this. I'm trying to find it too now, and having zero luck.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

flatipus posted:

I'd love to enjoy this game but with my graphics set at Low it's still so poorly optimized that I can't run it on a basic laptop. There's huge lag input problems and occasionally it will stop displaying what's going on, but still progress through button presses, so I'll run off a ledge I didn't even realize I was near because I couldn't see.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Stelas posted:

And yeah, Beetlefield is pretty silly. Try to guess which team of beetles will win a battle, then evolve them.

Ffffffuuuuuccckkk. I don't root for my favorite professional sports teams anywhere close to as hard as I root for those little beetles.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The Papa Louie guys are back with Jacksmith, only this time the time management part is entirely optional and the rest of the game is about making the right weapons to send a murder squad up against a series of monsters. It's a nice change from the rest of their stuff and it looks really nice.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
How has nobody mentioned Infectonator 2 yet?

It's Infectonator. But 2. Play it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Kraus posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna second this. I'm trying to find it too now, and having zero luck.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/542658

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Minarch posted:

Ffffffuuuuuccckkk. I don't root for my favorite professional sports teams anywhere close to as hard as I root for those little beetles.

Did the link you quoted go down? I just get "errante," which I assume is portuspangerfrolish for "nope."

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

You're awesome! Thanks!

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
The beetle game feels like it should be really fun, but you're lucky to win two in a row and each fight takes too long. I won three in a row once in about 10 tries, and lost the first battle about half the time.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Bad Munki posted:

Did the link you quoted go down? I just get "errante," which I assume is portuspangerfrolish for "nope."

Yes google, I mean beetlefield, not battlefield

Looks like it's on Kongregate now
http://www.kongregate.com/games/bumdum/beetlefield-the-forecast

Can anyone who played the original link confirm it's the same game? I'm getting the same error Munki is

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Dead Cow posted:

Can anyone who played the original link confirm it's the same game? I'm getting the same error Munki is

It's the same.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Anaconda Rifle posted:

It's the same.

Thank you! This is super addictive. I like how if the beetles have the exalted evolution they actually will attempt to stay near each other instead of being useless.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Submachine 8 is out.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

And it was fantastic. How many Secrets were there to collect? I only found two (one in the pincers of that machine that exists in worlds 1 and 3 that you can move left and right, the other in the stone dome in world 3 that you have to break with a hammer)

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Stelas posted:

The Papa Louie guys are back with Jacksmith, only this time the time management part is entirely optional and the rest of the game is about making the right weapons to send a murder squad up against a series of monsters. It's a nice change from the rest of their stuff and it looks really nice.

How long do I cook the dog for :confused:

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

How has nobody mentioned Infectonator 2 yet?

It's Infectonator. But 2. Play it.

Oh poo poo, I was going to make some smug comment about how it's been out for months on ArmorGames, but apparently it's a stolen version.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

And it was fantastic. How many Secrets were there to collect? I only found two (one in the pincers of that machine that exists in worlds 1 and 3 that you can move left and right, the other in the stone dome in world 3 that you have to break with a hammer)

There's 5. One more in world 3, and one each in worlds 5 and 6.

Hint: Use hammers on everything.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Does it affect anything? Because I figured it involved that, but I didn't want to pixel hunt.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Only the pipes in the rightmost room of world 6 and the cat statue are affected by the hammer, as far as I could see.

Were you still able to get the notes at the end even without all of them?

Mons Public
Jun 22, 2006

Sometimes I look for Rupees.

Fibby Boy posted:

Has rebuild or rebuild 2 been mentioned yet? Decent attempt at making a zombie survival simulator that has you trying to rebuild a town while managing supplies and stuff. The second one is definitely better though. Much more management and events.

[STR] I guess. There's definitely strategy to it but after winning the first time it loses a lot of challenge.

Hint: Don't let anyone start a church of the chosen one. Don't. Just don't. You'll regret it once you get moving along. Trust me.

I hadn't really followed the old threads much, are there any games similar to this?

Mu Cow
Oct 26, 2003

Hoops posted:

The beetle game feels like it should be really fun, but you're lucky to win two in a row and each fight takes too long. I won three in a row once in about 10 tries, and lost the first battle about half the time.

This is how I feel. It's a fascinating concept, but usually lose the first round and rarely last more than four which makes it really frustrating.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh god, when That beetle game was first posted I played it endlessly. You're pretty much wildly guessing unless one side gets a ridiculous advantage like two dodges but even then that only screws you up down the line trying to guess when sheer numbers will be better.

It is a flawed luck based game but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it. It is annoying when one side squanders their obvious advantage though.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
You really have to look at positioning and take that into account too.

Lost it here. The 2x acid on one size and acid + nova on the other lead to insane chain reactions.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I don't know why Jacksmith is so addictive for me but it is. I feel like a part of the team with these various badass farm animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
Well, thanks to this thread and about two-three years of boredom, I level capped on Kongregate. gently caress all the "Papa's" games, though, I'm not doing poo poo like that unless I'm really getting paid.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread