Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«705 »
  • Locked thread
LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Back into the swing of things after like a few weeks' absence due to various computer issues! Playing Novaguard in a team full of primers (Geth Trooper, Fury, etc) is great. The new techsplosion changes make Novaguard great again, even if I have to settle for a lower score because I'm doing all the detonating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potential BFF
Feb 24, 2007

I've been playing around with the Asari Valkyrie and holy poo poo is that class fun. Running around priming everything and melting armor with a shredder mod Wraith is great. I could probably get more killing power with the damage taken evolution on annihilation field but the movement speed is fun as hell.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

What's the best weapon for the N7 Shadow? You can never really go wrong with the hurricane can you?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moose12 posted:

What's the best weapon for the N7 Shadow? You can never really go wrong with the hurricane can you?

I use the Paladin with a scope for those enemies that are to dangerous to shadow strike or melee.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.

Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

Right, what I meant to say was "you can in theory do DC-Warp combos while in stealth with the proper evolutions," not "biotic explosions receive bonus damage from Cloak."
Not in theory, I was doing them last night. I guess that's not optimal speccing, but it's fun to blow poo poo up while completely invisible. Worked a treat on gold.

UnknownMercenary
Oct 31, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Moose12 posted:

I prefer a Claymore with an Omniblade. Can't go wrong with the largest melee bonus a weapon mod can give you, and it'll be better against bosses/easier to level up than a Wraith, which is also a good choice if you have it above level 5.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

The Hurricane can't take a melee mod. I prefer the Talon.

Because there's no such thing as "enough" sword damage. (Also, you probably want your gun to be usable at a decent range for situations where you don't want to just charge in.)

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

I use the Carnifex with the melee stunner but I don't ever fire it and it gives me 200% cooldown anyway. Pure melee Shadow build is an awesome Shadow build.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Moose12 posted:

I run mine with a Piranha with the melee and shredder. Cloak, Shadow Stirke, and blast whatever's left. It's light enough that you can spam Electric Slash for hacks and other objective waves, too.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Just had my first time with the drone-through-the-floor bug, on London. Does it always make that horrible noise, or was it just because it happened at about the same instant that we should've completed it?

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Quarian Marksman = Ral Keegar
Krogan Soldier = They're DEAD
Cerberus Adept = Lash Bandicoot
Batarian Slasher = gently caress This poo poo (look at that pose!)
Krogan Sentinel = Billy Korgan
Drell Infiltrator = Krane Thios (all other Drells are named Fred, Fred the Drell)

Some of the last batch of non DLC classes to me have been horrible, like the Turian Engineer and the Quarian Marksman.
A few have become favorites of mine: Batarian Slasher, Batarian Vanguard, Asari Huntress, Asari Valkyrie, and Geth Trooper.
I hope the next DLC trends toward more favorites.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

I named my drell adept Skrillex back before they fixed the reave bug.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

I just played my first platinum game. I was struggling a little, but just when I thought I might be able to get through it, my modem screws up and I lose my connection. gently caress! My precious space money!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

Dear pubbies,
It is acceptable to use some consumables before the 10th round on platinum if you need to. I mean, don't spunk off all 5 missiles in wave 3 or keep using medigel when you've got three phantoms stood at your corpse, but if you're in a tight spot a missile or a ops pack can really help, and getting yourself up with medigel once things are no longer hovering over you saves the rest of us from having risking ourselves to save you.
Thanks.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.

Has anyone played this on the wiiu?

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Is anyone else getting lag in the store? It takes about 5 seconds after I click the purchase button for the pack contents to show up. This started after the Arsenal and Reserve packs were introduced, before that it took about half a second.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

I have, but mine predates the Reserve and Arsenal packs. The delay started as my supply of low-level gear and characters dwindled so I just assumed it was a really poorly written selection system (because BioWare).

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

EightDeer posted:

Is anyone else getting lag in the store? It takes about 5 seconds after I click the purchase button for the pack contents to show up. This started after the Arsenal and Reserve packs were introduced, before that it took about half a second.

Same for me, and it seemed to have happened once the Arsenal and Reserve Packs were introduced too. I just figured it was a new thing to help combat the errors that happen when you buy packs too fast and you wind up losing them and the credits you paid too. Kind of like how vanguard charge doesn't always work in order to prevent vanguard desync now.

Vietnamwees fucked around with this message at Jan 8, 2013 around 21:55

TF CURES GENERATOR
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I finally unlocked the Valkyrie. Someone tell me how to spec her. I remember hearing she makes a good jihadist, I want to try that.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Two Finger posted:

I finally unlocked the Valkyrie. Someone tell me how to spec her. I remember hearing she makes a good jihadist, I want to try that.
Always keep annihilation field up, run her with warp ammo, and don't detonate too often. People semi-recently learned that when warp ammo says it does bonus damage to lifted targets, it means primed targets. Use warp with expose and pierce, throw it as you're closing.

So, 6/6/6/4/4, something like this: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...rie/PPQFF////// Whether you prefer bonus damage to targets in the field or movement speed is up to you. I went with durability or r6 tech armor because you aren't throwing out warps too frequently, but it shouldn't matter either way. Between warp's armor reduction and field's bonus damage, and the fact that everything you're shooting at will take pretty massive bonus damage from your warp ammo, you'll be good to go. This is a great class to use the Hurricane to amazing effect on, or shotguns.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Dehumanize yourself and to bloodshed!

Two Finger posted:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...ne10AP5BH5/////

This works pretty well.

Equip warp ammo, get both annihilation field and warp debuff going, melt faces.

TF CURES GENERATOR
Aug 4, 2007

Gangringo posted:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...ne10AP5BH5/////

This works pretty well.

Equip warp ammo, get both annihilation field and warp debuff going, melt faces.

So it plays more or less as a more weapon-focussed, tankier Fury?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yes, the unique armor-weakening interaction between AF-Warp-Warp Ammo lets you melt down anything in seconds. There are other ways to build her, but I find 6/6/6/4/4 to be the most dominant.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!

The RNG gave me a Collector SMG VII- so yay? Umm, buff please Bioware this is an ultra-rare. Or shorten the cool down process maybe?

Then I got kicked from a Silver lobby- while I was using a promoted character (going after the N7 banner), I think my N7 2354 score buys a little benefit of the doubt huh? Nope- booted. Pubbies. . .

And yes, the next lobby was fine and we cleared the silver random/random without much issue- despite (horrors) my level 1 character.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

By the way, do we know whether there will be a weekend operation this week? Surely Bioware are back from their holidays?

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.

I'm getting pretty close to unlocking the Dog of War title. What class would you guys recommend for farming up all that melee damage? Does Havoc Strike count as melee, or is it counted as a power? So far I have been charging around slicing things up as an N7 slayer.

Here's my inventory.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Beach posted:

I'm getting pretty close to unlocking the Dog of War title. What class would you guys recommend for farming up all that melee damage? Does Havoc Strike count as melee, or is it counted as a power? So far I have been charging around slicing things up as an N7 slayer.

Here's my inventory.

Krogan Sentinel is pretty much the best melee class in the game I think.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

If Shadow Strike counts as melee points, you should be able to easily commit nemesis genocide towards that goal.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

Burning Mustache posted:

Krogan Sentinel is pretty much the best melee class in the game I think.

Nice!I have one of those that I've never played before.

KidKrampus posted:

If Shadow Strike counts as melee points, you should be able to easily commit nemesis genocide towards that goal.

Sadly, I haven't come across a character with this power yet.

TF CURES GENERATOR
Aug 4, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Yes, the unique armor-weakening interaction between AF-Warp-Warp Ammo lets you melt down anything in seconds. There are other ways to build her, but I find 6/6/6/4/4 to be the most dominant.

Any suggestions for weapon? I was gonna just continue with my cycling through weapons as I do all the challenges for now. Is 200% cooldown super important?

Beach posted:

Here's my inventory.

I like the Battlemaster but you don't have it unlocked yet.
Vorcha Soldier is pretty drat tough on the lower difficulties and does respectable melee damage, but as was mentioned the Krogans hit like loving tanks.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Beach posted:

Nice!I have one of those that I've never played before.

Use something like this and you should be good to go.
The most important thing is to spec Tech Armor and Rage to 6 and with the evolutions taken here for maximum melee damage. The passive, Incinerate and Lift Grenade aren't all that important and you can spec the remaining points pretty much however you want.

Pick a shotgun (Wraith, Reegar or Piranha) with an Omniblade attachment for further melee damage.

With the stuff in the example I linked (all of which is in your inventory) you can get your melee damage up to 1579.5, and heavy melee to 3685.5.

That's on top of 1012.5 health and 1350 shields and additional damage reduction from TA and active Rage, so you're pretty much an invincible death machine

E: \/\/\/ Right, thanks!

Burning Mustache fucked around with this message at Jan 9, 2013 around 16:28

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

Burning Mustache posted:

By the way, do we know whether there will be a weekend operation this week? Surely Bioware are back from their holidays?

They're back in the office. We should be getting a weekend event, they just didn't have time for balance changes this week. They also said the hazard maps are staying unlocked for good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Two Finger posted:

Any suggestions for weapon? I was gonna just continue with my cycling through weapons as I do all the challenges for now. Is 200% cooldown super important?

You want something relatively lightweight but you don't have to go overboard, any configuration north of 120% should be fine. I like Hurricane with AP/stability the best, but if you don't have a Hurricane yet, you can also do well with a Piranha, Reegar, Talon, Scorpion, Wraith, or Harrier.

TF CURES GENERATOR
Aug 4, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

You want something relatively lightweight but you don't have to go overboard, any configuration north of 120% should be fine. I like Hurricane with AP/stability the best, but if you don't have a Hurricane yet, you can also do well with a Piranha, Reegar, Talon, Scorpion, Wraith, or Harrier.

Barring ultra-rares I have everything but the Piranha. I was gonna roll with a Reegar/Scorpion if it's light enough, or perhaps a Disciple/Scorpion.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home...r&platform=xbox

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Cheap Vodka posted:

They're back in the office. We should be getting a weekend event, they just didn't have time for balance changes this week. They also said the hazard maps are staying unlocked for good.

Hazard Giant is awesome.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

Burning Mustache posted:

Use something like this and you should be good to go.
The most important thing is to spec Tech Armor and Rage to 6 and with the evolutions taken here for maximum melee damage. The passive, Incinerate and Lift Grenade aren't all that important and you can spec the remaining points pretty much however you want.

Pick a shotgun (Wraith, Reegar or Piranha) with an Omniblade attachment for further melee damage.

With the stuff in the example I linked (all of which is in your inventory) you can get your melee damage up to 1579.5, and heavy melee to 3685.5.

That's on top of 1012.5 health and 1350 shields and additional damage reduction from TA and active Rage, so you're pretty much an invincible death machine

E: \/\/\/ Right, thanks!

This is awesome thanks so much

Cleatcleat
Mar 27, 2010

Good god played my first couple games in months and it was against Collectors. I loved it, felt like being back in ME2. Tomorrow hopefully I'll have more time to play but I loved it. And Geth with the bomber pal?! Holy crap that's a nice touch, for once my constant panic running actually helped out.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

So I played a lot of multiplayer back during the demo, but never really got into it once the game itself dropped. I've started back up and am (slowly!) building up my equipment and character stable while remembering how to actually play multiplayer.

I got into a group last night with a very "helpful" teammate. I was running a Human Adept and was going weapons-lite, powers-heavy for the biotic explosions. His advice was that I switch my pistol out for a shotgun and a sniper rifle because "biotic powers are weak, anyway, and you want to be able to hit both near and far." How the hell he managed to get over 1000+ N7 score believing that I'll never know.

Unlocked the Male Quarian Engineer last night; looking at his powers, am I an idiot if I'm thinking I spec Tac Scan for duration and run a heavier weapon loadout? It doesn't seem like recharge rate's a top priority for this guy.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Byers2142 posted:

I got into a group last night with a very "helpful" teammate. I was running a Human Adept and was going weapons-lite, powers-heavy for the biotic explosions. His advice was that I switch my pistol out for a shotgun and a sniper rifle because "biotic powers are weak, anyway, and you want to be able to hit both near and far." How the hell he managed to get over 1000+ N7 score believing that I'll never know.

Bronze is just that simple. I actually even had a Silver match with a bunch of gunadepts the other day too, which only failed on Wave 10 because of Ravagers on Rio (and package delivery across the entire loving map twice). I switched to my drell adept when I saw all adepts, thinking it'd be explosion city, neglecting to check their loadouts. That's pubbies for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

EightDeer posted:

From what I understand, the way they coded the addition of the new packs to the store requires your machine to re-cache the images for the new packs with each pack purchased. Because it wouldn't be Bioware without a ridiculous and poorly-planned/coded implementation somewhere in the mix.

• Locked thread
«705 »