Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stroop There It Is posted:

Wait, so what classes do we think the additions are going to be?

The Infiltration Unit will probably be an Infiltrator. :v:

FemTurian is almost certainly Adept or Sentinel to go along with whatsername in Omega. I'm not sure if "Talon Mercernary" means "another (fem)Turian" or something else from her little Omega group (maybe another Vorcha?)

edit: Whoah hold on, Wrex is in the new SP DLC, but what if he's dead? I hope they don't half-rear end that possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
So apparently completing Operation Tribute gives you a new banner. Here's hoping for "Big Guddamn Heroes."

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

Elotana posted:

How would a shield restore be a new power at all given Shield Boost and Stimulant Pack

Maybe it restores health too?? Since he can't take cover, he's gonna need SOMETHING to stay alive other than Ops Packs.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Elotana posted:

How would a shield restore be a new power at all given Shield Boost and Stimulant Pack

Well, given the thread says pretty implicitly the Jugger's only got one old power and it's the Geth Turret, it's not going to be a clone of those two, is it? There's probably some perk to it they'll give the power to make it stand out.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

precision posted:

edit: Whoah hold on, Wrex is in the new SP DLC, but what if he's dead? I hope they don't half-rear end that possibility.

There's also a screenshot with Miranda among the team in the background, so it seems like you can have all (most? what with Legion ...) previous squadmates to bring along for this, maybe. So either they've half-assed this for pretty much all [possibly dead] squadmates except Liara / Ash / Kaidan, or they've gone the whole nine yards for all of them.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I stopped playing MP about 2 months or so after release, how hard is it to get sort of "caught up" on weapons and classes? I remember it being a little grindy, but perhaps I'm misremembering? Also, how much of the paid DLC is worth it?

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

precision posted:

It is not a possibility that Wrex is dead. :colbert:

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

omg chael crash posted:

I stopped playing MP about 2 months or so after release, how hard is it to get sort of "caught up" on weapons and classes? I remember it being a little grindy, but perhaps I'm misremembering? Also, how much of the paid DLC is worth it?

Well, you're probably not gonna unlock every gun and character anytime soon, but you can get a lot of mileage out of the game even if you have just a hand full of decent kits and guns. You really shouldn't go in with the mindset of trying to unlock absolutely everything though, cause that way you're bound to be frustrated.

As for paid DLC, none of it affects MP, obviously, but so far the common consensus is that Leviathan is more bang for your buck than Omega, but both are good, provided you're willing to shell out the money for it. Nobody knows what the upcoming Citadel DLC will be like but it looks fairly interesting, I guess.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Sarkozymandias posted:

I sincerely hope the new Krogan is deliberately designed to just not even loving bother with that gun poo poo.

The Warlord can buff his hammer like a Paladin buffs his shield, in addition to having a unique version of Rage.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

nohopeindope posted:

I switched to PC from Xbox after playing ME3. I never played the multiplayer back on the 360.

Is the multiplayer good enough to warrant a purchase of ME3 for PC? I'm in a gaming glut right now while I wait for Bioshock Infinite.

Unless there's some extra cost to play on XBox (Live? The Online Pass maybe?), there's no reason why you can't just play multiplayer on 360. There's still plenty of goons who do so, I think. (What's the metatag again? N7 Goons?) That said, if you want to do it on PC, yes it absolutely is worth a purchase solely for the multiplayer. One of my friends in fact did that exact thing; he had a pirated copy (with DLCs) and bought a legit one specifically for multiplayer.

omg chael crash posted:

It is a bit grindy to get it all, and you definitely shouldn't be trying to get any specific thing because it'll never give it to you with all the inventory bloat (and the Desire Sensor :ssh:), but as long as you don't focus on that and just focus on how fun the matches are you'll be fine. If you're really not geared up at all you can always use power and/or melee classes so it doesn't matter much. Also, all of the MP DLC is completely free (you do have to 'buy' it to install it, but it won't cost you anything). The paid single player DLC is okay, but overpriced.

Midee
Jun 22, 2000

nohopeindope posted:

I switched to PC from Xbox after playing ME3. I never played the multiplayer back on the 360.

Is the multiplayer good enough to warrant a purchase of ME3 for PC? I'm in a gaming glut right now while I wait for Bioshock Infinite.
It's all basically horde mode with a few variations, but it's very slickly done and satisfying with plenty of different characters and weapons to choose from (once you unlock them). The PC version runs smooth and looks the best, and there's plenty of goons online all the time, but there's no controller support. I think it's worth double-dipping for since it's only $20, but if you need to play with a controller then stick with the 360.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Invaderone and company posted their own FB Glacier speedrun strategy. It's a bit cleverer than what I came up with. I'm impressed!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Midee posted:

It's all basically horde mode with a few variations, but it's very slickly done and satisfying with plenty of different characters and weapons to choose from (once you unlock them). The PC version runs smooth and looks the best, and there's plenty of goons online all the time, but there's no controller support. I think it's worth double-dipping for since it's only $20, but if you need to play with a controller then stick with the 360.

FWIW I've never had a problem with ME single player using a controller, but the ME3 MP using mouse and keyboard feels so much better and I'm glad I double-dipped.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

omg chael crash posted:

Just play Human or Turian Sentinel and it barely matters what gun you have. You'll (RNG willing) unlock plenty of good stuff in no time. And in fact, a lot of the "good stuff" was available at release so you should already have usable weapons. Post your manifest.

Like, the first UR I ever got was the Talon, and it's still one of the absolute best all-around weapons in the game bar none. Some of the launch Uncommons are perfectly good too, like the Phaeston, Mantis and Eviscerator.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Zoran posted:

Invaderone and company posted their own FB Glacier speedrun strategy. It's a bit cleverer than what I came up with. I'm impressed!

Not too different from the strategy I was told a while ago; that one has standing at the starting spawn instead of the LZ for spot #2.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Well that's silly. Just finished a gold game and clicked the store, and all the credits from the gold game were revoked! I have to get a character with inferno grenades so I can do the weekend challenge. C'mon game, gimme those credits back!

E. Aha! Restarting the game netted me my deserved credits. No inferno grenades, just another Volus engineer card.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 22, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Getting a gun in a Reserves as one of your rares is kind of annoying, but when it's a Paladin I think I can get over it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

apophenium posted:

Well that's silly. Just finished a gold game and clicked the store, and all the credits from the gold game were revoked! I have to get a character with inferno grenades so I can do the weekend challenge. C'mon game, gimme those credits back!

Yeah that happens. It used to happen a lot more, and often wouldn't ever give them back.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012

Kaizer88 posted:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/15964596&lf=8

Apparantly the geth juggernaut is huge, can't take cover or roll, has massive defences

Holy poo poo, a new walking tank that isn't the kroguard. That sounds awesome as hell.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They've changed the name of the female turian character in the post to "Cabal Vanguard" and confirmed that it's the same as the Raptor which was the old name for it. They also said that all three of her powers are completely brand new so we may have our first vanguard without biotic charge, or a different twist on it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yesss, Turian Vanguard AND it's a female. Sorry Havoc, I might have to shelve you :unsmith:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.
:siren: The DLC is reducing Geth stagger! :siren: Tuesday cannot come fast enough! :toot:

https://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/343/index/15964596/10#15968027

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They've changed the name of the female turian character in the post to "Cabal Vanguard" and confirmed that it's the same as the Raptor which was the old name for it. They also said that all three of her powers are completely brand new so we may have our first vanguard without biotic charge, or a different twist on it.

:aaa:

This is awesome. I'm glad they wait until the DLC is a few days away before announcing it, impatience sucks.

e: I'm guessing the name change is because they finally realized it was pants-on-head to keep naming classes and guns the same thing.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Cheap Vodka posted:

:siren: The DLC is reducing Geth stagger! :siren: Tuesday cannot come fast enough! :toot:

https://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/343/index/15964596/10#15968027

Thank God.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was holding out hope for the rumored co-op story mode, but this DLC looks pretty solid. Half of the last pack's characters were kinda :effort:, but these all seem to be new and creative.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

exquisite tea posted:

I was holding out hope for the rumored co-op story mode, but this DLC looks pretty solid. Half of the last pack's characters were kinda :effort:, but these all seem to be new and creative.

The "and more!" probably means a bunch of remixes are waiting in the wings, at least if last time is any indication.

No complaints, though: if they roll all the good stuff out first I don't have to worry about saving up after that point.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I'm guessing I need to stock up on jumbo equipment packs so I can be part of the cool kid's club for doing platinum runs for the new dlc?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

So pumped for the new DLC. Should be awesome getting things in packs that aren't level four consumables again.

Luceo posted:

Inferno Grenades, huh? When I think of Zaeed's voice, I hear, "Firing a concussive shot!" and "Firing a high-impact shot!" and "Guddamn!"

Just start shouting "THIS'LL PUT 'EM DOWN" when you're throwing them, you'll have the correct Zaeed experience.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Saw this on BSN, the German Mass Effect Facebook page says that the name of the Zaeed banner is "Part of the Goddamn Team."

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

But...you can't take Heartbreaker from me already! It's too soon!

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

precision posted:

e: I'm guessing the name change is because they finally realized it was pants-on-head to keep naming classes and guns the same thing.

One of the other classes is named the Talon Merc, so I'd wager that they haven't.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Saw this on BSN, the German Mass Effect Facebook page says that the name of the Zaeed banner is "Part of the Goddamn Team."

That actually sounds pretty good. I might ditch BotB for a while and sport that one if it looks cool.

Also, everyone better have their Krogan/Batarian soldiers decked out in Yellow/White/Black while doing the challenge this weekend :colbert:.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
God the vorcha engie is complete balls. I specced him entirely for melee just to do silver with him and any other vorcha would be more effective. Least the net has its uses.

And may I say I love that if melee the brute at the wrong time I just bounce off his spiky body.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

precision posted:

Just play Human or Turian Sentinel and it barely matters what gun you have. You'll (RNG willing) unlock plenty of good stuff in no time. And in fact, a lot of the "good stuff" was available at release so you should already have usable weapons. Post your manifest.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=v1p3rLOL&platform=pc

Yeah, that's, uh, a terrible username.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Should I abandon any pretense of shooting things at range with the Vorcha soldier? I've got a Wraith and a Piranha that I could shredder mod for additional close range armor death, but I've also got a Harrier. If I had a Reegar I'd use it but no such luck yet.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
just as a clarification I think the BSN dev said that the Juggernaut "is" a turret, he doesn't "have" a turret

you know, like they way they played up the N7 Destroyer as a "walking turret" (i.e. SHOOTS GUNZ REEL GUD). Maybe it has some sort of passive staggergun like the Hawk launcher as well.

Also if the Juggernaut's reduced mobility means that it can't run then it MUST have sync kill immunity as well. Otherwise he's just going to get dropped by Banshees with impunity, Phantoms poking it in the knee will be lethal, and I have no idea what a Brute slam would even look like.

Pretty clever though, we had a bunch of little guys with Phantom-like passive cover, it makes sense that they'd go the other way and roll out a giant PC next. Map design already has to accommodate boss-sized enemies so he should be able to get around without much trouble.

want to see a jugg on Adrenaline III mods :unsmigghh:

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

I really gotta say I picked a bad time to promote my soldier. Krogan Soldier is my only Inferno Grenade class :(

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mr Dog posted:

just as a clarification I think the BSN dev said that the Juggernaut "is" a turret, he doesn't "have" a turret

you know, like they way they played up the N7 Destroyer as a "walking turret" (i.e. SHOOTS GUNZ REEL GUD). Maybe it has some sort of passive staggergun like the Hawk launcher as well.

Here's the thread and I think it's pretty clear cut from the exchange in there that the Juggernaut "has" a turret.

"Eric please tell me his pre existing power is Geth Turret" and Eric Fagnan's response was "Very well, yes it is the turret."

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It is a different twist, and a completely new mechanic.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Sarkozymandias posted:

I really gotta say I picked a bad time to promote my soldier. Krogan Soldier is my only Inferno Grenade class :(

Well the only things that even have Inferno Grenade are Soldiers (Krogan and Batarian), so even if you had all of them you'd still be low-level. :v: But c'mon, who wouldn't want to play more burning all the things to prep for the weekend? :flame:

EDIT: No, he said a NEW mechanic. :downsrim:
\/\/\/\/\/\/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Delpino posted:

It is a different twist, and a completely new mechanic.

She deliberately teleports herself too the bottom of the map too avoid damage!

• Locked thread