Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

thevoiceofdog posted:

Helpful tip: Do NOT heavy melee an enemy as a Batarian that has simultaneously been hit with the Lash power.

Actually this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The best way to farm platinum is to play it normally vs Reapers as a Vorcha soldier and use the reegar carbine on marauders/banshee barrier and the damage + armor damage specced flamer on everything else.

:colbert:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I really think London is a pretty fun map, but I've mostly played Salarian Infiltrator with cloak duration on it, so it's pretty easy to move among the rubble and stay in cover. Really hectic/fun at times. I can definitely see how it would be infuriating with a slow moving/no cloak class though.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I don't have it unlocked but I've seen some pubbie players with high level Particle Rifles on Destroyers do very well

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Well, if any class needed a buff it was definitely the Krogan Vanguard :psyduck:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The Vorcha Soldier is good on Gold (and even Platinum). I guess any class is, but a reegar carbine for shields/barrier + an armor and damage specced flamer for Armor is devastating

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Felinoid posted:

:stare: Even on Platinum I'd welcome a SalInf that knew what he was doing. Energy Drain can keep you from going down at bad times since there's always plenty of Hunters and Phantoms and Banshees to pull from, and Prox mine in the clumps of big guys that develop is priceless. If you've ever seen a properly played GethInf on Platinum you probably know what I mean.

A lot of pubbie players are just insane. I've had the two best classes in the game (Krogan Vanguard and Salarian Infiltrator) both poo poo talked by people playing amazing classes like 'N7 Fury' and 'Quarian Female Engineer'

I just ignore anything said by another player in the game unless it's crazed ranting with a slavic accent which fortunately is very common.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Out of interest, what were they playing? Please say it was wall-to-wall human adepts.

Fury is pretty drat good, man. Not a top-tier class (we should work out a class-list) but very much up there.

Yeah I meant the slayer, whoops.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Synonamess Botch posted:

Now I'm just being a dick, but the Slayer rules too

Here's my problem with the slayer: The Phase Disruptor is loving terrible, probably one of the worst abilities in the game, and the only time I really tried out the class I found that using the charge was a good recipe for just randomly dying because hey you charged into a Phantom's Sword or a Brute's Claw and you inexplicably aren't invincible aghhh gently caress this class

If that actually isn't something that happens all the time it might not be so bad though!

edit: I had the same problem randomly dying while charging with the N7 Shadow's sword charge thing (only much worse) so maybe it was just a lag issue or something though.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Elotana posted:

:cmon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XexjmLnZUI

Ugh I hate being able to stagger everything in the game 4x per second gently caress THIS poo poo

It doesn't target, it's slow, it doesn't do much damage, and it drains your shields. Hell yeah. I'm sure it does fine if you're just speed running and crushing spawn points, but then you should just be going batarian and inferno grenading/punching everything anyway :colbert:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It would be nice if they'd make the hit boxes or sync or whatever on instakills a little more reasonable, but if they removed them completely the game would be waaaay too easy. Banshees would go from incredibly dangerous to completely terrible instantly. It would take a lot of balancing to fix it, which is not something I could see happening.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

nwin posted:

What the gently caress is with this game...

Playing a geth gold farming mission, one geth hunter is left and will NOT die...we ran around chasing him for 2 minutes before someone was able to melee him.

When this happened to me what fixed it was running away across the entire map then coming back. Then he died normally.

It could have just been a time based coincidence of course, but this was after we tried multiple missiles, every power available, etc

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I guess I'm really lucky, I've never seen the missile glitch. The only exploit I've seen in the many many hours I've played the game was one random gold game where suddenly in wave 4 every biotic ability had 0 cooldown. I'm not even sure if this was a hack rather than a bug because it definitely did not work like that for the first three waves, but then all of a sudden my human sentinel can just spam throw and warp with 0s cooldowns. I left after that wave as it certainly seemed awfully dodgy either way.

That said, the sprinting with the object glitch is awesome and I'm going to be very upset if I get banned for using it a couple of times just to amaze pubbies :colbert:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Krogan Soldier is hilarious on Reapers - Glacier. Mass inferno grenades while standing on the stairs to avoid execution. Nothing like seeing a Banshee, Ravager, and Brute all keel over dead from inferno grenades while futilely trying to claw past each other to attack you

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Ruin Completely posted:

So I have both of the Vorcha and I love the sentinel, but is there a way to make the soldier as good?

Put 0 points into Carnage, spec the Flamer for damage and damage vs armor. Reegar Carbine as your weapon, use that to melt shields/barriers, then flame armor. Everyone melts.

Not so great against Geth in my experience, but it destroys Brutes and Ravagers plus you're completely unkillable vs Banshees and it's also great vs Phantoms as they'll burn up while standing there with the shield up/running away.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Well that was nice, two gold games in around 20 minutes each. Destroyer, Demolisher, and me as a Krogan Soldier. So many grenades. I think I saw more fire explosions in one game than in the countless hours I've played this before combined.

Also probably the first game I've ever played where no one used a single missile

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
As someone who has a group of people I know to play with I think the weekend goal is really cool, much better than most of the previous ones. Definitely would like to do it on Platinum but that might be a bit much.

If I had to do it with public players and just hope they didn't use a consumable it would probably be horrible though, so I can understand the negative reaction

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Agh, doing the weekend mission by soloing reapers bronze as a human soldier with the avenger and no other equipment. Finish the wave 6 objective, haven't been below shields the entire game, kill a ravager, start getting shot by another ravager....run into the first ravager's goo pile and fall over dead as I can't use an ops survival pack

What a way to go

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Elotana posted:

Bloodlust needs a buff, Vorcha are one of the classes that fare the worst moving from Bronze to Gold. The easiest thing I can think of would be to have the regen rate scale based on the damage you've dealt.

I can make all sorts of crazy glass cannon Geth or Drell carry gold but Vorcha I still hit the floor too much to be useful.

EDIT
Jaunty Vanguard II:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HV-shbtgRQ

I think the issue is that you have to change how you play dramatically with the Vorcha on Gold or Platinum. Instead of being a walking tank you need to use his 'combat rolls' and use the flamer around cover etc. Which yeah doesn't really make sense for a character who's strength is supposed to be regenerating health and fighting in close quarters.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Missing with missiles is entertaining enough to make up for the rage. Best one I've had was a gold game where I fired at an atlas surrounded by phantoms and it went directly between the legs of the atlas and flew off the map never exploding

I've also fired a missile at two banshees only for it to hit a lone swarmer in front of them and have the swarmer be the only kill

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

VJeff posted:

Wanted to play a little bit of Gold tonight - took six tries to find something that wasn't G/G/W. There's like nobody playing this game anymore, is there?

Whoop, spoke too soon. Host left and the lobby collapsed in on itself.

I never have problem finding players, but I have noticed that lately I almost always get dropped into games in progress.

Did enjoy carrying an n7 22 level 7 human infiltrator through a game of gold earlier, we tried platinum next but wiped on wave 9 sadly

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Dominating Platinum with the Drell Adept :hellyeah:

Ok, so it was Glacier farming with a Demolisher on the team. It still counts. :colbert: So many cluster grenades

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

VJeff posted:

The stairs trick for a Banshee is kinda neat, but does it really work on Gold or Platinum? Seems like at that point, if you're anything besides a Kroguard, then the constant Warps you'll be taking and the fire from other enemies like Marauders and Ravagers would leave you considerably hosed up.

Just seems really situational to me, although I'd love to solo Silver with a slashing Slayer (say that five times fast :smug:) and just fight Banshees on stairs all day.

It's literally impossible for a Banshee to kill a Vorcha in any way other than an execute so it's pretty useful in that situation.

As far as farming goes, I don't have much trouble. If people go into the room you can clear Glacier Platinum in 27 or 28 minutes no matter how bad the pubbies are usually. I did one last night with a Paladin who scored 18k points solely through meleeing people when they got into the room. I was a level 12 salarian engineer with a lvl 18 vorcha sentinel and lvl 20 destroyer.

Basically if you have a level 20 destroyer with the Piranha you can't lose.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
A friend and I took the Argus into Platinum

it's bad

almost as bad as the Locust which I used the game before that

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Got a full extraction earlier on Reapers Reactor Platinum. Just roving around the map loving everything up rather than farming. Awesome stuff, based on the success I'm assuming it was either crazy eastern european guys or goons.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I only remember seeing it when I hit something with the shield and it knocked them out of the map boundaries to their death. I think it's related to having the fire or ice effect applied to it, it must do some damage. I believe kills due to map ejection are attributed to the last thing that hit the enemy before it fell to its death and it saw the fire/ice damage from Shield Mastery last.

Afaik whatever did the most recent damage gets credit in these situations so that makes sense. I had a Brute jump off the map to it's death on Rio (trying to use it's charge attack) and got a sweet combat drone kill on it despite it being full health

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Butterfly Valley posted:

Surprisingly, some people exist who are good at this game who haven't paid $10 to post on an internet forum.

Yes, and every last one of them is a crazy Eastern European guy.

Just kidding, I love to join a random gold game in progress and have it be three 1k+ N7 guys farming geth fire base gold and then getting pissed when I don't want to stay in the stupid loving room. At least do it on plat you assholes

Paracelsus posted:

So how do you handle Guardians when you don't have someone else distracting them? Neither flamer nor the reeger can do much when the shield is facing towards you, so it seems like you have to pray that you can place a cluster grenade juuuuust right, which rarely seems to happen.

No reason not to have the shredder V on your reegar. Guardians are toast

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Hell yeah, Eagle III.

I guess that's what I get for getting Valiant, Valiant II, Hurricane I-V, and Crusader I first

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

VJeff posted:

"Krogan Vanguard"..."too powerful"...

I don't understand those words when used together like that. :confused:

Uh, well, it might be the best class in the game barring floating off into space because you're not the host. So I can certainly see making it more powerful being strange.

Of course, considering Bioware inexplicably buffed it a couple of patches ago, who knows. Then again, they also just buffed the Typhoon and Talon so I really don't know what the hell is happening.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
They should just delete Firebase White from the select a map screen

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
One nice change I saw last night when dropped into a game with people farming G/W/P was that Banshees now seem to immediately teleport over the cover in the grab room and start executing people. That certainly livened up the game.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If Volus AREN'T in the game I'm quitting. gently caress anyone who would not want Volus in the game.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
God drat I don't actually care how good it might be, the Volus Engineer rolls hilariously, speaks hilariously, and has a loving nuclear bomb. Best class in the game. I could probably just spend the entire game combat rolling up and down ramps and be happy.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Solomonic posted:

I was in a round last night with three volus (including myself) and a guy playing a QFI who kept yelling on his mic about 'loving volus' in some vaguely European accent. Every time a round ended, we would congregate around him and roll back and forth like some kind of synchronized beach volleyball game.

Awesome. I had a 3 volus game last night but the other person thought they were hilarious and wanted to unlock one himself.

The fight against anti-volus bigotry is going well

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

KnoxZone posted:

So I had the most hilarious thing happen to me yesterday. Was playing the hazard reactor map. I saw an enemy in the reactor so I pushed the button. Little did I know that it was the last enemy of the wave. All my allies charged in to finish it off. Wave ended, they got incinerated, and the next wave started with just me alive. I felt a bit guilty, but I couldn't stop laughing for the next three waves.

This wasn't cool at all :colbert:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I just want to say, the Volus Engineer loving owns. Ignore it having 1 health and 8 barrier or whatever, with shield boost and the light melee cloak you can survive almost anything if you're careful.

Just running around on Gold with a little volus shooting people with a piranha and blowing up recon mines everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I really hate that I don't even have the Harrier or Typhoon unlocked but every PSP is Cryo Rounds IV, Cryo Rounds IV, Cryo Rounds IV now

• Locked thread