Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is there something I can do on PC to cut down on my load times? It seems like with every DLC the MP gets more and more onerous. ME3 now takes about 2 full minutes to load, followed by another minute for just the multiplayer screen, followed by 30 seconds any time I enter or leave a lobby and of course the inevitable store lag. I've been alternating between this and Diablo 3, which makes the contrast so much worse. I don't know if it's necessarily that way for everybody though.

The new content has been hard on my consumables -- I started out the week with everything except thermal packs in the high 70s and now am down to low 30s or worse. I've had to blow so many missiles to carry my team when they insist on revive-chaining directly into Geth Prime beams instead of using one freaking rocket to clear the wave. It's infuriating to watch people just fall over and die on Wave 8-9 or let themselves get stomped early. You'd think with a 1000+ N7 rating you would know that completing Wave 10 is like, half the value of the entire match and would do everything it took to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light-headed Fool
May 17, 2009

Where did my head go?
I'm looking for people to play with (PC), preferably Europeans to minimize lag. I'm probably only a bit above averagely-skilled player so patience might be necessary.

Origin: ferrous_fool

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Radio Paranoia posted:

Praetorians are my new worst enemy. I've had repeated situations where one takes me down close quarters (not a sync-kill) and then everybody else starts dying around me. One medigel later and I'm being stunlock trampled by the crab bastard almost immediately. :argh:

Something about not being able to get away from an enemy just rubs me the wrong way.

Just be glad Bioware didn't go insane with the Reaper minions. Praetorians are essentially 30 Husks combined - imagine if they gave us Banshee Praetorians.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I swear that you cannot shoot through seeker swarms. There was a seeker swarm hanging around even after it was dead, and it completely blocked a missile meant for a praetorian.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I swear that you cannot shoot through seeker swarms. There was a seeker swarm hanging around even after it was dead, and it completely blocked a missile meant for a praetorian.
Uh, you can't shoot through other enemies either. Because you'll be, you know, shooting at the enemy.
What I mean is, Seeker swarms are enemies with hit points just like the rest, not just projectiles or something.
EDIT: Oh wait, a dead one? I have no idea what that's about, they dissipate just fine for me.

AchyHippo and ferrous_fool: Friend request sent. I mostly play gold, but have no issues switching to silver for kicks, either.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 12, 2012

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Consensus on new specs for Human Engineer and N7 Paladin (or any other new tech/fire-bursting classes -- Salarian Engineer maybe)?

Sometimes I struggle with things like deciding between radius evolutions (to trigger more techsplosions) or damage (to loving kill dudes) and probably over-think it. I just need to be told "this is the one to use".

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I tend to never go Area Incinerate because the radius is so lovely...1.5m means you'll miss dudes who are almost on top of each other. Area Overload however is pretty good.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

TheDK posted:

Consensus on new specs for Human Engineer and N7 Paladin (or any other new tech/fire-bursting classes -- Salarian Engineer maybe)?

Sometimes I struggle with things like deciding between radius evolutions (to trigger more techsplosions) or damage (to loving kill dudes) and probably over-think it. I just need to be told "this is the one to use".

Here's my human engineer I like to use a scoped/piercing Talon with Cryo ammo on it. You could cut the drone to 3 and max fitness if you want to be less of a caster. You want to setup up the drone in wide open areas and leave it there until it dies or you need to move it; if you cast it at an enemy it will have to back up to use it's rockets, but if it's already up in an open space it'll just rocket anyone who walks into it's range. With both shields and damage upgrades it will actually last for quite a while even on gold and do pretty good damage.

For the Paladin I'd go with the 6/6/6/4/4 spec that people have been posting.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

TheDK posted:

N7 paladin: Energy Drain 6 (radius, extra shield drain, damage reduction), Incinerate 6 (area, DoT, armor damage), Snap Freeze 6 (reach, duration and slow, damage and weakness) and then 4/4 on passive/fitness. Techsplosion nonstop.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
here is a picture of my Particle Rifle Destroyer with Incendiary Ammo IV, AR Amp III, and Cyclonic Modulator IV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEsjd1WZuY

I know anything can be made to work if you stack enough high-level consumables onto it but drat if it isn't satisfying. besides i have more consumables than i'll ever use at this point.

Sapozhnik fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 12, 2012

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Time for my first game with some Volus teammates! I can't wait to see them in action. :3

One's even a Biotic God.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

FronzelNeekburm posted:

So, bugs:
Several times in the past few days, all sound has cut out except the ambient sound and the announcer. No gunshots, no enemies, no friendlies. Doesn't go away until the game is restarted.
I've had that happen a few times on PS3. Sound eventually comes back after a match or two, though. I don't mind it, fighting banshess when they aren't screaming all the time is kind of relaxing :3:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I was poking around in the DLC's ini file to see if any of the unreleased characters have anything special about their powers (none of the remaining 12 have anything new), unfortunately it doesn't look like many do. The asari infiltrator is going to have a tweaked version of tactical cloak like the turian, hers will have an evolution that gives a 25% bonus to power damage while cloaked. The volus sentinel may have a version of decoy different from the salarian because it has a unique name, "Decoy_Volus," but I didn't see any additional information on it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Asari Huntress sounds pretty powerful, taking the two-power evolution in Cloak will let you detonate entire groups before you're even detected.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Any word on this weekend's challenge? I think they said there would be one every week now

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Someone on BSN said that the medi-gel transmitter revives stomped teammates. Can anyone confirm?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mr Dog posted:

Any word on this weekend's challenge? I think they said there would be one every week now

There isn't one this weekend, it starts up next week.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

TheDK posted:

6/6/6/4/4 is probably the ideal for a Paladin now, but I had a 6/4/6/4/6 setup leftover from before the changes to techsplosions, and it still works really well. Area incinerate to set off cryo explosions and cryo shield for extra melee punch when those loving hunters get up in your face.

Seriously, the light melee is so effective for getting cloaked hunters out of your face because it hits everything in front of you in a pretty wide arc. It also lights them up so you can target an e-drain to get back the shields they bullshitted away from you. Also, the light melee loving deflects enemy projectiles as someone mentioned on a previous page. Atlas missle? Swat it away. Banshee warp? What banshee warp?

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it. Paladin is my favorite and the best class.

Edit for news:

:siren: New DLC! :siren:

In a move surprising precisely nobody, BioWare has announced a date for the next DLC, which is of course Omega.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-12-date-for-mass-effect-3s-omega-dlc-the-biggest-and-most-expensive-yet

Looks like we get Aria as a new squadmate. And hey, lady Turians too (but not as squadmates...yet).

How long until we get a new enemy faction in MP to go along with it?

zxqv8 fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 12, 2012

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's probably been discussed to death, but I was hosting a Slayer Vanguard match last night when a Volus joined the game. He knew EXACTLY how to be the perfect utility class. He just followed me around the map constantly refilling my shields while I spammed phase disruptor. I'd deplete my shields as fast as I could but he'd replenish them faster.

Even under full enemy fire the shields would keep getting refreshed faster than they'd be taken down. I only had to vanguard charge once in a pinch when I ran away from my squad to do an objective. This was a Silver match, but my character was lv.12 so I thought Silver was a good challenge. Once the Volus entered the game it was like playing on Bronze.

Seriously try this, it is so ridiculously broken. The Volus and I were just giggling into our mics while the rest of the team ran around like headless chickens trying to get a kill or two in before I came around and steam rolled everything.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 12, 2012

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Ever since the new stuff hit I've been getting a bug where I can't shoot or pick up ammo. Is this a common bug, because I've never had this before the new stuff hit?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Silvain posted:

Ever since the new stuff hit I've been getting a bug where I can't shoot or pick up ammo. Is this a common bug, because I've never had this before the new stuff hit?

I haven't had it happen to me, but I've heard other people complain about it. I think it might be a lag issue.

I literally cannot get into a Platinum game without a missile glitcher coming in. I mean like, hey, cool, free space bucks, thanks man, but I kind of would like to actually try out the mode.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

zxqv8 posted:

How long until we get a new enemy faction in MP to go along with it?

I wouldn't be surprised if they put all of the work into the collector faction so they could use them in this DLC.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

precision posted:

I haven't had it happen to me, but I've heard other people complain about it. I think it might be a lag issue.

I literally cannot get into a Platinum game without a missile glitcher coming in. I mean like, hey, cool, free space bucks, thanks man, but I kind of would like to actually try out the mode.

I went into a couple and in one of them I bugged out and kept firing missiles. Got multiple messages asking how to 'glitch' and if I'd do it in other games. Got fed up after a few rounds.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

precision posted:

If you see someone with a Striker equipped in the lobby, leave and find another match. Sucks if you join an in-progress, though.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ACanofPepsi posted:

It's probably been discussed to death, but I was hosting a Slayer Vanguard match last night when a Volus joined the game. He knew EXACTLY how to be the perfect utility class. He just followed me around the map constantly refilling my shields while I spammed phase disruptor. I'd deplete my shields as fast as I could but he'd replenish them faster.

So this DOES work. Now to find out if Nova will work with it too.

Silvain posted:

This happened to me once this week, well at least the not shooting part, but it went away because something happened, but I forgot what exactly. I think I got shot at or took cover and it went away.

precision posted:

I can't believe Bioware still cannot fix this issue. Oh Bioware, :allears:

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

precision posted:

Just solo it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TacticalGranny posted:

If you see someone with a Striker equipped in the lobby, leave and find another match. Sucks if you join an in-progress, though.

There's apparently more than one way to glitch a missile, the other way just involves being a Demolisher.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

precision posted:

There's apparently more than one way to glitch a missile, the other way just involves being a Demolisher.

Don't know how, but I was playing as a Demolisher with a Harrier equipped and I couldn't stop firing rockets. Handy for a round but not fair on the rest who scored like 40k tops when I got 250k or so.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
From some googling I found that if you want to avoid missile glitchers, don't play games with people who have both an explosive round gun (ex: striker) and a gun that has a charge up time (ex: acolyte).

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm on now, smashing out some challenges. Hit me up - GT Two Finger

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

precision posted:

Could you elaborate on this?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Silvain posted:

I've had it happen a few times, but I couldn't do anything but walk around. I had to die or hope that it would suddenly let me heavy melee to fix it. This is not a fun thing to be hit with when a Dragoon is in your face.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.
OK, Death Guard is a cool enough title, time to stop caring about challenges and also stop playing against Reapers forever.

And gently caress missile glitchers, lately I've just been playing Gold partly because it gives more variety but largely to avoid them.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Silvain posted:

Had this yesterday, getting killed by a dragoon fixed it though.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Alteisen posted:

Had this yesterday, getting killed by a dragoon fixed it though.

I've been getting this too and it seems like taking some damage fixes it.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
tap Melee.

:allears: Volus. I love playing support classes, provided everybody else knows what they're doing.

GulMadred
Oct 20, 2005

I don't understand how you can be so mistaken.
Huh. You know that weird little sliding-folding computer terminal that appears on the game's title screen? The one which shows galactic readiness by sector, and whose ticker occasionally advertises DLC items? I just noticed that the ticker was showing something new:

"Zoran501 unlocked accomplishment Combat Drone Use"

Neat trick, but I'd still rather be playing the game on Steam :colbert:

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fun Fact: Turns out it's impossible to earn points with geth turret without ignoring flamethrower because then it registers as a sentry turret.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Silvain posted:

This is an old bug I think but it's much more common now for some reason. You can usually fix it by going in and out of cover or doing a heavy melee. I think it's caused by lag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Fun Fact: Turns out it's impossible to earn points with geth turret without ignoring flamethrower because then it registers as a sentry turret.

Well that really puts a kink in my Mathemagician plans since I don't have a character with Shadow Strike or Electric Slash and the Tech Armor challenge is basically impossible.

• Locked thread