Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Typical GM problem.

As dumb as this sounds, go with the "Gator Belt". With these super long serpentine belts, GM cars for some reason respond to them well.

I had a squeaky belt on the caddy with a standard gates belt, but when I switched to the gator belt, squeaks went away and every thing just seemed to "work better". It could be purely a placebo effect, but lots of Cadillac owners seem to go with them on the Northstars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

IOwnCalculus posted:

Battery in the truck is 100% dead, and I'd rather avoid running all of that poo poo through my fuel filter if I can. I picked up a little red pump at HF, we'll see how it goes.

I use the pump that you stick on the end of a drill. I used it to change the oil in my boat and to drain the tank in the winter. Works really well.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
When was the last time you had an alignment done? I wouldn't completely say its an alignment issue but I wouldn't rule it out.

Are the calipers retracting correctly? I had an old car with a sticky caliper and it would do some of the strangest poo poo with my rears.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Motronic posted:

But it still leaks.

IOwnCalculus posted:

:lol: Lucas Oil, rather.

Connection?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
How about going with hydro boost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Pretty clean truck for the price you paid!

Put a transmission cooler on it with a flush with the correct fluid, and it will last a long time. I would think a oil cooler would be a while your at it thing.