Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy
Listen all.
This is the truth of it... writing leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. That was drat near the death of us all. Look at us now - busted up, and everyone talking about SlothMaster. But we've learned by the dust of them all... CC learned. Now, when men get to writing, it happens here. And it finishes here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy
Cool, I love Thunderstorm.
I'll be playing too.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy
Quietly, quickly, cooly, Cody disappeared beneath the black water of the spring that once babbled and tinkled down the rocky, barren ravine that lay behind us. It was all behind us really. The war. The winter. We were left now with the tedious task of survival. Survival in this... The X Zone.

My heart stopped as I stepped into the water. It was bitter cold and emitted the stuff of nausea. Less a pool and more a bouibasse of garbage and decay. I could make out the image a baby doll submerged in the shallows just off the bank, held down in the sand against her will by other rotting and twisted remants of lives long passed. The last rays of the red sun flickered across the water's surface and the doll looked up at me with its dead eyes, pleading. Sorry sister. I just blinked and trudged on, following Cody's lead. As always.

He said he had been this way before, that there was an underwater tunnel leading to a cavern, and that we'd be safe. We seldom spoke - me because I lacked the strength, and Cody because he didn't waste time - so when he opened his mouth I listened. I listened, and I trusted him. I had trusted him since the moment we met, months ago, but there was something I was keeping from him. A burden too heavy for him to carry, even on those broad shoulders of his. I carried it alone, in silence, in secret. Even though it was his too...

The water was to my shoulders now and I was face to face with the reality of submerging into this pool of foul, dark water. I knew the smell of human blood well, and had learned to ignore it without second thought. I offered my dignity up as a sacrifice to the cruel necessity of survival, breathed in deeply and braced my nerves for the descent.

Just then lightning cracked behind me. I spun around and saw the sky lit up beneath her mane of gray clouds. I exhaled and turned back around, jarred suddenly by the pair of eyes staring into my own. Cody had resurfaced. He breathed something hastily, probably "c'mon", and his expression betrayed concern. He paid no attention to the sky, to the sound of thunder as it began to stur and rumble behind me. He grabbed my hand and returned to the cold depths, pulling me with him.

We swam down until I could see the mouth of a concrete pipe. Just big enough for an adult to slip through. Cody held back and let me go in first. I clawed at the smooth concrete walls of the pipe, dragging myself forward. I could make out light trickling dimly into the water just a few body lengths ahead. I found myself in a pool much shallower than the one at the entrace. As soon as I cleared the pipe I was able to stand up in knee-deep water.

The cavern entrance was a small den. A flashlight, Cody's, was sitting in a crevice at the far wall illumating mattresses and tarps along the muddy bank. I saw what appeared to be a blanket floating just at the waterline, wafting in the current created by my emergence. As I walked closer ashore I noticed frills. It wasn't a blanket. It was a dress.

Then my eyes caught another, this one tattered, partially stuffed beneath a mattress. Then another. My head began to swim and I lost my balance for a moment.

Behind me I could hear droplets of water hitting the surface, slowly and in no great quantity, as if Cody was just standing there.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy
I like you, pipes!.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy
The sound of warm rain...
The sound of it.
Warm rain.

Tempura Wizard posted:

I have never done any creative writing outside of a class before (and that was over ten years ago).

*2 Hours Later*

Tempura Wizard posted:

I've never done any creative writing before.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy
I can't say with any certainty what honesty might profit one in the Thunderdome... but I pray that the deceitful and those who would use humility as a shield meet ignoble, wretched deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy
We survived Thunderdome!
...but at what cost?

Farewell, Capntastic.