Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It would be kinda crazy if promoting at rank 20 was still a thing given that you rank up classes individually now and it takes far, far longer to do so.

I'm picking out parts for my new PC right now and really excited to see what it will be like when I can host properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Two Finger posted:

I'm writing up an OP for a new multi thread now. If there's anything you want in there, post or PM me.

A good quick start guide for buying packs and couple easy to be effective starter builds goes a long way.

Basic packs unlock the Charger, the uncommon classes, weapon mods and I got +1 Revive per Mission out of one too. They seem really solid.

Prestiging lets you gain more XP for the All Classes Get X% More Shields/Health/Damage, etc.

A quick run down of the 3 enemy types, general weakspots (Heads for organics, glowing red eyes for robots) and how to kill the stupid ascendant shield, because people have not figured that out yet.

And perhaps a big bold USE YOUR CONSUMABLES. Boosters are great, dropping an RPG into the pair of hydras advancing upon the extraction spot with 45 seconds left is a good use of your resources.

On the plus side, all the lag issues I was having over the weekend seem to have evaporated since last night. Not sure what, if anything changed, but over a half a dozen different teams, maybe one or two rubberbanding issues per match.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Two Finger posted:

I'm writing up an OP for a new multi thread now. If there's anything you want in there, post or PM me.

An in-memoriam tribute video for all the cool/weird sounds that were left behind. Krogan laughter, Vorcha "I'M ALIVE!!!", Novaguard screaming, Saber/Hurricane(fart gun)/Indra(pewpew!) if they got changed, tech/biotic explosion sounds if they got changed, and so on.

I'll never forget you, cryo explosion sound, and how Snap Freeze turned your whole life around. :patriot:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Felinoid posted:

An in-memoriam tribute video for all the cool/weird sounds that were left behind. Krogan laughter, Vorcha "I'M ALIVE!!!", Novaguard screaming, Saber/Hurricane(fart gun)/Indra(pewpew!) if they got changed, tech/biotic explosion sounds if they got changed, and so on.

I'll never forget you, cryo explosion sound, and how Snap Freeze turned your whole life around. :patriot:

If someone makes this, it'll be front and centre. If someone wants to volunteer to look over what I've written up, we can take it to PMs.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

OK folks come tell me how bad I am at writing threads and we'll remove the MEA posting from this thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814183

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Zigmidge posted:

Hey, go watch the six videos with your EA login for the Andromeda Initiative, you get two free high level packs for it and some other poo poo for SP.

Are these in game? Or on EAs website?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
edit: Nevermind, see the new thread.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Mar 21, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Smol I am challenging you to find a use for the Cyclone assault rifle in MEA

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

It's Smol. He'll find a way.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
the Multiplayer is cool and good :toot: Lay your fears to rest

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Wow thread rejuvenation. I restarted shooting off some random rounds of ME3 MP recently and to my surprise there are still games to be found all the time and as another surprise it's a smattering of veterans with the gear and tons of new people who are just beginners, who are mostly like "whoaaa this is cool" :O

Sadly my desktop computer is a decade old and does not have enough RAM for MEA minimun specs, is there a hack or does it actually even matter like "not enough RAM, we won't let you play and gently caress off!" I got a copy of one of the Call of Duty games which did not let me play with 4GB of RAM even though the game only uses 2 at most.

Also yes, Smol can topscore with the Shuriken in ME3. He can do whatever he wants with any gun...

Ligur fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 23, 2017

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ0qeClI3IQ

rest in peace staggerman

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
No use of the missile glitch to get rid of the launcher on your back. Not interested. :colbert:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm convinced 3 looks better than A. Maybe not on pc but on xbone it's just.... muddy.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Game really needs a Quicker Match button with no ready check

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

I couldn't pay attention to whatever that music was once I noticed the game audio desync (about 3 seconds in).

Bogart posted:

No use of the missile glitch to get rid of the launcher on your back. Not interested. :colbert:

Seconded. :colbert: That map even has a pair of really short ladders right next to the LZ, too.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Anyone still playing this post MEA launch?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

I am poor and still play on 360.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Waiting for a price drop and/or more free time. Still playing on PS3 (ChalupaJoe)

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm always hearing people mention glitches in regards to this game. Where can I learn more about these glitches?

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I am poor and still play on 360.

If my 360 wasn't packed away in my garage I'd join you. I'm not feeling this new multiplayer. I miss my Drell Adept.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I was just using that one with adrenaline mods. It was cool running around like a grenade spewing Flash.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Anyone know if it's possible to play ME3 multi through Xbox One backwards compatibility and if it'll pick up my Xbox 360 unlocks? It's going to take an effort to dig through my garage for my old 360 discs so I just wanna know if it's gonna be worth it before I start.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

subroc posted:

Anyone know if it's possible to play ME3 multi through Xbox One backwards compatibility and if it'll pick up my Xbox 360 unlocks? It's going to take an effort to dig through my garage for my old 360 discs so I just wanna know if it's gonna be worth it before I start.

I do it all the time, it's just that I couldn't join a person's game directly on a 360 (sorry Tezcatlipoca). Regular pug lobbies are just fine and still getting new people it seems like.

I'm going to be on ME3 MP tonight around 8pm EST if you want to try getting a goon group rolling. GT Rummskull.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Sweet, thanks for the info. I'm not going to have time until the weekend tho. I'm going to have to move a lot of boxes to get to my 360 containers

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

tribbledirigible posted:

I do it all the time, it's just that I couldn't join a person's game directly on a 360 (sorry Tezcatlipoca). Regular pug lobbies are just fine and still getting new people it seems like.

I'm going to be on ME3 MP tonight around 8pm EST if you want to try getting a goon group rolling. GT Rummskull.

Are you able to use your mic? I'm keen to play sometime. gently caress mea

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Two Finger posted:

Are you able to use your mic? I'm keen to play sometime.

Haven't tried, but I imagine it should be ok with the Xbone headset.

quote:

gently caress mea

Yeah, one too many Task: Fetch 0/15 Fresh Krogan Spoor missions in ME:A burned me out. And it's just when I'm maxing out the good powers too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm more bummed by the fact that not only do you have to level each character individually, you don't max out their skill points until you have unlocked them ten times each. Just one of many baffling design choices.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Dear thread, I've had the same mouse for the past 13 years, and playing ME3 MP has worn out the left mouse button's ability to hold itself on, what with all the charged pistols and javelins and whatnot. In conclusion, Logitech's gamer mice are well made, last a long time.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Nebakenezzer posted:

Dear thread, I've had the same mouse for the past 13 years, and playing ME3 MP has worn out the left mouse button's ability to hold itself on, what with all the charged pistols and javelins and whatnot. In conclusion, Logitech's gamer mice are well made, last a long time.

this is true. My mx518 is still chugging along, easily a decade old.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I recommend the Logitech G500, which I specifically purchased for ME3 co-op.

It has three side buttons which makes it a nice happy medium between regular mice and those numberpad MMO mice.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

RRRRGGAHHHHHH
RUHH HAH HA HAH

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Two Finger posted:

RRRRGGAHHHHHH
RUHH HAH HA HAH
Heavy melee krogan were kinda fun, but not very good on gold. I got too annoyed if a heavy melee missed the target, too.

I guess it's me, I'm the guy who doesn't care all that much about the change to krogan melee for ME:A. I even think it locks on better in ME:A than ME3.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Pander posted:

but not very good on gold.

I disagree but you shouldn't really compare it to Batarian melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Volus biotics on Giant Hazard, no guns, gauntlets only. :getin:

• Locked thread