Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
The Vanguard glitch of not charging got me. Two of my teammates died, and I was the only one left. Against two Geth Rocket Troopers, I couldn't target either to charge, despite walking at both of them in a straight line. Decided to heavy melee one of them, and got knocked out of the animation (:stare:) before being missiled to death by a Geth Prime from across the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Mr Dog posted:

I finally started using that Talon VI that I've had lying around forever on my Debuff-spec Valkyrie.

drat.

Black Widow V is the next one down but that one gets plenty of use.

Is there really much reason to use anything that isn't a Hurricane on the Valkyrie? Run up, hurricane+warp ammo, hose them down with bullets.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

LogicNinja posted:

Is there really much reason to use anything that isn't a Hurricane on the Valkyrie? Run up, hurricane+warp ammo, hose them down with bullets.

I used my Pirahna X for my Valkyrie. I prefer to think of it as a wall of bullets rather than a hose.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I just tried out the Wraith with Omni-Blade and HV Barrel, and it definitely applied the weight penalties.

In the same game I also learned:
- Brutes have a short charge that looks like a charge but is actually a melee (after which they can sync kill you)
- Don't Falcon punch near walls with Banshees on the other side!
- Falcon punch is slow, Banshees cover ground quickly!
- Banshees on ramps can sync kill you if they blink to the same level (rather than below or above).

I'm sure this isn't news to anyone, but my poor team! :cry:

vvv Nope, just the Wraith, though I did only play the one game. vvv

Stickman fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 20, 2012

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Stickman posted:

I just tried out the Wraith with Omni-Blade and HV Barrel, and it definitely applied the weight penalties.
Were you using a pistol or SMG with ULM? It may also require playing several games in the same lobby without using the weapons screen.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Stickman posted:

Did you have any other guns equipped? Anything else with a ULM mod will "fix" the glitch so the mods weight is applied.

Two Finger posted:

Lago, you want to play a few games at some point?

Yeah I'll be back at it again pretty soon. I'm watching some TV right now.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

The graphics seem really bugged on this game. On the 360 just now, no graphics were coming up for the bonus waves- no countdown timer, no status of how many of the four items I'd activated-nothing. This isn't the order time, it's just so annoying. Anyone else see this on the 360?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

Hoping this weeks challenge is some kind of Black Friday challenge.

"Spend a million credits in the store", or something along those lines.
If there's one good thing from this weekly drip of new characters, it's that I've started just saving up all my credits to blow on the new toys.

On the other hand, I dumped about 3 million into Spectre Packs last night to try to finally max out my gear, and it is ludicrous just how hard it is to get those uncommons.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

Well excuse me I have to go stick the Thermal Scope and HV Barrel on my Black Widow and laugh constantly.

This right here. loving hell. Gonna abuse the gently caress out of this to get revenge for Vanguard Rapture and Sync Kills. :argh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well I just got caught in a Husk grab stunlock loop while trying to farm Husks for the challenge and wound up using two medigel before I decided "Oh gently caress this." That was embarrassing.

EDIT: And again. Thank God these are solo runs because I'd be about ready to die of shame if anybody could see this poo poo. :doh:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 20, 2012

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

nwin posted:

The graphics seem really bugged on this game. On the 360 just now, no graphics were coming up for the bonus waves- no countdown timer, no status of how many of the four items I'd activated-nothing. This isn't the order time, it's just so annoying. Anyone else see this on the 360?

It usually happens to me if I join a game in progress.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

subroc posted:

It usually happens to me if I join a game in progress.
Ah ok, good to know-I joined this game in the middle of wave 2.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

:slick:

God, that took forever.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

VJeff posted:

:slick:

God, that took forever.

Now that I think about it, what does "death guard" even mean?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Zoran posted:

You're killing zombies.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
You know, as nice as it was to get Death Guard before they changed it to needing all the challenges, I'm starting to wish I'd gone for War Fighter; it seems to be easier to grind Husks then Guardians.

Zoran posted:

I've been interpreting it as "one who guards against death".

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Just had a great vanguard-synergy round against Cerberus. There was a slayer on my team (I'm a batguard) and he kept doing the charge / light melee combo, while I was doing charge / heavy melee. The two of us just tore everything up and barely needed to fire a shot while a volus ran around healing. It was fantastic.

Man, when vanguards are on, they're on.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
loving Collectors. Almost wiped on London/Silver wave three because they were dropping everyone outside of cover in a second and wouldn't stop chucking grenades behind the park bench we had to try to hack. And also because of our useless Volus Adept who never once used Shield Boost and insisted on tanking. But mostly loving Collectors.

Tech question: If you're :flame: with Vorcha/Geth Trooper, and someone explodes the enemy, do you need to re-prime them by stopping the Flamer or pointing it away for a second? Or will they always be ready to explode if you keep lighting them up?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Tech question: If you're :flame: with Vorcha/Geth Trooper, and someone explodes the enemy, do you need to re-prime them by stopping the Flamer or pointing it away for a second? Or will they always be ready to explode if you keep lighting them up?
Pointing it away for a second is required, I believe.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Went to go put the last 6 points into my Ghost, saw "63 points remaining". :shepface:

I know I'm supposed to promote in this scenario, but I kinda don't want to.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

VJeff posted:

Went to go put the last 6 points into my Ghost, saw "63 points remaining". :shepface:

I know I'm supposed to promote in this scenario, but I kinda don't want to.

You don't necessarily need to promote. Just spend the 6 points you know you have and leave it at that. As long as it's not breaking above standard spec, they've got no reason to smack you. Hell, intentionally passing up those points should show them you're a good fellow! And then I think the extra might go away eventually (which is how people end up with -39 points or whatever when they are spent, I'd guess).

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Man collectors feel like the expert faction or something, everytime I'm with a good team we succeed without to much issues, if I ain't we wipe almost instantly. And me and Jessant learned today that 2 good players cannot carry 2 mediocre ones, the level 5 infil with the incisor probably didn't help matters either. I'm surprised we made it to wave 7 to be honest.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I just whipped this up and I'll post it here, I think we need a :bioware: emote eventually.

...my kroguard is purple I hope this is recognizable enough

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Silver Alicorn posted:

I just whipped this up and I'll post it here, I think we need a :bioware: emote eventually.

You are an artist silver, a true artist.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Thanks for the games, guys. Slayer/Volus continues to be the best combo ever. It's like the Medic/Heavy from TF2, but way more :3:

Silver Alicorn posted:

:stare:

It's beautiful. I will pitch in five bucks for this.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
If you're actually going to buy it, the "charge" should probably be in a much lighter color so it's visible, even if not flashing is the joke.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

VJeff posted:

Thanks for the games, guys. Slayer/Volus continues to be the best combo ever. It's like the Medic/Heavy from TF2, but way more :3:

I love when I'm fighting with a Slayer and he learns that I'll just keep shield boosting while he blasts away with his phase disruptor.

I imagine him yelling "Talk to the hand, bitch!" at the top of his lungs while he wails on everything over and over again.

Someone please draw this.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

VJeff posted:

:stare:

It's beautiful. I will pitch in five bucks for this.

Sorry I was behind the 8 ball, sniping really isn't my strong suit. I'm learning, though!

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

VJeff posted:

Two Finger posted:

Sorry I was behind the 8 ball, sniping really isn't my strong suit. I'm learning, though!

Good games guys. I finished off the Javelin challenge for Machine Mastery on Vancouver so I can go back to the Black Widow now. Sorry for angering the swarm it's hard to see with the thermal scope.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Ok here's more of a turned-off neon tube color:

Or maybe grey looks better

Silver Alicorn fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 20, 2012

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
The third one looks best to me.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Silver Alicorn posted:

I can totally hear the *ding*ding*ding*ding*

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

1st AD posted:

You gotta host if you wanna play vanguard

No.

I regularly play Krogan Vanguard, I never host, and pretty much top score Gold everytime.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Mr Butthole posted:

No.

I regularly play Krogan Vanguard, I never host, and pretty much top score Gold everytime.

I play Kroguard off host because he can be played like a face-wrecking soldier that occasionally refills his shields and gets in enemy faces. The squishier vanguards that live on that high risk/reward knife edge need to be hosted becasue nothing is worse than dying because a charge/stagger blast just didn't go off.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gangringo posted:

I play Kroguard off host because he can be played like a face-wrecking soldier that occasionally refills his shields and gets in enemy faces. The squishier vanguards that live on that high risk/reward knife edge need to be hosted becasue nothing is worse than dying because a charge/stagger blast just didn't go off.

Smashguards can do okay too, since they mostly just use Charge as a method of detonating Smashes.

Slayers + Voluses do okay too, but Phase Disruptor has a pretty obnoxious lag if you're not host.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'm now a horrible Monster, and didn't even need to go on probation. :toot:

The happiest part is that I now no longer have to play the BatSent ever again. It probably didn't help that by the time I got to him I was working through the dregs of the weapon list (aside from SMGs, which I haven't really started on yet), but I found him to be rather weak offensively, with both powers rarely able to connect. If I hadn't needed him for one of the DLC pack challenges, I'd have gladly gone with the Krogan Sentinel.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Silver Alicorn posted:

Oh holy poo poo this owns. :golfclap:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, I do like the Batarian Vanguard. It reminds me a lot of the classical ME2-era Vanguard. Ah, remember when things were simpler? :allears:

I'm using this loadout right now. Anything I should adjust?

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
I just go with a carnifex with a melee mod and do a Y,B,B,B combo over and over again. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
So how exactly do people cheat for the package delivery missions?

• Locked thread