Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
Sure, though how many poetry prompts were there last year? If <=1, then I don't mind if it's upped a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
There were few weeks where people put poems as their entries on their own volition. These people are mad. But the number of weeks where we have to write poems is exactly one: Week VII, "The goons who lose will pay the highest price." Read a bit on all the previous prompts, would you? The OP worked hard to write them.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Dear Thunderdome,

I know we don't really know each other very well, but I think we could have some good times if we tried. We hung out a couple of times, and it was really fun! If you like, I'll come along when you are next available and we can hang out some more. Sorry for not being around recently, but you know, it was christmas and stuff. But now that that is over, I am going to be around more and maybe we could go catch a movie or something? I think that would be fun!

Yours sincerely, Meis

P.S. I drew a pic of us together.

:h::h::h::h::h::h::h::h::h:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Good: Good lines, colors.

Bad: No forward narrative movement. Poor punctuation.

Overall: The gently caress?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Don't kinkshame, please. Not her fault she found multi-headed enraged Super Saiyan attractive.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
My initial impressions of Mr. T. Dome:

But I don't trust my initial impressions, and furthermore, don't advise anyone else to.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I think you'll find that it is a many-headed angry beast with a blazing aura. :colbert:

Y'all should check your privilages.

On a serious note, I'm just going to say that this is honestly the literal best thread for writing on the entire internet. Everything about this thread is so fun to experience; the writing, the reading, and just general posting of people in this thread. A+ 10/10 would post again.

edit:

supermikhail posted:

My initial impressions of Mr. T. Dome:

But I don't trust my initial impressions, and furthermore, don't advise anyone else to.

Yeah see, if I had any artistic ability...

But hey, just because it looks like this doesn't mean it's bad or horrible or full of malice or anything! People should know better than to just take things at face value! That said it's not really anyone problem if this thread is ~too deep for you~

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
There is no Prince Adam behind that beast, Meis. There is only The Beast.

Fanky Malloons
Aug 21, 2010

Is your social worker inside that horse?

STONE OF MADNESS posted:

Personally, I say can the macho poo poo

Why do all the new people say this? That is the best part of the thread, and I won't hear otherwise. :colbert:

Iroel
Jun 28, 2012

Fanky Malloons posted:

Why do all the new people say this? That is the best part of the thread, and I won't hear otherwise. :colbert:

Because we don't play by the rules, sorry.

swaziloo
Aug 29, 2012
This whole circle jerk is making me feel a little gross, but I must admit that Thunderdome is the only place I have found where the self-gratification is in check and some actual hard work gets done.

+1 on the paired critiques

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I think that the submitting to journals aspect is something that should stay. The week we had to do that, had all of us been rejected yeah that might have been something, but now its clearly apparent that the reason why people aren't published is due to lack of motivation.

Hell, many people who got published were also ripped to shreds in the thread, so really why the hell not? The caveat of that week was you didn't have to submit, but you weren't allowed to win unless you did. That seems like a fine rule.

Also +1 to paired critiques as well. And Thunderbrawls.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Can the macho poo poo?

HHAHAHAHA

No loving chance.

New thread will be up in the next three hours.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Real talk, people - I've had a great time with this contest and I plan on continuing to run it until I die, pipes! bans me, or SA goes down, whichever happens first. Erik Shawn-Bohner and Stuporstar are just as much father/mother of this twisted demon retard child, but I'm the one buying him little onesies and feeding him rancid milk from the teat of a fanged cow and whatnot.

I plan on doing more pair-off head-to-head prompts like V for Vegas had us do, and Thunderbrawls need to happen more often than not. I'd love to have one or more brawls going on every week along with the main contest. If people don't start challenging each other, I'll throw the glove down myself.

My goal for this contest has been to get people to write more and to have fun. Many participants have told me they've been writing more since they joined Thunderdome than they have in the past however many years, and I know for a fact everyone has a blast around here. As long as we can keep up that poo poo (including the macho poo poo you shameful crying baby bitches) I'll be happy to keep running this thing. More poetry prompts are cool too.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Martello posted:

Can the macho poo poo?

HHAHAHAHA

No loving chance.

Word. Thunderdome exists to make us beasts of the written word. There is no word for "quiche" in the English language except that which we savagely pirated from the French.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Martello posted:

Real talk, people - I've had a great time with this contest and I plan on continuing to run it until I die, pipes! bans me, or SA goes down, whichever happens first. Erik Shawn-Bohner and Stuporstar are just as much father/mother of this twisted demon retard child, but I'm the one buying him little onesies and feeding him rancid milk from the teat of a fanged cow and whatnot.

I plan on doing more pair-off head-to-head prompts like V for Vegas had us do, and Thunderbrawls need to happen more often than not. I'd love to have one or more brawls going on every week along with the main contest. If people don't start challenging each other, I'll throw the glove down myself.

My goal for this contest has been to get people to write more and to have fun. Many participants have told me they've been writing more since they joined Thunderdome than they have in the past however many years, and I know for a fact everyone has a blast around here. As long as we can keep up that poo poo (including the macho poo poo you shameful crying baby bitches) I'll be happy to keep running this thing. More poetry prompts are cool too.

Brawls are great fun. I will make it a condition of winning for the next week that you have to challenge someone.

ALL HAIL THUNDERDOME.

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW

budgieinspector posted:

Word. Thunderdome exists to make us beasts of the written word. There is no word for "quiche" in the English language except that which we savagely pirated from the French.

Welcome home.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Should we wait for the next thread for challenges/prompts?

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW
probly

You guys can try to suggest a prompt to open the new thread with, though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Erik Shawn-Bohner posted:

probly

You guys can try to suggest a prompt to open the new thread with, though.

Good point. Throw them out there and we'll probably pick one.

E: also what the poo poo is up with this thread title can you explain plz tia

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
If we're going for poetry prompts, why not

You must write a poem in any style EXCEPT free verse. You must adhere to a codified form and tell us which form you plan to write it when you sign up.

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW
If one of you judges picks poetry, send a representative to PM Ozma. She seems down for the poetry prompts.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

sebmojo posted:

Good point. Throw them out there and we'll probably pick one.

E: also what the poo poo is up with this thread title can you explain plz tia

Something SaviourX said ITT because some wonderful goon bought him a custom title with a giant poo log as the photo. I guess poo's not allowed because the photo's gone. The words are still there and still 100% true.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Bad Seafood e-mail me at hahaha no email here so we can do super secret judge talks and poo poo on people. I AM AWARE SPOILERING DOES NOTHING BUT IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER.

And if we're doing 13 simultaneous brawls while also trying to run a contest things could get overwhelmed. Perhaps nominate a neutral third party to judge individual brawls, with the judges stepping in when someone inevitably shits the bed?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Sebmojo is not actual legit cyberpunk.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Benagain posted:

And if we're doing 13 simultaneous brawls while also trying to run a contest things could get overwhelmed. Perhaps nominate a neutral third party to judge individual brawls, with the judges stepping in when someone inevitably shits the bed?

Yeah, the way sebmojo did for twinkle and I.

And he sure the gently caress is legit cyberpunk. :argh:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Mecha Bob Ross will destroy you.

Also it's been more than three hours what the hell Marty.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Mecha Bob Ross will destroy you.

Also it's been more than three hours what the hell Marty.

I'm literally typing it right now, settle down Kiwi.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bad Seafood posted:

Sebmojo is not actual legit cyberpunk.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Martello posted:

Yeah, the way sebmojo did for twinkle and I.

And he sure the gently caress is legit cyberpunk. :argh:

Sounds like robo papa needs to cyber regulate.

Prompt done, Benagain will deliver it when the new thread is up.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
:black101: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3527428&pagenumber=1#post411355781 :black101:

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

We shed this thread like a chrysalis.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I LOVE THIS loving THREAD AND THE PEOPLE IN IT

Martello, ESB, Stuporstar, S. Muffin, Fanky, Sebmojo, capntastic, CHAIRCHUCKER, dromer, toanradian (or however the hell you spell it), and whoever else is in here every week kicking rear end or having their asses kicked until there is nothing left but an rear end in a top hat (think doughnut holes but rear end)

Also Etherwind, my favorite nemesis/buddy (I still need to get back to you via PM sorry)

This year I resolve to attain new levels of grit and savagery in the thunderdome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Sitting Here posted:

toanradian (or however the hell you spell it)

If you want to make it simple, the origin of my nickname is a manifesto written after horrible 8th grade maths class: To A No Radian World, Keep Degrees.