Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Midee posted:

Assuming you're on PC, have you tried adjusting your field of view? By default the game is set to Console Tunnel Vision view, and that plus crap on the screen just makes your peripheral vision even worse.

That's a great idea, I'll give it a shot. But won't messing with coalesced.bin get me banned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

seravid posted:

That's a great idea, I'll give it a shot. But won't messing with coalesced.bin get me banned?
No.
The official word on coalesced editing is that that kind of tweaking, and single player editing is kosher, and in regards to multiplayer, they don't have any detection ability and rely on the community to report suspected cheaters.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Dezinus posted:

Uhhh did they just re-un-nerf the Acolyte charge time? :stare:

Acolyte-only Geth Trooper Firebat rides again!

The snapshot they based the patch on had the chargeless acolyte; they're going to be changing it back soon.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Origin has virtually nothing in the way of actual cheat detection. All the ME3 devs have is the ability to act on reports and particularly egregious N7 profiles.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

Dezinus posted:

Uhhh did they just re-un-nerf the Acolyte charge time? :stare:

Acolyte-only Geth Trooper Firebat rides again!

You mean there was another way to play him?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite thing about Platinum is that there's no medal for it, not even the gold one, just the map and enemy one.

BioWare working hard as always. :thumbsup:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Scob posted:

So I got the n7 engineer and it kinda sucks that homing and arc grenades are on the same count. I guess it might be over powered to be running around with each on their own counter but goddamn it would be fun.
On the other hand, Grenade Capacity V gives you ten grenades to play with, plus the pylon to make sure you're well stocked. Plus ammo packs. :clint:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Well, the Thermal Packs can "only" give 10 grenades, so if you've got a max of 11 or 12, it's not a full refill. But on the other hand, ten loving grenades from something you probably get more of than you ever use. Slapping a Harrier on a Demolisher just plain makes sense too, as a result. (Plus another weapon since you give no fucks about cooldowns.)

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Does the cloak power bonus apply as soon as you hit the button or do you need to wait for the cloak to actually apply to your character visually?

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

PageMaster posted:

Does the cloak power bonus apply as soon as you hit the button or do you need to wait for the cloak to actually apply to your character visually?

Apparently you need to wait ~1 second after activating the cloak, but I honestly haven't noticed much of a difference either way.

EDIT: Are you talking about the Power Bonus, like on an Asari Huntress, or Bonus Power, like the one that lets you use a power without breaking the cloak?

Also, is Annihilation Field not priming all the time a bug, or is it a lag issue?

ALSO, does something like Structural Ergonomics affect cooldown if you have +200% but are also using a power that slows cooldown, like Tech Armor or Fortification?

Doc Dee fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 1, 2013

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Doc Dee posted:

Apparently you need to wait ~1 second after activating the cloak, but I honestly haven't noticed much of a difference either way.

Also, is Annihilation Field not priming all the time a bug, or is it a lag issue?

ALSO, does something like Structural Ergonomics affect cooldown if you have +200% but are also using a power that slows cooldown, like Tech Armor or Fortification?

Structural Ergonomics will affect it even if you're at -200% and not using any cooldown-slowing powers. The 200 cap is strictly for weight bonuses.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Doc Dee posted:

I keep reading this but have the crazy Russian guys who know ME3's inner workings better than Bioware does confirmed it? It smells like either total bullshit or total Bioware and I can't decide which.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Nah, I just tested it, and neither the Salarian Infiltrator or the Asari Huntress need to wait for any length of time for the cloak bonus to kick in. You absolutely do not need to wait for the visual effect.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

will buying equipment packs give me a better chance for capacity upgrades? I'm still at two across the board.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

IcePhoenix posted:

will buying equipment packs give me a better chance for capacity upgrades? I'm still at two across the board.

I don't think equipment packs will give capacity upgrades at all. All they can give are the consumables themselves.

I think capacity upgrades being Gold cards, your best bets will probably be PSPs.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Psion posted:

I keep reading this but have the crazy Russian guys who know ME3's inner workings better than Bioware does confirmed it? It smells like either total bullshit or total Bioware and I can't decide which.

idk, someone here told me that a a page or two back, and I tried it and it only slowed me down. Still had the double-cooldown issue too. But I guess that is what is SUPPOSED to happen.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Burning Mustache posted:

I don't think equipment packs will give capacity upgrades at all. All they can give are the consumables themselves.

I think capacity upgrades being Gold cards, your best bets will probably be PSPs.

yeah, I've been buying PSPs, though I might start switching to SPs just so I can get more things in general.

Is there still a community gamertag or do people just use the spreadsheet nowadays? Be nice to get into some goon games this weekend.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dilb posted:

Nah, I just tested it, and neither the Salarian Infiltrator or the Asari Huntress need to wait for any length of time for the cloak bonus to kick in. You absolutely do not need to wait for the visual effect.

Waiting just makes it less likely for cloak to glitch out visually (powers and shots not breaking cloak, your character constantly recloaking outside of your control).

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Dilb posted:

Did you test as the host, or off-host? I seem to remember the ~1 second delay was an off-host issue.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Doc Dee posted:

EDIT: Are you talking about the Power Bonus, like on an Asari Huntress, or Bonus Power, like the one that lets you use a power without breaking the cloak?

Asari Huntress bonus power. I hit her power at almost the same time I hit cloak but I didn't know if needed to wait for the bonus or not.

Regarding Annihilation Field, do you mean it's not applying it's priming effect at all, or that you can't seem to detonate it when you throw? I've noticed recently that my biotic detonations won't visually or audibly go off but I'll still show one in the kill feed.

Dilb posted:

Perfect!

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 1, 2013

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
If the rumour of the bloodpack smg being in mp is true, that thing is awesome on a vanguard. Plus it has armour piercing built in. I imagine the quarian assault rifle will get nerfed so bad it'll be pointless.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

PageMaster posted:

Regarding Annihilation Field, do you mean it's not applying it's priming effect at all, or that you can't seem to detonate it when you throw? I've noticed recently that my biotic detonations won't visually or audibly go off but I'll still show one in the kill feed.

It's sometimes not priming at all, sometimes not detonating when I use Warp (haven't tried it with Fury, been playing a lot of Valkyrie lately), sometimes not visibly or audibly exploding, and once I had an issue where the visual effect was on and the power itself wasn't, then I'd detonate the field, and suddenly the guys I was running up on were getting primed. It may have just been a lag issue, but that shouldn't happen ALL THE TIME.

I've really only noticed it since that update yesterday, so that might be part of it.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Houdini posted:

If the rumour of the bloodpack smg being in mp is true, that thing is awesome on a vanguard. Plus it has armour piercing built in. I imagine the quarian assault rifle will get nerfed so bad it'll be pointless.

The Blood Pack pistol (executioner?) could be fairly good on a vanguard too, given that it's even more of a pocket shotgun than the Talon.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Doc Dee posted:

It's sometimes not priming at all, sometimes not detonating when I use Warp (haven't tried it with Fury, been playing a lot of Valkyrie lately), sometimes not visibly or audibly exploding, and once I had an issue where the visual effect was on and the power itself wasn't, then I'd detonate the field, and suddenly the guys I was running up on were getting primed. It may have just been a lag issue, but that shouldn't happen ALL THE TIME.

I've really only noticed it since that update yesterday, so that might be part of it.

Like everything else, AF is very sensitive to lag. If your host is laggy, then AF will trail behind your actual position. You'll have a much more fun time hosting whenever you run with an AF-based class.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure we'll have a week or two of those guns being grotesquely overpowered when we get em before they're nerfed.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Alteisen posted:

I'm sure we'll have a week or two of those guns being grotesquely overpowered when we get em before they're nerfed.

Platinum here I come :getin:

I missed out on all the super overpowered guns (Falcon at launch, Krysae, etc) until Earth where I saved up my spacebux and had a Pirhana the day Earth came out. I'm saving up again in case this new DLC comes out and has Ludicrously Overpowered Guns. I'M READY FOR YOU BIOWARE.

I mean at this point I'm almost completely convinced it's intentional.

e: I hate the poster below me because I might get like 1.5m by next Tuesday and he's already got 15. :mad:

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 1, 2013

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
So how much creds have people saved up for the next DLC? I'm sitting at 15 mil myself which should get me a lot closer to filling up all the URs. If the system weren't such a crap shoot, I'd gladly support Bioware with some point purchases if you were guaranteed something.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I don't save credits because I'm trying to max my URs. I'm perfectly content with taking a week or so to get all the stuff from a new patch.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Elotana posted:

I don't save credits because I'm trying to max my URs. I'm perfectly content with taking a week or so to get all the stuff from a new patch.

But if you save them up you can make lovely montage videos set to atrocious remixes of the Fox NFL theme song. How could you not :confused:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

4412 credits. :getin:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

Elotana posted:

I read somewhere that the UR drop rate is higher on days new DLC is released. No idea if that's accurate but I'm hoarding credits to blow on launch day just in case.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I don't know how you people save up millions of credits. I can't resist buying SPs and PSPs. Also, I eat through medi-gel. Guess I'm just poo poo-tier. :smith:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Cheap Vodka posted:

I read somewhere that the UR drop rate is higher on days new DLC is released. No idea if that's accurate but I'm hoarding credits to blow on launch day just in case.

Smells like confirmation bias to me. If you buy 2 packs a day for 30 days versus 60 packs in 1 day I bet it'd "feel" like you get more URs even if you don't.

Feels like we're talking about cigarettes.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

32 million :shepface:

If the rumors are true, the Adas and Venom are getting nerfed to poo poo before making it to MP. The Executioner is literally a Widow in pistol form so I wouldn't expect it to come at all.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Don't you already have a maxed UR manifest? I think I hate you even more than that other guy.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I'm sure this isn't true but it seems like the patch hosed with Reapers a bit. Brutes seem to sync kill a lot (I'd only seen one Brute sync kill before the patch, and after it I saw four in a single game). And it seems like the Brute/Banshee/Ravager numbers are different.

edit: on gold

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I used a spec op pack on death and popped up back to life. That seems to have been patched in as well.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Venom in multiplayer?!

Every time I stop playing this game... they do something like that.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I'm sure this isn't true but it seems like the patch hosed with Reapers a bit. Brutes seem to sync kill a lot (I'd only seen one Brute sync kill before the patch, and after it I saw four in a single game). And it seems like the Brute/Banshee/Ravager numbers are different.

edit: on gold

I feel like this too. My Batarian Vanguard used to be a Brute slayer but now I can't go near them because I get sync-killed every time.

8892 credits in the bank :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

precision posted:

The Venom in multiplayer?!

Every time I stop playing this game... they do something like that.

I don't think it can go in without a salarian soldier in some badass power armour.

• Locked thread