Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah fortunately I was already planning on speedrunning a lot of Cerberus this weekend for the event.

Hit me up if you see me on. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Qwezz posted:

drat. Hearing his voice again made me realise how cool harbinger was in ME2.
I hope he assumes control and joins the fray. taunting us with insults about needing a group and being nothing compared to The Shepard he keeps mentioning to the other reapers.

I will forgive Bioware just a little bit for taking him out of the main game.
It definitely showed a glowy Collector charging, though, so I think Harby's back.

Flagrant Abuse posted:

I'm quite certain I saw a Batarian biotic in that trailer. :getin:

You did. And I am 90% sure he was doing the distinctive jerk-hand-back motion for Lash.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It looked like there was an enemy using a yellow-colored Smash.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
... is that a Reaper Destroyer :aaa:

And oh loving wonderful, Praetorian looks like yet another enemy that can sync kill :jerkbag: Because those are so totally not-cheap. Still, they're not very mobile, so that's about as big a threat as an Atlas sync kill, nbd.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

zxqv8 posted:

Godamn, they sure do know how to make a good trailer.

I think that was a Batarian with lash, and was that a Drell with homing grenades?

This looks like it might be pretty fun.

Yes, it absolutely was a Drell with homers. I am... excited.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Drellgineer? Streak across the map, leaving a trail of grenade explosions in your wake.

Nothing is more exciting than Batarian Vanguard, though.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I wonder what class of Drell it is. Homing grenade doesn't really fit the infiltrator class so well, but maybe I'm just not doing enough mental gymnastics to make it fit.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Mr.Flibble posted:

It is a Batarian Vanguard! for some reason they edited the post to have less info then before, here is the original post."
So, we will be able to not only smash into an enemy through a biotic warp tunnel, but smash into a an enemy through a biotic warp tunnel while covered in spikes.
Count me the gently caress in.

That's of course assuming the BatVan also has Blade Armour. I hope they do.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Nordick posted:

So, we will be able to not only smash into an enemy through a biotic warp tunnel, but smash into a an enemy through a biotic warp tunnel while covered in spikes.
Count me the gently caress in.

That's of course assuming the BatVan also has Blade Armour. I hope they do.

And then you get to punch their head off with your buzzsaw arm if they're somehow still standing.

:black101:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Watched it again. Things of note:

Turian Havoc? seems to have a jetpack.

Asari Huntress? seems to have a shadow-strike type ability, at one point an Asari disappears and reappears behind an enemy.

Whoever said about a yellow-coloured Smash is right.

The Krogan definitely fires a shockwave.

A Geth performs a strike on someone on the ground - could just be a funky angle for a grab kill, but I'm not 100%

What looks like a Cannibal knocks a Geth down

And I am more and more certain that Batarian is using Lash.

A loving BatVan with Lash. All my dreams are coming true.

EDIT: Also, one of the Collectors seems to have Seekers on them.

The Krogan also seems to have Lift? He hits something with a biotic and it launches straight up, I can't think of anything that can do that?

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 4, 2012

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kaizer88 posted:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/324/index/14346429

HAH, knew collectors would be coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqwuHFIgIA

New Turian Soldier, Turian infiltrator, and what looks like a krogan adept with shockwave in the trailer. 16 new classes? that sounds like a lot...

Jizzed my pants when the Turian started JETPACKING AROUND.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Nice. I might just get into multiplayer again. A whole new enemy faction is a lot more enticing than some characters and guns that you'd have to luck out with booster packs to see.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I think I might now have to take a break from Dark Souls to get some credits banked up for this. Look for zxqv8 on Origin late nights (after midnight EST) so we can prepare for collector smashing together!

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

zxqv8 posted:

I wonder what class of Drell it is. Homing grenade doesn't really fit the infiltrator class so well, but maybe I'm just not doing enough mental gymnastics to make it fit.

Could be a good fit for Sentinel; homing grenade + a biotic power + some armor is certainly more Sentinelish than the Paladin. I don't think tech armor would be very good on a Drell but they could certainly do some variation that works better.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Lagomorphic posted:

Could be a good fit for Sentinel; homing grenade + a biotic power + some armor is certainly more Sentinelish than the Paladin. I don't think tech armor would be very good on a Drell but they could certainly do some variation that works better.
I think something that gives less damage reduction but increases mobility or somesuch might fit the Drell style.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yea, the Drell is probably Sentinel or Engineer. If they keep it one character per class, the Infiltrator is covered by the Asari and Krogans get the Adept (which is probably a female, being a shaman).

If the shaman is a female, it's gonna make Brogan parties weirder. What nickname could we give them? Galgan? Femgan?

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"
Man, the first time in almost a month I decide to play ME3 Multiplayer, and Xbox Live just shits the bed. C'est La Vie.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

zxqv8 posted:

Infiltrator class is typically Cloak + Grenade Skill + Tech Skill. Human Infi: Cloak, Sticky Bomb, Cryo Blast. Quarian Female Infi: Cloak, Sabotage, Sticky Bomb. Quarian Male Infi: Cloak, Tac Scan, Arc Grenade.

My guess for a Drell Infiltratot is Cloak, Homing Grenade, Shadow Strike because Drells should have swords. :colbert:

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.
b-b-but I want a Punisher. Wouldn't expect them to add those like they did the Raider/Argus since they're not in everyone's game.

Don't mind at all that it looks like a lot of new classes have some old abilities, should keep things interesting. That Turian with the helmet looks awesome. Batarian Vanguard gently caress yeah.

Played a bunch today, trip report on patch - SMG ULM seems to work now, Boss headshots are awesome (gotta try one shotting a Brute with my Jav X Gethfiltrator), Banshees will now charge straight over the terminals on White (Plat farming just got much harder). Haven't tried a Vanguard yet. The White auto-resurrect spot fix seems to have failed, happened at least twice to me. At least I haven't seen a single missile glitcher.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

It's good to see Harby has moved back into the dating scene after Shepard left him heartbroken.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Two Finger posted:

The Krogan also seems to have Lift? He hits something with a biotic and it launches straight up, I can't think of anything that can do that?
Maybe Slam?

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 4, 2012

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Schubalts posted:

If they keep it one character per class, the Infiltrator is covered by the Asari

Except the edited post is now a Turian Infiltrator and Soldier so who knows what is going on. Maybe the Asari Infiltrator is BS which would be a shame. Was hoping for Cloak Stasis and Dominate.

e: Then again I rewatched it and there was definitely an Asari using a new skill (looked a bit like Phase Disruptor)

The New Black fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 4, 2012

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Nordick posted:

I think something that gives less damage reduction but increases mobility or somesuch might fit the Drell style.

Yeah or something like a mashup of barrier and annihilation field.

Looking at the video again. There's a brownish ball that seems to be following the Drell that could be an active armor/AF style visual cue.

drat Bioware has me watching this trailer like it's the loving Zapruder film.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 4, 2012

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Schubalts posted:

If the shaman is a female, it's gonna make Brogan parties weirder. What nickname could we give them? Galgan? Femgan?

You don't need nuts to be a bro. I know at least a few female bros.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

AngryBooch posted:

Infiltrator class is typically Cloak + Grenade Skill + Tech Skill. Human Infi: Cloak, Sticky Bomb, Cryo Blast. Quarian Female Infi: Cloak, Sabotage, Sticky Bomb. Quarian Male Infi: Cloak, Tac Scan, Arc Grenade.

My guess for a Drell Infiltratot is Cloak, Homing Grenade, Shadow Strike because Drells should have swords. :colbert:

You raise some very good points, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter :rimshot:

This does seem like the most likely class now that you mention it, though I'm not certain they'll double up on shadow strike. Sure, other classes share skills, but that seems like one that might remain Shadow-only. After all, the character doing the shadow strike in the trailer is a shadow.

:speculate: abounds.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
Batarian Vanguard. Charge + Shotgun + Falcon Punch = Silver hilarity.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.
Oh, and anyone who wants to team up to farm creds for this on XBL once again my Gt is 'dub zomby'.

I don't think the new Krogan is female. Looks just like the Vanguard to me.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I removed the ULM bug from the list. Could you guys on Xbox who already have the patch check on some other stuff like the Firebase Jade bug or the secondary AP ammo bug?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

I've got some spare AP ammo and 20 mins to kill. I'll check it now.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

horns.aiff

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14345179

New patch introduced a bug where you can't Shadow Strike Atlases. RIP flaming melee shadow :911:

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

I'm beginning to wish that Bioware would add another pack type that contains only Armor/Weapon/Ammo consumables. I use them much faster than I get them out of PSPs and they add a lot to your effectiveness and survivability.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Perfectly Cromulent posted:

I'm beginning to wish that Bioware would add another pack type that contains only Armor/Weapon/Ammo consumables. I use them much faster than I get them out of PSPs and they add a lot to your effectiveness and survivability.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Next time you hit up the store, scroll down. :ssh:

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Elotana posted:

Next time you hit up the store, scroll down. :ssh:

I know about the Jumbo Equipment Pack. I don't need a bunch more Medigel and Ops Packs and I'd prefer the ability to get level 3 and 4 consumables. I believe you mostly get level 2 out of a JEP, yes?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

In my experience it's usually an even split between IIs and IIIs, but level II consumables are pretty good too. I usually buy a JEP and a PSP every two Gold rounds, equip consumables for every round including random quick matches because I don't give a gently caress, and I've yet to have to dip into my massive stash of level Is.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Collector faction, loving called that poo poo.

Somebody please give me my Good at Predicting Stuff prize.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Holy crap, I almost came reading that huge blog post.

This game is officially playable again.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

exquisite tea posted:

sure, I'll buy you a recruit pack

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Elotana posted:

In my experience it's usually an even split between IIs and IIIs, but level II consumables are pretty good too. I usually buy a JEP and a PSP every two Gold rounds, equip consumables for every round including random quick matches because I don't give a gently caress, and I've yet to have to dip into my massive stash of level Is.

See I always try to use my level 1s - usually at random - just so my list of gear is shorter. I plan on clearing out my IIs this week.

since 3 is uncommon now I'm swimming in it.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

So I just checked it and the Jade extraction bug and the AP ammo with 2 guns bug are both fixed.

Also there is a fun new bug/feature: :catdrugs:Kills from Biotic Charge now trigger Krogan Rage!:catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Lagomorphic called a Krogan Shaman Adept with Shockwave three months ago, I think he wins

• Locked thread