Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Felinoid posted:

Honestly, the GPSMG is fine as a secondary weapon just because of its insane ammo pool, so at least you'll be doing something between powers if you run out on your primary, but I cannot imagine having it as a lone weapon. Stick a Hurricane or a Paladin or even a Predator on before that super-soaker. Or in addition to! The GPSMG is light as heck, after all. And as a lone weapon on an infiltrator it kinda breaks my brain.

I've always seen the Human Infil more as a 'support' Infil, since Cryo is a great spammable debuff, and Sticky Grenade isn't half bad. Some Infiltrators work better in my mind if you just go full duration + one power use instead of speccing for damage. The duration evo basically makes it so you can stay cloaked during a full disarm objective, and have plenty of time to resurrect friendly players. Same goes for the MQI, being able to flit about the map Scanning and Arc Grenading is pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

WeaponBoy posted:

Ok, so I've mostly been playing as a Turian Soldier in gold matches with a Cerberus Harrier I and that's been working alright. I have a Vanguard for silver matches where I just bop around like a tard and I also had a Volus Engineer that I used to shield spam, but I promoted him because...eh, no reason, and I've got him back up to level 16. I'm not really sure what other classes I have are worth using. I looked at the Havoc, but I couldn't figure out a good spec. Same thing for a Geth Infiltrator.

Here's my manifest, by the way: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=WeaponBoy&platform=pc

I am a big fan of the Geth Inflitrator as a run around and shotgun people kind of class, but I usually use the Piranha which you don't yet have. http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/Geth/EFRNR//////
I don't think the Havoc is a great class. Personally I have him specced out of cryo blast simply for Havoc strike shenanigan matches.

Randomly I found that the Turian soldier with marksman actually turns the Valkryie into a good gun. Maybe it was just because I was gridning challenges on silver, but I couldn't stop getting 75 Assault rifle kills each match. It actually made me pretty happy.

edit: corrected my build

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I built for a Melee Havoc.

Unfortunately he maxes out at something like 2900 melee damage (though it is aoe) on his heavy melee. It's just not enough to kill enough things on Gold+

It is fun though.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Burning Mustache posted:

Heck, TGI with a Harrier I is total babby mode. Besides, I doubt there's more than, say, a dozen people worldwide who even have a Harrier X.

And go ahead and mock me all day long because while it may be total babby mode, I still think it's fun as hell :colbert:
I mean, it's no challenge, but it's fun in the same way that putting two Scram Rail X and High Explosive Ammo X mods on your sniper rifle / shotgun in ME1 is.
I'm totally fine with poo poo that gets me through the shooting dudes mini-game faster so I can get to the real ME3 multiplayer: opening fuckin' boxes

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Dilb posted:

You can do that without bonus power, actually. Grenades and recon mine, either launching or detonating, don't break cloak. Hence the need to shoot/kick the walls when deploying recon mine; otherwise you stay in cloak until it runs out.

Bonus power is basically useless, all it would allow you to do is launch recon mine, detonate, and then launch recon mine again. And you'd need to keep your cooldowns low and take duration on cloak, or else recon mine wouldn't recharge before cloak runs out.

Actually, I'm pretty sure launching the Recon Mine will break Cloak, because doing so and not shooting the gun right afterwards leaves me with an rear end cooldown in the range of 10 seconds or thereabouts, which even letting Cloak run out just on its own shouldn't do (and which is also consistent for the recharge speed of Recon Mine with my loadout).

You're right about the Homing Grenades though. I forgot that they're actual grenades and therefore completely independent of cooldowns!

So I suppose the bonus power evolution of Cloak is pretty useless on the class after all.

WeaponBoy posted:

Ok, so I've mostly been playing as a Turian Soldier in gold matches with a Cerberus Harrier I and that's been working alright. I have a Vanguard for silver matches where I just bop around like a tard and I also had a Volus Engineer that I used to shield spam, but I promoted him because...eh, no reason, and I've got him back up to level 16. I'm not really sure what other classes I have are worth using. I looked at the Havoc, but I couldn't figure out a good spec. Same thing for a Geth Infiltrator.

Here's my manifest, by the way: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=WeaponBoy&platform=pc

Other people have already mentioned it, but the Gethfiltrator with a shotgun (especially the Reegar) is hilariously powerful.
One thing I might add is that, no matter how you build the class, do check out how Hunter Mode's increased sight range works for you.
Many people will disregard it right away and take the power evolution over it, but it's one of those things you really have to see for yourself.
You'll be playing with Hunter Mode enabled 100% of the time, and you'll notice how much that increased vision range evolution changes the way you play once you switch back to a different class and you're stuck without this incredible wallhack again :v:

On a completely different note, that Krogan Sentinel you have makes for an awesome melee class. Spec him for maximum melee damage (Tech Armor and his passives) and put that Shotgun Blade attachment to use (again, the Reegar is pretty decent for that class).

Insert name here posted:

I'm totally fine with poo poo that gets me through the shooting dudes mini-game faster so I can get to the real ME3 multiplayer: opening fuckin' boxes

Unfortunately that game gets pretty :geno: once you've maxed out all your gold characters and guns :negative:

This game desperately needs another round of DLC.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Burning Mustache posted:

Actually, I'm pretty sure launching the Recon Mine will break Cloak, because doing so and not shooting the gun right afterwards leaves me with an rear end cooldown in the range of 10 seconds or thereabouts, which even letting Cloak run out just on its own shouldn't do (and which is also consistent for the recharge speed of Recon Mine with my loadout).

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, but that's what we mean. Launching recon mine doesn't break cloak (meaning you're still invisible even if you didn't take bonus power) which is why you should melee/shoot soon after.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Demitri Omni posted:

I've always seen the Human Infil more as a 'support' Infil, since Cryo is a great spammable debuff, and Sticky Grenade isn't half bad.

:wal: You're right...it's all bad! :stat:

The pro HuInf gimmick is to skip grenades, max out weapon damage + cryo vulnerability, and equip a Claymore with HVB/SC. With the right upgrades you will one-shot any regular enemy on Gold and bring down boss units like Atlases in three-four blasts.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, but that's what we mean. Launching recon mine doesn't break cloak (meaning you're still invisible even if you didn't take bonus power) which is why you should melee/shoot soon after.

I was typing up a long post here but after reading through the conversation again, I think we've just been talking past each other and we mean the same thing :)

The main point being that the bonus power evolution is indeed quite useless for the Drellfiltrator because you will want to shoot right after deploying the Recon Mine from within Cloak in order to circumvent Recon Mine's ungodly cooldown and get Cloak's much faster cooldown instead.

I originally didn't remember that Homing Grenades were actual grenades and therefore completely independent of cooldowns, that was my main brainfart (I figured Cloak -> Homing Grenade -> Recon Mine -> Shoot would make for an interesting combo but seeing as how Homing Grenade won't break Cloak anyway, there's no need for the bonus power evolution).

Burning Mustache fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jan 15, 2013

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop

Gangringo posted:

Am I missing something about the huntress? Everyone here seems to think it's broken awesome but she feels really weak when I play.

I just gave her another shot and even with every possible power damage boost/consumable and playing against collectors dark channel took forever to kill anything.

You need to fire DC from under cloak to get the massive boost (if you fire DC right after cloaking you have a 3 sec cooldown no matter what, so you can ignore gun weight).

The other issue you might have is that DC does 50% damage to shields, so you have to take down their shields before DC wrecks them.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

eonblue174 posted:

You need to fire DC from under cloak to get the massive boost (if you fire DC right after cloaking you have a 3 sec cooldown no matter what, so you can ignore gun weight).

The other issue you might have is that DC does 50% damage to shields, so you have to take down their shields before DC wrecks them.

This. DC versus shields isn't too hot, but against anything with Barrier and Armor? It absolutely shreds them. I can take down a gold banshee with one Cloak + DC with power amps and a shot from a Black Widow to help it along.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 15, 2013
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Raised Guardian point value from 400 to 450, kill bonus from 40 to 45, and the assist budget from 100 to 120.
- These are bronze values. Silver, Gold, and Platinum difficulties are, likewise, proportionally affected.

Phase Disruptor (Slayer)
Lowered the base barrier drained for Phase Disruptor from 50% to 40%
- Evolution 4 increases the reduction of Phase Disruptor from 25% to 50%

Buffing a skill that was already pretty good to be able to be fired 5 times now?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Kaizer88 posted:

Phase Disruptor (Slayer)
my thoughts in youtube form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ-CmHZrKHU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kaizer88 posted:

Buffing a skill that was already pretty good to be able to be fired 5 times now?

hnghgngghhhhh oh my god

well I guess I know what class I'm playing tonight

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Kaizer88 posted:

Phase Disruptor (Slayer)

Totally awesome. Now if I could only fix the problem where nobody joins my game when I host.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Either I missed it earlier, or this is the first time you've actually identified the track.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Well, there's confirmation that Bioware is legally insane. The only thing that would make even a strip of sense is if they were doing this just to show people how you're supposed to play it and then they'll rescind it, but even that just shouldn't be necessary.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
It's a lot harder to play Slayer off-host because of the way Phase Disruptor is coded. It has to go client -> host -> client for whatever reason and this means you can't keep everything staggered as regularly and so you take more damage. Novaguard has a similar problem but a full-blast guy only has to Nova once vs 2-3 Phase shots.

They probably buffed it to compensate for the coding, which can't be hotfixed. Similar to what they did for the Asari Infiltrator. Of course this means hosting as a Slayer is now practically an automatic 150k points but I'm cool with that :c00l:

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Man, Reegar + Incendiary Ammo makes the Novaguard great even without a Geth Trooper along.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh cool, I needed to start working on Slayer Extractions anyway.

And I still need to finish off Guardian points too, so a great update for me overall. :)

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Its great that the multiplayer is still supported nearly a year after release considering we (I) thought it was going to be a tacked on throwaway extra with single player being the main focus. I rarely find the time to play nowadays but its still always really fun whenever I do.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

I absolutely love the Asari Valkyrie with the Reegar and warp ammo. Outside of a couple meters you're useless, inside a couple meters you are death, destroyer of worlds.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I just played a game with someone named omega_prissyboss. I don't think Aria will be amused :colbert:

Also he was a Kroguard who never charged and scored last. On silver. :psyduck:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Hey Elotana where's your updated N7 Slayer video :colbert:

seriously it's hilarious all the PD shots you can spam now.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Gangringo posted:

Totally awesome. Now if I could only fix the problem where nobody joins my game when I host.
I got the same problem. But people can join just fine if i end up as the host due to the original host leaving. :confused:

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe
I was playing online with friends and I noticed that I can't join their games - I get a black screen that says "waiting for other players" and I can hear the level noises in the background but not see anything. This didn't happen when I hosted the game instead of joining one. Any of you got this issue? We all live really close to each other, so yeah.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Charlie Mopps posted:

I got the same problem. But people can join just fine if i end up as the host due to the original host leaving. :confused:

I KNOW!

Totally weird. I'll make a random/random/gold game and loving tumbleweeds for minutes straight, but if I join a game, even if we're the only two and the host leaves people will join up regular-like.

It sucks because I love playing vanguard but I never get a chance to.

osigas
Mar 4, 2006

Then maybe you shouldn't be living here
Been playing MP for about a month now but only just discovered the wonders of the Human Adept Singularity > Shockwave > BE > Warp > Singularity Detonate > BE last night, all interspersed with Hurricane fire. Was wonderful.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
Yes, Human Adept owns!
It's also one of the more effective classes against Collectors (besides uber-damage Infiltrator snipers) what with Singularity and Seeker Swarms / Abominations.

The class is seriously underrated.

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

osigas posted:

Been playing MP for about a month now but only just discovered the wonders of the Human Adept Singularity > Shockwave > BE > Warp > Singularity Detonate > BE last night, all interspersed with Hurricane fire. Was wonderful.

I played some human adept yesterday in order to finish off the biotic mastery challenge and yeah, they're loads of fun!

Now I'm trying to do geth plasma smg for Resurgence mastery and it's kind of dull. I've ended up using it on my Destroyer because I can just amble round with the trigger held down and not worry about powers.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

It helps that singularity recently got a huge buff that took it from "ignore, maybe put three levels in" to "EVERYTHING IS EXPLODING"

It's still a decent class but it's hard to endorse it over the Krogan adept or the Human sentinel.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Gangringo posted:

It helps that singularity recently got a huge buff that took it from "ignore, maybe put three levels in" to "EVERYTHING IS EXPLODING"

It's still a decent class but it's hard to endorse it over the Krogan adept or the Human sentinel.

Ehh, I dunno. Like, with the Krogan Adept, your only detonation source is Warp and your only detonation power is Shockwave, which is a bit too inconsistent for my taste.
I mean, I like having Shockwave on the Human Adept because it has its uses for detonating stuff through walls, but you need to hit (and lead targets) pretty precisely for it to connect, whereas Singularity and Warp can be cast over the entire map and with 100% accuracy.

Human Sentinel is good at what he does but I think the Adept's Singularity makes that class a tad more versatile. Specifically it's a really awesome power against the incredibly annoying enemies like Husks, Abominations and Seeker Swarms.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

ahahaha this is the perfect post

I actually had to read that patch note a couple of times, because I thought they'd nerfed it for a moment there.

419.999999725 Stagger Everything Every Day (Some Of The Time, Only If You're Hosting, Void Where Prohibited)

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Burning Mustache posted:

Human Sentinel is good at what he does but I think the Adept's Singularity makes that class a tad more versatile. Specifically it's a really awesome power against the incredibly annoying enemies like Husks, Abominations and Seeker Swarms.

Warp + Throw has roughly the same overall cooldown as Singularity + Warp/Shockwave and starting with warp means you get bonus damage from all the bullets you pump into the enemy during cooldown plus the extra 50% bonus explosion damage from throw, and the damage throw itself does. Not to mention the utility of having a homing biotic falcon punch on a 1.25 second cooldown.

All that and you get tech armor.

If the game was still about holding a single chokepoint and funneling enemies singularity would be great but with how much movement is in the game now you pretty much end up re-casting it every time. Shockwave is drat useful for laming out groups through walls though.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
Yeah, as I said, Human Sentinel is pretty good at what he does (which is better than the Adept's Singularity + Warp combo), but Singularity's trap effect and having Shockwave as a bonus detonator through walls for when you need that makes the Adept feel a tad more versatile in my opinion.
It's the combination of powers that makes the class interesting.

Shockwave + Warp alone (like in the case of the Krogan Adept) is a bit meh.
Warp + Throw in itself is really drat good and solid, no debate here.
Singularity and Shockwave on their own are a bit meh, but the combination of those two and Warp is what makes the class interesting.

Tech Armor is a nice bonus, no doubt about it, and again, the Sentinel is a solid class, but I just feel that the Adept is a lot more versatile due to the power combinations.
It certainly feels like one of the more unique classes anyway.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Is skipping pull and going for weapon damage a good way to spec a Drell adept? Since you're pretty much just hitting stuff with reave then pelting them with combo evolution cluster grenades it doesn't seem like cooldowns should be much of an issue and the Drell weapon damage bonuses are pretty big. Something like this with an AR or shotgun.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I would take the first power damage bonus on Drell Assassin, but yeah, skipping Pull is perfectly valid.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I usually put 3 points into pull on my Justicar and skip the sixth rank of the class passive. It's not something I use all the time but it's useful for cleaning up low-rank enemies and detonating lifted targets with reave is a good way to clear out spawns.

I would apply the same logic to a drell, but I can also see skipping it and using a grenade as your spawn-clearer of choice.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

sandpiper posted:

I was playing online with friends and I noticed that I can't join their games - I get a black screen that says "waiting for other players" and I can hear the level noises in the background but not see anything. This didn't happen when I hosted the game instead of joining one. Any of you got this issue? We all live really close to each other, so yeah.

I've played with people that have had this problem as well and I've been one of the people that have had that problem as well. Basically it's a problem with the host and your connection interfering with each other. Nothing to do with Bioware for once and usually has to do with NAT types. I play on the Xbox360 and rarely get it but that's because I have an Open NAT type so someone has to have a Closed or really messed up Moderate for me to get it.

Basically, the best advice is to try other people as the host and see if you still get the error. If that doesn't work restart your system to see if that refreshes anything. Sadly there are those connections between people that just don't get along and need a third party as the host.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Zoran posted:

I would take the first power damage bonus on Drell Assassin, but yeah, skipping Pull is perfectly valid.

Yea that's really the only bit I'm not 100% on, I may just take it since none of my weapons are very highly upgraded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
Half a year later and I still dislike the N7 Destroyer when compared to the bog standard human soldier. I just love adrenaline rush for a quick reload and shield regen along with extra flexibility over the extra shootstuff the Destroyer gets. Am I insane?

• Locked thread