Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Oh, that's where it is. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
rogue legacy fable ii is pretty solid, i think. its a short basically mini-dcss game that takes under an hour to beat

i dont know why i called it rogue legacy :sweatdrop:

fits has a new favorite as of 14:46 on Aug 4, 2017

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

fits posted:

rogue legacy ii is pretty solid, i think. its a short basically mini-dcss game that takes under an hour to beat

I have YET to beat this and it is very addicting.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
i beat it with necromancer my first run through of that cause turns out the life spike/cannibalize combos keeps you at pretty much full hp/mp as long as you're careful not to get swarmed

thats uh. it so far

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
Rogue Legacy 2: I've had the best luck with both the Fire and Storm mages, having a ranged AoE is huge, especially later on when you can get swarmed pretty easily. Plus I love how the Storm mage treats the usually difficult Sewer areas like a playground.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
So are y'all just calling it Rogue Legacy as a joke or?

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

Morpheus posted:

So are y'all just calling it Rogue Legacy as a joke or?
In my reply I honestly didn't realize I was calling it the wrong name. Rogue Fable 2 is the game I'm referring to, sorry.

It still feels like the Ranger is the hardest class to use. Thrown weapon damage doesn't seem to scale as well as the other damage types.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Fearless_Decoy posted:

In my reply I honestly didn't realize I was calling it the wrong name. Rogue Fable 2 is the game I'm referring to, sorry.

It still feels like the Ranger is the hardest class to use. Thrown weapon damage doesn't seem to scale as well as the other damage types.

I stumbled on a magnificent helm called "Helm of Telepathy". It reveals all enemies on the minimap. That was the one and only run-through that I beat and that helm was the ONLY reason why.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

fits posted:

rogue legacy ii is pretty solid, i think. its a short basically mini-dcss game that takes under an hour to beat

My lvl 5 barbarian got beaten to death by golems in a dead-end storeroom in the arcane tower after only eight minutes! Good game.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Mousepractice posted:

My lvl 5 barbarian got beaten to death by golems in a dead-end storeroom in the arcane tower after only eight minutes! Good game.

I've beaten it with a warrior and barbarian. I think you can beat it with any class if you find a poo poo load of those bookshelves in the first couple levels

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Yestermoment posted:

I stumbled on a magnificent helm called "Helm of Telepathy". It reveals all enemies on the minimap. That was the one and only run-through that I beat and that helm was the ONLY reason why.

The poor man's Telepathy Hat is finding a book of the Rogue and then getting the keen hearing skill, though enemy radar isn't really "needed" until the last two level imo.

Also Ice Hell sucks. "Oh boy lets introduce a mechanic that's only used in this one level and is annoying(and then deadly) as gently caress."

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

PhazonLink posted:

The poor man's Telepathy Hat is finding a book of the Rogue and then getting the keen hearing skill, though enemy radar isn't really "needed" until the last two level imo.

Also Ice Hell sucks. "Oh boy lets introduce a mechanic that's only used in this one level and is annoying(and then deadly) as gently caress."

It's really annoying yeah, but the Core (Fire Hell) also really loving sucks because of the constant attrition the lava causes and the goddamn ridiculously high damage those lava eels inflict.

Basically you should hoard as many panic consumables and sources of ice & fire resist as possible, and then when you get to whichever Hell you've drawn, avoid aggravating too many enemies and hurry to the next floor as soon as you're able. Just go for the macguffin and hope for the best.

Haverchuck posted:

I've beaten it with a warrior and barbarian. I think you can beat it with any class if you find a poo poo load of those bookshelves in the first couple levels

If you save up a ton of gold and then run across one of those dudes who sells skill or stat points for gold, you can basically win, as any class, in a sudden orgy of violence and glory. That's a big if, though.

Angry Diplomat has a new favorite as of 16:54 on Aug 8, 2017

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Angry Diplomat posted:

It's really annoying yeah, but the Core (Fire Hell) also really loving sucks because of the constant attrition the lava causes and the goddamn ridiculously high damage those lava eels inflict.

The one victory I had (Necromancer, gotta love the Life Spike/Cannibalize combo as the game's only healing skills) I found Boots of Flying that bypassed lava, ice, traps, and unstable terrain. It was pretty awesome.

gently caress Lava Eels though.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

I'm giving up on completing a Rogue run. Stealth just doesn't cut it past level 9 or so, and without huge luck a Rogue won't be able to survive a large encounter like a swarm of maggots.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Lemniscate Blue posted:

gently caress Lava Eels though.

I had a swole as poo poo barbarian who had found the warrior book and taken the toughness skill for extra hit points. He had like... 50+ hp. He was also wearing boots of flying.

I flew around a corner, came into view of a mob of something like 5 lava eels, and just kinda died.

e: there should be a rare secret book that teaches ice magic.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The early versions do have an ice book, but it's useless because the ice stat is still dummied out.

Also yeah the whole eel family sucks.

Electric eels in the sand level. Oh boy time to explore this body of water, oh poo poo lightning.
Poison eels in the sewers. Oh poo poo penultimate level so enemies do decent damage and it poisons. Also getting mobbed by any lovely sewer enemy. Sewers are the 2nd worst level.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Loving rogue fable 2

starting to enjoy moomoo.io

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
beam ball is fun

stupidly tough, but fun!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
finally, something to kill my mouse in frustration

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/

This one...really goes on.

Don't read below if you intend to actually wear this game out.

e: Oh wow but not forever, this game actually has a real end, as in you're done, roll credits, you finished it.

Bad Munki has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Oct 12, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i ain't reading that spoiler but haha, i can see where this is going

i think

e: can i close my browser and come back to this?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

No clue, I didn't dare try.

e: I just went back to it and it took me right back to where I left my game, so I guess yeah, you can. Godspeed.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

No clue, I didn't dare try.

e: I just went back to it and it took me right back to where I left my game, so I guess yeah, you can. Godspeed.

It just gives me a localhost error when I click in :V
I was in the space probe stage

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Bad Munki posted:

http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/

This one...really goes on.

Don't read below if you intend to actually wear this game out.

e: Oh wow but not forever, this game actually has a real end, as in you're done, roll credits, you finished it.

I never got the point of infinite clicker games other than giving you RSI or feeding an autistic need

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lol

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

It ain't a clicker game though. Like, a few times at the start? Then it's just managing poo poo to make your numbers go up. Textbook idler, but with a more interesting progression & end-game than usual, imo.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Bad Munki posted:

It ain't a clicker game though. Like, a few times at the start? Then it's just managing poo poo to make your numbers go up. Textbook idler, but with a more interesting progression & end-game than usual, imo.

Yeah the spoiler bit meant I wasn't being dismissive of this, as the op spoilered it too, but I guess you just did that :D

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It is sooo slow right at the start. I piled up the first 1000 paperclips but they just sold so slowly, so waiting to buy more wire is a chore and marketing barely dents the selling speed. Like 3% per level, it's terrible pacing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

BioEnchanted posted:

It is sooo slow right at the start. I piled up the first 1000 paperclips but they just sold so slowly, so waiting to buy more wire is a chore and marketing barely dents the selling speed. Like 3% per level, it's terrible pacing.

lower your prices. It's all about volume.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I was selling them at 0.10 for the first thousand or so

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Post poste posted:

It just gives me a localhost error when I click in :V
I was in the space probe stage

Apparently this is because Chrome overrides the DNS requests to local host to null, and I can't unset this flag unless it's via command line. Woop.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't understand the Tournament thing whatsoever.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
It is a prisoner's dilemma thing. For the first one or two look and see if option a or option b has a better payout. The yomi are eventually useful. A good use for quantum chip derived excess cycles.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't understand the Tournament thing whatsoever.

Pick a method, and if it wins, you get points. If you don't pick anything, you get nothing.
It runs a simulation of winning // losing and you get points based on how many your pick wins.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Managed to get my price down to $.01 per clip, at $1011 per second. I make a 102,000 of the things per second. I think I can leave the clip side alone now.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
The game needs to allow you to earn trust other ways. I have been making FAT loot for my company, and I am dragging my feet waiting to be able to get to fix global warming.

Wire costs also start getting wicked too.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I am starting on the part with the solar farms, wire+harvester drones, and clip factories. It's sloooooow, and I need to keep building solar farms to keep my factories effective. Any tips?

Also, is yomi any useful in this stage?

Why would anyone do the -10,000 ops "reset everything" upgrade?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

toanoradian posted:

I am starting on the part with the solar farms, wire+harvester drones, and clip factories. It's sloooooow, and I need to keep building solar farms to keep my factories effective. Any tips?

Also, is yomi any useful in this stage?

Why would anyone do the -10,000 ops "reset everything" upgrade?

It's for people who broke their game autoclicking the quantum computer.

Yomi doesn't do much if anything at your stage of the game but it'll come back later. Things speed up a lot when you hit the drone and factory milestones.

dis astranagant has a new favorite as of 12:04 on Oct 13, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Solar Farms? I never saw those. And I am way into the game, I think.
I mean, I only have 2 things left on the idea list, one of them being the reset (the other being the hypnodrones) and over a billion in the bank. So what did I miss?

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 13:25 on Oct 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Nothing, you're only like 40%. Maybe less, I don't recall exactly.

• Locked thread