Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Folds is annoying as hell. Most of the puzzles I get stuck on hitting like 76% and fiddling with refolding parts of it in different order etc for half an hour before being able to progress because of a tiny little edge. Like, that is the hard part of the game, it's pretty easy to figure out how to fold, but then you spent so much time getting the folds juuuust right that it's just ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I think it's kind of like the insult swordfights in the first Monkey Island, except the bot is Guybrush. It hears a lot of different statements, and doesn't know which responses are appropiate. It will keep repeating them until it gets a satisfactory response. Like the comebacks in monkey island, you had to keep trying out the insults you knew until you knew all the retorts.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I basically hit random buttons and got to blue & purple. How far from that to the endgame?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Is there a wrassle game, but like QWOP?

I just wanna mash buttons and see wrestlers contort themselves and I don't care about the score.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Not good enough, but thanks!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I basically want no control at all.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Am I supposed to google these games myself? :mad:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

There's a certain point for me where the dopamine reward for completing a game is less than the annoying effort of doing it. Especially when they get into like timing-based puzzles, it just turns me off completely. I'll sit and figure out how to do the level, and then just not do it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bad Munki posted:

The perfect balance of that would of course be Tower of Heaven. And the spot-on tri-color retro style and absolutely amazing soundtrack are a pretty solid bonus.

Love that game so much. JUST enough frustration to make it feel really rewarding when you finally get it right, without just making you straight up quit.

Oh I like this (so far!!!).Thanks for the link! :)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Anaconda Rifle posted:

I've been slowly working my way through Mine of Sight. It's a puzzle game like minesweeper, but with more mechanics. Really great puzzles.

3 levels to go.

I'm dumb as gently caress.

Do I need to go 2nd degree to figure out level 10? I can pass the level by guessing, but I want to know the key...

There's a bunch of spots I'm pretty sure have a mine/no mine, and I mark them and it's ok, but there's not a one that I'm sure on from the start.... But what's the place to hit without guessing?

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 23:07 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Thanks guys

So it is "2nd degree", cause I was trying to figure it just by simple ones, "ok, zero here, clear those" etc. Also that minesweeper reflex is so hard to get rid of

• Locked thread