Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just a heads up for the six of us on PS3, the bug where heavy weapon mods don't add weight to launch guns? Yeah, that doesn't work on PS3. Just tested it after I noticed my cooldowns being complete rear end with a Black Widow HVB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Why do people camp the room at the far end with the ammo box on Ghost for Platinum?

There's no advantage I see to that room besides the ammo box because there are more ways in than there are firing lanes, and the only exit routes are either down a ladder or across wide open areas (which are basically death).

DollyDagger
Dec 31, 2007
What does PPR stand for? I can't figure it out.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Prothean Particle Rifle.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
First Arsenal pack and it's a Shotgun Omni-blade and two lvl 4 ammo powers. Yay. Any idea on when we might see the pack that offers a guaranteed ultra-rare?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

BrokenKnees posted:

First Arsenal pack and it's a Shotgun Omni-blade and two lvl 4 ammo powers. Yay. Any idea on when we might see the pack that offers a guaranteed ultra-rare?
When Bioware needs to squeeze those last few dollars out of the game, and not a minute sooner.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Origin friend list broken for anyone else? poo poo just won't load at all.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
PPR makes me think of PPA from Planetside, which was basically a plasma cannon, which is fundamentally the same thing as the PPR, except that the PPA shoots balls and the PPR shoots a beam, but it's still the same thing, so it's completely normal. :tinfoil:

Also, I just played with a Volus Vanguard who did not keep his Biotic Orbs up a single time I could tell the entire match. My friend said he saw him use them once, but only to promptly throw them all away. He also rarely used Shield Boost, or even Charge for that matter. Also, he had a Claymore.

Aqua_D fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Dec 23, 2012

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

UnknownMercenary posted:

Why do people camp the room at the far end with the ammo box on Ghost for Platinum?

There's no advantage I see to that room besides the ammo box because there are more ways in than there are firing lanes, and the only exit routes are either down a ladder or across wide open areas (which are basically death).

I hate that! They do it on gold, as well. It kills the back-right corner spawn.

It's always a shitshow during hack objectives, you'd think people would learn to not camp that room. Two ramps on one side, another long ramp and a ladder on the other, and the entrance from the adjoining room. That's 5 ways that enemies can come at you.

subroc fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Dec 23, 2012

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Alteisen posted:

Origin friend list broken for anyone else? poo poo just won't load at all.

Friends list works intermittently, but I've had disconnections from Origin in my last five games. The best one was with 30 seconds to go on extraction.

Once again, playing during the weekends is almost impossible.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Potential BFF posted:

I just unlocked the Asari Adept, is going for 6/6/6/5/3 rather than 6/6/6/4/4 going to screw me?

You might also try 3/6/6/5/6 as Stasis really has quite limited utility. Don't focus on warpsploding everything as a lot of the time it's just a waste unless you find a tight group. Bring a decent armor killing gun, put warp ammo on it, spec warp for expose and pierce and throw for area and damage.

Something with health: Throw
Something with shields and health: Shoot off shields, throw
Something with armor (and possibly shields): Warp, then shoot, throw when the cooldown is up, repeat.

Stasis phantoms and possessed abominations if they get too close. Buddy up with someone who has reave if you can.

Also I believe throw detonates techsplosions, so anyone with a flamethrower or incinerate or snap freeze is your buddy too.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Both throw and warp will trigger tech explosions and such. In fact, anything with a traveling projectile (that is, not instant hit) should trigger a burst, tech power or otherwise. It's why tech has the advantage I'd say. You can trigger techsplosions with biotic powers, but can't trigger biotic explosions with tech powers.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
BEs are more powerful to compensate though.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Felinoid posted:

A little tangential, but Bioware really needs to stop naming classes after guns. The Paladin was bad enough.
I'm just curious why pulling up "N7 Paladin" on the wiki directs you to the skill tree of the same name, which then has a link buried in the text for the actual class (which doesn't get its own page).

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Holy crap. I just realized that N7 Demolisher's grenades Tech Burst off each other. Does tech bursting them remove their DoTs from their level 5 evolutions? It seems like Warp's DoT and Expose remain after a Biotic Explosion but I don't know if that's the case for Tech Bursts as well.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Because it's easy to control the influx of enemies as long as your team is keeping its DPS up. There may be a lot of entrances, but you're sheltered from long-range fire and the enemies always trickle in two or three at a time.

The ammo box is also a huge deal on platinum because it's right there next to you and it has a lot of ammo.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
How are people running their Volguards? I haven't played mine yet but was thinking something like this would be good for trying to always be charging. http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Vanguard/VolusProtector/QNPID/Hurricane4AU5BB5////MentalFocuser5/

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Gangringo posted:

You might also try 3/6/6/5/6 as Stasis really has quite limited utility. Don't focus on warpsploding everything as a lot of the time it's just a waste unless you find a tight group. Bring a decent armor killing gun, put warp ammo on it, spec warp for expose and pierce and throw for area and damage.

I was under the impression that stasis bubble was super important but I won't claim to have the slightest idea what I'm talking about. I might try your build since my weapon pool is pretty limited as is my selection of gear.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
Ahahahaha, I've just had somebody get mad and yell at me for using the Geth Trooper's flamethrower :I

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Were you firing it full blast in front of your teammates?

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
Not intentionally, I just charged towards enemies and flamed them down all over the map.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Holy crap. I just realized that N7 Demolisher's grenades Tech Burst off each other. Does tech bursting them remove their DoTs from their level 5 evolutions? It seems like Warp's DoT and Expose remain after a Biotic Explosion but I don't know if that's the case for Tech Bursts as well.

It doesn't, unless there's some weird bug with homing grenades. Russian BSN guys directly tested it with an Arc Grenade/Overload combo, and it didn't remove the DoT.

Potential BFF posted:

I was under the impression that stasis bubble was super important but I won't claim to have the slightest idea what I'm talking about. I might try your build since my weapon pool is pretty limited as is my selection of gear.

If you don't understand it, then I'd definitely take stasis bubble. The extra bit of fitness or passives isn't nearly as helpful as being able to freeze phantoms or an entire choke point of enemies.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Were you firing it full blast in front of your teammates?

I do that all the time between rounds. Geth can't headbutt, what do you expect me to do, guys?!

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Burning Mustache posted:

Not intentionally, I just charged towards enemies and flamed them down all over the map.

Eh, I hear this a lot and basically just shrug it off now. As has been well documented in this thread, there's a rather loud portion of the general population that just can't stand someone else downing everything because god forbid Mr. Claymore and Black Widow Adept man doesn't get enough time to setup before laying waste to all that he sees. Yeah, it's not always that simple, but a lot of people just don't like certain powers and will poo poo on it regardless of how helpful they are in the co-op game.

Schubalts posted:

I do that all the time between rounds. Geth can't headbutt, what do you expect me to do, guys?!

Pulse the heavy melee to gain consensus.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Flamer can get a little annoying because it's hard to see anything through the fire. It's more the fault of BioWare for designing the power to blind everybody than the player using it to kill enemies though. It's like tech and biotics causing obnoxious screen shake. Plus some people get mad if you're killing everything.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I trust I'm not the only one in here who rather prefers when the team scores higher. If my score is the lowest in the group (on a not-volus character) then something is probably going right.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
EDIT: wrong thread

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 23, 2012

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

zxqv8 posted:

I trust I'm not the only one in here who rather prefers when the team scores higher. If my score is the lowest in the group (on a not-volus character) then something is probably going right.

Even in Gold matches where I play horribly or am slumming it on a level 6, I can still manage to hit 100k on the summary screen, give or take ~25k if it's non-random or Collectors. That's not even to brag "haha look I'm good at video games," I consider myself average at best and get destroyed in truly competitive games like SC2. But to imagine there are so many people who cannot even manage that when the only actual strategy is "use power, shoot gun, don't die" boggles the mind.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
A lot of people are used to single player where you can pretty much do whatever. A lot of the claymore-widow adepts who dont to any objectives or use any consumables are people trying to play the multiplayer like their character is shepard.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Potential BFF posted:

It was super important and it is still a pretty useful upgrade but there's a lot more ways to deal with phantoms now so it's not as critiical as it used to be. The Acolyte, Flamer, Fire/Cryo explosions, Vanguard Charge buff, etc. all provide alternative ways to gently caress up phantoms.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Trying to figure out what gun would look suitably ridiculous on a Volguard while not wrecking cooldowns. I'm thinking GPS.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
e: ^^^^ Kishock.

Honestly I can't even remember the last time I saw a Stasis bubble in-game.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
The ridiculous dodge chance of enemies, the tech explosion changes and the massively more powerful weapons have sadly made the Asari Adept redundant.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gasoline posted:

The ridiculous dodge chance of enemies, the tech explosion changes and the massively more powerful weapons have sadly made the Asari Adept redundant.

I wouldn't go that far, Warp+Throw are great and the Asari arguable have a more useful dodge than Human Sentinel, as well as Stasis being arguably more useful than Tech Armor.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
What's the recommended build/weapons/play style for the turian ghost? I finally am getting characters I want in these reserves packs

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

precision posted:

Stasis being arguably more useful than Tech Armor.
No way. Stasis has been getting weaker ever since the demo, and it doesn't even come close to 37.5% DR in terms of usefulness.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
They just need to drop stasis cooldown time to what it was in the demo when everyone on BSN cried about how OP it was. Problem solved.

the power creep from launch to now is pretty absurd.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Moose12 posted:

What's the recommended build/weapons/play style for the turian ghost? I finally am getting characters I want in these reserves packs

Most people will tell you to run with a Harrier, spec stim packs cloak and your passive for AR damage, but I really don't like this.

I run 6/6/4/6/4, spec cloak for duration recharge and bonus power, spec stimpack for shields pack capacity and survival, chain overload, passive for damage whatever and damage, then do the rank 4 fitness upgrade for durability.

Equip a Reegar with AP and high velocity mod and then run up to bosses and melt their faces off with blue fire. Use the grenade capacity gear. Use a Hurricane as gun to engage at long range, use Incendiary ammo to prime and Overload to detonate fire explosions. You can survive closeup encounters with bosses or mobs because of all the durability bonuses you get from stimpacks, and you'll kill bosses quickly because the Reegar owns.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zoran posted:

No way. Stasis has been getting weaker ever since the demo, and it doesn't even come close to 37.5% DR in terms of usefulness.

In general, sure, but you only need DR if you're taking damage. If a player is good enough that they just don't get hit much (not saying I'm such a player, just that they exist) then they could make the argument "I'd rather have Stasis than Tech Armor".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry Tyrel, lost connection to EA's lovely rear end servers and my friends list won't load.

gently caress Origin, what a horrendous piece of poo poo program.

• Locked thread