Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Brigdh posted:

I borrowed this from a shop owner I know once, and it convinced me the next time I need to flare brake lines I'm going to just buy it
http://www.eastwood.com/professional-brake-tubing-flaring-tool.html

Yea my buddy has this one and its amazing. So, so worth it if you have the scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea every time I redo brake lines I have a leaker or two. It was happening on the 56 and I didnt know until the pedal almost went to the floor. Single zone brake system too :stare:

When it happened on the C10 I ran over my lovely Harbor Freight angle grinder, haha.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

At least it has a bolt, the 283 is just a press fit (:stonk:) though it does have a keyway.

Parts Kit posted:

Is torque-to-yield where you torque to the point that it's about to fail?

Yes.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Nice, good to see the C10 getting the dust blown off it. I'm gonna take mine out today. Haven't driven it since I got a new toy this summer.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Are you driving on the highway with the windows up? I found mine to be nice on the highway with both down, the car show cards on the dash don't even blow around. It's the only thing I've ever driven that's like that, it's eerie but nice since one vent window is missing completely and the weather stripping is long gone.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

That's looks freakin awesome. So many people put those wheels on the 67-72s but they are so perfect for them. I'm still gonna do it too unless they start producing the ones from the Holley shop truck someday.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

Windows up, it was cold as gently caress.

By Arizona terms, that is. :v: Enough so that at highway speeds with the 180 degree thermostat and the "drafty" nature of the cab, the air from the heater was lukewarm at best.

What was it, 60 degrees? :P

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

That's hilarious, I love the lady cracking up in the background when it happens.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Please dont forget to do an open header video before the exhaust shop. Its in the gearhead rules somewhere near the top of the list.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

angryrobots posted:

I'm surprised that light trailer axle and front suspension (or lack thereof) held on for as long as it did. They're lucky that the failure wasn't a lot more catastrophic. I imagine that, much like Sims truck, the front bodywork of that now Roadkill-iconic truck is impossible to come by.

My buddy has a 48 like Stubby Bob and I think they are just now reproing the front fenders in metal. You can get them in fiberglass for a long time now. A few years ago I know he paid a ton of money for a front fender with minimal rust and dents.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea Ive been staring at that for a while, $1600 is so totally worth it for the better geometry.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Oh man, awesome. Can't wait to see how it goes together. Mines very far away from that stage.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I'm pretty sure they put that or something like it on Hot Rod Garage. The C10 that they changed to a shortbed. Not sure how detailed it is in the episode but may have some pointers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Season 5 episode 60 but its QA1.