Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«86 »
Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Blood Empress of Thunderdome

Tap to emit spores

Clapping Larry

Erik Shawn-Bohner posted:

Ok, you and me are paired now.

P.S. I'm also judging our match.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

You're on. Judge man, hit me with a prompt.

Oh is this where we sign up for a J/O buddy? I was confused I thought this was dick-smashing, ball-crushing Thunderdome

Judges give me someone hardcore to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW

Sitting Here posted:

Oh is this where we sign up for a J/O buddy? I was confused I thought this was dick-smashing, ball-crushing Thunderdome

My circlejerks are always hardcore.

Ever play that game where you throw a peanut up in the air and try to catch it in your mouth? It's a lot like that.

Fanky Malloons
Aug 21, 2010

Is your social worker inside that horse?

I'm currently writing a paper about the practice of taking skulls as trophies during the Pacific conflict, so I'm feeling pretty hardcore. GIVE ME A PARTNER SO I CAN STRIP THE FLESH FROM THEIR FACE AND USE THEIR MANDIBLE AS A BOOT SPUR.

Etherwind
Apr 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 1855 days!

Soiled Meat

Sitting Here posted:

I volunteer.

Now that you've stopped laughing: really. I'm giving this my all, and short of something going spectacularly wrong when I'm at the dentist's tomorrow, I intend to give whoever I get a run for their money. Metaphorically.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

I got it wrong. Look, I'm well aware I got it wrong and uh, I got it wrong.

Sitting Here posted:

gently caress you in the face, there's nothing more hardcore than the beef I'm bringing. Once I've slaughtered Bonerman, you're next.

Rose Wreck
Jun 15, 2012

My circlejerks are always hardcore.

Ever play that game where you throw a peanut up in the air and try to catch it in your mouth? It's a lot like that.

This is only hardcore if you are in the same room with other people and throw it too far to one side or the other and both lunge for it at the same time and both end up in terrible terrible pain.

Alternate theory: I am just an idiot.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

I could hear the roots of loneliness creeping through me when the world was hushed at four o'clock in the morning

Weren't there supposed to be a bunch of chucklefucks reporting in from the chickencheese thunderdome session

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Weren't there supposed to be a bunch of chucklefucks reporting in from the chickencheese thunderdome session

Looks like the chucklefucks are present and accounted for. We're waiting on the poo poo magicians.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Looks like the chucklefucks are present and accounted for. We're waiting on the poo poo magicians.

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

I probably shouldn't be in during finals but whatever! In.

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW

I think Syrup Muff and I should have a prompt about cripples. They're gross and fitting to the subject matter of the TD.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

I'm back on the inside.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

IN.

SHITBAGS.

V for Vegas
Aug 31, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

For those of you waiting for a prompt, or on the fence about getting in - here is a teaser prompt.

Only ONE pair will get this prompt. So you can start writing for it now but do so in the knowledge you have, currently, a 1 in 10 chance of being allocated this choice.

A Horde of Corpses

From the latest 'Recommended Reading' by Electric Literature.

quote:

“James Stewart with his haunted expression is dead, and the balding man at the bar behind him (his blonde hair brushed back from his calvity) dead, and the romantic trio in the background (the woman in the dovegray pea coat, her date in his charcoal suit, the tall gentleman chaperoning the two of them) every one of them dead, struck down by the last half century.”

Write the story of the death of one (or more) of these characters. The dead person cannot be Stewart, although he should be involved in the death in some way.

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW

Flash Fiction Thunderdome - A Literary Circlejerk. Now with friendly fire!

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

This is what you get for running under the wire.

THUNDERDOME

I'm in, and ready to go out in a BLAZE OF GLORY

(blaze may be from flaming dogshit)

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

conquistador wuz heer

Flash Fiction Thunderdome - A Literary Circlejerk. Now with friendly fire!

Nuthin' friendly about it

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Tap to emit spores

Clapping Larry

Etherwind posted:

I volunteer.

Now that you've stopped laughing: really. I'm giving this my all, and short of something going spectacularly wrong when I'm at the dentist's tomorrow, I intend to give whoever I get a run for their money. Metaphorically.

I hereby accept this challenge if the judges say it's ok

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW

Sitting Here posted:

I hereby accept this challenge if the judges say it's ok

I give it my blessing.

Just kneel and kiss the ring.

AutoSnakes
Apr 29, 2009

A "thunderdome loser" avatar lead me to this terrible, terrible place.

But I'd rather leave as a piece of gore stuck to someone's boot than a coward. I'm in.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Tap to emit spores

Clapping Larry

I give it my blessing.

Just kneel and kiss the ring.

A tip for for the uninitiated, if ESB asks you to do this, it is never a finger ring. And despite what he says, there's nothing in the Thunderdome rules that says you have to.

Etherwind
Apr 22, 2008
Probation

Soiled Meat

Is there anything in the rules against cutting the ring out? Hypothetically.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

That would be incredibly unhygienic.

Etherwind
Apr 22, 2008
Probation

Soiled Meat

All that is truly great in life is unhygienic, and typically involves an rear end in a top hat.

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.

Throw me in to even it up.

*puts on two brass knuckles that read WORD THUG*

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW

Sitting Here posted:

there's nothing in the Thunderdome rules that says you have to.

This isn't 'nam, Walter. There are rules.

Ronnie_Long
Jun 7, 2003

cock of the walk

Baby's First Thunderdome. I'm in.

V for Vegas
Aug 31, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

26 contestants at the moment. That's 13 death matches.

Etherwind
Apr 22, 2008
Probation

Soiled Meat

Deathmatches? Yeah, I could go a round of rocket tag.

Rose Wreck
Jun 15, 2012

Ronnie_Long posted:

Baby's First Thunderdome. I'm in.

Oh no, don't psych yourself out.

Like I should have named myself Rose Confidence or something. But no I had to go for the fractured-fairy-tale feel. Now look at me.

Anyway eat a couple emotes and psych yourself up for action-packed chase scenes, this is Thunderdome and nobody wants a pacifier.

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW

thunderdome is so boring i cant believe you nerds are still doing this baby poo poo

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Tap to emit spores

Clapping Larry

Rose Wreck posted:

Oh no, don't psych yourself out.

Like I should have named myself Rose Confidence or something. But no I had to go for the fractured-fairy-tale feel. Now look at me.

Anyway eat a couple emotes and psych yourself up for action-packed chase scenes, this is Thunderdome and nobody wants a pacifier.

Not true, I use my binky (thunderdome industry term) to assuage the savage gnashing of my teeth so that I don't chew through my own lower jaw while listening to the pitiful mewling and bleating pre-game time.

Rose Wreck
Jun 15, 2012

That's why you get a bite guard. With metal spikes on the side so nobody stands too close to you. And a chainsaw helmet.

Also more people should post works in progress or projects, I want to concrit someone so hard their weakness bleeds out on the spot and makes them a stronger better writer.

Etherwind
Apr 22, 2008
Probation

Soiled Meat

You have teeth? drat, you have it easy. I've got to gum people to death.

Takes more effort.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

If there is an uneven number of participants, I will step in to face the odd man.

V for Vegas
Aug 31, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Draws coming up.

Etherwind
Apr 22, 2008
Probation

Soiled Meat

Martello posted:

If there is an uneven number of participants, I will step in to face the odd man.

I guess not everyone's suicidal enough to face the odd woman.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Etherwind posted:

I guess not everyone's suicidal enough to face the odd woman.

The women are the most dangerous, considering that Sitting Here has won 3 (technically 4) times and Fanky is just terrifying.

Etherwind
Apr 22, 2008
Probation

Soiled Meat

I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Aug 31, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

THE DRAW

SurreptitiousMuffin v Erik Shawn-Bohner

Sitting Here v Etherwind

Jonked v Jeza

Capntastic v Zack_Gochuck (AKA the battle of the Losertars)

Bad Seafood v Tender Child Loins

The Saddest Rhino v sebmojo

AutoSnakes v Ronnie_Long (Congratulations, one of you will win in your very first Thunderdome! And then go on to be smashed)

Benagain v Noah

Velyoukai v sentientcarbon

Found Sound v Seldom Posts

Canadian Surf Club v Rose Wreck

Peel v Greatbacon

Bear Sleuth v Fanky Malloons

LordVonEarlDuke v Martello

Trash talking your foe is not against the rules.

Prompts will be coming up over the next hour.

«86 »