Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I finally got an answer to a question I've had for a while. We had one banshee left, three of us were dead, I got sync killed, the "your team is down" radio call came over, and then the Banshee died and we all revived for the next wave. A perfect Dark Channel can save a wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Finally got into this, can anyone comment on their experiences with any good multiplayer mods?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Just in time for Andromeda! It has to be the first game I've preordered in a long time.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Finally got into this, can anyone comment on their experiences with any good multiplayer mods?

The all-husks one is a good time, but other than that, I enjoy the regular old vanilla MP with your own silly choices. Bright pink Krogan Zerker with the tiniest pistol possible! Also, since I imagine you're playing on PC, you will 100% not get banned for using CE to mod your credits to 9999999999 and just buying the expensive packs for an hour straight. That might short-circuit the experience, though. Caveat emptor.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

All husks must be just about impossible without massive AOE cheese?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Two Finger posted:

All husks must be just about impossible without massive AOE cheese?

Not even sure that'll work since most AOE has a target limit.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I think I went with Krogan Vanguard and basic human Vanguard. Heavy melees and charges keep you topped off. Most husks will politely wait their turn once one grabs you.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Bogart posted:

Most husks will politely wait their turn once one grabs you.

Cool, husks follow martial arts movie fight guidelines.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Batarian soldier is the answer to all your husk problems.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I've never had a Husk problem that couldn't be solved with Shockwave, I don't get it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Two Finger posted:

Just in time for Andromeda! It has to be the first game I've preordered in a long time.

When does that come out and is there news about multiplayer/beta?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Dunno about betas, but I believe it comes out in March and it will have multiplayer.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

march 23, i got the super deluxe edition with these great benefits

Multiplayer Deluxe Launch Pack – Get a head start on Day 1 co-op play with the Multiplayer Launch Pack, which includes items to kick start your progress (entitled instantly).Multiplayer Super Deluxe Booster PacksOwn co-op play with the best multiplayer value – a weekly Premium Pack for a 20-week period to deliver an ongoing boost to your progression (1 pack per week for 20 weeks).

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

SgtSteel91 posted:

For the multiplayer part of the OP

MP looking hopeful.

There's also a Krogan Vanguard performing a Charge into a Nova in one of the trailers.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

tribbledirigible posted:

MP looking hopeful.

Pretty much the only reason I'm interested.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

Pretty much the only reason I'm interested.

yeah i preordered it for the mp alone

the single player is generally pretty good too but it was the multi that made me dump hundreds of hours into it

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Two Finger posted:

yeah i preordered it for the mp alone

the single player is generally pretty good too but it was the multi that made me dump hundreds of hours into it

[Takes a look at manifest] Ha...haha..yeah..hundreds...

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

tribbledirigible posted:

[Takes a look at manifest] Ha...haha..yeah..hundreds...

I still need Saber upgrades drat it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
While I'm most excited for the MP, I'm also interested in the single player this time around since it's the start of a new series(Mass Effect 1's gameplay is just not something I can get into these days)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm sorry guys, but playing on the PS3, I just had to step back from playing endless hours to upgrade my weapons when I should just be playing it on PC and cheating so I can be on even footing with those who have been playing forever.

That said, I'm replaying the SP right now. What are the best weapons in each category, without buying the gear DLC? (I know this has been asked everywhere, but I rely on SA for the non-stupid explanation of, well, everything.) Does Elotana's weapon tier list from the OP hold true for single-player?

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 11, 2017

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
A lot of the patches in multiplayer don't apply to single player so weapons can vary in quality between the two.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Tezcatlipoca posted:

A lot of the patches in multiplayer don't apply to single player so weapons can vary in quality between the two.

Yup, Falcon, Krusae, Pirhana, etc. are still as OP as when they were released. So it largely depends on the way you want to play.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Shield gate is much stronger for single player too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm sorry guys, but playing on the PS3, I just had to step back from playing endless hours to upgrade my weapons when I should just be playing it on PC and cheating so I can be on even footing with those who have been playing forever.

That said, I'm replaying the SP right now. What are the best weapons in each category, without buying the gear DLC? (I know this has been asked everywhere, but I rely on SA for the non-stupid explanation of, well, everything.) Does Elotana's weapon tier list from the OP hold true for single-player?

It's pretty hard to go past the Widow/BW. For SMGs I've always been a fan of the Hornet with stabliisation mods. Shotguns Claymore or Graal. Pistols is always gonna be the Talon. AR, well, I still like the Mattock but Saber, Revenant (with Marksman), but honestly you'll be best to experiment and see what you like.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Who's playing Andromeda? I'm getting it for Xbone, GT Two Finger

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm waiting on the reviews of Andromeda. I just don't wanna get hurt again. :(

Plus, with how quickly game prices drop these days, it almost seems silly to buy things day one unless you wanna be part of the zeitgeist (which I totally understand).

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I'm just going to wait until Christmas, which is when I plan to buy a PS4 along with a much bigger television. I'm also going to get really stoned and watch BvS again.

Playing the DLCs now. Do I want Slam, Dark Channel, or Dominate as a bonus power???

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

What's your main class?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Adept. I'm using Warp Ammo as my bonus right now, and I love ammo powers, but I use Liara and Garrus often enough. And I feel like I ought to be using these powers that are otherwise only available in multiplayer. I'm also starting to think that I should redo my powers and just drop Singularity completely.

I'm also thinking of replaying ME3 as a Vanguard, again, b/c Vanguard.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Dark Channel would be my pick, because it's persistent and can prime multiple targets.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm just going to wait until Christmas, which is when I plan to buy a PS4 along with a much bigger television. I'm also going to get really stoned and watch BvS again.

Playing the DLCs now. Do I want Slam, Dark Channel, or Dominate as a bonus power???

Personally I'd keep warp ammo since it'll help your damage against anything you put singularity or warp on but Dominate might be useful as CC.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Rick_Hunter posted:

Personally I'd keep warp ammo since it'll help your damage against anything you put singularity or warp on but Dominate might be useful as CC.

Oh, Warp Ammo is a bonus power? Stick with that then.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Is there a consensus on which ammo powers are the best, btw? Always seemed to me that it was Cryo>Incendiary>Disruptor/Warp>AP, but I loving love Incendiary.

As far as the weapons questions I've posed early, I've found that each of the weapons that are available to me (i.e. let me keep +200% RR) really do have their merits. The Eviscerator hits harder, but I had forgotten how fast the Disciple Fires, which is nice when a Brute is staring you in the face. For AR, the Mattock and Phaeston are both capable of taking down a Banshee. Ironically, I can't find a SMG that I like as an Adept--the Hornet's recoil is unacceptable, and replacing Ultralight Materials with a Stability Damper makes it too heavy to carry as a backup weapon.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It's worth noting the only way I was able to make the Hornet usable was with Marksman and Turian passives. Then it became a laser pointer headshot machine.

Your disciple is good because it's a guaranteed stagger which is important for adepts. Play with a few sniper rifles too. I generally allow anything up to about 130% for cooldown.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Halloween Jack posted:

Is there a consensus on which ammo powers are the best, btw? Always seemed to me that it was Cryo>Incendiary>Disruptor/Warp>AP, but I loving love Incendiary.

For multiplayer, it's incendiary by far, thanks to its broken interaction with other fire-based powers and Warp.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
In MP, Incendiary and Warp are god for their messed up interactions with the Reegar. In SP, it really depends on your class composition. For you personally, I'd imagine Warp is best for the interactions with your skills and Liara's.

As far as weapons are concerned, I used a Mattock or a Hurricane 90% of the time. Only thing that really matters is what you like to use. I'm sure there's a tier list somewhere in the thread (spoilers: the Cerberus Harrier), but you know how it is. Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. These are only the foolish perceptions of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I forgot to mention, I'm a bad FPS man, but I've used the Raptor some in missions where I anticipated a lot of cover shooting. Basically a Mattock with a built-in scope. Nice, but I ditch it on missions where I know I'm going to be fighting at close range.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'd stay clear of the Raptor. It just isn't that good. Honestly, as others are saying, experiment. Take a different gun to each mission.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Even with SP's long recharge times a +200% recharge rate isn't super necessary, especially when you can pause the game and have two squaddies' powers on demand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Halloween Jack posted:

DC is great, hit someone with it, throw warp, watch them dissolve and then have it jump to the next poor bastard.

• Locked thread