Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Alteisen posted:

God the vorcha engie is complete balls. I specced him entirely for melee just to do silver with him and any other vorcha would be more effective. Least the net has its uses.

And may I say I love that if melee the brute at the wrong time I just bounce off his spiky body.

He can't really play like the other two vorcha in my experience. I like to play mine on gold with the AOE death net + area/burn incinerate for tech combos, a kishock to blow the heads off of little things caught with nets, and melee as a backup stagger causing attack between reloads and power cooldowns. He isn't nearly as destructive as some other classes but he's not Quarian F-Engineer bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Quarian Female Engineer is better than the Vorcha Hunter.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hope other characters can take cover behind the Juggernaut.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

UnknownMercenary posted:

The Quarian Female Engineer is better than the Vorcha Hunter.

Well, I find him perfectly acceptable :colbert: The cryo-blast--> incinerate combo is too finicky to use consistently and the quarian turret is pretty crappy.

I won't argue that he's top tier or even one of the better engineers, but I get much more use out of him than some of the others.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Mr Dog posted:

Also if the Juggernaut's reduced mobility means that it can't run then it MUST have sync kill immunity as well. Otherwise he's just going to get dropped by Banshees with impunity, Phantoms poking it in the knee will be lethal, and I have no idea what a Brute slam would even look like.

Reduced mobility is just a fancy way of saying that a character can't dodge.

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Here's the thread and I think it's pretty clear cut from the exchange in there that the Juggernaut "has" a turret.

"Eric please tell me his pre existing power is Geth Turret" and Eric Fagnan's response was "Very well, yes it is the turret."

This is a good link, it only has the posts from the developer (thanks for posting!) Pertinent section:

The Geth Juggernaut has reduced mobility so he moves slowly, can't evade, and can't take cover. To compensate, he has significantly more defenses than anyone else and has a few special abilities to help him deflect damage and be more survivable.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

eonblue174 posted:

This is a good link, it only has the posts from the developer (thanks for posting!) Pertinent section:

The Geth Juggernaut has reduced mobility so he moves slowly, can't evade, and can't take cover. To compensate, he has significantly more defenses than anyone else and has a few special abilities to help him deflect damage and be more survivable.

He'd better have like a billion shield and tons of health. I'd be down for a skill that makes him a mobile cover option though.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Well, I'm glad we already got confirmation that a lot of what's coming is new abilities, but I just realized that if there was a class with Nova, Charge, and Annihilation Field I don't think I would play anything else, ever.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

So, I don't have an Inferno Grenade class, so I just bought a Reserves pack with what little money I have, and I get... the lights option for my Volus Merc, AND racing stripes on my Turian Saboteur. I haven't even played the Saboteur yet.

I just counted, and there are 27 characters I don't have unlocked.

Bioware's RNG is a strange beast. I feel incredibly lucky to have both the Fury and the Paladin to farm Gold matches with. I'm really not doing too bad in the weapons department for only having started playing a little over a month ago, and usually getting 4-6 hours in a week.

On the other hand, the only Krogan I have is the Shaman, and I still don't have a Vorcha.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Lynx posted:

So apparently completing Operation Tribute gives you a new banner. Here's hoping for "Big Guddamn Heroes."

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Saw this on BSN, the German Mass Effect Facebook page says that the name of the Zaeed banner is "Part of the Goddamn Team."

Aw, man. I was also hoping for "Big Goddamn Heroes".

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Zoran posted:

Invaderone and company posted their own FB Glacier speedrun strategy. It's a bit cleverer than what I came up with. I'm impressed!

Hey, we managed twelve minutes on that map, didn't we?

Pretty good for a first (second?) try.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
After a few disastrous matches with terrible pubbies, I had a few good ones with Ziffles and a couple of good pubs. I sure do love hosting, because Vanguard is my favorite class!

Then I had a four-Vanguard match--me as Cerbguard, a Krogan, a Drell, and a Batarian. Everything got charged. Everything.

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 22, 2013

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Sarkozymandias posted:

I really gotta say I picked a bad time to promote my soldier. Krogan Soldier is my only Inferno Grenade class :(

Oh, nuts. I did this too. Let's just put our one post-promotion point in Inferno Grenade and stumble through Bronze :(

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

Well, I'm glad we already got confirmation that a lot of what's coming is new abilities, but I just realized that if there was a class with Nova, Charge, and Annihilation Field I don't think I would play anything else, ever.

I want something with Singularity, Biotic Orbs and Flare.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I just got kicked from a silver game for being level 1. :psyduck:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I just got kicked from a silver game for being level 1. :psyduck:

I got kicked from a gold game because I wasn't playing an 'optimal character'. People are dumb.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.
I got kicked from a game yesterday for playing a Volus. There was a N7 1 person in there. I have no idea.

Just gonna mention that Krogan Shaman is awesome, those Warp/Shockwave explosions are crazy powerful.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Seeing the info on the new DLC is making me think I will have to start playing again. Who would be up for Glacier/Cerberus?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Unless the lobby tells you, you have no idea why you were kicked. It could have been because you were level 1 or a bad character or whatever, but it's just as likely they were waiting for a friend or you had a gun/mod/equipment that made no sense, or any number of other completely plausible reasons that have nothing to do with pubbies being stupid.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Thankfully, in addition to the Geth stagger changes, the DLC characters are all being released at once.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
Anybody else missing the weekend operation countdown on the BSN site?
It should start ~4 hours from now, right?

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
I wasnt kicked from a gold game last night per se, but when I entered, the host and his buddy started saying "Oh man, this guy has a Kishok X and a Geth Plasma SMG X, he's going all out" and proceeded to leave the lobby, both of them. Are people still worried about being the top of the list when the overall xp and credits are shared? Just enjoy getting all your assists you babies!

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Skeematic posted:

a Geth Plasma SMG X, he's going all out

:shrug:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
Im the guy that spent all their credits on Wednesday night. I finally got some missiles after not getting any for months though. :getin:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Houdini posted:

Im the guy that spent all their credits on Wednesday night. I finally got some missiles after not getting any for months though. :getin:
I'm the guy that spends all his credits as soon as he can because I'm impatient and need new toys NOW DAMMIT.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

In case any PS3 owners with an EU account who have yet to get Mass Effect 3 are checking out this thread, ME3 has been confirmed to become a free PS+ game on the EU PS Store from March 6th, right after the release of the Citadel DLC: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/02/22/playstation-plus-your-march-update/

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I just soloed a bronze hazard Dagger match with an Avenger-toting BatSol without realizing the challenge isn't up yet. :v:
TIMEZONES ARE HARD OKAY?

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Alteisen posted:

God the vorcha engie is complete balls. I specced him entirely for melee just to do silver with him and any other vorcha would be more effective. Least the net has its uses.

Here's a Gold run I did in melee spec that says you are wrong!

Sadly I had no way to record voice chat, it was pretty hilarious when I stabbed that Praetorian to death.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Trykt posted:

Sadly I had no way to record voice chat, it was pretty hilarious when I stabbed that Praetorian to death.

Cracks me up every single time you melee a swarm of Collector bees.

e: vvv yeah I'm running that banner instead of Nomad this week.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 22, 2013

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
So the Invaderone crew now have a speedrun for Firebase Hydra up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n4XT0RCfdc

Also, here's the new banner:

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.
I tried the N7 Fury out last night and really enjoyed the white knuckles gameplay. Launching myself into a pack of baddies was awesome, but I found that annihilation field wears off after a time, and it can be hard to tell if the power is active or not. A couple of times I wasn't sure if I was refreshing the power or detonating it. Any suggestions for how to track if it is still up, especially in the middle of all the chaos? I know it should appear as a purple cloud around me, but at times it definitely wasn't displaying on my character correctly.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Beach posted:

Any suggestions for how to track if it is still up,

I recast it at the start of every wave just to reset the clock on it. That tends to work pretty well unless a wave gets really nasty.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
You'll know when you recast it because it forms a sparkly sphere around your character when you cast and explodes outward with a slightly louder THOOM when you turn it off.

Sometimes the glow does make it hard to tell when it's actually on or off, so when in doubt, just toggle it and see if the effect looks right.

I always spec it for maximum speed, which also helps, since it's more noticeable when you're suddenly running slower.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
The bug where too much stuff happening at once will glitch out all the visual effects for the rest of the match still exists, so sometimes the demon tentacle-y aura isn't a way you can tell. Making it worse is the fact that unlike all of the other toggleable abilities, both on and off cause a cooldown. If you don't know the sounds, or have the speed increase, you basically have to guess...at least up until the point when you Throw at someone point-blank and it either does or doesn't cause an explosion. Recasting at the beginning of a wave (or any other time you have a definite breather) is the best idea, but even then sometimes you'll have long objective waves, or the extraction wave lasting 2 minutes when the max duration is 90 seconds. Fury makes you pay a lot more attention to your character model than any other class.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.
It would be great if they added some MMO style status icons for things like AoE's, damage boosts and buffs/debuffs.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Beach posted:

It would be great if they added some MMO style status icons for things like AoE's, damage boosts and buffs/debuffs.

The one for "Grabbed by Husk" should just be someone pointing and laughing at you. That's how it always feels anyway. :smith:

(Sync kills would just be a middle finger.)

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Beach posted:

I tried the N7 Fury out last night and really enjoyed the white knuckles gameplay. Launching myself into a pack of baddies was awesome, but I found that annihilation field wears off after a time, and it can be hard to tell if the power is active or not. A couple of times I wasn't sure if I was refreshing the power or detonating it. Any suggestions for how to track if it is still up, especially in the middle of all the chaos? I know it should appear as a purple cloud around me, but at times it definitely wasn't displaying on my character correctly.

Color your fury white to see the field more clearly, and manually detonate & recast during downtime. Yes sometimes the visual effect on your character bugs out, but i've never had a problem with the field's visual effect on enemies.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Trykt posted:

Might be impressed if you had done it solo. And I still maintain that any other Vorcha would be more useful. Can't help but notice that didn't use the net to much, though I only watched 3 waves.

I do like your choice of weapon though, are you using the smart choke or the shredder mode?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Alteisen posted:

Might be impressed if you had done it solo.

:rolleyes: Point still stands that the class is gold viable, which was the point of contention.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Color your fury white to see the field more clearly,

How did I not think about this? :facepalm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Psion posted:

:rolleyes: Point still stands that the class is gold viable, which was the point of contention.

And my point is, why would I use him on gold when any other vorcha is better.

He's still the worst class in the game.

• Locked thread