Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I'll take a stab at this. I think I'm in before the extended deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Mighty Seraphim

Jackson glared at the camera in the corner of the room, he couldn’t remember the last time he wasn’t being watched by half the galaxy. He kept reminding himself that one more victory in the coliseum is all they needed, after that his army known as the Seraphim would be free to return home. He looked back down at the table where he had laid out the plan for the final battle.

“Think we’ll get to go home today boss?”

“You definitely won’t pipsqueak, but I’ll be sure to console your mother” Eddie said with a laugh.

“Zip it Ed. We’ll go home if we win today Tony and don’t call me boss, we’re all equals here. Now go get ready it’s almost time to start.” Tony entered the lift for the armory and gave the two others a small smile as he left.

“’We’re all equals’, that’s rich Jax. Tony is weak as hell, not even half the fighter of you or me. That kid ain’t got a chance in hell of making it out of here alive. None of us do really.” Jackson got up from the table, grabbed Eddie by his shirt collar and threw him against the wall.

“I know exactly what our chances are.” Jackson drew his knife out of his pocket and pressed it to Eddie’s neck. “Hope is our strongest ally here Ed. I don’t need you walking around telling people things are over before they’ve even started. You’re my right hand, what kind of message do you think that sends? Take a moment, pull it together, then go suit up.”

Jackson gave Eddie a shove towards the lift. Eddie rubbed his neck and checked for blood, “the Entites have drat near twice as many men as we do and let’s not forget that they have that freak Zebadiah. But whatever you say boss” Eddie said with a smile as he left for the armory.

:phoneline:

Jackson strapped on his armor and picked up his shield, sword and spear. Even after three years Jackson was surprised by how light everything felt, “lunar gravity” he thought to himself. He grabbed his helmet and headed towards the staging area. Tony and Eddie joined him on the platform that would rise to the coliseum floor. After a few moments the warning lights in the staging area began to flash and the platform began to rise. Jackson placed a hand on Tony’s shoulder as the platform rose, and gave him a slight nod. Tony and Eddie shielded their eyes from the light as the platform cleared the ground level of the coliseum. The roar of the crowd was pretty high at this point, every seat had been sold out. Jackson looked up at the scoreboard to see the tallies for the strength of each army.

SERPHAIM - 1035
ENTITE - 1942

“loving bunch of shits. They all come here to watch us die, cheer on every kill. If I could get up into the stands I’d give them something to loving cheer about.”

“Settle down Ed, regardless oh how this goes we’ll never have to see them after tonight.” The other platforms with the rest of the Seraphim army began to clear ground level. Jackson looked at the timer on the scoreboard, “get your game face on we’re starting in a couple minutes.”

Tony handed Jackson a megaphone. He raised it up and shouted “gather ‘round my brothers!” Tony and Eddie stood behind Jackson, and the other members of the Seraphim got as close as they could. Jackson jumped onto an over-turned bucket so that the crowd could see him. “This is it, we’ve come to the end of our journey at last. Three years ago we started this tournament with ten thousand warriors. Together we’ve defeated every army that has been put in our way, and now only one more test remains. The enemy we face is strong, and they nearly double our numbers. The attrition of battle has taken it’s toll, but it’s also hardened you all so that today I stand with a thousand of the fiercest warriors ever known. Every man here is worth ten of theirs!”

“What about Zebadiah? They say he’s bigger than two men combined and can crush a man’s skull with his bare hands,” a voice from the crowd yelled.

“Zebadiah is but a single man. He will fall to our spears and swords you can be sure of that. No man can defeat us, we fight together and together we are greater than any man!” The army gave a cheer, every spectator fell silent. “It’s time to live up to our namesake, lift your voices brothers, strike fear in the hearts of our enemy!”

The army yelled in unison, the sound echoing across the empty coliseum floor and through the stands filled with spectators, “HA-OOH!”

“These Entite mongrels dare to stand in our way! We will not rest until the ground is soaked with their blood!”

“HA-OOH!”

“Like the arch-angels of the God of old, we will rain down destruction upon our enemies. We are the mighty Seraphim!

“HA-OOH!”

“For our fallen brothers! For our families and homes! For each other! HA-OOH!”

“HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH!”

“Charge!” As the Serphaim army rushed towards the Entites, rumbling with a deep battle cry, all of the Entites took a step back.

Jackson pulled his sword out of Zebadiah’s chest. The two of them had battled for what felt like an eternity and he had found himself separated from the rest of his men. Jackson ripped off a piece of his shirt and tied it around his leg to keep the bleeding to a minimum. He gave a quick survey of the battlefield and couldn’t see anyone still fighting. Jackson looked up to the scoreboard and fell to his knees.

SERPHAIM - 1
ENTITE - 0

He began to hear the crowd for the first time since the battle started. Thousands of aliens mimicking “HA-OOH!”