Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Nobody cares. Post a new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Dead Cow posted:

Can anyone who played the original link confirm it's the same game? I'm getting the same error Munki is

It's the same.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Politricks (LCH)

Launch game with a bouncing mechanic.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Into Space 2 (LCH)

Almost the same as the first, but they've added missions that are necessary for unlocking the ability to buy components.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Berzerk Ball 2 (LCH)

Kinda frustrating at the earlier stages, but aren't all launch games?

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

MildManeredManikin posted:

Am I the only person here that beat Fold? I thought it wasn't that hard once you caught on to some of the main tricks.

Nope. Once I got the hang of it, most levels were simple. The T was the first head-scratcher, but then I slept on it and knocked it out and every other level.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Mescal posted:

What was the recentish game that came out where you're (I think) a Ninja in a castle, exploring down the stories of the building? It was polished and fairly difficult, with weapon upgrades. Your character moves really acrobatically. It was MAYBE an adult swim game.

Super House of Dead Ninjas

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
And y'all are going to do it all again when it comes out on Kongregate.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Doakes posted:

I'm looking for flash games that where created to advertise products, can anyone help me think of any? I need to find as many as possible. The first one that came to mind was this one by Pot Noodle at the moment where winners get a chance to win one of the new ones: https://www.facebook.com/potnoodle?fref=ts . I seem to remember a few flash games sponsored by beer companies, like a golf one or something.

Not a flash game, but I think everyone should know that this exists and was created to advertise a game that advertises a candy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw7uhVtpI5I

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Hoops posted:

I've just finished a particularly intense month and I'm taking the night off to sit in bed and do gently caress all. There's about 15 pages of new posts since the last time I checked this thread, is there anything really good in there? Something I can relax and drop two hours into. Mouse-only would be preferable, but I've never been a fan of tower defence games (except Kingdom Rush).

If you like logic puzzles, I suggest nikoli.com. It's a pay site, but they have free versions of each of their puzzles. I spend an hour or so on there each day.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Ancient Greek Geometry (PU)

Construct a handfull of shapes using just a straightedge and a compass. There are various challenges such as completing the shape within a certain amount of steps or completing it within one of the two initial circles you can create.

Each of your "moves" are saved in the url, so you can share solutions without having to type anything up.

Edit: this also works on my iPhone and doesn't require an internet connection past the initial load. I'll definitely be playing this on my commute.

Anaconda Rifle has a new favorite as of 13:15 on Jul 2, 2013

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Sappo569 posted:

Unless I'm really stupid, am I missing something?

I click "Light Fire", and the little bar scrolls down... and right back to "Light Fire", over and over

I get the feeling my flash thingy isn't working properly.

Eventually you run out of wood and other things start happening.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Blocks with letters on 4 (PU)

Move blocks around the screen to spell a word in a specific location. Can be extremely frustrating, but I have really enjoyed this series in the past.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

RillAkBea posted:

I had a lot of downtime from work recently, and I feel like I caught the dumb from not doing anything. What are some good brain trainy or otherwise puzzling flash games?

http://nikoli.com/en

I use it every day to wake my brain up.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Should I enchant the leather gloves, or will I get something better to use that on later?

You can always get more.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Can someone help me find a game I played once? It was an abstract RPG played in rectangular cells. You clicked the cells to "explore" or "fight" the contents. You leveled up and chose which attribute boost. At the bottom was a very long horizontal cell that was the boss.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

VietTam posted:

I've got you covered http://www.nekogames.jp/g.html?gid=PRM
Also thanks for reminding me of this.

Perfect. Thanks.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Captain Trips posted:

YES! Thanks, that was driving me crazy.

This game will do that.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
New Eyezmaze game in the Grow series: Grow Clay

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I liked Candy Box and A Dark Room where there was an actual game component and you got to explore the game world and see things open up and stuff. But it seems like since then it's just been Cookie Clicker clones where it's literally nothing but making a number go up more.

Are there any others in the Candy Box / Dark Room vein?

You're asking for RPGs that have an idle element?

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Submachine 9 on Kongregate. I haven't played through it yet, but I'm guessing that if it's around the same quality as the other 8, it's worth a look.

Point and click puzzle game with some sort of story.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

dis astranagant posted:

Flappy Bird's popularity is pretty inexplicable tbh

The average person is really stupid.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
I know exactly what you're talking about and will try to find it.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Parasol Prophet posted:

This looks completely different from what I remember, but the mechanics and everything are familiar. I also think I was playing the game I'm thinking of before this one was released-- at least according to the dates on Kongregate and Armor Games. There seemed to be more of a mining bent toward it, I don't think it was as cartoony. So I don't think this is the one, but if nothing else turns up it's close enough for me. Thanks!

Chuck The Sheep was the one I was thinking of too.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

I love art games.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Should I be ashamed of having all 15 shiny kongpanions so far? Don't worry, I'm not neglecting a loved one or anything.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Len posted:

I've been working on this for a couple days. It's a launcher game meets flappy bird kind of. Press the button to go up let go to go down. It isn't anywhere near as good as the other Infectionators.

There's also the problem that boosting and "flapping" both use the mouse. Boosting should definitely be tied to a keyboard key so I don't have to lose my position while mousing over to the button.

Edit: Nether Runner is a much better launch game. Lots more control, lots more things to do, bosses, missions, fun.

Anaconda Rifle has a new favorite as of 08:39 on Jun 7, 2014

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

drunken officeparty posted:

I've been playing Dr.Meth for the past 2 days and still haven't beat it :arghfist:. It's basically Cookie Clicker with meth.

Why do you think you can beat it?

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Krome is kinda like snake and flappy birds. Yeah. That's about as best as I can describe it.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Cardinal Quest 2. A rouge-like that's pretty fun. Your overall progress boosts your future runs.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Well that's embarrassing. You'd think I'd have learned to stop posting while exhausted by now.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Can one of you start an Idle/Clicker Game megathread in games?

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

FactsAreUseless posted:

That sounds like too much pointless busywork.

You're saying someone wouldn't get off on watch the thread views/replies climb? The ultimate idle game.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Quantum of Light (PU)

Simple puzzle game where you redirect light beams to a goal.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Galaxy Siege 2 (LCH) (SH)

Build your ship out of modules, fly around and kill stuff, buy new modules, repeat. Much more a launch game than a shooter.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
There's another thread entirely for idle/incremental games.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
MadBurger 3 (LCH)

Another launch game with some weird mini games.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I can get why people like most genres I don't(Tower Defense, MOBAs, etc) but idle games/clickers loving baffle me. Like, they make Farmville look like a deep, robust gaming experience.

We're a generation of micro-rewards. It feels good to get that next level of whatever even if you didn't have to work hard for it.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Centripetal Horse posted:

I think Bloons is probably the best Flash tower defense series ever made.

You shut your whore mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Crunkjuice posted:

Whatever this is looks cool, but theres no one on it to play :(

Just sit for a bit. It doesn't show individuals joining until you have a full team.

• Locked thread