Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Race-Time. A very simple single button racer. Really well done.

Wow, this game rules.I thought this game was dumb at first, the lines the car took were dumb, until I realized you choose the line based on how much speed you take out of the corners. I'm placed 52nd, not bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Wow, this game rules.I thought this game was dumb at first, the lines the car took were dumb, until I realized you choose the line based on how much speed you take out of the corners. I'm placed 52nd, not bad!

There's a new race every day.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Anaconda Rifle posted:

There's a new race every day.

Yep, I finished 27th for yesterday's track.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

a made a AHK script to farm money, made 1200 overnight

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm getting so close.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Gotta appreciate that the guy in first has the default vehicle

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That Pokemans Game Your Grandkids are Into was cute :3:

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
I hope this is still in the theme of the thread.

This is the second year of Advent of Code, a daily coding challenge which I find pretty fun (I don't code professionally). The problems generally don't take more than a few minutes now, but they'll get more difficult closer to Christmas. You can also go back to last year and do all of those challenges.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Morpheus posted:

drat I'd love to play this on my phone. Really well-executed concept.

Looks like you can play Race Time on your phone now.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Bart Bonte just put out a christmas themed puzzle game called Blocky XMAS. Nothing ground-breaking, but nice.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

Anaconda Rifle posted:

I hope this is still in the theme of the thread.

This is the second year of Advent of Code, a daily coding challenge which I find pretty fun (I don't code professionally). The problems generally don't take more than a few minutes now, but they'll get more difficult closer to Christmas. You can also go back to last year and do all of those challenges.

I'm a really novice coder, and this is extremely fun. Thanks for the link!

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Race-Time. A very simple single button racer. Really well done.

I still play this daily (gotta stay on the leaderboards).

There was a pretty big update last night: new tracks and a pro-mode. They also added new cars.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Nice

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
I've been slowly working my way through Mine of Sight. It's a puzzle game like minesweeper, but with more mechanics. Really great puzzles.

3 levels to go.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Anaconda Rifle posted:

I've been slowly working my way through Mine of Sight. It's a puzzle game like minesweeper, but with more mechanics. Really great puzzles.

3 levels to go.

I played this for about 15 minutes before exclaiming "it's loving picross"

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ezzer posted:

I played this for about 15 minutes before exclaiming "it's loving picross"

Jump ahead to the other mechanics. It gets a lot more interesting.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
https://www.crazygames.com/assets/99-balls/index.html

99 Balls is addicting and hard in the 100ish level

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Spermy Smurf posted:

Does the stuff in the "store" just change the appearance of your projectile?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah, it's useless.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Spermy Smurf posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Anaconda Rifle posted:

3 levels to go.

I'm dumb as gently caress.

Do I need to go 2nd degree to figure out level 10? I can pass the level by guessing, but I want to know the key...

There's a bunch of spots I'm pretty sure have a mine/no mine, and I mark them and it's ok, but there's not a one that I'm sure on from the start.... But what's the place to hit without guessing?

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 23:07 on Apr 27, 2017

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Powaqoatse posted:

I'm dumb as gently caress.

Do I need to go 2nd degree to figure out level 10? I can pass the level by guessing, but I want to know the key...

There's a bunch of spots I'm pretty sure have a mine/no mine, and I mark them and it's ok, but there's not a one that I'm sure on from the start.... But what's the place to hit without guessing?

It's perfectly solvable without guessing.

1 can see two mines horizontally ->
2 can see three mines vertically ->
3 can see one mine horizontally ->
4 can't see any mines vertically ->
5 is not a mine.

That's enough to get you started.

u got mares in yr house
Feb 23, 2001

Another way of looking at it is:
The eye in the top left corner can see two mines.
The eye in the top right corner can see one mine.
This means that the field of view they share(the entire top row) can at most have one mine in it.
Therefore the square directly under the top left corner eye is a mine.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i just clicked on one of those two blocks on the right that have absolutely nothing pointing at them cause that means there can't be a bomb there

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

i just clicked on one of those two blocks on the right that have absolutely nothing pointing at them cause that means there can't be a bomb there

Not quite true. There are markers hidden beneath blocks sometimes, which could have said there were mines beneath those two blocks. You got lucky!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Thanks guys

So it is "2nd degree", cause I was trying to figure it just by simple ones, "ok, zero here, clear those" etc. Also that minesweeper reflex is so hard to get rid of

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Spermy Smurf posted:

If you want to play this on mobile, there's an app called Ballz that's essentially the same, down to the different ball colors. Pretty addictive, and they recently added a fast forward button for when you get into the hundreds and each shot takes a full minute just to expend.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

What do the stars do?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Anaconda Rifle posted:

3 levels to go.

I found the flipping and rotating of the board neat, but after a while it seems annoying.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
http://www.kongregate.com/games/LinhVo1611/make-me-10

It's another one of those add-numbers-together-to-do-a-thing games. I've been playing it for like two hours.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

fits posted:

http://blogofholding.com/dungeonrobber/index.php

i believe its this but can't double check on my phone

drat, that is addictive. I'm not up on my bored-at-work RPG material, is there anything else like this out there? Either in a choose-your-own-adventure sense or dungeon crawling sense? I know there's browser roguelikes and stuff, but I'm thinking specifically with that "Tabletop" kind of aesthetic.

(What I really want, sadly, is to be able to play the Steam version of Talisman at work. I know there's an android version but it doesn't have the gratuitous amount of add-on material :saddowns:)

Doomsayer has a new favorite as of 19:20 on May 23, 2017

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

Doomsayer posted:

drat, that is addictive. I'm not up on my bored-at-work RPG material, is there anything else like this out there? Either in a choose-your-own-adventure sense or dungeon crawling sense? I know there's browser roguelikes and stuff, but I'm thinking specifically with that "Tabletop" kind of aesthetic.

(What I really want, sadly, is to be able to play the Steam version of Talisman at work. I know there's an android version but it doesn't have the gratuitous amount of add-on material :saddowns:)

This request has reminded me of a flash game I was quite addicted to a while back. It was a CCG, and you used your cards in a tabletop gaming scenario that played out like a turn-based combat game. It was really easy to get into, but had significant depth to strategies. I mostly played the single-player campaign, but the multiplayer side looked pretty active at the time, which was last year at some point.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Are you thinking of Card Hunter? It was pretty good.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

Whybird posted:

Are you thinking of Card Hunter? It was pretty good.

Yes!! Oh gosh, here I go again :)

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Card hunter is great and still active, it got a Steam release last year iirc

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

Gelf is fun. Gelf gelf gelf.

My best is 294.

http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/gelf/

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I just played Heli Attack 3 for the first time since like, middle school. this game is pretty sick

has a whole lot of features for a game where you just shoot helicopters repeatedly. 3 different time control powers is maybe a bit much

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Gelf is fun. Gelf gelf gelf.

My best is 294.

http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/gelf/

1140 is my best so far.

EDIT: And then, due to a physics glitch I managed to shoot it far enough to go past the collision and am now falling forever.

Superrodan has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Jun 25, 2017

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Pardon me if this is the wrong thread for this. I could have sword there was a thread just for idle games, but I don't see it and this thread has idle in the title so :shrug:

I've gotten into AdVenture Capitalist lately. I'm curious what is best to spend gold on. I bought the blue suit, but I can't tell if it's really done anything. I also bought three Flux Capacitors for Earth, because I wasn't sure if I would get to choose which planet they would go on. This game does a very poor job of explaining how its items work. Anyway, I'm not back up to 80 gold and wondering where I should put it. I always stack up my ad watches for the day, should I get the Ad Watch Boost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ariong posted:

Pardon me if this is the wrong thread for this. I could have sword there was a thread just for idle games, but I don't see it and this thread has idle in the title so :shrug:

I've gotten into AdVenture Capitalist lately. I'm curious what is best to spend gold on. I bought the blue suit, but I can't tell if it's really done anything. I also bought three Flux Capacitors for Earth, because I wasn't sure if I would get to choose which planet they would go on. This game does a very poor job of explaining how its items work. Anyway, I'm not back up to 80 gold and wondering where I should put it. I always stack up my ad watches for the day, should I get the Ad Watch Boost?

There's an idle games thread in the games forum.

• Locked thread